Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Apparently Mizzou is getting their rear end kicked by iowa state.

I'm hoping Thoguh who might be the only person who subscribes to the Cyclone network or whatever it's called will come by and tell us how awful Mizzou looks. Or possibly how good Iowa State looks, but probably how awful Mizzou looks.

I see Kevin Puryear is the leading scorer at the moment. That seems like a bad sign.

e: Haha, more than 6 mintues left to play and Missouri has 24 turnovers to Iowa State's 6.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Nov 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

elentar posted:

Gonzaga is shooting 75% from the floor against Duke so far

Zion just missed an easy dunk, and Gonzaga is still doing this in the second half.

Duke down 16 right now.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Uh oh Zags.

e: :ohdear:

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Nov 22, 2018

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Gonzaga winning team certainly seems to be doing their best to give this away but Duke losing team isn't bothering to do anything.

College basketball is back.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

Gonzaga winning team certainly seems to be doing their best to give this away but Duke losing team isn't bothering to do anything.

College basketball is back.

And Duke wins college basketball is definitely...

Oh really? I had that ready to go and didn't expect to change it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
First time actually watching Mizzou this year and they look....really dumb.

If you wanted to be charitable I guess you could say they look really young. Pinson looks like he could be good eventually but he definitely isn't yet. Not comfortable at all with how much this team is going to lean on Kevin Puryear for scoring.

Turnovers are going to kill this team all year again.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Michigan State dude apparently unaware you need to hit the rim when you intentionally miss a free throw.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Mizzou bad

Stunned they made it an actual game after the mid part of the second half, not at all stunned they couldn't pull it out.

My favorite useless sequence was inbounding the ball after a basket with absolutely no movement against the press and turning the ball over for an instant two, then doing the exact same loving thing two seconds later and turning it over again.

...in other news god help me I sort of enjoy watching Duke this year. I mean I'm mainly just watching Zion but still.

gently caress Duke anyway.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Missouri plays great defense and gives themselves a chance to win in the last two minutes. Then can't inbound the ball to take a shot for that chance to win.

e: Had a time out to avoid the 5 second call that they didn't take too.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haven't lost yet somehow? What in the world.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haven't been able to watch but Oral Roberts is really loving bad I'm guessing from the score?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Puryear is hilariously bad even by his standards tonight for Mizzou.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Tilmon looking strong early on, would be nice if he kept this play up

That last foul wasn't his fault, the guard took off too early and didn't wait for the screen after Tilmon was committed.

But the one where he was just like 'get the gently caress off me' for no real reason and shoving Arkansas's big away when he was just looking to go set a screen was real bad.

e: Whew that went from a closeish game to a near blowout real quick.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jan 24, 2019

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh good, and Mark Smith just got a bad ankle sprain.

Good night to tune in to Missouri basketball.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Missouri's gotten all the calls after the techs (apparently, I just tuned in after the one on Geist) and are going to go into halftime down.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, Tilmon just got called for grabbing his own shoulder.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Mizzou up 10 with less than 11 left, will be interesting to see how they crumble. My guess is a ton of turnovers

They held on a long time with that 10+ point lead, this is an impressive meltdown.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
:lol:

Just win LSU, no overtime please.

I don't know where that call comes from but whatever.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Enjoy OT Gritty, I am not gonna watch Mizzou lose by 8 after the bullshit that was the first 40 minutes

I'm not sure I'd say I'm enjoying it but I'll finish it out.

LSU has started hitting shots mainly, I mean Missouri has been bad at the end but this game would have still been a 6 or 7 point win if that didn't happen. To be fair they should have started hitting shots earlier.

Mizzou is down to Geist hero ball now.

e: and that should about do it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
KU loses to Texas (barring something absolutely ridiculous in the last 12.5 seconds).

It'll be interesting to see how the rest of the Big 12 fucks up this year to give Kansas another title.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I love when a player tries to intentionally miss a free throw and it goes right through.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Tilmon feasting against Auburn so far, although I imagine Auburn is gonna end up winning by 15

I tuned in just in time to see Auburn drain like every three in the world and Missouri look clueless on offense (so nothing abnormal there).

e: It was a 1 point game when I turned it on a minute into the second half, before the second commercial break Auburn has a 22 point lead.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jan 31, 2019

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mike_V posted:

Tilmon feasting against Auburn so far, although I imagine Auburn is gonna end up winning by 15

I love that this turned out to be a wildly optimistic take.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Jesus Christ that T on Tilmon.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I will never understand why Arkansas doesn't beat Missouri by 50 every time they play.

Missouri absolutely loves to turn the ball over at any and all times. So of course Mizzou's up 10 at the half, and ought to be up 15 or 20.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I mean, there's a lot of justified gently caress Duke posting. But there should also be some :lol: Louisville posting going on after that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Dean Wade hurt, congrats to KU on regular season conference title #a billion.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Why is WVU so bad this year out of curiosity? I know they lost Carter, did they lose a bunch of other guys too?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Missouri wouldn't be beating Kentucky anyway so it's whatever, but man the officiating has seemed off.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm annoyed as I watch Iowa State struggle with TCU thinking about how the Big 12 almost always has at least one good team aside from Kansas during the streak. Hell Missouri (!) was actually good during the streak once.

And the one year Kansas is kinda poo poo the entire conference goes along with them.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Troy Queef posted:

this Mitch Lightfoot guy seems tailor-made to piss me off

Haha, I was thinking the exact same thing right then.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Cheering for K State seems exhausting. Like you have to just pray the defense is good enough for them to slop together enough points to win.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Strobe posted:

Fortunately it has been lately.

It is still exhausting.

I mean I suppose Missouri's the same way to be fair. But I'm not in a position of having to wonder if they can win the conference or try to figure out if they're good.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--I'm fairly sure it doesn't matter, it's just straight conference record that decides things

I think Wade was kinda getting worked and probably isn't close to fully healthy.

I agree that Weber is probably a bad coach, but I don't think that particular decision was necessarily wrong. If anything maybe he should have sat him for this game, but that's a hard thing to ask a senior with a last chance to slay the dragon.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Matey posted:

and texas tech avoids an embarrassing loss

My hot take: The Big 12 is not particularly good this year.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Missouri beating South Carolina's short squad somewhat handily shouldn't surprise me but it does. I won't complain.

SCar's down to 7 scholarship players I think and it shows, they're just dead at the end of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Man K State is doing all they can to let Baylor steal this at the end.

e: That'll probably do it though.