Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
Please put me in as a human agent again. Maybe this time I won’t be killed by your overweening hubris and slipshod tactics. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Jesus, thanks Luv. Beer's on me.

Is Civic Project next to the other two Psyke slums? If so let's roll out there.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Wow, seven kills, and one against a brainsucker. Neat! I AM AVENGED.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

evilmiera posted:

why did that one bridge just up and explode as you drove on it?

We were shooting at something (cultists, I think) and sprayed so many missiles around the landscape that we brought the roadway down on top of us.

I think we should sell most of the drugs. Last time we started running really low on ammo and that puts severe crimps in our plans to murder the gently caress out of anything not from Earth.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What's our grenade stock look like? Don't forget to load us up, chief.

Do we actually get anything from recovered unmanned UFOs we've already researched, or are they just big paperweights?

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Brain sucker autopsy.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Brainsucker autopsy. Don't really care about which Psyke building gets investigated.

IIRC I'm on the disabled list. How long am I out for, coach?

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Still plumping for the brainsucker autopsy.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Brainsucker autopsy and Civic Project.

Weird that they're going so consistently for Pskye.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Brainsucker autopsy.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

HBar posted:

Do helmets also give partial protection against getting brainsucked? I'd always been playing under the assumption that they do but idk if it's in the actual game mechanics.

I wanna say it does provide some resistance to the suck, but I'm not certain. Been a loooong time since I played this game myself.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

1337JiveTurkey posted:

I want plain old Brainsuckers to get us closer to The Real Alien Threat and because I've never heard of the other.

Seconding this, though I’m intrigued by the epigenetics.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
At 0:35 of the UFO interception clip it looks like we downed one of the fuckers. Shouldn't we be trying to scoop that up?

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Seems like realtime combat is faceraping the team.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Seconding light disruptor beam.

Perhaps drop back to turn-based combat to finesse necessary captures of live specimens?

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I still think you should drop back to turn-based when trying to capture aliens.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
God drat it. :arghfist::ghost:

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
:ghost: If we're not going to buy our way back into Transtellar's good graces then we might want to consider hiring an agent to be the errand boy, fetching all our crap. Or do we actually have to send agents? Do we just send vehicles to suppliers to pick stuff up instead?

Don't be neglecting our supply chain, is what I'm saying. Can't fill aliens full of lead if we haven't got the lead to throw at them.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The personal energy shield is pretty legit IIRC and I think it will really help the weakling brainwave casters stay alive in combat.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
:ghost: Raid Psyke. If we declare another block war there's gonna be tons of collateral damage and we probably have a good chance of something really stupid and bad happening like a stray missile barrage taking out a MarSec building.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
:ghost: I don’t think agents can do any damage to buildings while in raids that affects the cityscape in any way but I would hazard a guess that blowing poo poo up during raid combat does affect the raided org financially.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
:ghost: yeah but we’ve seen time and again how catastrophically inaccurate cityscape combat is. I say we don’t hit enemy buildings unless they’re isolated or surrounded by the buildings of other already-hostile orgs.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
:ghost: Can’t ignore our funding spigot. Oliver Twist Block.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Personal Shield and Medium Disruptor Beam.

:ghost: Seconding this.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
:ghost: Well, gently caress. Is the weapon artifact shooty or throwy? If it’s shooty I vote for that. If it’s throwy let’s examine the popper.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
:ghost: I'm stunned that the loving Extropians would have the stones to try that. Did they think waving policy binders at us would do the job?

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
:ghost: Also I don't think it would be a good idea to go all Dresden on Extropian buildings because they're probably guaranteed to be close to Government buildings (just a guess though).

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

Investigate Osiron, flog loot.

:ghost: Also voting for this.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
:ghost: The Cult is always a lost cause. gently caress ‘em. Agreed that we have decent cause to make overtures to the MA and Solmine.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
:ghost: I'm already dead, so sure, I'm fine with equipping one of the resident noodle-arms with a shield and sending their bare asses out into combat. At least we can see if it's a valid tactic.

Does researching the UFOs actually yield any practical results?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Grimey Drawer
:arghfist::ghost: Well I’m checking in to say that i’ve died, TWICE, THANKS TO YOUR HUBRIS