Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I'm working on some programming for a retro con, for both SNES and Genesis.

I've been running some tournaments for a few years, but this year I would like to do some freeplay sessions for head to head games that won't necessarily have enough good players for a real tournament. For example, Eternal Champions for the Genesis, or Gundam Wing: Endless Duel for the SNES. Also, freeplay sessions for 4 person multiplayer games, sports or otherwise.

So for tournaments, I'm starting with:
Mortal Kombat 2 Gens
NHL 94 Gens
Streetfighter 2 turbo SNES
Tecmo Super Bowl SNES

Any suggestions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Castlevania

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
NBA Jam, of course!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
tetris attack

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Siljmonster posted:

Castlevania

Not sure how we can make a tourney out of that... I suppose we could do someone doing a demo speed run out of IV, but that wouldn't go in the tourney room.

i am tim! posted:

NBA Jam, of course!

I've considered it... but there have been so many versions since 16 bit, and we do run tourneys on the modern versions.

wolfman2000
Nov 7, 2018
Nothing wrong with good old fashioned Bomberman for a party game. Hopefully the game provider has a multi-tap.

grill youre saelf
Jan 22, 2006

general chaos

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Squashy Nipples posted:

Not sure how we can make a tourney out of that... I suppose we could do someone doing a demo speed run out of IV, but that wouldn't go in the tourney room.

Look into Harmony of Despair on 360/PS3, maybe, and treat it as a semi-co-op speedrun competition? It's a weird greatest-hits of all the Metroidvania type games in the series, plus the original CV and a completely unrelated 8-bit Konami game, geared for multiplayer play.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Mloenr

ClothHat
Mar 2, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT MY LOVE OF THE LUMPEN-GOBLITARIAT
protip: trust no links I post
all of them

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

ClothHat posted: