Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
My favorite part of the show is when the one wrestleman pretended to hit the other one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Make the show two hours maximum you cowards. You worms. You maggots.

Alternatively make the show 7 hours. Nay, 24 hours. The show never ends. The slams never stop. Sleep is forgotten and you yearn for death.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Blaise330 posted:

24 hour show where you still get less than 10 minutes of breezango and Rusev.

I miss Fandango

The talent begs for reprieve, but their pleas fall upon the deaf ears of a mad tyrant. Vince demands more slams. Forever slams. A slam eternal. The show no longer ends. Then. Now. Forever... . . .

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

I mean the main reason is that Disney is run by competant businessfolk and not a roid poisoned tyrannical grandpa

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Disney fired the guy behind Guardians of the Galaxy (one of their biggest, most unexpected MCU hits) because Internet Nazis complained about his tasteless Twitter jokes. Disney also gave complete control of The Last Jedi to a guy who proceeded to piss off both hardcore fans AND casual viewers with it, and they also made the first ever flop movie in SW history, namely the Han Solo origin film. They may not be addled by years of steroid and cocaine abuse, but I don't think the people running Disney are necessarily super smart and highly competent, either.

They fired him because he was always problematic to their image but now he was both problematic and expensive due to the runaway success of GotG

Also TLJ ruled and critique of it has been greatly amplified and signal boosted by the loving Russian government because we live in hellworld.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

The Cameo posted:

The first flop in the Star Wars franchise was the Clone Wars CG movie, which was full out Star Wars, title crawl and all. Released by Warner Bros., though, and I wonder what sort of legal entanglement that got into when Disney bought the whole damned thing.

Not really, they figured it wouldn’t perform like it did and was going to be carried by the Marvel brand if it made good money at all - which also all went away once the “Hooked On A Feeling” trailer dropped, they knew they were going to probably cover the production budget by the second weekend.

And, as for what happened to John Carter: they let the beginning of the marketing cycle be handled by Andrew Stanton, who I guess assumed he was as good at advertising his movie as David Fincher is with his*, giving them a lackluster first impression as Stanton concentrated on the atmosphere of the Mars setting for some reason in his early choices and cuts for ads and absolutely nobody cared.

Then they took the marketing reigns from him and began to reconfigure the strategy, when in the middle of all that, George Lucas approaches Disney with an offer: buy Lucasfilm, get Star Wars, Indiana Jones, ILM, THX, Skywalker Sound, the Ranch, all that toy money (oh my god the toy money), just come up with a fair price for it. Of course Disney is going to throw down as much cash as possible for it, which means the moment they sign the deal and the lawyers OK it, Star Wars is priority A-1. And so the deal goes through fast, and John Carter is looked at as a write-off in comparison to the $4 billion purchase they just made, so no strategy is ever cemented and marketing never really ratchets up in the late days before release. John Carter, which Stanton wanted to at least be called John Carter of Mars (even though the best title is obvious: John Carter and The Princess of Mars), but was cut off because Disney had the Imagemover-killing Mars Needs Moms blow up in their face around a year prior, came and went like a fart in the wind.

There’s a good book on the whole saga of trying to get John Carter of Mars to the screen: John Carter and The Gods of Hollywood. It’s a bit clearly biased (as the author’s bonafides as a fan of the character are, uh, very well established within a few chapters, so he’s coming from that angle and not an interested, but detached, third party) in how it’s written, but it kinda enhances the tragedy as the elephant in the sci-fi genre slams right through this old-timey adventure yarn pulp story that the elephant itself pilfered from constantly.

* as Fincher basically controls advertising on everything he does, which was a big deal when Sony let him have it for a $100 million movie and the first thing he did was do a photo shoot with his two leads with the female lead topless, and print up a full order of posters off of that image before showing Sony so they would have to ship them out - but at the same time, Fincher has a degree of trust because he’s directed, y’know, hundreds of commercials, a lot of them successful for the client, so he’s shown he understands how to market a product

anyway, yeah, wwe

i like when the one wrestleman slam another wrestleman.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Sydney Bottocks posted:

His torso looking all :-/

It looks like Homer Simpsons face

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Let he who has never wanted to beat the poo poo out of a dwarf cazz the first stone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Andrast posted:

what are you talking about, she was totally unrecognizable

She could have full face prosthetics but there's no way they could hide her bizarre hell smile

• Locked thread