Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I wish they had someone play Tucker Carlson. There's gotta be at least one guy with a resting stoner-amazed-by-tinfoil face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Edit: ELLIE!

LET'S GET THAT MONEY, STEVE!

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Nov 18, 2018

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol Toad

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Ye gods they remembered the mushroom comment

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Who tf is Anderson dot Paak

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Oh come on, this had to be by Limhal

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hahaha that was a good ending.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Gooney Tunes?

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I like this NASA bit

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The frozen monkeys were killing me and then it only got better.

Odd that the first sketch was so bad because the rest of the show has been drat good.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Is this a Rhianna song? It sounds like it.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Getting turned on by this tbh

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yay that a city in my county (the lgbtq one) got mentioned on a national TV show for something positive for a change.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Wow, never expected a riff on Grease tonight

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

That dog wants that fruit.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
:laffo: The perfect screw up.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Well that skit was hilariously aborted.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~
I’ve seen a few close calls, but never witnessed a sketch completely fall apart like that.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Putting Keenan and Leslie in a skit with name swap humor was a recipe for disaster.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Space Racist posted:

I’ve seen a few close calls, but never witnessed a sketch completely fall apart like that.
Haha, Kenan had to tell Leslie, "just... just eat the kern."

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

what the hell happened

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

i say swears online posted:

what the hell happened

Keenan breaking right at the start, tongue twisters galore, and finally going full :camera6:. Those poor bastards never stood a chance

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Kammat posted:

Keenan breaking right at the start, tongue twisters galore, and finally going full :camera6:. Those poor bastards never stood a chance

There was definitely a green screen special effects failure in there too.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yay that a city in my county (the lgbtq one) got mentioned on a national TV show for something positive for a change.

My friend just got elected Mayor of Wilton Manors. He's a stand-up guy, kind of like Captain America come to life. (Looks kind of like him too.) I'm so proud of him, and I think he'll only rise higher in government.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Space Racist posted:

Let me introduce you to the Fairmont Suites Inn, St. Louis-Hazelwood from January 21, 2006, with Peter Sarsgaard and Rachel Dratch.

Sorry it’s on DailyMotion, but this has been replaced everywhere with the dress rehearsal version after its live airing on the east coast. Did it completely fall apart? You be the judge! :haw:

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Heh Hulu has the live kern sketch.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The reason they started breaking from the beginning is that someone dropped what looked like a laser gun on the floor. I think it was supposed to come into play but because it was laying on the ground they just kinda improv’d the ending.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Eh, if the prop were that important to the ending, they woulda picked it up. See also: The TV remote in that sketch linked above

That said, the dropping of the laser gun was most definitely what set them off. It was all downhill from there

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I think Kenan was supposed to pull the gun on them and force them to eat the Kern. :shrug:

I liked this ep, but it had a tough act to follow after last week’s and I don’t care about The Office so the monologue was meh.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Oooh yeah, that does make sense. I was wondering why Kenan didn’t just pick it up at the start or something. That would explain it.

Also, I just checked out the Hulu version, and while it is the live sketch, they fixed the green screen glitch at the end.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
I loved the look on Davidson’s face when he glanced at the monitor and saw the effect broke.

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I loved the look on Davidson’s face when he glanced at the monitor and saw the effect broke.

‘Bitch I said stop?’

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

pwn posted:

Let me introduce you to the Fairmont Suites Inn, St. Louis-Hazelwood from January 21, 2006, with Peter Sarsgaard and Rachel Dratch.

Sorry it’s on DailyMotion, but this has been replaced everywhere with the dress rehearsal version after its live airing on the east coast. Did it completely fall apart? You be the judge! :haw:

I'm totally baffled by this sketch. Sarsgaard is silently screaming inside, and Dratch has no idea what to do. Sure, the tv wasn't supposed to turn off like that, but I get the feeling he was supposed to find the remote pretty early on and someone misplaced it. Judging by the fact that the ending barely existed, he must've just totally panic bailed.

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice

ArtVandelay posted:

I'm totally baffled by this sketch. Sarsgaard is silently screaming inside, and Dratch has no idea what to do. Sure, the tv wasn't supposed to turn off like that, but I get the feeling he was supposed to find the remote pretty early on and someone misplaced it. Judging by the fact that the ending barely existed, he must've just totally panic bailed.

... No. Seriously? You think all that back and forth like "What are three things I could find in your blood?" was what, improvised? And the sketch was supposed to be about a man who comes into his hotel room and spends an extra few seconds looking for the remote before turning off the TV and doing something else?

Is this post a parody of someone else's post from several weeks ago that I've forgotten?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

ArtVandelay posted:

It ends when it's supposed to. I think what happened was, in the kerfuffle to get the TV back on, a stagehand had to use the remote, and forgot to replace it until the end, where he can be seen at the bottom of the frame, setting it at Sarsgaard's feet.

With that said, new thread is here! You go there now!

• Locked thread