Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This comes out next week and the demo is available on PS4 and is playable until 11/4.

I'm going to play this for four days without stopping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Does it have multi? I honestly haven't been following too close.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

P-Mack posted:

Does it have multi? I honestly haven't been following too close.

No

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
What if the tetris pieces all had huge rubbery senran kagura style tits.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

When I played a lot of Diablo 2 I would hallucinate tooltips over objects like earrings and pencils and stuff sitting on a counter.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
did sony pay for this or is it coming to other stuff eventually

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wormskull posted:

When I played a lot of Diablo 2 I would hallucinate tooltips over objects like earrings and pencils and stuff sitting on a counter.
This but weights and values after too much Morrowind.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

White cube outlines from too much heavily modded Minecraft.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I've tried to quicksave irl

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
This kicks rear end. I love how you can hook up a second controller for vibration on the off-beats rez style

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Milkman posted:

There's a PC version I think.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I guess it's just a PS4 game. Apologies.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My "Tetris effect" is when I binge on a JRPG for a weekend and by Sunday night when I'm trying to fall asleep I will hear phantom menu cursor noises for hours.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I fuckin suck at tetris but this is cool as hell

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

my morning jackass posted:

I fuckin suck at tetris but this is cool as hell
Same, can't get any higher than a B. Still love it. Does the demo not have levels beyond the first three, or do I have to do something to unlock them?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Same, can't get any higher than a B. Still love it. Does the demo not have levels beyond the first three, or do I have to do something to unlock them?

Looking at leaderboards and stuff it's just those 3. If you go to "effect" mode you can also play endless/150 line classic tetris (no zone mechanic) on any of those 3 levels plus an additional one

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

If I play a mapgame before bed I have painful waking dreams where I see borders shift and grow all night

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

To be honest the trippy visuals don't douch for me. I would prefer simple colored blocks. Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

The Milkman posted:

i think its sony exclusive its a psvr game that they were nice enough to make a regular version of

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

To be honest the trippy visuals don't douch for me. I would prefer simple colored blocks. Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned.
That's in the options

WEEDCAT
Oct 31, 2005

*sets you on fire*

goferchan posted:

Looking at leaderboards and stuff it's just those 3. If you go to "effect" mode you can also play endless/150 line classic tetris (no zone mechanic) on any of those 3 levels plus an additional one

There is also Mystery mode if you scroll way down, the board flipping and mirroring is a dang nightmare as the speed goes up.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

edit: nvm, I found the Zone meter, I'm just not good enough to trigger it

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

my wife was v annoyed with my playing so she demanded I give her the controller then proceeded to fuckin crush it.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

my morning jackass posted:

my wife was v annoyed with my playing so she demanded I give her the controller then proceeded to fuckin crush it.

i hope she gets you a new one

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I.N.R.I posted:

What if the tetris pieces all had huge rubbery senran kagura style tits.

Might be cool

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

Tetris, not the actual controller fortunately.

She preordered it so I guess I can try and get better when I actually get a chance to play it.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
for 4 days my psvr is worth owning

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

GorfZaplen posted:

Honestly the main thing I'm impressed with is how readable they keep the board with all the visual poo poo going on. It's a very thoughtful balance and never took me out of my zone

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

Honestly the main thing I'm impressed with is how readable they keep the board with all the visual poo poo going on. It's a very thoughtful balance and never took me out of my zone
I love it and it makes me happy

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

trying to jack off posted:

:mmmhmm:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

this game is sick

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

$40 is a lot for single player tetris but 27 different songs/skins is pretty wild if they're all as good and dynamic as the 4 in the game . I think I got to bite (African Chant Tetris Hell is so loving sick at high speeds)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*me, sickly pale-yellow, covered in sores, skeletally thin, being wheeled into the thread on a gurney, croaking* VR huh? *coughs violently and wetly* Is it gonna be on PC?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Between this and red dead I’m seriously debating getting a nice new headset for peak immersion

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

There's a fourth song hidden in Marathon mode, Jellyfish Chorus.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh the other classic Tetris Effect is when I played a lot of Tony Hawk I would imagine doing tricks in places like the toilet bowl and sink and stuff.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Turning tricks in the toilet eh? LOL.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i want this videogame so bad

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Oh the other classic Tetris Effect is when I played a lot of Tony Hawk I would imagine doing tricks in places like the toilet bowl and sink and stuff.

as a kid thinking "why do they use escalators and trucks to reach stuff in the street when they could just wallride into a grind and then jump into another wallride"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
tony hawk putting on a safety helmet and bright phosphorescent vest and using an aerial work platform to carefully reach a floating spinning videotape

• Locked thread