Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1058439421983383554

That must be some potent loving chili

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Oh. My. God.

https://twitter.com/popehat/status/1058448069513998336?s=21

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

My dad sprays atrazine on the farm, is he going to turn gay? :ohdear:

I was actually talking with him earlier this year and he was saying that it wasn't used as much as it used to be because it's a lot more dangerous than newer herbicides but since there's now a lot of weeds that have developed resistance to the newer herbicides they've had more success by going back to atrazine. Hopefully the pendulum swings back the other way in another decade so they don't have to use that poo poo as much. He even mentioned a couple weeks ago that a few people were using loving paraquat because nothing else was working.

Resistance to herbicides/pesticides/antibiotics is a big loving deal y'all. Gotta have rules and regulations in place so the valuable tools we depend on for modern live don't stop working completely.

my kinda ape fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Nov 2, 2018

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

my kinda ape posted:

hes gonna turn gay and into a frog

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

bulletsponge13 posted:

Accidental War Crimes are cheeky and fun. Actual War Crimes are cruel and tragic.

Which makes them not really shenanigans at all.

That's why I always say I was party to war crimes. It sounds more fun.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

my kinda ape posted:

I was actually talking with him earlier this year and he was saying that it wasn't used as much as it used to be because it's a lot more dangerous than newer herbicides but since there's now a lot of weeds that have developed resistance to the newer herbicides they've had more success by going back to atrazine. Hopefully the pendulum swings back the other way in another decade so they don't have to use that poo poo as much. He even mentioned a couple weeks ago that a few people were using loving paraquat because nothing else was working.

Resistance to herbicides/pesticides/antibiotics is a big loving deal y'all. Gotta have rules and regulations in place so the valuable tools we depend on for modern live don't stop working completely.

R-r-r-rules and r-r-r-regulations?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Amphibian extinctions is a huge problem right now but holy :wtf:

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's everything extinction. We're killing everything.

We just haven't killed enough species for things to go horribly out of whack and actually impact western civilization.

Soon(tm)

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler
I think the amphibians going extinct is mostly a hell fungus that got spread everywhere so like, that's only partially our fault!

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

That's why I always say I was party to war crimes. It sounds more fun.

They really need to rename Law of Armed Conflict to Suggestions of Armed Conflict, because who amongst us hasn't committed a minor war crime?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Can any law guys do a minimal effort post about someone opening fire after a protester throws a rock regardless of ROIs and claiming the presidents speech/Twitter overrule and or constitute an executive order

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Waroduce posted:

Can any law guys do a minimal effort post about someone opening fire after a protester throws a rock regardless of ROIs and claiming the presidents speech/Twitter overrule and or constitute an executive order

war crimes are hard to prosecute unless you have someone willing to point fingers

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
At this point I'm expecting trucks to drive through neighborhoods spreading DDT again. Why the gently caress not.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Trump reneged on the shooting rock throwers and will now arrest them (in Mexico?), and the pentagon just banned troops from working in a law enforcement capacity so who knows what he's talking about

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Trump reneged on the shooting rock throwers and will now arrest them (in Mexico?), and the pentagon just banned troops from working in a law enforcement capacity so who knows what he's talking about
Well it was already banned via Posse Comitatus. They just spelled it out for Two Scoops.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Trump!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Sometimes I'm amazed that the terror world these people imagine would be better than the reality they're denying.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Trump voters are the villains from 80s party movies

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Who had bitcoin on their "Jacob Wohl is an Idiot" bingo card

https://twitter.com/GossiTheDog/status/1058419291605909507

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Hot Karl Marx posted:

hes gonna turn gay and into a frog

"I'm not gay! I'm not gay!" I continue to insist as I slowly shrink and transform into a frog

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

my kinda ape posted:

Bbbbbbut my beef cattle/chicken/corn/soybean prices......

I'm surprised round-up is still so widely used. It's been around 20 odd years now and still works well enough, but I'd have thought a resistance would have built faster.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

war crimes are hard to prosecute unless you have someone willing to point fingers

My time to shine!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Bolow posted:

Who had bitcoin on their "Jacob Wohl is an Idiot" bingo card

https://twitter.com/GossiTheDog/status/1058419291605909507

Goodness, he's like the Energizer Bunny of stupid.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I'm surprised round-up is still so widely used. It's been around 20 odd years now and still works well enough, but I'd have thought a resistance would have built faster.

It's getting to be a huge problem. Resistant amaranth is loving everywhere and it's super hard to kill, that's why they're busting out the paraquat and all sorts of new formulations of different herbicides mixed together.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Nigerians clown old Americans on the internet by playing toward their closely held desires, more at 11

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Which is wild since the units being mobilized are 50% MPs, 25% logistics and 25% combat camera

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Internet Wizard posted:

Which is wild since the units being mobilized are 50% MPs, 25% logistics and 25% combat camera

MPs are the answer to if a troop can open carry a weapon while doing their job. Cops can always carry, so thats fulfils the commanders intent.

Some fuckin bird got a bullet for that riddle loophole.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Right, because the illegal terrorist ISIS caravan is going to invade Detroit Lakes and occupy your lake shack.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

BigDave posted:

Right, because the illegal terrorist ISIS caravan is going to invade Detroit Lakes and occupy your lake shack.

No not Adam Theilen's house......also: please just leave Lake Alex alone migrants but you can have Fish Trap.

(Deep Minnesota lake discussion itt)

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Cabins that aren't already in the family are out of reach for middle class Minnesotans nowadays so be my guest migrants.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Casimir Radon posted:

Cabins that aren't already in the family are out of reach for middle class Minnesotans nowadays so be my guest migrants.

There's a shack being sold by my mom's friend in Vining on East Battle Lake, that 10 years ago would've sold for less then $50k.

Today? $375k without breaking a sweat.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

BigDave posted:

There's a shack being sold by my mom's friend in Vining on East Battle Lake, that 10 years ago would've sold for less then $50k.

:chloe:

I wonder what rural vacation property here in WI goes for since we're Chicago's backyard.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

DoktorLoken posted:

:chloe:

I wonder what rural vacation property here in WI goes for since we're Chicago's backyard.

Lake Geneva, you're looking at $700k, minimum. https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sa...ct/12_zm/0_mmm/

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

BigDave posted:

You can get some decent houses in battle lake proper and live in a literal old white antiquing hellscape for not a ton of cash. But cabins are $gently caress.

But the Mississippi lake chain is still fun to party on

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Well, Lake Geneva has always been an uber rich lake place for Chicagoans. I'm talking way further north, like Wausau or something.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

DoktorLoken posted:

Well, Lake Geneva has always been an uber rich lake place for Chicagoans. I'm talking way further north, like Wausau or something.

$300k will get you 2 beds on the Wisconsin river: https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sa...ct/12_zm/0_mmm/

Also the Wisconsin Beaver is worth 40 cents to the American dollar, so your prices may vary.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
No housing bubble! No housing bubble! You're the Bubble!

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

M_Gargantua posted:

No housing bubble! No housing bubble! You're the Bubble!

I'm starting to get a bit worried that this bubble won't pop. People are staying in their houses way longer than in previous years so as long as the market stays plentiful with jobs and people continue to stay planted they keep themselves in a nice security blanket.

I'm starting to think I'll never be able to afford a modest house that isn't 600 square feet, no yard and has a massive home in the roof. Sold "as is"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oct
Jul 19, 2007

The devil's movin' in like he's gonna stay.

Nice and hot piss posted:

I'm starting to get a bit worried that this bubble won't pop. People are staying in their houses way longer than in previous years so as long as the market stays plentiful with jobs and people continue to stay planted they keep themselves in a nice security blanket.

I'm selling my home in Colorado, which I've had for about five years so this housing market poo poo has been really interesting. Homes in my area north of Denver have been in notoriously high demand, particularly starting around 2014, and values have appreciated really quickly. But then the local market here hit the brakes in August, and it's really spiraled after the interest rates went up. All of the homes on the market in my neighborhood are way overpriced for what they are, which I think indicates that some of this is based on unrealistic greed on the part of most sellers.

Part of me wonders if younger homeowners who don't remember the days of 10+% interest on a mortgage are more likely to hunker down than older homeowners who may remember those days and not fret about it as much. I don't think prices are going to take a huge dive in places like this, simply because demand still (more or less) outstrips supply, but I think that the absurd expectations of would-be sellers are going to be dialed back.