Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
*kicks tires of new thread*

eh, it'll do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Budgie Jumping posted:

What on earth is there to riot about in iceland? Seal meat taxes?

lovely beer

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Franchescanado posted:

Harold & Maude is a perfect movie.

It's good, but a liiiiitle schmaltzy. I wonder how it would play if it was rescored.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Babette's Feast is what first comes to mind when I think "perfect movie". Or The Third Man.

Yaws posted:

You know what else is a perfect movie? loving Nashville. Ain't no in CD likes the movie but me.

Also, Rocky.

Literally everyone likes Nashville :confused:

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

I'm not afraid to say it: Scandinavian humor is garbage

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

The Peccadillo posted:

Man, poor Jill Soloway. No one would have ever heard of the memoir if it didn't get loving dunked on but I'm seeing this everywhere

https://mobile.twitter.com/marrowing/status/1060326206120198144

This is great.

Coaaab posted:

For some more subtext, Soloway is dating Hannah Gadsby, and the writer of that hitpiece is firmly in the anti-Nanette camp.

This is also great. Boy howdy did I dislike Nanette.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

emptyquoting your own post is an alpha move

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

nightmares build character

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

What's "PC" about a man giving birth?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Does lolita fashion have all that much to do with Nabokov's book? The etymology is Japanese and it seems to have more to do with Victorian dollhouse aesthetics.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Timby posted:

Neither is the sequel. About the only bright spot is Cher, at least from what I saw during a chemo session.

They make you watch Mama Mia during chemo? That's some A Clockwork Orange poo poo

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

I am so on board for the noir pokemon movie

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

The Peccadillo posted:

My mother told me to put this bouquet in some water and I have no idea what the hell I'm looking at, some kind of tree stemmed black rose

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

CPL593H posted:

Does anyone remember the name of the HBO documentary about Scientology?

Battlefield Earth

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

K. Waste posted:

What's a good "bad" movie to watch on Turkey day?

Poultrygeist

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Franchescanado posted:

There have been some unusual issues with goons over the last two weeks in other subforums. While the problems aren't within CineD, I've updated the rules post to address problems other forums are having. You might want to take a fresh look at CineD's rules so you can't say you weren't warned.

gently caress you, I will never stop talking about pirating movies!!!

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Davros1 posted:

Anyone else getting a banner in their corner of their reading "Lol, look at this dumb poo poo"?

Yes, it's annoying.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Short Round returned home and became involved in politics under his given name, Deng Xiaoping

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Finally Out Of Pee

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

that quoting line-by-line poo poo is unreadable

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

It still makes me laugh that a new subforum was created because CineD was considered impenetrably erudite and highbrow.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

"Okay, so we've got a movie forum for people who like movies...but where are the people who don't give a poo poo about movies supposed to post???"

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Is that Felicity Jones?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

I'm in the theater watching the Spiderverse credits. It was shockingly good!

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

banned from Starbucks posted:

Mallrats is prob the safest KS movie to revisit when youre no longer 13. Of all of them its the least up its own rear end.

Clerks is way more interesting.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

bushisms.txt posted:

Do we know what Solo:a star wars story was billed as? I think it wants to be a heist movie but it never actually becomes one and it just hops from plot point to point.

It's a Star Wars movie

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

feedmyleg posted:

What's a nice, charming, breezy film to watch on a lazy Friday night?

Twister (1996)

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Hand Knit posted:

So I'm in Stockholm next week and I'm looking up stuff to do, and I'm struck that there are a few tours that are some variation of "the most instagrammable places in Stockholm." It's interesting because the basic idea is one that is pretty familiar and unobjectionable: these are particularly photogenic places, possibly with the qualification that they are particularly good for taking a picture of yourself. But in framing the places as "instagrammable," a certain relation to the place is suggested. Like it's not just that this place at the foot of the lake has a nice view, but that this view is particularly valuable in the service of some particular activity. And, of course, that particular activity is understood as mediated by a certain corporate platform.

I dunno, interesting.

Anyway, anyone wanna go see Djurgarden play Farjestad on Tuesday?

Burn down some churches

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

I'm spending the day in a sex therapy seminar and everyone else here is like 80 years old

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

I thought Dredd was Versace.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Detective No. 27 posted:

A discussion board prompt for my domestic terrorism class is asking if BLM should take responsibility for members who murder cops and if those members should be considered home grown violent extremists. And the teacher posted a couple articles from Breitbart and Daily Caller to read for the prompt. gently caress me.

At least these discussion boards provide a nice way to sort out who the bootlickers in the class are.

Do you go to Liberty University or something

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Blisster posted:

I just got the original Suspirira soundtrack for my birthday, pretty rad.

I also got a "Lost Skeleton of Cadavera" poster, as well as Jodorowsky's new comic "Sons of El Topo" which is a direct sequel to El Topo! So it has been a good year!

Jodorowsky's comics are sublime. It feels like there's nothing out there quite like them, but in a completely different way than his films. In some ways he's really similar to Jack Kirby when it comes to energy and sheer storytelling momentum.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

feedmyleg posted:

If any Jodorowsky fan has more money than sense, a rare copy of his Dune storyboards are on sale.

:shepface:

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Who gives a hot gay gently caress what the screaming psychopaths say, Jesus loving Christ

don't sign your posts

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

banned from Starbucks posted:

on what issues is he considered "vaguely left"?

weed

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Sure, The Matrix is a pretty queer movie, but compared to The Gaytrix?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

CPL593H posted:

I just googled this and turns out it's a real thing.

comforting to know there's another mind out there as brilliant as mine

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

CPL593H posted:

They kind of made him look like a faces of meth version of Ron Pearlman. And while the trailer makes it seem like they captured the vibe of the comic books better than the Del Toro movie, I don't know if that will work as well. Especially since it looks like they're trying to cram a later story line into the movie that was a thing that build up over pretty much the entire course of the series. I wonder if they're going to fall into the trap trying to cram way too much poo poo in the movie. They're apparently starting with ORIGIN STORY!!!! again.

Oh and if the trailer's an indication it seems like he's just being discount Ron Pearlman.

The comics have more of a hard-boiled noir aesthetic, with a deliberate pace and Hellboy's inner monologue narrating the action. Comics Hellboy is also reserved, intelligent, and jaded. I'm not getting much of that from the trailer at all.

I do like that rendition of "Smoke on the Water", though.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Perfect casting for a comics-faithful Hellboy would actually be Michael Chiklis. He's got the experience with makeup acting too.

e: or a young Michael Ironside. Just get anyone named Michael

Mechafunkzilla fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Mar 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Make the Ghostbusters gay. But here's the twist: the ghosts are also gay