Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Folks, it's friday again, and that means it's time to abstain from drinking all weekend. That's right your boy hell yeah is on another streak of almost a month of not one single sip of alcohol, and i feel great. I'm planning to not drink this weekend and enjoy other activities like hanging out with my friends and chilling with my nieces and nephews.

Please enjoy posting in this thread if:
-you've never drank before
-you're currently sober
-you drink but you want to stop drinking

good luck!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I cut back for a while but I知 thinking of getting off the wagon.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I'm gonna abstain for at least 2 or 3 more hours if that helps.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I am currently sober but I'd rather not be.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

thanks for firstposting my thread kuato :jackbud: :jackbud: <---me and kuato

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
good luck op

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Never post drunk.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Burt Sexual posted:

Never post drunk.

This can be easily done by not drinking.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
posting here because i can't be trusted with booze anymore

hooray!

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Currently sober. The wife is working late. Rented tomb raider from red box. Future sober outlook: not good.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
hooking up a breathalyzer to my computer to comply with forums rules

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Today is my birthday so while it might be in my overall best interest to not drink (or at least cut back), unfortunately the circumstances compel me to do otherwise. Witness me, goons.

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
Wow might as well quit sex or fun or church too!!!

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

I'm sober today but hope to get a few beers in tomorrow. Cutting back, tho.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

Today is my birthday so while it might be in my overall best interest to not drink (or at least cut back), unfortunately the circumstances compel me to do otherwise. Witness me, goons.

imagine starting the next year of your life by NOT drinking. you would feel like such a badass. think about it

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

its all nice on rice posted:

Rented tomb raider from red box.

this is the recipe for a relapse

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Mozi posted:

posting here because i can't be trusted with booze anymore

hooray!

great job not drinking tho!

DISCO KING posted:

Wow might as well quit sex or fun or church too!!!

abstaining from drinking alcohol isn't for everyone. just total badasses like me who don't need to lean on a crutch like alcohol in order to navigate the brutality of life.

barbecue at the folks posted:

Cutting back, tho.

good luck to you

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

and also luvcow welcome to the thread

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Drinking made me feel more depressed so I stopped doing that.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Hell Yeah posted:

this is the recipe for a relapse

Relapse? I had some drinks last night at trivia!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Op, quit smokin up too?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

someone get this man some help

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

walgreen's has barefoot wines at 2 for :10bux:

it's like wine for a bum who lives under a really swank overpass

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Hell Yeah posted:

and also luvcow welcome to the thread

thanks man, thinking about trying to not go out to the liquor store

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Burt Sexual posted:

Op, quit smokin up too?

lol of course not. but in my opinion alcohol is 10x worse for your body than weed, which is why i am encouraging others to abstain from it.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Luvcow posted:

thanks man, thinking about trying to not go out to the liquor store

well you are more than welcome to post in the thread. do you have people around you right now in real life that can hang with you?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Hell Yeah posted:

great job not drinking tho!

thanks, i mean at least i have my other vices

none of which ever made me feel as terrible or do such stupid things as booze though

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

big nipples big life posted:

walgreen's has barefoot wines at 2 for :10bux:

it's like wine for a bum who lives under a really swank overpass

buying wine from walgreen's? i didn't know all our moms posted here.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I知 gonna crack a beer now op. I値l only have one or two.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Hell Yeah posted:

well you are more than welcome to post in the thread. do you have people around you right now in real life that can hang with you?

oh yeah i'm good with that, i'm not that far down the poo poo hole yet, just need to cut back some because summer is heavy drinking season here in new england and can easily bleed over into fall and winter if you're not careful

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

WaryWarren posted:

buying wine from walgreen's? i didn't know all our moms posted here.

I mean I could make 2 stops but if i'm gonna buy lovely wine why would I go to the liquor store?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Burt Sexual posted:

I知 gonna crack a beer now op. I値l only have one or two.

sounds good burt

Luvcow posted:

oh yeah i'm good with that, i'm not that far down the poo poo hole yet, just need to cut back some because summer is heavy drinking season here in new england and can easily bleed over into fall and winter if you're not careful

yeah winter drinking is nice because you can just stay in nd be warm and get drunk. it's a very comfy life. but god drat drinking fucks my body up. i'm in my 30s and a couple years ago had a period of hard drinking for about 6 months, i gained like 30 lbs and my health got kind of lovely. since then i've lost most of the weight and i'm probably healthier than i've been for several years. i still drink occasionally but it's been maybe six months since i've drank a significant amount. i'll have like 2 beers less than once a week.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Hell Yeah posted:

sounds good burt

yeah winter drinking is nice because you can just stay in nd be warm and get drunk. it's a very comfy life. but god drat drinking fucks my body up. i'm in my 30s and a couple years ago had a period of hard drinking for about 6 months, i gained like 30 lbs and my health got kind of lovely. since then i've lost most of the weight and i'm probably healthier than i've been for several years. i still drink occasionally but it's been maybe six months since i've drank a significant amount. i'll have like 2 beers less than once a week.

yeah early 40s here and a few drinks i can deal with but nights where it more can be brutal. had a friend stay at the house a few months ago and it was a week of sitting out by the fire pit with various visiting people who hadn't seen each other in years and every night ended around 2-3am and drat if that wasn't my least productive week in a long time, also just felt like poo poo for a while afterwards.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

Hell Yeah posted:

Folks, it's friday again, and that means it's time to abstain from drinking all weekend. That's right your boy hell yeah is on another streak of almost a month of not one single sip of alcohol, and i feel great. I'm planning to not drink this weekend and enjoy other activities like hanging out with my friends and chilling with my nieces and nephews.

Please enjoy posting in this thread if:
-you've never drank before
-you're currently sober
-you drink but you want to stop drinking

good luck!

Bad username/post combo

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Every year I take an entire month off. Idk what that does, but makes me feel better tat I can stop I guess.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Burt Sexual posted:

Every year I take an entire month off. Idk what that does, but makes me feel better tat I can stop I guess.

i like this idea very much

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
If I drink I split a 6 pack of a fruity drink with my gf. And that痴 maybe 2-3 times a month. Drinking is too expensive imo

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i dont think i have a problem with how much it costs. just makes me feel like poo poo and unhealthy. and i've noticed it's not just when i get real drunk, even having a couple beers makes me feel like trash. it's poison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Whale
Nov 6, 2014
When people get drunk or too high they're literally disgusting to me. Reminds me of people with brain issues from terminal cancer but willingly.

I'll never get it.

Gj not being a moron OP

• Locked thread