Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Coffee And Pie posted:

I’m extremely pleased with these ideas. Another qualifier is we have a massaging recliner. Maybe it’s Dr Jacques Film Therapy?

Like skeleton is in the chair vibrating the whole video? Yes please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I'LL NEVER LOG OFF

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Vargo posted:

DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK

Sup fellow fantasy footballer

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
https://twitter.com/FraserMyers/sta...ingawful.com%2F

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

If he doesn't say "I don't feel so good" to RDJ im gonna be livid.

Lmao

YOU EDITED OUT THE PART I LMAOD AT!

CelticPredator posted:

And then he gets put down

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

I only did because I didn't want to make any goons sad if their pets recently passed. :(

That's fair and very considerate of you. Now I feel bad for laughing at it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

The horror!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

I’m not gonna fully judge the movie on this, but I’d love it if more doubt footage films would really get authentic with it. If it’s set in the past, track down an old camera or something that could replicate that look.

People should do more set in the 90’s FF movies, because I can’t imagine cameras from back then would cost a whole lot.

The devils doorway takes a stab at this.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

I Before E posted:

Hell yeah I inspired a gen chat rename

Ahhhhhh my nerd rage making me want to correct youuu

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

I Before E posted:

Don't worry, I'm perfectly aware the number is more like 300 or 350

Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

I Before E posted:

I do love water, it's true

I'll assume that's a sigh of release.

E: relief, rather

Lol :bahgawd:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Pokémon is an incredibly well-designed game because it lets you get as casual or into it as you want. You can complete the game’s story, and that can be it. Or you can also do the post-game stuff, or you can complete the Pokédex, or you can do breeding and battling (which require VERY different skills from the main game), there’s a lot to the Pokémon games and it’s very well put-together.

Theyve done a lot to streamline the breeding stuff the past couple gens and it's so much better because of that. *opens spreadsheet with all my high quality pokemon breeds like some kind of lovely puppy mill owner*

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

X-Ray Pecs posted:

My girlfriend was considering getting into breeding/competitive play and it sounds wild, like in Sun/Moon specifically you need to wait for the like 40th SOS Pokémon to show up in a battle to get the really good EVs and then you need to breed it and see what it’s nature is and aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

Yeah if you have to start from scratch it can be brutal. If she still wants to theres a pokemon trading thread on sa and they are super friendly with setting people up with good breeding parents. Then it's just using items like destiny knot and everstone to pass on stuff you want the parents to pass on to the babies

E: the whole "babies inherit the same type pokeball as the parents" thing is crazy, but I'm not surprised people spend time doing that.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Detective No. 27 posted:

My favorite gen is Gen 5. (Black and White.) It was the peak of the 2D era, with the fastest battles, and a whole brand new 150 Pokemon. You don't see any old Pokemon until you beat the game. Not even Pikachu. It was pretty bold. It has a robust post-game too.

Sadly, it doesn't get much respect these days.

Yeah BnW was cool. My fav is platinum tho. I loved Sinnoh and meeting the God Pokemon

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Remember Pokémon snap

The singing jigglypuffs :3

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

X-Ray Pecs posted:

I’m also getting the Pikachu version, and my girlfriend’s getting the Eevee version, and we’ve basically slotted our this whole weekend for Pokémon.

Is this actually going to be part of the main series of games? I know it ties into the mobile game a bit so I was hoping it wasnt gunna be part of the core titles. Is pokemon bank usable with it?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Imma have a baby girl y'all. Pretty loving excited.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Thanks everyone, wife immediately made us go clothes shopping lol.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Baron von Eevl posted:

Eyyy. My daughter's gonna be 2 in a couple months. The first couple months were probably the most emotionally and physically demanding part of my life, but it really starts paying off once she's sleeping better and able to like see you and smile because that makes her happy.

I cant wait for these moments, but I am loving terrified of everything else.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The Jon Bois and Felix youtube series about mma is real dope yall.

I'm not even a mma fan

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

axelblaze posted:

Why would it matter? I'm pretty sure cops can use smelling alcohol as probable cause even though it's legal, so why would weed be any different?

The whole "smell counts as probable cause" is super bullshit tho

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Cannabis Cures here to light it up for the team.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Jenny Agutter posted:

Just get a Chromecast. A fire TV stick is cheaper on sale but don't count on YouTube being available

U can install firefox on a firestick n get youtube that way.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Jenny Agutter posted:

Do you have to navigate with the little remote? That sounds even worse than built in tv apps

Yeah it's pretty dumb. I usually pull it up on my phone to get it into the history than go straight to that page on my fire tv to watch it.

You can also access reddit streams for live sports through the firefox app. Lol

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

I Before E posted:

Hellevator, surely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8irY611g-E

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Baron von Eevl posted:

I liked his Shape Of Water review where he thought the lead was mentally handicapped, thought Benicio Del Toro directed it, and also spelled Benicio Del Toro wrong.

Lmao that's awesome

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

The Cameo posted:

Basically people walked in expecting Stephen King they got William S. Burroughs.

I'm trying to think of what a Nova Trilogy would like filmed now.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

McCloud posted:

Well from the man himself:

Q. Did you ever find yourself having to reign him in at all, because he’s quite crazy really?
Zack Snyder: He is a bit of a psycho but that’s consistent with the way Frank sees him. He’s not a guy you want to be friends with. In a normal movie the audience is supposed to see the hero and say: “That’s me! I’m fighting!” But I really tried from the beginning of this movie to say: “You’re not the Spartans. They throw their kids off a cliff. They beat them. Their morality is completely insane…” It was also part of the fun of making it – to suck you in and make you think you’re a Spartan and then showing you something they do that’s completely morally the opposite to what you’d do as a modern person.

Would you say this is more mythology than history here?

ZS: Absolutely, I’d say 300 is a movie that is made from the Spartan perspective. Not just from the Spartan perspective, the cameras are the Spartans, but it’s the Spartans sensibility of the Battle of Thermopylae. If you had Spartans sitting around a fire and they were telling you, before anything was written down, what happened at Thermopylae, this is the way they would tell it. It’s not necessarily down to the fact that they don’t have armor on. Everything about it is just to make the Spartans more heroic.

Over your career, do you feel critics have been fair to you?

Zack Snyder: I don’t know. You know, it’s a funny thing that you should bring it up. I always feel like — and I always believe the movies I’ve made are smarter than the way they are perceived by sort of mass culture and by the critics. We set out to make smarter movies than what they’re perceived to be, do you know what I mean?

Deborah Snyder: I think it has to do, in a way, because I’ve thought about it, and I think some of it maybe is that if they have a visual style — if they’re from a graphic novel, if they happen to be genre — I think people sometimes don’t want to look to see if there’s a deeper meaning. To see if there’s symbolism, to see if there’s other things going on. It’s easier to dismiss it and say, “Oh, it looks like a video game.”

Zack Snyder: And, also, “It looks like a video game.” Well, maybe it’s supposed to look like a video game.

“If I was Paul Verhoeven, and I had made this movie, I probably would have won the fricking festival with it,” he laughs. “Because everyone would be like, ‘Oh my God, it’s genius.'”

I stole the above quotes from various interviews. at its most basic level 300 is a story being told by a Spartan to other greeks to rally support for a war. He glorifies a society that practices eugenics and child abuse, vilifies people against wars as traitors bribed by the enemy, murders messengers and depicts the opposing army as malformed monsters and homosexuals. It's so over the top that for me it's obvious that it's not meant to be taken at face value.

Snyder outright says you're not supposed to relate with the spartans and rhst the narrator is bullshitting. The movie is from their POV, but these guys are kind of assholes. I mean they throw babies off cliffs, it doesn't get more obvious you shouldn't cheer for these guys.

It is however very true that Snyder ferishizes violent action. Explosions, gore and the celebration of powerful men and women alike. Although his action scenes usually have some asterisk (collateral damage in MoS, and BvS, sexism in Sucker Punch, peopaganda in 300) you can tell he thinks violence is cool and awesome, and in 300 this gets interpreted as fascist overtones.

Can u link me this interview?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Grats Timby!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Timby posted:

My boss just told me to work from home because we're supposed to get a foot or so of snow between now and 6 a.m. tomorrow, and my girlfriend is buying me dinner on Wednesday.

... when the hell did my life get good?

I'm happy things are going your way duder. You deserve it

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Gotta see my baby girl in 3D today!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
The Justice League thread was the Snyder News Thread for a while but people love to bring him up everywhere around here so a quarantine is futile.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

TrixRabbi posted:

Ok, I've got an OP drafted for a Snyder thread if Franchescanado gives it a green light. I won't post until then.

Lol

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

I’d be interested to see how long an actual Snyder discussion could last when it isn’t under the frame of “and that’s why liking Marvel movies makes you an idiot, peon” or irritating rhetorical questions.

because no ones elaborated on why they like his movies ever?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CPL593H posted:

Zack Snyder movies are so milquetoast that I'm still surprised that anyone has a strong opinion about them either way. Other than nerds ranting on the internet I never hear any one ever mention a single one of those movies. They come out, some people see them and then they disappear forever except in the cacophony of internet comment sections.

Even as a big fan of MoS and BvS I'm pretty surprised how often people bring him up in non comic movie threads.

Of course these days on CineD its usually done by the same posters needling the same posters of opposite opinions.

E: once his new zombie movie comes out not even the horror thread will be safe! (The dawn remake doesnt come up a ton)

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It's because any discussion whatsoever of any movies gets cannibalized and regurgitated and that's all there is to it.

Thats a good point

*puffs matthew mcconaughey branded cigar* time is a flat circle, buy a lexus

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

axelblaze posted:

Short of the Day
Do No Harm

https://vimeo.com/294245457
Warning: Pretty god damned violent

OK I know I post shorts in here and then almost none of you watch them except K Waste and sometimes Fran but I will loving hate all of you forever if you don't watch this short. This is one of the dopest shorts I ever did see at Sundance and I've been looking for at least two years to watch it. Please please please I implore you to just take 12 minutes out of your day and watch this short because it is rad as all gently caress.

Also this is the director that was just announced to be making a WWII Horror movie starring Chloë Grace Moretz that is also unfortunetly written by Max Landis but this short makes me think it will be awesome despite that

WATCH THIS SHORT DAMNIT!!!

Was dope, thanks for sharing

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
https://twitter.com/zei_nabq/status...ingawful.com%2F

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

I got lucky, my office is just bog standard centrist Oklahoma Democrats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
If you like nerdy sports stuff heres an hour long quest for the saddest punt ever in the NFL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9H9LwGmc-0