Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Pakled posted:

So how the hell did Nelson get more votes than Gillum? I expected Gillum to get more than Nelson cause he was the more "exciting" candidate and Rick Scott is a big name in the state. I can imagine someone voting Gillum/Scott on a misguided "political outsiders are good" ideology but what kind of person votes Nelson/DeSantis?

Nelson is an inoffensive white guy. Lot easier for racists to pull that handle and either vote in the nazi or leave gov blank. It's poo poo, but welcome to America, especially the South.

If they can choose the order of recounts, I think having Nelson go first would be advantageous since it would be more thorough and might uncover more ballots for Gillum since it's a hand-recount and Gillum is probably not going to beat machine-recount numbers.

...also, his margin is way less than Gillum's to overcome. I'd rather net one more senate seat (and gently caress over Scott) than risk going over for time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/1060718085596950528

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

Grammarchist posted:

Haven't seen much about this in the headlines, and the idea of an elected judiciary is iffy in some respects, but apparently Dems did a lot better than expected in State Supreme Court Elections. Liberal, or moderate to the point of conservative distaste, candidates won in Arkansas, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina and Ohio. North Carolina in particular is pretty important given the GOP legislature's constant attempts to overthrow the currently Dem-aligned state court. Don't know enough about Arkansas or Ohio to comment, and I'd love to learn more if anyone has any insight.

http://www.governing.com/topics/politics/gov-democrats-2018-state-supreme-court-elections.html

A quick bit of insight on the Ohio Supreme Court races:

The Ohio Supreme Court is currently 7 white Republicans (woo)... Tuesday, we elected 2 new Justices - both Democrats. Interestingly, the only Dems who won statewide were Sherrod Brown and the 2 SC nominees: Michael Donnelly, and Melody Stewart. Double-interestingly, the Supreme Court races are technically 'non-partisan' meaning that they do not have party affiliation listed on the ballot. Turns out, best way to get a Democrat elected in Ohio is to be literally Sherrod, or not have the word Democrat anywhere near you.

Justice-Elect Melody Stewart is also the first African American woman elected statewide in Ohio history... Not just to the Supreme Court, but to ANY state wide office. Even got a LeBron shout...

https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/1060032295917150208

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

OAquinas posted:

Nelson is an inoffensive white guy. Lot easier for racists to pull that handle and either vote in the nazi or leave gov blank. It's poo poo, but welcome to America, especially the South.

If they can choose the order of recounts, I think having Nelson go first would be advantageous since it would be more thorough and might uncover more ballots for Gillum since it's a hand-recount and Gillum is probably not going to beat machine-recount numbers.

...also, his margin is way less than Gillum's to overcome. I'd rather net one more senate seat (and gently caress over Scott) than risk going over for time.

Yeah, if there has to be a choice between the two, I'd rather keep the senate seat, especially since it's much more likely to actually flip back to Nelson in the recount. DeSantis is a neo-nazi dumpster fire but maybe he'll be too busy fantasizing about Trump crowning him biggest boy of the land to do anything TOO destructive as governor.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

tiberion02 posted:

A quick bit of insight on the Ohio Supreme Court races:

The Ohio Supreme Court is currently 7 white Republicans (woo)... Tuesday, we elected 2 new Justices - both Democrats. Interestingly, the only Dems who won statewide were Sherrod Brown and the 2 SC nominees: Michael Donnelly, and Melody Stewart. Double-interestingly, the Supreme Court races are technically 'non-partisan' meaning that they do not have party affiliation listed on the ballot. Turns out, best way to get a Democrat elected in Ohio is to be literally Sherrod, or not have the word Democrat anywhere near you.

Justice-Elect Melody Stewart is also the first African American woman elected statewide in Ohio history... Not just to the Supreme Court, but to ANY state wide office. Even got a LeBron shout...

https://twitter.com/KingJames/status/1060032295917150208

I'm sticking by my prediction that LeBron is gonna run for office shortly after he retires. He's richer than most of the self-funded assholes out there and already has a huge fanbase

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
I don't know, short term I feel like a progressive Dem Governor would have a much more meaningful and direct impact on the lives of Floridians than an uninspiring white dude getting outvoted during two years.

I get that the long game on retaking the Senate is super important, but Gillum is an inspiring dude who would probably significantly mobilize the African American community and progressives at large in 2020.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

The Glumslinger posted:

I'm sticking by my prediction that LeBron is gonna run for office shortly after he retires. He's richer than most of the self-funded assholes out there and already has a huge fanbase

Considering that rather dire article somebody posted earlier today about how Ohio is all-but lost to Red State status, the idea of LeBron running for office has me rock-hard.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

The Glumslinger posted:

I don't know, there could be lots of reasons he demanded the Lakers trade him to the Iowa Wolves.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

I don't know, short term I feel like a progressive Dem Governor would have a much more meaningful and direct impact on the lives of Floridians than an uninspiring white dude getting outvoted during two years.

I get that the long game on retaking the Senate is super important, but Gillum is an inspiring dude who would probably significantly mobilize the African American community and progressives at large in 2020.

I really, really wanted to have Gillum as the governor, but the most realistic scenario seems to be that Nelson might be able to edge Skeletor in a thorough hand recount while Gillum probably wouldn't make up the ground necessary (and seems to still be outside the threshold to force a hand recount himself) to flip the governorship. If we have to choose one, then I'd choose the one that has the best shot of happening.

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.

Sanguinia posted:

Considering that rather dire article somebody posted earlier today about how Ohio is all-but lost to Red State status, the idea of LeBron running for office has me rock-hard.

I get the viewpoint, but him running for any sort of elected office (short of literally Senate or President) is a certain downgrade in his overall influence and power. I think he's shooting for that Beyonce/Oprah level of cultural cache... but that's important too though. He could do more to improve (for example) education through his name and presence alone then he ever could as say, Governor.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
If I had to pick only one, I'd rather Gillum won than Nelson. Yeah, that one vote in the Senate is looking to be extremely important, but Florida is on the front lines of the climate change fight and it's so vital to have a governor who will do something about it. Plus the governor elected this year will be presiding over the next round of redistricting and voting in the 2020 election so if we had Gillum, we'd be able to prevent the worst of any poo poo Republicans will undoubtedly try.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

xeria posted:

I really, really wanted to have Gillum as the governor, but the most realistic scenario seems to be that Nelson might be able to edge Skeletor in a thorough hand recount while Gillum probably wouldn't make up the ground necessary (and seems to still be outside the threshold to force a hand recount himself) to flip the governorship. If we have to choose one, then I'd choose the one that has the best shot of happening.

Oh yeah, definitely agree that the recount needs to focus on Nelson but in a world where I could choose one or the other to win their bid, I'd choose Gillum.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

Oh yeah, definitely agree that the recount needs to focus on Nelson but in a world where I could choose one or the other to win their bid, I'd choose Gillum.

I think the value in destroying Trump's narrative on being responsible for "stopping a blue wave," might be pretty substantial going into 2020. There was too much Split Decision coverage after the midterm because of that presumed 55/45, and giving the media the nice juicy steak of "The thing trump hinged his argument on literally exploded in his face in an unambiguous way," would be too much delicious scandal for their typical Both Sidesism to pass up.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Regarding Ohio turning permanently Red, I think that’s a bit premature and doesn’t take enough things into account. I think the biggest challenge is just the lack of quality Dem candidates here. The Democratic Party has been pushing dud after dud in statewide races for over a decade.

There’s just no bench and no opportunities for would-be young Democratic candidates. Fixing the gerrymander and opening up 2-3 more districts would help.

That said, Ohio will still vote blue for the right candidate. They did for Obama twice. But he’s literally the only thing close to an inspiring candidate that has been on the ballot here in a long time (ok and Sherrod Brown to a smaller degree). Ohio just needs a Beto to really inspire some young voters and create the next generation of politically active Dems.

Mahoning fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Nov 9, 2018

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
One issue in OH is the dem party has no bench with name recognition besides Brown, since the legislature is incredibly gerrymandered its hard to get a bench built up. Focusing on Cleveland and Columbus doesn't win races in this state specially since we font have a large minority population.

Ohio at least in the northern part of the state is very libertarian on social stuff but tends to lean more on whoever can increase the GDP of the area more. The lakeshore area is predominately manufacturing and production with several aerospace component companies, then an enormous healthcare focus with nursing homes and hospitals all over. One of the biggest reasons Ohio swung red was from the belief that Trump would bring in more jobs and more work for existing jobs in these areas. Thats one reason the youngstown area which was traditionally a dem stronghold lost so much support tuesday, manufacturing is extremely hot right now and there is a huge shortage of workers so people believe that he has jumpstarted the economy for them.

That does mean that if the economy sours and things go south blue collar workers can swing back to blue, they are the ones that believe in brown and vote for him. also people that push for fighting the opiod crisis. EVERYONE in ohio knows someone that has died from fent or has come close.

also to put it in perspective how few candidates we have the one Kasich fought in 2014 was a nobody Commissioner from Cleveland that didnt have a license and was caught at 2 am with a woman not his wife in the car. If we actually put people up that were hometown boys with charisma they would likely win. Cordray was a good candidate but tainted by the fact he was in Washington for what the last 8 years? AND gave his directorship up to nueter the CFB, that didn't boost his image to some people. We just need to get a bench back up like most states after the last 8 years.

UCS Hellmaker fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Nov 9, 2018

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

UCS Hellmaker posted:

One issue in OH is the dem party has no bench with name recognition besides Brown, since the legislature is incredibly gerrymandered its hard to get a bench built up. Focusing on Cleveland and Columbus doesn't win races in this state specially since we font have a large minority population.

Ohio at least in the northern part of the state is very libertarian on social stuff but tends to lean more on whoever can increase the GDP of the area more. The lakeshore area is predominately manufacturing and production with several aerospace component companies, then an enormous healthcare focus with nursing homes and hospitals all over. One of the biggest reasons Ohio swung red was from the belief that Trump would bring in more jobs and more work for existing jobs in these areas. Thats one reason the youngstown area which was traditionally a dem stronghold lost so much support tuesday, manufacturing is extremely hot right now and there is a huge shortage of workers so people believe that he has jumpstarted the economy for them.

That does mean that if the economy sours and things go south blue collar workers can swing back to blue, they are the ones that believe in brown and vote for him. also people that push for fighting the opiod crisis. EVERYONE in ohio knows someone that has died from fent or has come close.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

I love ym state but god we have to fix it, Lake county is central in alot of ways to fixing the ohio dem party

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

The Glumslinger posted:

How many candidates that LeBron has endorsed have actually won? I know he really put himself out there for HRC and it didn't work out.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

UCS Hellmaker posted:

I love ym state but god we have to fix it, Lake county is central in alot of ways to fixing the ohio dem party

I think Joe Schiavoni would’ve had a better chance against DeWine than Cordray did, but the Democratic Party insisted on putting their full weight behind a boring dude that inspired nobody. Schiavoni is more of a populist like Sherrod and more importantly was the extent of the Democratic bench in Ohio and now is term limited and will have no seat in the government come January. Oh and his former seat in the state senate flipped red.

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

Mahoning posted:

I think Joe Schiavoni would’ve had a better chance against DeWine than Cordray did, but the Democratic Party insisted on putting their full weight behind a boring dude that inspired nobody. Schiavoni is more of a populist like Sherrod and more importantly was the extent of the Democratic bench in Ohio and now is term limited and will have no seat in the government come January. Oh and his former seat in the state senate flipped red.

100% agree - I grew up in Youngstown and moved to Cleveland area for work (in politics no less) - he was starting to build some momentum among the Lake/Cuyahoga style Democrats and Progressive groups, right up until it became clear the ODP was 100% aligning itself behind Cordray. It was monumentally frustrating.

Also UCS Hellmaker - Lake County is 100% red now and has been trending that way for over a decade. I hate that - but its the reality. Worse yet, leftist progressiveness does not have a great draw in the more liberal enclaves of Lake County (west end W's, Mentor, Painesville, etc).

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I went to my local Democratic Party meeting tonight and they had leadership elections. I was with the president of the college Democrats, our professor advisor, and one other member.

It was an absolute shitshow. There was a dumb factional pissing match happening because a group of them didn't want to work with College Democrats or have an office in our college town (the office that was granted to them for free mind you). They spent the last few weeks organizing a leadership coup instead of helping with the midterms.

A bunch of them were also low key super racist to a Hispanic woman who won a leadership position there.

I'm really frustrated. :(

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Lightning Knight posted:

I went to my local Democratic Party meeting tonight and they had leadership elections. I was with the president of the college Democrats, our professor advisor, and one other member.

It was an absolute shitshow. There was a dumb factional pissing match happening because a group of them didn't want to work with College Democrats or have an office in our college town (the office that was granted to them for free mind you). They spent the last few weeks organizing a leadership coup instead of helping with the midterms.

A bunch of them were also low key super racist to a Hispanic woman who won a leadership position there.

What state are you in?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

"I am not a member of any organized party — I am a Democrat." - Will Rogers

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

The Glumslinger posted:

What state are you in?

Wisconsin. This was Walworth County.

The racist comments especially were pretty hurtful, I bit my tongue because it was a group of like ten ancient white guys but I was babysitting that woman's daughter in between helping with the ballot collection/counting. :smith:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Lightning Knight posted:

Join DSA?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

axeil posted:

Join DSA?

I go to DSA meetings but the nearest chapter is an hour away and it's hard to motivate myself to get up early Saturday morning to drive out to Milwaukee, especially because I've been struggling really bad with depression recently. I'm on meds now though.

When I move to Texas there will be a DSA chapter much closer.

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc

Mahoning posted:

Regarding Ohio turning permanently Red, I think that’s a bit premature and doesn’t take enough things into account. I think the biggest challenge is just the lack of quality Dem candidates here. The Democratic Party has been pushing dud after dud in statewide races for over a decade.

There’s just no bench and no opportunities for would-be young Democratic candidates. Fixing the gerrymander and opening up 2-3 more districts would help.

That said, Ohio will still vote blue for the right candidate. They did for Obama twice. But he’s literally the only thing close to an inspiring candidate that has been on the ballot here in a long time (ok and Sherrod Brown to a smaller degree). Ohio just needs a Beto to really inspire some young voters and create the next generation of politically active Dems.

I was thinking about that earlier, too, about how Ohio needs its own Beto. Purely as someone who goes around the entire state getting people excited to vote dem. They can even lose like Beto did, too, as long as they help bring life back into the party and flip positions in red counties that'd be unattainable otherwise. Hell, maybe Brown can be that guy, Ohioans like him. I'm not sure how much he actually campaigns, though; I've been staring at federal and nationwide poo poo since I got into politics, and I don't know too much about where I actually live.

Joe Schiavoni looks like a pretty good dude, too. Not sure if not being in office would hurt him, though. He'd have more time to build coalitions and start putting poo poo together, I'd think.

I guess we have 4 years to start finding some good people, at least. Pretty sure there's no state-wide elections until 2022.

This post made me think about college towns, so I looked up Ashland to see how they did and loving lol, rip my hometown, even Brown got creamed there. Maybe AU is chuddier than I remember.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

ColonelMuttonchops posted:

I was thinking about that earlier, too, about how Ohio needs its own Beto. Purely as someone who goes around the entire state getting people excited to vote dem. They can even lose like Beto did, too, as long as they help bring life back into the party and flip positions in red counties that'd be unattainable otherwise. Hell, maybe Brown can be that guy, Ohioans like him. I'm not sure how much he actually campaigns, though; I've been staring at federal and nationwide poo poo since I got into politics, and I don't know too much about where I actually live.

Joe Schiavoni looks like a pretty good dude, too. Not sure if not being in office would hurt him, though. He'd have more time to build coalitions and start putting poo poo together, I'd think.

I guess we have 4 years to start finding some good people, at least. Pretty sure there's no state-wide elections until 2022.

This post made me think about college towns, so I looked up Ashland to see how they did and loving lol, rip my hometown, even Brown got creamed there. Maybe AU is chuddier than I remember.

I mean, thats what a good Dem presidential candidate would do in 2020

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Getting way ahead of this thread here, but this is John Fetterman, Pennsylvania's newest LG. He ran for the Dem nomination for senate in 2016, primaried the acting LG earlier this year. He's a Sanders aligned guy and he'd be a great candidate to send that loving worm Toomey packing in '22.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Ego-bot posted:

Getting way ahead of this thread here, but this is John Fetterman, Pennsylvania's newest LG. He ran for the Dem nomination for senate in 2016, primaried the acting LG earlier this year. He's a Sanders aligned guy and he'd be a great candidate to send that loving worm Toomey packing in '22.

I remember seeing this guy's picture two years ago! He seems cool. :3:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

LK you should seriously consider creating a DSA chapter in your county if it’s too far for you to get to the other one in WI. I can’t imagine it would be that difficult to do so and since you’re in a college town it would be easy to build support l, I feel

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Carlosologist posted:

LK you should seriously consider creating a DSA chapter in your county if it’s too far for you to get to the other one in WI. I can’t imagine it would be that difficult to do so and since you’re in a college town it would be easy to build support l, I feel

I contemplated doing this last year tbh, but my campus leans centrist/Republican, is very white, and is very commuter oriented. The College Dems was only seeing about 50 people attending per week before the midterms, and the president of the College Dems is a socialist.

That and I'm moving out of state at the end of this calendar year so it would be a lot of effort and I am just not feeling it right now. :(

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

The Glumslinger posted:

I mean, thats what a good Dem presidential candidate would do in 2020

Not quite. Beto was specific to energizing Democratic communities in Texas and put a lot of effort into one state. a President can't do tha. Money poured into Texas because of betos campaign, a presidential campaign by it's nature has to spend across states, not only that but with multiple paths to victory the sort of obsessive focus needed to reenergize the Ohio Democratic party won't exist. Yes a strong presidential campaign can and will have coat tails, but it can't on its own change the politics of a state. Look at NC, FL and IN post 2008

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ego-bot posted:

dude looks like the bad guy from a superhero movie

like he's gonna turn into Two-Face

got the all-black all-caps poster and everything

if his policy positions are good then hell fuckin yeah go him though

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

dude looks like the bad guy from a superhero movie

like he's gonna turn into Two-Face

got the all-black all-caps poster and everything

if his policy positions are good then hell fuckin yeah go him though

Yeah my first thought is that that guy looks like he's about to talk about how much he hates the XMen or something

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

tiberion02 posted:

100% agree - I grew up in Youngstown and moved to Cleveland area for work (in politics no less) - he was starting to build some momentum among the Lake/Cuyahoga style Democrats and Progressive groups, right up until it became clear the ODP was 100% aligning itself behind Cordray. It was monumentally frustrating.

Also UCS Hellmaker - Lake County is 100% red now and has been trending that way for over a decade. I hate that - but its the reality. Worse yet, leftist progressiveness does not have a great draw in the more liberal enclaves of Lake County (west end W's, Mentor, Painesville, etc).

It can go blue again I know it :smith: the biggest thing is lake county is a huge manufacturing center and people tend to vote in ways that benefit that, we also for some reason have some of the highest property taxes in the state because we do vote for issues and Levy's that deep red places don't support. The Dem party just is a crapshoot.

We still aren't as bad as ashtabula at least :unsmith: Jesus the drug problems there are horrid and it's basically a white trash hellhole where you go in and never come out.

I will say one major issue still in the north East is rampant racism, I know of more then a few places that there is an unstated rule that they don't hire blacks. And latent racism against Hispanics who work in the nurseries in the state. The people here are getting older and dying off that perpetuate this at least.

Next year my wife finishes her medtech program and I'm hoping I can start going to the local Dem meetings.

UCS Hellmaker fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Nov 9, 2018

deety
Aug 2, 2004

zombies + sharks = fun

Grammarchist posted:

Haven't seen much about this in the headlines, and the idea of an elected judiciary is iffy in some respects, but apparently Dems did a lot better than expected in State Supreme Court Elections. Liberal, or moderate to the point of conservative distaste, candidates won in Arkansas, Nevada, New Mexico, North Carolina and Ohio. North Carolina in particular is pretty important given the GOP legislature's constant attempts to overthrow the currently Dem-aligned state court. Don't know enough about Arkansas or Ohio to comment, and I'd love to learn more if anyone has any insight.

http://www.governing.com/topics/politics/gov-democrats-2018-state-supreme-court-elections.html

My favorite part about that NC race was that the Republican loss may have been a result of their own shenanigans. The legislature cancelled our usual judicial primaries, which was expected to split the Democratic vote between several challengers to a Republican incumbent. Instead the Dems only ran one candidate, and a man who'd been a registered Democrat earlier this year updated his voter registration and got into the race with an (R) after his name. They tried to change the rules after the fact to strip that guy's party designation, but a judge slapped that down. The combined vote of both Republican candidates would have been enough to win the seat, but their blatant attempt to make the race less competitive screwed 'em over.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Ego-bot posted:

Nice try Billy Zane's less attractive brother

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

The Glumslinger posted:

Montana
Incumbent: Steve Daines (R)
Empty suit republican rear end in a top hat, CHUD, etc. Prevented Liz Warren from reading a letter during the Sessions confirmation hearings. Maybe Montana can magic up another Tester and beat this rear end in a top hat?

The current governor Steve Bullock is a term-limited Democrat whose terms ends in 2020, so he should be drafted. There's also another former governor named Brian Schweitzer who won twice.

Maybe it could be done?

quote:

HELENA - In vintage political theater in front of Montana's Capitol, Gov. Brian Schweitzer wielded three red-hot branding irons to burn "VETO" messages on some Republican bills Wednesday as a large crowd cheered him on.

Schweitzer emblazoned his "VETO" brand on seven paper bills attached to planks of wood that already had the bill numbers burned on them. The planks were hung on a display board. The worse the bill in Schweitzer's opinion, the larger the branding iron he used.

The bill papers would catch fire as the branding iron went through it to sear the wooden planks.

Ague Proof fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Nov 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

Ague Proof posted:

The current governor Steve Bullock is a term-limited Democrat whose terms ends in 2020, so he should be drafted. There's also another former governor named Brian Schweitzer who won twice.

Maybe it could be done?

That is absolutely the most Montana politics thing I have ever read.