Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Absolutely. Now I wish I'd kept one.

Youngkin's own mailers crowed about his endorsement from Trump, but they also went after McAuliffe for his comments about schools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

VitalSigns posted:

So these were real mailers?

https://mobile.twitter.com/waltshaub/status/1455716232007757825

I wanted to share this here but I seriously couldn't tell if this tweet is fake

Oh my loving god

Were they trying to toss the race???

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Oh my loving god

Were they trying to toss the race???

Seems to be an attempt at reverse psychology: wave in Republicans' faces how MAGA Youngkin is with mailers that look like they came from Youngkin if you don't look at the fine print, in the hopes that Never Trump Republicans will recoil and vote blue to purge Trumpist influence in their own party or whatever

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Democrats unfortunately continue to be completely fixated on the mythical moderate Republicans at the expense of literally everyone else.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The great thing about those mythical moderate Republicans is that they don't have any interests that conflict with those of the donor class.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Gotta respect the grift though. Why put in the time to design your own mailers when you can just delete the anti-McAuliffe lines from your opponent's mailers in an hour, justify it by saying you're playing 99-D chess, and take paid vacation the rest of the week.

Most efficient conversion of donor cash into consulting fees ever, an η so high it would have been dismissed as impossible in a less enlightened era

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Amy McGrath, for whom the Democrats moved heaven and Earth to make sure she beat a left-leaning opponent and be Mitch McConnell's opponent, ran adds about how McConnell was hindering Trump's agenda and she's work well with him.

I heard these ultimately pro-Trump ads got aired in Ohio. Her campaign helped him win a (former?) swing state!

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Nov 4, 2021

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Democrats unfortunately continue to be completely fixated on the mythical moderate Republicans at the expense of literally everyone else.

How could we go wrong, everyone in the office liked it!

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

If you seriously think there is a chance that Democrats intentionally lost a governors race because they actually hate doing things, you should log off this website and Twitter immediately and not talk about politics online for a year. I am serious. You are so deep down a rabbit hole you cannot think straight.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Ogmius815 posted:

If you seriously think there is a chance that Democrats intentionally lost a governors race because they actually hate doing things, you should log off this website and Twitter immediately and not talk about politics online for a year. I am serious. You are so deep down a rabbit hole you cannot think straight.

I dont think anyone is seriously saying that, just that mccauliffes campaign was so insipid that it *seems* intentionally designed to lose.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

mandatory lesbian posted:

I dont think anyone is seriously saying that, just that mccauliffes campaign was so insipid that it *seems* intentionally designed to lose.

You’re right I’m confused. It was current events where a poster saw a dumb mailer and seriously concluded that the democrats wanted to lose.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Ogmius815 posted:

You’re right I’m confused. It was current events where a poster saw a dumb mailer and seriously concluded that the democrats wanted to lose.

No, I don't seriously think they were actually trying to lose, more that it just seriously loving looks like something they'd put out if they were trying to lose

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

It was something, the baked in assumption that Trump! Bad! was all you needed and that Trump = BAD, when that isn't even true for anyone who could possibly be considered a swing voter. The people that mailer work on were voting for you anyway, or were on the fence about Youngkin because he wasn't in on Trump! hard enough for them.

The party of not that is a resounding failure. The party of stagnation in an age of discontent is doomed. People want a change, because they hope that it will make sure something in their stagnant situation changes for the better. Campaigning as a Dem has become so totally disconnected from the public that its mad. The only people let in to campaign speeches are locked in yes votes, the party activists. the speeches are written to those locked votes or a caricature of a 90s moderate. The general public gets clips of it on TV.

Fliers and adds don't win elections. Especially when your name isn't on them

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The Maroon Hawk posted:

No, I don't seriously think they were actually trying to lose, more that it just seriously loving looks like something they'd put out if they were trying to lose

Honestly, with how out of touch they are if they were trying to lose I'd expect them to run as a caricature of a progressive.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Permitless concealed carry passed the state house and Senate in Ohio. Just waiting on DeWine

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Doctor Butts posted:

Permitless concealed carry passed the state house and Senate in Ohio. Just waiting on DeWine

More gun will absolutely solve everything this time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

More gun will absolutely solve everything this time!

If it doesn't then surely even more gun is the answer!