Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

nwin posted:

This is the first time I’ve done a thanksgiving for more people than just my wife and I. It’s only going to be 5-6 people, but we’re trying to see what we can make the night before or the morning of so that the oven isn’t trying to be used for everything at the same time.

Our list:

Spatchcock turkey
Mashed potatoes
Stuffing
Green bean casserole
Butternut squash

Any suggestions? The stuffing is just stove top so that can be made 5 minutes before hand if needed. Not sure how long I’ll need to rest the turkey but I could probably finish the mashed potatoes in that time?

I’ve never done the casserole before but my sister in law requested it and will probably be the only one eating it-can I just make that the night before?

I do a 14-16 lb spatchcock every year, and it's the first thing out of the oven, so it rests for an hour+. It's still hot when I carve it. Just make sure to tent it with foil. Turkeys, even spatchcocked ones, stay hot for an amazing amount of time. I bake my stuffing, sweet potatoes and corn casserole (together) while it's resting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU