Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
xdirtypinkox
Aug 12, 2004

And it gets easier as I pass the Edward Scissorhands village where privileged white kids date rape girls and taunt me in their SUV's.
Longtime alcoholic checking in, I was recently diagnosed with Bi-Polar Depression and the Lithium I am prescribed doesn't play well with all that boozin' apparently. It's been a fun/interesting 14 years of socialization and normalcy. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
Drinking because work told me to

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

No drinks tonight just had fun playing a shitton of video games :cheers:

I think it's nice for my partner to no longer come home and find me asleep on the floor

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I'm pretty drunk. Home alone why not?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Sober solo Netflix & chill sesh

Incoming is a garbage film btw

Colonel Cancer fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Nov 17, 2018

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Listened to an audiobook in bed and caught up on sleep. I needed that and now I feel good.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

i just drank a six of elephant gently caress off and sick my dick

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I went 6 months without a drink. Then on Halloween I went to a pagan festival and had a couple drinks and it just wasn't as fun as I remembered. Smoking weed is a lot more fun IMO. Makes my thought process bizarre and eccentric and I never really know what kind of situation I'll end up in. With alcohol its the same old thing. I know my senses will be dull and I'll get powerful anxiety the next day.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Lifelong and third-generation teetotaler checking in (not Mormon I promise). Wish I could tell you the secret, but it really seemed genetic once I learned there are another half-dozen other people on the neverdrinking side of the family who have always abstained too.

It is O.K. though, I paid a terrible price for this life: a woman named Deja once told me after a very promising first conversation that she was no longer interested in a relationship once she found out I was unwilling to "alter consciousness" :smith:

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. Quarex posted:

Lifelong and third-generation teetotaler checking in (not Mormon I promise). Wish I could tell you the secret, but it really seemed genetic once I learned there are another half-dozen other people on the neverdrinking side of the family who have always abstained too.

It is O.K. though, I paid a terrible price for this life: a woman named Deja once told me after a very promising first conversation that she was no longer interested in a relationship once she found out I was unwilling to "alter consciousness" :smith:

as far as altering consciousness goes, alcohol is #1 at first, then it's the absolute worst.

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Peter Daou Bundy posted:

as far as altering consciousness goes, alcohol is #1 at first, then it's the absolute worst.

I never thought I'd agree with PDB on something, but he's totally goddamn right here. Alcohol is the loving worst.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I miss drunk dreams. They felt like vision quests. Now I get too drunk to even dream :smith:

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Still sober!!!

Macasaurus
Oct 12, 2012

coronatae posted:

I miss drunk dreams. They felt like vision quests. Now I get too drunk to even dream :smith:

Last few times I've gone a month or two without any drinking I'd have violent nightmares, it supposedly stops after a while but I've never made it that far.

https://tonic.vice.com/en_us/article/535zg5/going-sober-for-a-month-gave-me-nightmares

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Yeah I was hangin with my toddler and my dad tonight. My dad just kept having me dig bud lights out of an ice filled cooler for him lol. My mouth was watering for a second or two but I stayed strong.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

coronatae posted:

Yeah I don't dream as much when I drink a lot. My normal non-drinking night has super vivid and sometimes lucid dreams, terrible nightmares, or just crazy amazing dreams where I can fly and stuff. That's a normal night.

When I drink it deadens all of that. Obviously it fucks up your sleep cycle and doesn't allow you to get "good" sleep but it also steals my dreams. Good or terrifying, I still love dreaming.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

keep on truckin

naem
May 29, 2011

I drank three rather than two alcoholic beverages yesterday and felt like complete rear end all day today, until about an hour ago.

going to go ahead and not drink alcolholoc bevrages again now

epsilon
Oct 31, 2001

Checking in on this. Never thought I’d be here. Made an absolute rear end of myself the past ten years. Just moved BACK across the country again and my parents saw that nothing had changed.

Gonna do this for my 2 year old nephew and my new, really wonderful and supportive girlfriend. I’m on day 5. There are TWO meetings a day, EVERY DAY here. I had no idea how many people were dealing with this. I haven’t gone to one yet. Really scared.

Had very very strong withdrawals as I put down everything all at once. God that was hell. Thank god my mother loves me. Thank god. I’m out of the weeds and just need to fill my day. Boredom gets me every single time.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

epsilon posted:

Thank god. I’m out of the weeds and just need to fill my day. Boredom gets me every single time.

Wack that hog till it burns!!

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Shoutout to peeps who abstain today. I won't, but I will try to not be an idiot.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Waitwaitwait is this abstaining thing spilling into thursdays now? gently caress!

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

Just 'cause it's a holiday for some of us. I hope the rest of my family also behaves this year

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

Today was hard

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

ij made it through without drinking. cooked the whole spread too and i fucken nailed it.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SirShakes
Jul 13, 2012

ISSAPEEPO
Had a little less than a glass of a sour my sister brought from Colorado. I plan to be done for the weekend and feel good about it.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Coleoptera posted:

Since I’ve stopped drinking, whenever my husband and I are out with friends, if we don’t order drinks then they don’t either. I don’t know if it’s because they feel weird if they drink and we don’t or if they don’t drink unless everybody does. My husband never drank at all and that didn’t stop them. I kinda want to tell them it’s ok if they do. I didn’t stop drinking because I did it very often. I quit because on the occasions I did, I drank way too much.

But currently not drinking tonight and cheering others in this thread who are trying. Even if you take tumble off the wagon, it’s ok, just get back on and try to go longer next time. Don’t let it make you think you can’t do it and give up. It’s just liquid in a container. It can’t own you.

They probably feel good about being supportive in a small way you should let them have it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Salt Fish posted:

They probably feel good about being supportive in a small way you should let them have it.

• Locked thread