Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
hot drat was no one going to make this really

go jayhawks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Can't say I love these refs so far.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Sexy rear end dunk.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Transition defense is rear end, but I like how aggressive this KU team is on forcing turnovers.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

jesus christ, cayuts

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Eighteen minutes left in this SIU-Kentucky game, and it's tied.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Hit your free throws, bros.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

It should be more. Kansas playing like poo poo on D. Marquette to their credit playing really good D.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Dedric gassed and playing bad and phantom foul calls, very cool, very good.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Dedric unfucked himself :unsmith:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Stanford always has Kansas's number for some odd reason.

Though this looks more like rustiness after a couple weeks of snow to me, still, not great.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Thoughts on Vick going Super-Saiyan right now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzP0qm5lKe0

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Mmmmm, yes, lmao.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

This Tech-Duke game feels like it should be in the fifties for each team if their shots weren't rattling out so much.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Beautiful Man Bill Walton finally talking about my Jayhawks this year. :3:

Gawwwwwwwwwwwwwd just replace Fran Fraschilla's rear end with Walton every time ESPN pleeeeease.

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Dec 23, 2018

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Learn to close a game, you shitass Jayhawks.

Also, holy shiiiiiiit does the NCAA need to do something about their ref situation, these guys are worse than scabs for both sides, just trash.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

This Kansas team ain't winning the Big XII.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Bird in a Blender posted:

You say that every year.

Your school has a shrine to their own whininess, we all have our faults.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Man, Florida State got hosed by that possession call.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

This Michigan Wisconsin game is a war crime.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Kansas bad, ESPN really obnoxious when it comes to their exclusive coverage of Duke and Kentucky compared to anyone else in the league, gonna be really funny when Zion doesn't end up #1 on the Draft or half of ESPN's staff gets layed off, whichever comes first, though it'll all be interns and not like, say, Seth Greenberg.

e: I should stop being salty about every drat loss, but a seasons worth of putting up with the Tennessee Titans and Kansas football is supposed to be offset by this. And it's not. At least Dedric is still cool.

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jan 27, 2019

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

MourningView posted:

He's like as close to a lock as you can possibly be and this is a weird thing to celebrate

Don't lie that the thought of a jobless Dan Dakich doesn't slightly bemuse you.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

MourningView posted:

Sure but that isn't most of the people who get laid off when that happens

it's almost as if i mentioned that directly in what you quoted and joked about it

Like, I get it, gently caress Kansas, but if you have to be this willfully obtuse to make your burns, why make them.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Guess the answer to that is yes.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

I feel like I was a bit too harsh on this K-State team, but Bruce Weber is still a poo poo coach.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Strobe posted:

He took K-State to the Elite Eight last year and is still entirely able to win the Big 12 outright this year. It's not pretty basketball but you can't really call him a poo poo coach because of that. :shrug:

EDIT: literally nothing is going K-State's way tonight and I don't think you can call that his fault.

I know it's general principle to pull players at 2 fouls in the first half, but that's kind of like punting at 4th and 2, and I'm not sure pulling Wade was the right move there. Not with this much on the line.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Losing here ties K-State up with Texas Tech and there's only three or four games left on everyone's scheduled, also it's a death blow to Kansas being in the title hunt. I mean, it's too much speculation to say how that particular decision would've ultimately mattered if done the other way in this game, but it felt like a sea change in this game where Kansas was able to dip into their bench more at that point, keep fresher legs, and K-State has played on the back foot since. Wade wasn't playing great at that point, but if he'd stuck around a bit more, maybe he would've found his rhythm faster than he has. It just shows off a timidity that I don't really respect from Weber. But that's probably bias because I've always been dismayed that K-State snatched up a fired coach, that just always struck me as a weird move especially in the wake of someone like Frank Martin running your program.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Vols, bitch.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Remember that Kansas team where Perry Ellis was the only post player and he got rejected 8 out of every 10 times he squared up at the basket? Pretty funny how that team won the Big XII championship and this team, uh, hmmm.

Remember the team with Elijah Johnson playing out of position as the point all year? That team got pretty far. Elite Eight or something dumb like that? Also Big XII champs. Memories.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Knocking Texas out of the national tournament argument is pretty sweet, I'll take it.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

My favorite kind of reffing, the nonstop seesaw of makeup calls.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Tennessee kinda has only themselves to blame for not getting the ball to Williams there when he has his man so pinned, but this whole "chip on their shoulder" thing from the Wildcats makes me roll my eyes so hard, it's not much better than Tom Brady calling himself an underdog.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Metapod posted:

Both these teams will lose in the sweet sixteen

Both of these teams will make it further than Oklahoma though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Metapod posted:

Yeah and?

Come root for the Admiral with me.