Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I request to enlist in this foolish endeavour.

I also request an Autocannon loaded with explosive ammo, and as many spare rounds as I can carry. I assume it's as stupidly destructive as in the original X-COM?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SniperWoreConverse posted:

earlier in it was better, but imo it's still worth while to have at least a handful of guys with it even till the end. They have come out with some kinda thing that makes explosive a lot less effective but it's still good against packs of rear end in a top hat aliens.

E: there's some late game techs I plan on hacking into the autocannons too

*Stops in in bloodied shot-up armor that was clearly pried off an Agent's corpse in the field, the words "UH-OH" crudely stenciled on the chestplate in a mix of alien and human bodily fluids*

"Uh, yes, I am an Agent of...poo poo... what was it... uh... this fine organization? I would like to request one of the big guns with the big explody shells please. And spare ammo. All the spare ammo".

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Raid Warehouse 5. If you get a hit, you can follow up with #4 and kill two poppers with one stone.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Sorry, investigate Warehouse 5.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Vadun, in future could you please wait for a target lock and not "eyeball it" :stonk:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Buy more vehicles. Those UFO's are only going to get bigger, and we don't want to get caught short.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Maintaining logistics and supply lines are vital to any war effort, and having Transtellar keep the post coming in leaves us free to handle the important things like brutally owning the Cult of Sirius on a regular basis. We should really buy our way back into their good graces once we have some disposable income.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The mail must get through. Bribe them enough that they're only manhandling our packages and kicking them at the front door of our base from the truck rather than not delivering them at all.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Toxin-B. If we're focusing on our ground game, we need to be able to neutralize hostiles with impunity.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Hire some fresh recruits, let them use the Cult for target practice.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Could you please keep an Autocannon and some explosive ammo aside for if/when I can enlist and put the boot to some alien scum.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The Dimension Probe and The Medium Disruptor Beam. Our ground game's okay, but what we really need right now is some aerial firepower and better aircraft.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
We do this the Mega-Primus way; they hit one of our buildings, we erase the whole loving gang.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Coolguye posted:

you cannot ever truly eradicate a faction like this; the best thing you can hope for is to cause so much damage that they will be in debt (and therefore unable to do much) for the duration of the game.

Pushing civilians into massive debt and ruination by destroying their homes and means of income is still the Mega-Primus way.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Better plan; We go through their buildings one-by-one, kill everyone inside, take anything that isn't nailed down, and use the tank to level each building before heading on to the next.

Our guys get a lesson in marksmanship, the gangs get a lesson in not crossing us.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I say workshop and shield . Mines are useless, they're just like grenades that you can't throw which defeats the point.

Agreed, Workshop and Shield. Mines are going to be borderline useless for all practical purposes, because those suicial lemmings brave X-Com operatives are always going on the offensive to root out xeno scum that's already entrenched in a building or ship rather than sitting and hoping something will come bumble into a mine.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Oliver Twist Block. The government pays our bills, after all.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Engineering bay and staff

Our air game is trash right now, and we need to be able to build ships that can swat down Alien ships before they touch down. It'll also make it easier to produce things we can turn a profit on in the long-term (I presume?).

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I told you guys before, we gotta do this the Mega-Primus way; They take a run at one of our bases, we wipe out their entire loving gang. Every building, every vehicle, every gang member we can find, until they're financially ruined.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

dang it i'm real sick of slum missions 900,000 times in a row.

it's like 4-3 raid psyke or investigate osiron so I was thinking now might be a good time to expand on diplomacy so just one last revote:
  1. Retaliate vs Psyke:
    a) raid
    b) shoot with tanks
    c) pay off someone else to fight them. This will ff time for one day while we dump their diplomacy data and come up with a list of options
  2. Investigate Osiron
  3. ⏩ until something else interesting happens

Level every goddamn Psyke building in the city with our Tanks.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Investigate Osiron Warehouse Five. We cant let our new allies get corrupted any further.

Vadun posted:

Just clearing the firing lanes near the dimension gates, nothing to see here.

On the contrary, I think we made it clear what happens if anyone gets between us and protecting the city - we protect the hell out of the city from them.

Also we should probably bribe our way back into good graces with the fuel and elerium companies at some point.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Personal Shield and Medium Disruptor Beam.

The Huge Beam can wait until we're anywhere close to building something that could (I assume) equip it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
So who took a run at us this time?

Also ammo.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

you want agent right?

:siren: anybody else i'm forgetting to socket in? :siren:

Sir, I volunteer for a suicide mission, SIR! :patriot:

Gimme an autocannon with explosive ammo, and I'll give you a whole lot of kills. Some may be friendly fire, but by god they'll be dead!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Uhh...sure.

Traffic.

That was it.

Totally not dodging the mission to avoid going in with a bunch of other rookies as alien-fodder.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Erisian Automata posted:

Here's a question: I've loved these threads since forever, because xcom nerd. Are there any other games old and goofy enough that they can be hosed with to this degree? That also have the crazy black-box political mechanics based on extortion, bribery, outright theft, murder, and almost-complete ruination of rival factions?

Space Station 13.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If Psyche didn't want everything they owned razed to the ground, they shouldn't have tried to attack us :colbert:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Clearly Psyche needs another lesson in the Mega-Primus Way :colbert:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Research the rear end and Medium Disruptor Beam.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Definitely bribe Solmine with a dumptruck of cash.

no fedex was ultra pissed and then a stray alien beam scratched the spaceport and they went full on gently caress THIS and went from enemy to ally.

I choose to assume it was via some fine work from Rookie ~**REDACTED**~ for that shot.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If I had been given my autocannon and hi-explosive ammo like I requisitioned, I totally would've killed those pods.

I blame Command.

And the Quartermaster.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Mission Report:

Got my autocannon.

Got Hi-Ex rounds.

Got a promotion for blowing poo poo up with both.

Good mission.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ok so it looks like the research will be the purple UFO for sure and the rear end and medium beam are tied. I'll give it a minute then flip a coin

We need Tits AND rear end!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
I choose to assume Honky's so hosed up on brain drugs he thinks he doesn't NEED a shield to stay safe.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Deal with the invader's faction The Mega-Primus Way :murder:.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
If it's Psyke again, then it's definitely time to deal with them The Mega-Primus Way.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Medium Beam. We sorely need better vehicle weapons.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

HBar posted:

Investigate. Even if we piss them off, angry gangs aren't a huge deal after we got shields and advanced security stations.

And they know what happens when they cross our people.

Just ask Psyke. Or whoever happened to find a few semi-unburned Psyke biker jackets and decided attacking us was a good idea this week.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Absolutely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

HBar posted:

1&5. Hand cannon and UFO 6.

How long until the engineering bay is done? I want to build one of these already.

Aren't all other hand weapons worthless in the face of Tox-B/C?