Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

The internet is mad again. This time, it’s about Diablo. Can’t wait to play it on android and iOS systems.

Thinkin it’s time to upgrade this old iPhone5 so I’ll be playing the new hit diablo game on something modern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
le internet

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i don't have games on my phone, im too busy Posting

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Let's Make Love And Listen To Death From Above

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Let's Make Love And Listen To Death From Above

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

have you heard about this folks? have you heard about this?

the internet is at it again!

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Who would have thought a game named after the devil would be bad?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/joseph_patrick_/status/1058454625853063168?s=19

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Diablo seems made for touch screens I don’t understand why the whole internet collectively is upset about it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Everyone convinced themselves they'd remaster Diablo 2 instead of even more cynically pursuing profits, my man.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i don't really care, and don't ever want to play a phone game regardless, but having it be a reskin of a chinese F2P is sort of lovely

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Let's all upgrade our firmware to program our new dildos

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Wormskull posted:

Everyone convinced themselves they'd remaster Diablo 2 instead of even more cynically pursuing profits, my man.

they said they'd never do this because its too much work (they'd basically have to rebuild D2 completely from scratch), and also said right before the show D4 was being worked on but isnt ready to be revealed.

i guess people were hoping they were lying, or that they'd announce anything other than a reskinned chinese mobile mmo

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

They always announce at least one super gay thing, that is, not something anyone who likes Blizzard poo poo actually wants, at a Blizzcon, and I don't know why anyone would be excited about them announcing the next Diablo anyway. So frankly, it was fail all around, and not the least bit surprising.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

they're pretty open about D3 being a disappointment financially because it's not a money geyser like overwatch, and it's the reason they abruptly abandoned it.

so, get HOIPE for the next diablo revolving around gacha mobile nightmare poo poo and still being worse than PoE anyway lol

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Diablo 3 is a disappointment philosophically. They should be ashamed of themselves.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Maybe they just want to start making fun games.. for instance instead of another Diablo type game they could something engaging with action and an exciting world . Seems like they hated making Diablo so much that they asked someone in another country to make it instead.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

Maybe they just want to start making fun games.. for instance instead of another Diablo type game they could something engaging with action and an exciting world . Seems like they hated making Diablo so much that they asked someone in another country to make it instead.

blizzard hasnt tried to make a fun game in 20 years so i doubt thats their line of thinking

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

They make games that take up the free time of people that can't distinguish between having fun and spending time doing something other than school or work, if you ask me. It's fail.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I haven’t been paying much attention to this but I guess it must have gone over pretty bad because Activision/Blizzard stock dropped by roughly four billion dollars in the last couple days

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

sector_corrector posted:

i don't really care, and don't ever want to play a phone game regardless, but having it be a reskin of a chinese F2P is sort of lovely

on the other hand, its diablo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I never finished Diablo 1 I always thought the setting was really cool.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff posted:

they said they'd never do this because its too much work (they'd basically have to rebuild D2 completely from scratch), and also said right before the show D4 was being worked on but isnt ready to be revealed.

i guess people were hoping they were lying, or that they'd announce anything other than a reskinned chinese mobile mmo

It's a shame blizzard doesn't 12 billion dollars lying around to pay 20 people to make a remake of diablo 2. Or make any game at all, ever.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

What if this reskinned Chinese MMO ends up...good?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSPwIFLv_ak

Did u know Diablo was prototyped for game boy

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

tao of lmao posted:

What if this reskinned Chinese MMO ends up...good?

what if chinese gold farmers are better at making games than blizzard

Captain No-mates
Apr 3, 2010

Diablow

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Mods?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSPwIFLv_ak

Did u know Diablo was prototyped for game boy

this is insane

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

extremebuff posted:

this is insane

Apparently they also worked on a GBC Diablo game that would have multiple versions a-la Pokémon with exclusive classes and items in each one and link cable trading

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
they should work on liquidating all of their assets and making their entire 40000 employees redundant

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

In Training posted:

I never finished Diablo 1 I always thought the setting was really cool.

Diablo 1 is so loving spooky and ominous. I never really got into the other games but I would still be interested in a remake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnMR6SOBa9k

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

they should work on liquidating all of their assets and making their entire 40000 employees redundant

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*4 foot fat gay Filipino trots around on stage pushing up his glasses* Yeah baby! Over watch and Hearthstone are having a genre blended battle royale win baby! Preorder Fucktard Hero Tournament and get a hearthstone card that locks up your computer for 45 minutes and makes both players lose, and a Diablo 3 skin of a 1850s chinaman stereotype for the barbarian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

*4 foot fat gay Filipino trots around on stage pushing up his glasses* Yeah baby! Over watch and Hearthstone are having a genre blended battle royale win baby! Preorder Fucktard Hero Tournament and get a hearthstone card that locks up your computer for 45 minutes and makes both players lose, and a Diablo 3 skin of a 1850s chinaman stereotype for the barbarian.

lmao

• Locked thread