Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the actual chain of events seems to have been one where both were applicable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
I'm never going to get used to there being a swiss soccer club (the best swiss soccer club last season, in fact) called the "young boys".

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ginsburg hospitalised :ohdear:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

pangstrom posted:

I'm never going to get used to there being a swiss soccer club (the best swiss soccer club last season, in fact) called the "young boys".

In Argentina there's a team called the old boys.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

ginsburg hospitalised :ohdear:

lol come on

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

R. Mute posted:

we lost an f-16 a couple of weeks ago after another f-16 shot it with training ammunition while on the ground somehow

go war

why does belgium have an air force

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

can a euro friend explain why the swiss ‘young boys’ football club have an english name

it’s not like they’re a new club or anything

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

sudo rm -rf posted:

because we are totally a serious country who plays with the big boys.

Alternatively: nato requirements.

no one said anything we needed a good air force.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum

pangstrom posted:

You mean the young boys whose home stadium is in the town of wankdorf, leading to the best headline ever written:

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

sudo rm -rf posted:

can a euro friend explain why the swiss ‘young boys’ football club have an english name

it’s not like they’re a new club or anything

so you don't confuse them with the other team, the old boys

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

who can explain the mind of the switzer

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

sudo rm -rf posted:

good question

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

did anyone see the it's always sunny finale?

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

twelve victims is a piss-weak shooting imo

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

R. Mute posted:

did anyone see the it's always sunny finale?

Yeah it's real good.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

StarkingBarfish posted:

You mean the young boys whose home stadium is in the town of wankdorf, leading to the best headline ever written:

wowsers

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

i looked up the belgian navy on wikipedia

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

sudo rm -rf posted:

i looked up the belgian navy on wikipedia

same here

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

R. Mute posted:

good question

I assume Randler would ask the same question

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

he looks like bad cgi

It's his head, it's normal sized and it's weirding me the gently caress out.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

StarkingBarfish posted:

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

sudo rm -rf posted:

most small nato militaries are in fact a form of feudal tribute to you lot, which is why we are so bad at disguising how rigged the competition is that we end up buying a less fit aircraft in ten years for five times the cost

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the loving f-35 makes me genuinely angry every time i think of it

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
healthcare for all: but how will we pay for it?!?!?

malfunctioning stealth fighters to drop laser guided bombs on Toyotas in the desert: are you saying we shouldn't pay for it, you scum!?!??!

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i should mention that this was before the cost of the jsf programme ballooned uncontrollably, at this point it's much more than five times as expensive as just buying the loving swedish planes would've been

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

V. Illych L. posted:

i should mention that this was before the cost of the jsf programme ballooned uncontrollably, at this point it's much more than five times as expensive as just buying the loving swedish planes would've been

Yeah but you have to put the swedish fighters together yourself

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

V. Illych L. posted:

not sure what's funnier that or the next round of aircraft carriers that would instantly become floating coffins in a real conflict and the dang things don't even work

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

V. Illych L. posted:

You dont find it amusing that they tried to sell planes that cant fly in cold weather to Canada, Norway and the Netherlands?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The 2018 midterm elections resulted in Democrats retaking control of the House and Michigan legalizing recreational weed, among other things — but residents of one Georgia county were more concerned with faux-Egyptian pillars and gigantic menus: A gated country club community outside of Atlanta sought to secede from its city because the residents claim they wanted to land a Cheesecake Factory.

The measure put to a vote in Henry County would have de-annexed approximately half of the city of Stockbridge, forming a new town called Eagle’s Landing. It failed to pass, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports, with 3,473 votes for and 4,545 against.

The attempted secession came shortly after Stockbridge elected a black mayor and an all-black city council, CityLab notes. The controversial plan would have seized swaths of prime real estate as well as the wealthiest taxpayers from Stockbridge, “leaving behind a smaller, mostly African American population with fewer resources to pay for Stockbridge city services.”

The folks behind the secession movement say it wasn’t racism fueling the charge, but rather, the desire for fancier chain restaurants. “I serve on the Henry County zoning board and so I kept seeing all of these places like Bojangles, Waffle Houses, dollar stores, and all this going up in our county,” Vikki Consiglio, the chair of the Committee for the City of Eagle’s Landing, told CityLab. “And I was like, why can’t we get a Cheesecake Factory, or a P.F. Chang’s or a Houston’s? We have areas that have high incomes, so what’s the deal?”

Consiglio claims the Cheesecake Factory won’t open in Stockbridge because the median household income — which in Stockbridge is approximately $55,000, versus the numerous six-figure-income households that reside in Eagle’s Landing — is too low. (The Cheesecake Factory would neither confirm nor deny that, and does not share its site-selection data.)

Since Election Day failed to make Eagle’s Landing residents’ dreams of a whiter, wealthier town come true, it seems they’ll have to continue dining at the country club for now.

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

i just found where the white-faced herons are nesting

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

avshalemon posted:

i just found where the white-faced herons are nesting

:stoked:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

V. Illych L. posted:

most small nato militaries are in fact a form of feudal tribute to you lot, which is why we are so bad at disguising how rigged the competition is that we end up buying a less fit aircraft in ten years for five times the cost

They’re also ways to ensure a permanent customer base for local companies. All your naval ships are built in Norwegian yards. Some of the parts for your F-35s will be built by Kongsberg.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Wait Belgium stayed in the F-35 program?

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Furnaceface posted:

Wait Belgium stayed in the F-35 program?

Hell yeah they’re getting them

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

These works have the potential to:
 Disturb or release any contaminated materials on the site;
 Disturb any rear end material; and,
 Mobilise sediments leading to increased erosion at the site.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

avshalemon posted:

Heh

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

avshalemon posted:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

avshalemon posted:

 Disturb any rear end material;

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
this morning i woke up to find out someone committed a mass shooting in my region, and that one of my coworkers knew someone there

then as i drove in to la to protest in support of the mueller investigation i noticed everything was on fire

now arriving back home i find things are even more on fire. what an absolutely lovely day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

this morning i woke up to find out someone committed a mass shooting in my region, and that one of my coworkers knew someone there

then as i drove in to la to protest in support of the mueller investigation i noticed everything was on fire

now arriving back home i find things are even more on fire. what an absolutely lovely day

:glomp: I'm sorry.