Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

goferchan posted:

It's wild how much the variable speed through the level (instead of just constantly ramping up) changes the feel of Tetris so much. It's great to just barely survive a high-speed part and then have a slow section of the song to catch your breath and clean up your board.

Yeah it’s such a good feeling to get out of a rush and watch your gently caress ups slowly melt away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shampy
Apr 27, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Over There posted:

Holy poo poo the fire level

I went into the settings and changed the blocks to classic style to deal with it easier

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

my morning jackass posted:

no one is playing this or any game in vr

How do you know.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Shampy posted:

I went into the settings and changed the blocks to classic style to deal with it easier

lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This is like Al Capone getting busted for tax evasion

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shampy posted:

Lmao

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I'm just trying to get a blowjob over here.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm just trying to get a blowjob over here.

Gamer Goals 2018

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Shampy posted:

Harsh but fair.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Shampy posted:

about time

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Pablo Nergigante posted:

lmao

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
i kinda wish that the ds4's dpad wasn't poo poo

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Phone posted:

i kinda wish that the ds4's dpad wasn't poo poo
it's better than any D-pad Nintendo's made lately

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
Downloaded this today. Sat down a played through all of journey mode just thoroughly enthralled. It's just so mesmerizing

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Shampy posted:

lmfao

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

shove me like you do posted:

Downloaded this today. Sat down a played through all of journey mode just thoroughly enthralled. It's just so mesmerizing
It's really loving good. I appreciate that they've lowered the scoring requirements a bit from the demo, too. It's nice to actually be able to get above a B.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's really loving good. I appreciate that they've lowered the scoring requirements a bit from the demo, too. It's nice to actually be able to get above a B.

I wish I knew what the scoring reqs actually were and if they factored in time spent at all or are just pure score -- I can get an A on Journey mode stuff but no S's and I can't break B on any Explore Mode stuff

edit: also add me on PSN at mattnotgeorge please! i have like no leaderboard friends

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

I wish I knew what the scoring reqs actually were and if they factored in time spent at all or are just pure score -- I can get an A on Journey mode stuff but no S's and I can't break B on any Explore Mode stuff
As far as I can tell it's just score, they don't show your time at the end, but I also think level completion might give you a bonus based on time? Not sure. They might ignore time entirely to focus on setting up Tetrises and combos, but I also think time affects your Zone meter, which I still haven't triggered.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

You know you gotta press L2 or R2 to trigger zone mode once you max it out right? I'd be surprised if you haven't maxed it at any point during journey mode unless it's super-dependent on combos and back-to-backs and stuff, I usually manage to max it out twice during any given set of levels

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

You know you gotta press L2 or R2 to trigger zone mode once you max it out right? I'd be surprised if you haven't maxed it at any point during journey mode unless it's super-dependent on combos and back-to-backs and stuff, I usually manage to max it out twice during any given set of levels
Oh, that's probably it then.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
it takes 8 line clears to build a quarter of your zone meter

i just redid area 1 and SS'd it really easy by just popping the zone button whenever it was up and i could get 8+ line clears, afaik rank is tied to score not time

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I've been getting better scores by activating zone like just as soon as I can get eight lines out of it, which is usually at around two clicks. There's some math involved that I don't entirely understand but you can see it here.

If you watch someone really good you'll see them activate after one click and I'm not there yet lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC64wv_-DXQ

It's cool cause you're like betting on how fast you can put up a bunch of lines.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I played Game Boy Tetris mode last night but can't seem to find it again... was it a limited-time event or something??

Over There posted:

Holy poo poo the fire level
the chanting gets me so loving pumped

Cat Machine fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Nov 12, 2018

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

the theatre mode is kinda cool to put in the background for chilling. Since you can manually activate some of the music cues you can kinda make a rhythm game of it.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Shampy posted:

lol

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Cat Machine posted:

I played Game Boy Tetris mode last night but can't seem to find it again... was it a limited-time event or something??
It was available for everyone during the "Weekend Ritual" event, and unlocks permanently at player level 50

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008
$40 is a bit too much for tetris but I'll grab this once it goes on sale.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

This is so good. Has anyone noticed one of the levels has the Rez lock on sound effects? (I forget which, I was distracted trying to avoid getting smashed by rapidly falling blocks)

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

anyone else get really emotional thinking about that part of Dolphin Surf where you come up out of the water

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lmfao

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Anyone playing in vr and is it sick

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Cat Machine posted:

anyone else get really emotional thinking about that part of Dolphin Surf where you come up out of the water

The sunlight smashes into your eyes and all of a sudden you're on top of the waves and it's all just too much... :3:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The last song is such a crazy stage, I love this game so much.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Does anyone have any advice for a beginner?

I'm on the last stage of journey mode and when it goes into speed 10 I just completely fall apart. Zone only gets me so far. I feel like the pieces fall faster than I can even scroll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Does anyone have any advice for a beginner?

I'm on the last stage of journey mode and when it goes into speed 10 I just completely fall apart. Zone only gets me so far. I feel like the pieces fall faster than I can even scroll.

put the blocks in the hole

• Locked thread