Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who wins the champ this year?
This poll is closed.
A contracted Cleveland Cavs team. 4 4.60%
DUNK CITY'S REVENGE 4 4.60%
Not Gonzaga 5 5.75%
gently caress Duke 47 54.02%
Not your team, that's for sure 15 17.24%
Your 10 y/o niece's bracket pick 12 13.79%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Iowa State is in an interesting position, I think. But good news, outside of Kansas the league is pretty open. TCU might be the second best team.

Kansas State is not, in anyway, a good team and I want everyone to stop saying that poo poo.

They are a vet heavy team with deep tournament experience they are ready to get a 5th seed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Metapod posted:

They are a vet heavy team with deep tournament experience they are ready to get a 5th seed

lol have you ever watched Bruce Weber teams

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I watched them go to the Elite Eight and then bring every player back so yeah?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Bird in a Blender posted:

I think it's great because it gives us a real look at how good/bad ISU is going to be. I just hope we don't get swept out of it. ISU plays Arizona to start, whoof. If they lose, they play Gonzaga or Illinois.

Arizona is not very good this year, if they're a tournament team at all it'll be because the rest of the Pac 12 isn't very good either.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

lindell wigginton will bring the championship home to the maritimes

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kiimo posted:

That's kind of as close as you can get to a fraudulant elite eight run, but yeah. I figure they'll do their thing where they win a bunch of ugly games that never actually make you believe in them again this year.

e: Oh they do get Wade back don't they? As I recall he was actually pretty good.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Nov 9, 2018

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

kiimo posted:

Yeah no

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I'm with BI NOW, I don't believe in Bruce Weber teams.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
lol how is a game between Iowa State and Mizzou not on any of the ESPN or streaming networks. Just on the piece of poo poo local Mediacom channels.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
It was said previously but Yves Pons owns

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Preemptive LOL @ Kentucky

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Don’t jinx it

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Grant Williams is gonna be a freaking beast again this year.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

I guess football really is slow in Knoxville these days

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Grant Williams is gonna be a freaking beast again this year.

He made 3 3 pointers all year last year.

He’s got 4 through two games this year

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

vikingstrike posted:

I guess football really is slow in Knoxville these days

Sir I think you’ll find we are a basketball school and I would appreciate some respect

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Joey Freshwater posted:

Sir I think you’ll find we are a basketball school and I would appreciate some respect

your idiot fanbase, after saying they were going to beat us in football this year, responded to that asswhipping by going "well, we're a basketball school now and we're going to blow you out this year"

unrelated, but wvu is about to lose to buffalo on live tv

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

your idiot fanbase, after saying they were going to beat us in football this year, responded to that asswhipping by going "well, we're a basketball school now and we're going to blow you out this year"

unrelated, but wvu is about to lose to buffalo on live tv

Who is us because we didn’t/don’t play Marshall or VT?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Joey Freshwater posted:

West Virginia, iirc.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Joey Freshwater posted:

this is offensive

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

have i been away so long

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kibner posted:

West Virginia, iirc.

Oh

Nobody thought that Tennessee was going to beat WVU. If they did it was a minority that was quickly shot down. Nobody here thought that anyway and the other UT boards I visit were the same.

I was joking about the basketball school because we’re still very much football first, successful or not. It’s just nice to see Vols winning at something.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Haha, some random poster kept buying Andichu pro-Marshall avs until he just gave up on the situation and it's one of my favorite things.

Yeah he's a WVU fan.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

this is offensive

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

have i been away so long

Man I cant keep up

It’s not you it’s me

Luv u bb

Grittybeard posted:

Haha, some random poster kept buying Andichu pro-Marshall avs until he just gave up on the situation and it's one of my favorite things.

Yeah he's a WVU fan.

Dammit I should have just left it at that

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Joey Freshwater posted:

Oh

Nobody thought that Tennessee was going to beat WVU. If they did it was a minority that was quickly shot down. Nobody here thought that anyway and the other UT boards I visit were the same.

I was joking about the basketball school because we’re still very much football first, successful or not. It’s just nice to see Vols winning at something.

it was like a whole bunch of twitter brigade (no one here, or any of my good vol friends)

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

it was like a whole bunch of twitter

Here’s where I stopped reading. You should be ashamed of yourself.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Joey Freshwater posted:

Here’s where I stopped reading. You should be ashamed of yourself.

i had to engage with them via the smoking musket

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

anyway wvu off to a good start vs buffalo

sags has a three if that tells you hat kind of a game it has been

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

ISU with a solid win against Mizzou. Without Wigginton too.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bird in a Blender posted:

ISU with a solid win against Mizzou. Without Wigginton too.

I get the rather strong feeling this shouldn't be viewed as anything other than taking care of business for you guys.

I admit I'm saying that having not watched a single second of Missouri so far this year, but going by box scores and what I kind of expect to happen...yeah.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Auburn looks terrifying.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

elentar posted:

Auburn looks terrifying.

i can't wait for the bruce pearl meltdown

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

elentar posted:

Auburn looks terrifying.
And we're still missing Danjel Purifoy

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

WVU loses in OT after Beetle Bolden goes out late. Buffalo is gonna wreck some poo poo. CJ Massinburg is legit.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

WVU loses in OT after Beetle Bolden goes out late. Buffalo is gonna wreck some poo poo. CJ Massinburg is legit.

Whatever happened to that Big XII preview you were promising us last thread?

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Probably Magic posted:

Whatever happened to that Big XII preview you were promising us last thread?

I got busy with some real work, but I have something I put together for the musket I can repurpose. I'll see what I can do for y'all tomorrow. The tl:dr version is Kansas may not lose a conference game and is nearing Alabama levels of singularity.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm going to disagree with you and here's why: even though they are really deep and have a lot of talent and depth they are starting two freshmen at 1 and 2 and that rarely bodes well for the long run.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
UNLV loses to Loyola Marymount 61 - 50

UNLV had 24 turnovers, made 2 of 16 threes

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Keep an eye on Eugene Omoruyi. He's really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Oklahoma State lost at perennial C-USA basement team Charlotte yesterday, that's gonna look real bad later on.