Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

put the blocks in the hole

Miney Crafty.
— Said by my Wife while unzipping my fly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Does anyone have any advice for a beginner?

I'm on the last stage of journey mode and when it goes into speed 10 I just completely fall apart. Zone only gets me so far. I feel like the pieces fall faster than I can even scroll.
Once you get to about speed 9 in you need to already know where you're dropping your next piece. You can rotate pieces on the ground a few times so try to build flat areas. Remember that zone mode can fix gaps and you don't have to have a full meter, so you can use it if you gently caress something up real bad. Stop focusing on building for a Tetris and just start clearing lines as quickly as possible. Otherwise just keep practicing, those last few stages are pretty tough.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Zone meter is one of the best new mechanics in a Tetris game in a really long time, and I wish it was available in more modes.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

They're doing a weekly event in Effect modes, go unlock some new music.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I took a break from the game for a few days and went back to it and it was even better than I remembered, like it had wormed it's way further into my brain. It's really good.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I’m away from my PS4 for Thanksgiving so I have iPhone Tetris and it sucks rear end.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

an actual dog posted:

I took a break from the game for a few days and went back to it and it was even better than I remembered, like it had wormed it's way further into my brain. It's really good.
It's insanely good.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I’m away from my PS4 for Thanksgiving so I have iPhone Tetris and it sucks rear end.
https://twitter.com/emojitetra/status/1064378392106029057

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

lol cool

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
this game is fun and good.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The lock delay is too long and i dont loke the stupid spinny system that lasts forever either

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Welp, time to dump this thread in the trash, boys.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

The lock delay is too long and i dont loke the stupid spinny system that lasts forever either

this is every tetris game since Worlds except for tgm

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Welp, time to dump this thread in the trash, boys.

Its still pretty good. The game i mean. Can't really say about the thread

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Yeah it's definitely way less fun than simply no longer being able to play because game speed becomes faster than controller response. I hate that they gave the player more input and control.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yeah it's definitely way less fun than simply no longer being able to play because game speed becomes faster than controller response. I hate that they gave the player more input and control.

Are you out of your goddamn gourd

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Are you out of your goddamn gourd
I think the post is pretty straightforward.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think you mean because the game becomes faster than your capable of processing and reacting to it, bro. Have you seen a drat tetris god play??

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Wormskull posted:

I think you mean because the game becomes faster than your capable of processing and reacting to it, bro. Have you seen a drat tetris god play??
I haven't, I've just played a lot of NES Tetris and I like the mechanics changes.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
It sucks they cant literally make a tgm mode because arika and tetris patent bullshit and srs guidelines

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
there are far better ways to give more control to the player than let them move and rotate the piece jnfinitely

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Wait can you delay lock infinitely? Or just an obnociously long time

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

I think the post is pretty straightforward.

I dont mean the game should start at like tetris grandmaster 20 gravity or somethingg. And the weirdly slow lock delay before the piece sets affects me mostly at the slower speeds when I think i piece should be in place but the I bump it. The sponny spins are whatever it was like that in tetris ds too and i liked that a lot.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
in modern games typically its either unlimited or the limit is very generous.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I dont mean the game should start at like tetris grandmaster 20 gravity or somethingg. And the weirdly slow lock delay before the piece sets affects me mostly at the slower speeds when I think i piece should be in place but the I bump it. The sponny spins are whatever it was like that in tetris ds too and i liked that a lot.
Okay, I do see what you mean about the lock delay. I was conflating it with being able to delay by rotating blocks on the ground. That can be annoying.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
you can spin stuff on master mode for a good 3-4 seconds

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

The board does a little dip when the piece locks and that helps me get the tempo

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I spin blocks for an eternity once they hit the ground and they still end up hosed because I am flaming garbage at Tetris.

Doing the T spins is satisfying as hell tho

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wait til you see what me and el pluterino ( no I am NOT into the whole brevity thing) have been calling t spins on imp.zone

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i cleared normal mode its pretty easy. the game looks nice but imo non of the music is as good as lumines altho i do like a couple tracks quite a bit llike most of the underwater stages had some good tunes. some of the backgrounds are cool. its good but is it 40 dollars good idk

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

mycophobia posted:

in modern games typically its either unlimited or the limit is very generous.
Wrong bitch. Maybe step out of that MAME cabinet you've been living in.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

American McGay posted:

it is very generous. the lock delay on hard mode feels quite a bit shorter tho. but you can still rotate in place for quite awhile

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
If its as visually crazy as child of eden im in but it surely cant be else itd distrsct from tetris

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

most of the particle effects and poo poo happen around the tetris board and not in it ya. ther's like some wavy lines and poo poo on a couple levels

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

American McGay posted:

??? so in most modern tetris games you dont get a very generous lock delay reset limit?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

mycophobia posted:

??? so in most modern tetris games you dont get a very generous lock delay reset limit?
Wow backpedal much???

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

American McGay posted:

Wow backpedal much???

are you retarded or something?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
What he fyck are you talking abiut american mcgay

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

most of the particle effects and poo poo happen around the tetris board and not in it ya. ther's like some wavy lines and poo poo on a couple levels

Hell yeah, though id be will8ng to let the game go wild enough to distract fr the board imo. Im tgat attuned to tetris...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mycophobia posted:

are you retarded or something?

Lmao

• Locked thread