Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who wins the champ this year?
This poll is closed.
A contracted Cleveland Cavs team. 4 4.60%
DUNK CITY'S REVENGE 4 4.60%
Not Gonzaga 5 5.75%
gently caress Duke 47 54.02%
Not your team, that's for sure 15 17.24%
Your 10 y/o niece's bracket pick 12 13.79%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/garyparrishcbs/status/1064665769726754816?s=21

Howling at this absolute disrespect. We stan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

:smith:

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003

MourningView posted:

Can Iowa move all their home games to New York?

UConn is probably still pretty bad and Oregon might be overrated but man seeing the Hawks dominate two games like that is awfully nice after how ugly last year was

Jim Delany is loving ON this.

31-4 first half against EMU is, something.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Can't imagine anyone being "ready" for Zion Williamson but Austin Wiley still looks very rusty after his year off. Just the fact that this is the most high-profile non-conference regular season matchup possibly in Auburn history is pretty fun but I'm not expecting much.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

ISU up 9 on Arizona at the half despite shooting 15% from 3. Amazing what rebounding will do for ya.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Probably Magic posted:

maybe the hilltoppers are just a good team

The Ray Harper downfall still confounds me, admittedly.

i mean they have some talent, but it was mostly us tripping on our own dick constantly

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

And Clones loving blow it. I see we’re gonna be average this year, although Wigginton is out still.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Arizona is weird this year in that it is very much not the powerhouse of previous years but they seem to be executing the offense really well so far. But November basketball is sort of pointless and defenses are bad even by college standards.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Haven't had a Bill Walton game in a while. That guy is insane.
https://twitter.com/TVallese/status/1064903111532257280?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

e: He just mercilessly needled his play by play guy:

quote:

Bill Walton: "Did your dad play for Jerry Tarkanian?"

Jason Benetti: "My dad was an air traffic controller."

Bill Walton: "How cool would it have been, though, if your dad had played for Jerry Tarkanian?"

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
What was the beach of the game

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
James Wiseman to Memphis.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Never looked great but 6-point loss to that team is A-Ok.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

gvibes posted:

Haven't had a Bill Walton game in a while. That guy is insane.
https://twitter.com/TVallese/status/1064903111532257280?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

e: He just mercilessly needled his play by play guy:

Bill Walton probably shows up to announce high as a kite and no one will ever tell him to stop.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

iospace posted:

Bill Walton probably shows up to announce high as a kite and no one will ever tell him to stop.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Uhh Lipscomb beat TCU. Does TCU suck this year?

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Bird in a Blender posted:

Uhh Lipscomb beat TCU. Does TCU suck this year?

No but Lipscomb has all the signs of a really dangerous 13/14 seed.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
TCU graduated their two best players so I don't think they're anything that special but yeah Lipscomb was a tourney team last year they aren't terrible or anything

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Realized I hadn''t been checking in to this thread yet this year. Just wanted to say gently caress a San Diego State Aztec. Thanks and god bless.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Thoguh posted:

Realized I hadn''t been checking in to this thread yet this year. Just wanted to say gently caress a San Diego State Aztec. Thanks and god bless.

Agreed, and ISU is off to a good start.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Thoguh posted:

Rude

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

MourningView posted:

TCU graduated their two best players so I don't think they're anything that special but yeah Lipscomb was a tourney team last year they aren't terrible or anything

Uh, no. Jalen Fischer was far and away their best player and the floundered without him when he went down with an injury.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Uh, no. Jalen Fischer was far and away their best player and the floundered without him when he went down with an injury.

Nah Kenrich was better

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I'm watching the ISU/SDSU game on WatchESPN and they use the above the board camera a lot, like 90% of the time. It's an interesting view, but it means the camera moves a lot to follow the ball. Starting to give me a headache.

Anyway, Clones up 23 and running away with this. Would have been nice for them to beat AZ so they could play some tougher teams. ISU looking like they should be really good this year once Wigginton is back.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

MourningView posted:

Nah Kenrich was better

Strongly disagree

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

SDSU bad so what

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Tennessee and Louisville is back and forth. Vols would be dominating but the Cards are hitting everything they jack up.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Tennessee and Louisville is back and forth. Vols would be dominating but the Cards are hitting everything they jack up.

There’s a GDT but now that the game is over that run at the end for us was nice. We get pasted if we play like that against Kansas though.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:yeshaha:

I love how they cut to that while he was ranting about weed should be legal.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao why the gently caress is northwestern in some dumb tournament on thanksgiving day

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

R.D. Mangles posted:

lmao why the gently caress is northwestern in some dumb tournament on thanksgiving day

are you new to basketball friend

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
*Steps up to microphone and clears throat*

gently caress Duke.

Thank You.

*walks off stage*

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Jagged Jim posted:

*Steps up to microphone and clears throat*

gently caress Duke.

Thank You.

*walks off stage*

*thunderous applause*

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Jagged Jim 4 prez

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Only caught the first half but was surprised at how close the final score was. Losing to a great team might be the best thing to happen to Duke since it deflates the hype

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
So does Brad underwood suck or something

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Adun posted:

Losing to a great team might be the best thing to happen to Duke since it deflates the hype

FreakyMetalKid
Nov 23, 2003

ASU is off to a good non-conference start again. Hopefully they don't go to poo poo when Pac 12 play starts this time around.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
UVA scuffled some but ended up beating Dayton, which means that tomorrow the crime against basketball that is Virginia-Wisconsin will be perpetrated once more.

Meanwhile Texas just managed to keep ahead of UNC to the end, kept expecting them to lose it and they never did. Shaka Smart might actually have a decent team this time around. And Roy Williams' Thanksgiving got ruined, so we should all enjoy ours that little bit more.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

well, northwestern is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

are you new to basketball friend

R.D. Mangles posted:

well, northwestern is bad

ah i c