Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discernibly Turgid
Mar 30, 2010

This was not the improvement I was asking for!

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Still got the saves. Did any heroes of earth get banned during the forums turmoil?

Good question! Statistically speaking, most. On the other hand, Jeffrey mentioned undoing bans from that unfortunate epoch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Heroes of earth is there interest in rebooting this thread but For Real This Time?

my main concern is the research jobs are going to be insanely safe unless the base gets attacked, in which case the likelyhood of surviving is loving LOW. it'd be cool to have goons sign up to be physicists or w/e but it's an insanely boring job that doesnt barely get any screentime.

If i do this it's going to be the absoulte hardest level of difficulty, with zero reloads, hardcore ultra iron man. Also unlike the last time there's no MVP goons who would get bonus forums upgrade from me, part of my reason of doing that is that Lowtax lied about the forums' imminent demise. The rules are simple: if a player dies, they get 6 hours probation. For every death I also get a hot six.

Probably i would do less loving around trying to figure out how to recruit aliens and doing weird hacks like that, tbh.

What you think?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

:sicknasty: hope players are down.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I’m still down for this. Barely got to murder anyone last time.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Yes please I would like to be one of are brave troops defending erf (note: I know will smith enunciated the word properly)

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

You're not allowed to crumble unless I say so.
I’ll do my part as an Engineer making new toys.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
holy poo poo valley you have an incredibly fine beast for an av now!

tragically in Xcom the situation is so bad that enunciation doesn't mean fuckin poo poo. Enunciation is it's own stat beyond "shooting gun" and "detonating grenade."

E: alright i'll see if i can get this thread poo poo rigged enough to work

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Put me in coach
I would like to be a reckless Canadian melee range combatant

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

I still wish to blow poo poo up for humanity.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
I am willing to coalesce into a physical form for the purpose of killing some aliens.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

My rear end may be pumped full of whiskey and space drugs, but I'm not stupid

i'm in as a driver/pilot again

Draadnagel
Jul 16, 2011

..zoekend naar draadnagels bij laag tij.
I still haven't gone done in a massive explosion, so count me in. Any more suicide missions lined up?

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

I’m ready to die for the RNG. I’d like a machine gun to start, the other starter weapons are either too weak (sniper laser), too cumbersome (autocannon ap), or too likely to blow up myself or a teammate (autocannon HE). Stun grenades are always good too.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 24 hours!
I don't have it in me to defend humanity, if you get some rando civilian caught in the crossfire just kindly refer to him as Boris P. Dentata.
:gibs:

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

Me too.

But to be fair, I was one of those scientists/engineers, and I still managed to get shot in the head and survive.

Edit: Me too, as in I'm ready for some combat!

SecretOfSteel fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Feb 20, 2021

Sick Ness Monster
Dec 25, 2016
Good to have you back, commander! I'm ready to kill and hopefully not be killed embarrassingly quickly for my planet.

Discernibly Turgid
Mar 30, 2010

This was not the improvement I was asking for!
I want in. If I can get my boogerhooks on that (seemingly) cursed, wild-rear end sword so that a brain sucker can make me look even more ridiculous than I already am by floating onto my head while I flail helplessly like the doomed sack of meat and regret that I am, that would be exceptionally fantastic.

Welcome back, dude.

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Sign me up as cannon fodder buddy!

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.
Once more into the breach

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
oh man i was drunk as poo poo when i posted this

alright more people have already signed up to die than Xcom gets as employees, so instead of honoring our troops and vets here you need to sign up in the new thread.

duh here's the link: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3959748

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Feb 20, 2021