Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Just a reminder that Nia and Tamina are the two worst female wrestlers on the main roster in every way and I fear they are going to legitimately hurt someone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

shiksa posted:

if they break him they'll call up the next former power forward or left tackle they have in the performance center, nobody's bigger than the brand so everyone is replaceable :shrug:

I cannot wait for the debut of uhhhhh...Babatunde. He is a big guy and Vince would love him. Plus I think his only appearances on NXT have been when he gets squashed.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Hey remember how we all thought Xavier Woods is cool and good? Well about that...

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Rarity posted:

Yeah that reads sarcastic to me

I don't think its sarcastic. It's not much of a stretch to think that Xavier has real lovely opinions about games journalism.

And a better response would be to not reply to the tweet at all.

e: He also liked the tweet from Boogie.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Nov 8, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

jesus WEP posted:

I can’t make head nor tail of boogie’s post what the gently caress is he talking about

He's trying to say that journalists are hypocrites when they get mad about something like a female video game character being overly sexualized (as an example), but not getting mad at microtransactions or DLC in videogames. Because "both are the same". It's a very toxic mentality to have.

And Xavier agreed with that statement. ...Which I guess makes sense considering he's working with Riot Games to push League of Legends. And Riot has their own issues right now in which no one who has a shred of dignity should want to partner with them.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Nov 8, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So I guess at tonight's Smackdown House Show, there was a vaguely interesting development in the Smackdown Women's Title match.

During the match, Mandy Rose came out (alone) and tried harassing both women (Becky and Charlotte). Leading people to believe she'll likely be Becky's next challenger. ...It would be typical/peak WWE to use Becky to put the title on Mandy. Which is something I wouldn't rule out.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah. Bryan had to remind everyone today the reason that you don't see people like Asuka, Sasha, Bayley, etc pushed is because Vince McMahon and Kevin Dunn have a type. If you are a fit blonde with implants, then you'll have a lot of success on the main roster. Otherwise you'll be lucky to get more than a few months in the spotlight. Over your entire career on the main roster in WWE. It's also why you don't see people like Finn pushed. Because he doesn't fit the mold of what Vince thinks should be the face of the company.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah, I think the sole exception to the women getting pushed because of their looks (being blonde) thing will probably be the other MMA 4HW when they show up on the main roster. They'll likely get a very strong push as long as Ronda is around, but once she's gone, I don't see much of a future for any of them. I mean Nikki Cross already lost her debut match on the main roster, so that's a bad omen for her future already.

I think Bryan also brought up that he thinks things will improve once Vince and Kevin are out of the picture, since Triple H looks at talent over appearance.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Nov 10, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah, I think the problem a lot of people had with Nikki is that she also tapped out in like 6 minutes and without much resistance. Which further proves that Vince has no idea how to book anyone from NXT or hates that they have any momentum at all and kills it immediately because he didn't create it.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Nov 11, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Draxion posted:

It's also probably not her "real" call-up, Candice still seems to have a program with her going forward. It's still part of a longer pattern of "Vince either does not know what to do with, or actively resents, the NXT roster" though.

Like I'm pretty sure someone who used to be in WWE creative said in an interview that Vince doesn't like the fact that main roster creative has a lot of ideas for a superstar when they are called up, so he buries the star because he gets sick of hearing how hyped they are.

...Which makes all the sense in the world when you see who is actually successful on the main roster. Elias and Alexa are good examples. They were both called up with little to no fanfare, and now they are in very prominent positions.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Excuse me Rovert, but I think you mean Big Azz. :v:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Low Desert Punk posted:

How does Alexa have multiple concussions, she barely takes any bumps

She's been in the ring with Nia Jax. And tossed around recklessly by Ronda.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Incessant Excess posted:

What if Shane shows up during the Steph segment for #UnderSiege2

Stephanie will just verbally emasculate the entire Smackdown Roster when they invade and they'll run back to Smackdown with their tails between their legs.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So the prize for the Mixed Match Challenge was revealed. The winners receive the "coveted" #30 spot in their respective Royal Rumbles.

Which pretty much means AJ and Charlotte are out of the equation.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

Braun/Ember too since that's when he's rumored to be fighting Brock I think?

Yeah. So that leaves Mickie/Bobby and...Miz and Asuka as the real shots to win.

And if I were a betting man (I'm not), I would bet on Miz/Asuka, simply because Mickie/Bobby are stuck pretty much permanently in the midcard.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

YeehawMcKickass posted:

I think I liked it better when it was a charity thing with a bunch of heart to it.

I mean, it’s still some of the most fun stuff the main roster is producing (barring Evolution).

Vince apparently had nothing to do with Evolution (Stephanie and Triple H did), and apparently he's pretty much hands off with the MMC as well.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Veryslightlymad posted:

None of those are good choices, knowing they'll enter at 30 in the rumble.

They're not gonna have Asuka win two rumbles in a row, and entering at 30 and then losing is just gross. Flipside is her partner is Miz, and hasn't Miz been a rumble mainstay for like, a decade? I want to say that he eats like, 6 finishers every year.

Charlotte/AJ feels like it can't go that far, either, unless they put the WWE title on someone else before then. Charlotte winning the rumble seems like the most likely result, right now, and having her at 30 would certainly make this easier, but why would AJ even be in the Rumble at all, at this point?

Strowman/Moon both would just get geeked out if they came in at 30, and that's completely unnecessary.

Actually, James/Lashley might be the best choice. Both could come out looking like credible threats at this position, James because she's honestly really loving good and can make her opponent look good, and Lashley because he looks impressive but doesn't have the stamina to be a credible rumble threat unless he comes out at like, 29 or 30 anyhow. On the other hand, wasn't either Lashley or James a last minute replacement for someone else? Feels weird to have a replacement win the thing, but maybe they honestly didn't know who they wanted to win, coming in early.

Honestly, you could easily have Asuka enter at #30 and get tossed without it looking gross. If Becky is still on her delusional I AM THE MAN egotrip at that point, you could have her interfere and cost Asuka the Rumble, setting up a Wrestlemania program.

And Mickie James is the eater of pins (and is pretty much cemented as a low card heel now), and Vince will likely get tired of Bobby Lashley within the next month or so anyways.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Davros1 posted:

Didn't it come out the other day that Vince was running Evolution?

He was only observing the event apparently. Triple H and Stephanie handled everything regarding the booking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Honestly I could see Miz/Asuka winning. You could use it as a device to set up Jerusalem's (and my) dream match of Becky/Asuka at Wrestlemania, even if Asuka didn't win the Rumble. Assume the final two are Charlotte and Asuka. You could have Becky interfere and cost Asuka the match, since she knows she can beat Charlotte. Just for Charlotte to turn around and challenge Ronda, leaving Becky to deal with an angry violent Japanese woman.

It would also potentially get actual heat on Becky. Which is something WWE wants. Badly.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Nov 13, 2018

• Locked thread