Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

I Just had two salad dressings that were excellent one was a avocado vinaigrette with maybe lime juice and the other was a Blue cheese with a small bit of honey and balsamic. I think they had cracked pepper in both but want to make these at home since they tasted so GREAT!

I could join Avocado with a light oil then blend in the egg for a mayo type base and go to form a tasty dressing for lettuce. I keep hearing about combining blue cheese honey and balsamic for a tasty salad dressing. Do you think these would be a bad combo or something I could improve upon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Blue cheese, honey, and balsamic work really good together, but I wouldn't use it to just dress lettuce. Throw some toasted walnuts and maybe some chopped figs in there and you got a dang treat.

Cilantro stems in a blender with some lime juice, cider vinegar, a couple cloves of garlic, and a handful of cashews makes for an insanely good kinda creamy dressing. Just salt it to taste and hot drat you got some treat right there.

stinkypete
Nov 27, 2007
wow

Tonight I made a blue cheese and balsamic dressing for tomatoes and cucumbers. I used my stick blender garlic mayo that was probably too heavy of a taste for the costco balsamic since I had to add quite a bit of vinegar. I wasn't able to add the honey for fear of it being too sweet. To try to save it I added a little cayenne pepper powder knowing my taste I should have gone with small amount of habenero powder instead. Your recommendation for the walnut is a really good idea that would taste good. I haven't cooked with fig but will try to find some this weekend.

I cook a lot of Sonoran food and have only used the leaves of the cilantro plant. I will buy a bunch of cilantro this weekend and blend the stems up with your recipe I can see how the cashews would make a super creamy subtle nutty flavor.

Thanks for your input now I am excited to experiment perfecting what I ate this last week.

Now I will share a dressing for Basque salad.

Boil 2 eggs hard and dice very small. Place eggs in a container and cover with just enough red wine vinegar to top the eggs. We are quick pickling the eggs. Place a half spoon of minced garlic and slightly mix to keep the yolks somewhat intact. Let this set overnight. Add mayo to make a slightly thinner dressing than a ranch dressing add some salt and a little bit more pepper to taste. Use iceberg lettuce with green onion as the base put simple lettuce mix in a bowl and toss dressing to your liking. Don't premix this because the vinegar will wilt the lettuce. Some people prefer the cheap powdered pizza chain Parmesan to shake on top I don't. I do have a salt shaker of granulated garlic on my table next to the salt and pepper I suggest you use this on this salad so good.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

My boyfriend makes a really good caesar but I have no idea what he does. The recipe is find you a man who can cook and suck his dick

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Oh man I could go for this thread