Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Soonmot posted:

that's a 12.9 inch screen, right? Any non apple equivalents? my absurdly large 17 inch tablet probably only has a year or so of life left in it.

Surface pro. Samsung had a 12" note a few years ago that was great but mine died and they stopped making them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Huawei M5 10.8 runs great for me.
I read reviews of it that asked "why go widescreen when iPads are 4:3" while shaking my drat head.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I mentioned Bendis in another thread, and that got me to thinking, how's he doing at DC? I don't read them at all and figured I didn't want to clog up the DC thread with it because of that. It looks like he pulled over Mack, Gaydos, and Oeming for some Jinx style series, any good?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm enjoying his Superman books (the people who typically complain about Bendis don't, unsurprisingly), and the Jinxworld books have been good. Cover, in particular, has amazing art and an interesting story.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I think people are liking his Walmart Batman story. I'll have to wait till it's collected to read it, myself.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Endless Mike posted:

I'm enjoying his Superman books (the people who typically complain about Bendis don't, unsurprisingly), and the Jinxworld books have been good. Cover, in particular, has amazing art and an interesting story.

I typically really like Bendis way more than most people and I love Superman comics. I do not think however they combine well at all. I’m much more looking forward the teen superhero line he’s heading up. That seems way more like his wheelhouse. Bendis Young Justice is one of my most anticipated titles. Bendis should leave Superman to someone else.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Speaking of Bendis, I'm not sure him making Iceman gay was anywhere near as out of left field as some people complained originally.

https://twitter.com/KurtBusiek/status/1061793664425385985

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'm not thankful for comcis they have ruined my brain and my life and I'm 450 issues into reading all of 2000ad

gently caress comics

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Re Bendis I have no desire to read him on Superman, but I'd kill for them to hand over Detective and maybe a couple smaller Bat characters to him and let him just go apeshit

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's not about the smaller characters, but he is doing a Batman comic right now.
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/first-look-brian-michael-bendis-nick-derington-dig-into-their-new-batman-100-page-giant

And Detective is going to Tomasi, so win-win except for the whole having to go to Walmart part.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Nov 12, 2018

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Teenage Fansub posted:

It's not about the smaller characters, but he is doing a Batman comic right now.
https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/first-look-brian-michael-bendis-nick-derington-dig-into-their-new-batman-100-page-giant

And Detective is going to Tomasi, so win-win except for the whole having to go to Walmart part.

Sounds like a meh-lose imo

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Soonmot posted:

that's a 12.9 inch screen, right? Any non apple equivalents? my absurdly large 17 inch tablet probably only has a year or so of life left in it.

Pixel Slate, 12.3" screen, running Chrome OS, but able to use Android Apps might be a solution. I had the Pixel C before switching to the 12.9" iPad Pro (because of the 12.9" screen) and it worked well, but was just a bit too small for reading full pages comfortably with my eyesight. I also tried the Surface Pro 4 back in the day, but the comic reader software available was (and unfortunately is) pretty bad compared to Android and iOS offerings. I loved the full access to everything of course, but Windows 10 is terrible for touch screens and the App Store is a wasteland of lovely Apps and website wrappers.

Decius fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Nov 12, 2018

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I read the Road to No Man's Land arc, and whoo boy Nicholas Scratch might be the worst Batman villain of all time

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gripweed posted:

I read the Road to No Man's Land arc, and whoo boy Nicholas Scratch might be the worst Batman villain of all time

Fun fact: another character also called Nicholas Scratch is associated with the worst Fantastic Four/Avengers/Marvel in general supervillain team of all time.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Fun fact: another character also called Nicholas Scratch is associated with the worst Fantastic Four/Avengers/Marvel in general supervillain team of all time.

Well it's a name associated with Satan, so that's why a lot of fiction uses that name for evil/demonic characters.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Salem's Seven are so bad.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
New Salem isn't even a bad idea at all, their stories are just almost uniformly awful and like many Perez designs the Seven themselves look really busy and cluttered drawn by anyone else (and frankly as far as Perez designs go they're all pretty uninspired). Also, they're just a bunch of goofy supervillains, nothing about any one of them, except MAYBE the lion guy, declares their witchcraft/neo-puritan motif. It's all a mess. ALSO their first appearance is nonsense-- they've been transformed to be able to beat the FF's "natural powers," so when they discover that Reed is using artificial limb enhancers they all poof back into humans, notwithstanding the other three people standing right their chucking fireballs and forcefields at them.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1062052518384070657

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well that is terrible but not at all unexpected.

Rest easy Stan.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Rest in peace Stan Lee.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well that's a poo poo start to the week.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

drat :( RIP Stan.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

drat. RIP Stan

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
God rest your soul, you carny bastard.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
RIP Stan, you'll be missed.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'm sorry his last year had to be so poo poo.

I hope Marvel refrains from making him a digital actor.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Nov 12, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'm sorry his last year had to be so poo poo.

I hope Marvel refrains from making him a digital actor.

I'm terrified of what Disney is going to do with his legacy, especially considering the war that has and will be fought over his estate.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Marvel has a number of cameos banked already. They filmed some two years ago and then again last year. He'll be in movies for years.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
RIP Stan the Man.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rhyno posted:

I'm terrified of what Disney is going to do with his legacy, especially considering the war that has and will be fought over his estate.

Did law enforcement step in on what's been going on with him? From what I understand some sharkish people were doin' him dirty. So much so that Kevin Smith offered to let Stan live with his family so he'd be safe from them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Marvel has a number of cameos banked already. They filmed some two years ago and then again last year. He'll be in movies for years.

I hope that's enough. I'm still really not looking forward to the shitstorm that's going to unfold over his estate.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Rhyno posted:

I hope that's enough. I'm still really not looking forward to the shitstorm that's going to unfold over his estate.

Hopefully his daughter lawyers the gently caress up.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

It's all gonna go to his daughter, who from what is publicly known about her, will probably blow it all in a few years.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Scene: all over the universe piles of ashes begin reforming into living creatures after the Earth's Mightiest Heroes' difficult triumph over the mad Titan. A single pile with a big pair of transition glasses on top refuses to reform. It's what Stan the Man would've wanted.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Last year I saw Todd McFarlane do an interview with Stan Lee at ECCC. One thing that we across really well was how charming Lee was. Even though he was old and needed someone to repeat the questions to him his answers were always sharp and he was always eager to tell a story. He was a showman right to the end. I know his history can be spotty but I'm glad people like Lee existed in this world, if just to add some magic to it.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

X-O posted:

Maybe for Captain Marvel as a goodbye, but I hope they'd reconsider beyond that.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

It's all gonna go to his daughter, who from what is publicly known about her, will probably blow it all in a few years.

Well I'm sure it's going to be tied up in court for a time.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Teenage Fansub posted:

Maybe for Captain Marvel as a goodbye, but I hope they'd reconsider beyond that.

Far From Home would be an appropriate stopping point imo. Having the last cameo be in a Spider-Man film feels right.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

God drat it. This month is bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Washington Post's obituary

• Locked thread