Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I need to figure out how to grenade poo poo

:greencube:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
this is a pain in the rear end, i'm having a real hard time getting it to upload.

post the results without the vid and edit it in later??

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gMNMWPZmvQ
https://i.imgur.com/OBGk7Yr.gifv
warehouse seven, government
S1: Junk, Big Beef City, William Henry Hairytaint, Who What Now
S2: Luvcow, Statutory Ape, Fart Puzzle, Underwhelmed

This one took an unusual amount of time to load the map and deploy our guys. Dunno what that's about. poo poo I forgot to send Hell Yeah and test out the sword. Goddamn it.

Things started out fine, and our psi squad really shone in the beginning by freaking out the aliens and making them panic and pass out. Tide turned when there was a fuckin onslaught of energy beams, seriously a practically unending wave of aliens came storming out and we got a lot of wounds and had to back off. They shot brainsuckers at the retreating guys. Big Beef City was able to escape by juking around the brainsuckers. None of the other retreating guys made it.

Junk killed I think Fart Puzzle by sniping the brainstem from across the map, it was pretty crazy. Somebody bled out cause I kept loving up the evac orders. (It's a pain in the rear end because the commands to "turn the gently caress around and look behind you" also cancel all orders.) That was either WWN or Fart.

Two other guys got killed from high powered doom beams. There was an insane amount of aliens, like a total fuckton. probably 19 or 20.

Luvcow tanked a popper but lived. This rolled back most of the good the mutants did in the beginning because there was a chain reaction explosion that killed the knocked out enemies. He was crawling away with the medkit and ended up with a stray disruptor beam in the leg. Junk got ambushed and murdered right after killing the brainsucked guy, but Taint got revenge.

We had a lot of critical wounds. Some guys got like 3 in a row. We destroyed a ton of poo poo in the warehouse and blew a few giant holes in the floor. A spitter killed itself because while running away it decided to jump down into the basement instead of getting pincered and it didn't survive the fall. Fuckin Taint took a huge amount of damage and was able to keep it together enough to kill for the whole mission.

Ape blew through two full mags of ammo and had to keep fighting by taking a weapon off a dead alien. Eventually we had it down to a few spitters and a pair of slugs. Underwhelmed lost his poo poo and went berserk but was able to get under control after Ape took out one of the spitters. The last spitter died by trying the leap of faith, so I had our last 3 guys -- Ape, Underwhelmed, and Taint, regroup. Taint was able to pin down the slugs and kill them, while Ape & Whelmed killed the hyperworms.

It lead to one final stand where everyone was hosed with serious damage except Ape, who fuckin killed like 6 worms by blocking the elevator doors and gunning them down as they tried to eat their way through. Ape got really hosed up from this but it ended the mission.

editing this is super lovely, I guess I really do need some other program if these high powered missions keep hapening. Having a hard time paring down the dead weight where I had it paused. I was worried it would crash and totally gently caress up so I ended up leaving poo poo and just trying to export. Trying to get it uploaded.

We got no good loot but did get a new type of alien, like the arthropod but yellow and flies.
Lemme try and scan thru and figure out who bled out and who got brainsucked and we'll go from there.

e: yeah it was Fart got brainsucked, WWN bled to death.

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 10:59 on Nov 21, 2018

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Rip

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
pre:
XCOM DEATH SCROLL
   |  Rookie             |
   |   1 day, 1 mission  |
   |   zero kills        |
   |  BRAINSUCKED &      |
   |   laid to rest by   |
   |    The Cubelodyte   |
   |                     |
   |  "Captain"          |
   |  Billy Pissboy      |
   |   1 day, 0 missions |
   |   zero kills        |
   |  VAPORIZED by       |
   |   Cultist Plasma    |
   |                     |
   |  420 Gank Mid       |
   |   2 kills, 2 downs  |
   |   4 combat flights	 |
   |  SHOT DOWN by       |
   |   Alien Shitpile    |
   |                     |
   |  Nine of Eight      |
   |   1 kill, 1 down    |
   |   2 combat flights  |
   |  SHOT DOWN by       |
   |   Alien Shitpile    |
   |                     |
   |  Penguin Salsa      |
   |   0 kills, 1 down   |
   |   2 combat flights  |
   |  SHOT DOWN by       |
   |   Alien Shitpile    |
   |                     |
   |  guns for tits      |
   |   0 kills, 1 down   |
   |   1 combat flight   |
   |  SHOT DOWN by       |
   |   Alien Shitpile    |
   |                     |   
   |  The Protagonist    |
   |   Squad Leader      |
   |   7 days, 7 missions|
   |   12 kills          |
   |  DETONATED by       |
   |   Popper attack     |
   |                     |
   | Luvcow              |
   |  Squaddie           |
   |  14 days, 9 missions|
   |  7 kills            |   
   | VAPORIZED by        |
   |  Alien disruptors   |
   |                     |
   | Fart Puzzle         |
   |  Squaddie           |
   |  12 days, 9 missions|
   |  4 kills            |
   | BRAINSUCKED &       |
   |   laid to rest by   |
   |     Junk            |
   |                     |
   | Junk                |
   |  13 days, 7 missions|
   |  7 kills            |
   | VAPORIZED by        |
   |  Alien disruptors   |
   |                     |
   | Who What Now        |
   |  9 days, 7 missions |
   |  4 kills            |
   | BLED OUT due to     |
   |  critical wounds    |
   |__    ___   __    ___|
 =(_______________________)=

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I'm prepared for the ceremonial probation much like the agents surely are.

also we're in a hemorrhaging taint & dead junk kinda situation so I guess we need a title change

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

We will lay them to rest in a few hours. F

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Maximum F.

You need to hire more dudes, am I still on the agent list?

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Hey don't worry about the bodies, boss. Just give Biology a ring after all the funerals and stuff are done and I'll send up a couple of the new orderlies I've created to retrieve them so I can give their remains the respect and dignity a hero deserves.

And don't worry about the orderlies, I'll make sure they're muzzled so there won't be any disturbances.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Did that Beef Stroganoff yesterday taste a bit off to anyone or was it just because I was wasted?

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Pour one out homies

F

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

McGiggins posted:

Maximum F.

You need to hire more dudes, am I still on the agent list?

yeah, I figure we'll hire some dudes and do the next mission but you got a couple people in front of you

Dong Quixote
Oct 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
:ghost: F :ghost:

XCom soon gonna have more ghosts than agents!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
We hire

Lobotomy Bob & CrazyLoon, from the mutant alliance. Regular human & android actually.
Lazyhound, ex diablo gangster. Mutant.
RaptorChief, ex cop. Mutant.

All the rooks and I think probably 5 more guys will do this mission. Should bring us up to ten, hopefully it'll be a better result. Also a significant amount of time is going past because it takes a minute for the new guys to check in and get equipped.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
Seems like realtime combat is faceraping the team.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
*ceases to exist*

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.
F

Was that the most lethal mission yet in this whole series?

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Strap their corpses to the front of the tank along with some Powerswords. Have to intimidate the aliens to show them we're not afraid

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

By popular demand posted:

Did that Beef Stroganoff yesterday taste a bit off to anyone or was it just because I was wasted?

We are experimenting using alien weaponry as a flash cooking option. Please go to the medbay if you have any signs of, mutations, hair falling out, mysterious voices, ED, or allergies.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Ah well - I guess if I can't do :catdrugs: then at least :roboluv: is more likely to up my initial survival chances than not, given this last mission. I forgot just how completely insane they got and man...massive Fing over here for the fallen...

Ready to kill some alien scum in revenge tho!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

ChaseSP posted:

Please go to the medbay if you have any signs of, mutations, hair falling out, mysterious voices, ED, or allergies.

Out of the usual you mean?

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
dear lord what are you doing to our combat teams

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Who's idea was it to call today's lunch special the "Hamburger Hill" !?
Moral is low enough as it is!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

The Protagonist posted:

F

Was that the most lethal mission yet in this whole series?

This run yeah, probably worse than the times we lost ships. Nobody got outta this last mission clean

Fart Puzzle
Jul 25, 2007

compressed fart pieces

Oh fuckin way to go you got me brainsucked, great, and my brain was super good so you super hosed up!

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i'm still alive and i have a sword.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Fart Puzzle posted:

Oh fuckin way to go you got me brainsucked, great, and my brain was super good so you super hosed up!

It was a pretty good brain, and super spooky because you started using psi against our own guys. Luckily you had your guts hanging out and a few more shots put and end to it.

I'm gonna go ahead and slot in Hell Yeah even though HY is a top tier alien killer. Wanna see how that sword swings.

Also trying out plays instead of screen to gif, maybe it'll work better for these super long cuts. Somehow it seems to be detecting Apocalypse pretty well and this is blowing my mind. The fuckin UI is really hard to wrestle with tho.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Lobotomy Bob, Hell Yeah, MrQwerty, The Cubelodyte, CrazyLoon, Lazyhound, Blade Runner, Gridlocked, RaptorChief, Don't Touch ME

yeah I gotta figure out the ui better and figure out how to export clips as separate files, but here's what happened:
https://plays.tv/s/LzOyZ7N_78V8
CrazyLoon got pegged right off the bat with a power weapon. I mean this dude shows up first day ready to roll and walks around the corner to a brutal gutshot. I tried to have Hell Yeah take out a popper with the sword but the reactions were too lovely or something and it popped before the swipe got in. Other than that pretty decent mission.

I can only assume this one was so much easier because most of the aliens escaped while our guys tried to figure out how to make mapquest work. The pathfinding for road vehicles can be suboptimal.

also, yeah a lot of our other guys got minimal wounds that should be patched up before the next mission so i'm not too worried. Loon & Hell are gonna be out for a while.

e: having more trouble with the uploads, if I can get it to work i'll edit it in. :/

e2: maybe I should find a non-imgur host

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 11:03 on Nov 22, 2018

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
you know what gently caress plays, I can add clips to the timeline, but how the gently caress do I split clips? I want like 5 much shorter ones instead of 2 long as gently caress ones no wonder the goddamn thing isn't uploading it's like 12 minutes long

e: i'm gonna turn off all notifications and set the bookmark to pause, that way I can just slam pause and do my plans and then when I unpause I can have a set of marks I can use to insert new clips I guess.

e2: alright what the gently caress ever, I was able to upload using a different browser. Lost the drive there tho it was kind of a 3 stooges deal where the cars couldn't figure out how to get to the fcukin mission. Shot up some cult cars tho.

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Nov 22, 2018

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

SniperWoreConverse posted:

you know what gently caress plays, I can add clips to the timeline, but how the gently caress do I split clips? I want like 5 much shorter ones instead of 2 long as gently caress ones no wonder the goddamn thing isn't uploading it's like 12 minutes long

e: i'm gonna turn off all notifications and set the bookmark to pause, that way I can just slam pause and do my plans and then when I unpause I can have a set of marks I can use to insert new clips I guess.

Try obs to record and then find some free video editing thingamabob to cut, edit and split into gifs.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
yeah it's getting to be a huge loving pain in the rear end. The upload is a lie it keeps stalling out at 77%

E: I uploaded it to plays because I don't have anything better, and i'm riled right the gently caress up that I can't figure out how to embed it into the actual post

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Nov 22, 2018

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
anyway I sped up time

pick TWO research projects:
  1. Multiworm Egg Autopsy
  2. Hyperworm Autopsy
  3. Hyperworm
  4. Anthropod Autopsy
  5. Anthropod
  6. Spitter
  7. Popper Autopsy
  8. Skeletoid Autopsy: A humanoid alien with an exoskeleton sctructure
  9. Biological Warfare (9%)

Also poo poo is getting infested again

Pick an investigation target:
  1. Psyke
  2. Government
  3. nobody ⏩

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

The gangs hate us right? That means that the very concept of collateral damage doesn't matter!
:blastu::supaburn:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
poo poo lets double check:

only the cult hates us, psyke and transtellar shipping dislike us. We have no friends but the Gov & Megapol are allies.

Also I think I broke the game because we need to hire biologists bad but none are available, yet we have insane reams of thousands of guys available for everything else.

e: that was an exaggeration but there's 5+ available for every other job
e2: also you can double up on a biology project you don't need to literally pick two different ones

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Nov 22, 2018

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:downsgun:
Still go for Psyke , the infection must be contained.

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY VERY STRONG OPINIONS

Hi! Last thread here, don't see my insides being melted by plasma yet! Can I please be given grenades and sent to glory yet?

EDIT: I really, really, like grenades. They're good. Really good. And duh, Psyche screw those jerks.

Vanadium Dame fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Nov 22, 2018

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Plasma melted innards you say? Just wait until taco tuesday.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Ah well. I guess I'm glad to hear that I follow the school of taint in becoming insanely injured so others don't have to.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Nov 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Markoff Chaney posted:

Hi! Last thread here, don't see my insides being melted by plasma yet! Can I please be given grenades and sent to glory yet?

EDIT: I really, really, like grenades. They're good. Really good. And duh, Psyche screw those jerks.

On the list bud. As the bases expand i'll fill out the roster the rest of the way and start rotating the missions better. We have a lot of expensive guys so somebody's gonna have to start robbing again soon.

I dunno what the deal is with biology recruits, but if we don't start getting them i'll just change the save so that some other nerds who are available for hire get their jobs and stats changed and we'll hire the no-names. It doesn't make sense. On the flip side I think I know how to resurrect the dead.

ps this is merely an investigation sir we are not going to actively rob a gang unless the thread votes for it

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Nov 22, 2018