Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

The ride to the camp with high honor, as the voices of people you have helped played, was really well done.

What happens on low honor? Is it like voices of your buddies and poo poo?

WoodrowSkillson fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Nov 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Yeah, at least John and Abigal got out for a time, and as a byproduct saved Charles and Sadie and Uncle from being pulled under as well. The only reason John gets back in is Ross being poo poo at his own job and blackmailing John.

John and Arthur both were too deep in to ever fully escape their lifestyle, but their turn to the good in the end saves other people.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Mandrel posted:

Well, not Uncle. He bit it at the end of RDR1 right before John did. Charles and Sadie are hopefully still kicking though, and Jack obviously.

He had terminal lombago by then and would have been like 70 so he got a good decade of peace inst the end of his life.

I'm pretty sure New Austin is going to be online heavy, I'd it's not it would be really weird to even bother including it.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

I did not see anything but she was legit drinking herself to death and knew it so I imagine that's about where her story goes

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Donovan Trip posted:

Losing Arthur gave the epilogue some real weight. The whole time I was running around as John I missed him, exactly as John and the others did. It just worked so well for putting you in the headspace, and made John's reformation feel earned. Knowing where the story goes next, too, kept me wanting to hang around the ranch and interact with the family as these are objectively "the good years". gently caress, what a game.

I noticed Arthur falling sick almost immediately, I noticed it while checking his stats on the menu and began taking tonics assuming it would cure. When it didn't, and his cough set in, I had this sense of dread, like what is the game doing to me? And then seeing it in his face, and people commenting on it, it just felt so natural and tragic. I ended up reading a book on TB, thanks Rockstar!

Even the scene after you get the money and contract TB has an extremely subtle coughing sound laid over the music as Arthur rides back to camp. It's simply fantastic storytelling.

• Locked thread