Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

know before Whom you stand
my therapist is encouraging me to move to crimea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

perepelki posted:

i find myself disagreeing with your therapist

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

perepelki posted:

reply to them with “crimea river”

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

cinci zoo sniper posted:

hmmm, fair point

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

cinci zoo sniper posted:

my rear end will cry you a river in a minute

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

so help me

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

the worst part is that i've put up with "you're russian? i'm rushin' too! rushin' here, there and everywhere! haw haw haw" all my life and now i've suddenly graduated to this new humiliation. i shouldn't have to put up with this. i deserve dignity

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Megillah Gorilla posted:

5000 years of cartography.

So, what is more likely:

1) Ancient China somehow mapped a continent under several kilometres of ice

2) It's bullshit

Magic is real rear end in a top hat

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Calm down there Harry, or it's back under the stairs with you.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

my teenage years were awkward too

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

my teenage years were awkward too
they're ridiculous at this age, it's my favourite

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
The USPol thread has the worst IK behavior and asking in QCS to be able to at least put them on ignore was met with a simple “ no it’s not planned” so I don’t know where else to ask the mods to look at it and address it. Arbitrary enforcement of rules, 40+ posts a day arguing with people while waving threats about “posting about posters”, etc. People constantly call them out but they just get hit with probes and the IKs continue to poo poo up the place. Majorian is the one that receives the most complaints and causes the most derails and multi page arguments. Can’t even report them because they immediately see it in the queue and clear it I assume.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Bottom Liner posted:

The USPol thread has the worst IK behavior and asking in QCS to be able to at least put them on ignore was met with a simple “ no it’s not planned” so I don’t know where else to ask the mods to look at it and address it.

I would suggest QCS. This is mainly a chill offtopic thread and if anyone's willing to discuss USPOL, it will probably be just to post "lol uspol".

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
my neighbors' chickens keep trundling over into my yard and it's cool and all and i like throwing random poo poo from my pantry at them, but for reference what sort of stuff should i be sure NOT to throw at them lest it make em sick. i don't want that

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit
Marjorans the only good IK lol

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Craig K posted:

my neighbors' chickens keep trundling over into my yard and it's cool and all and i like throwing random poo poo from my pantry at them, but for reference what sort of stuff should i be sure NOT to throw at them lest it make em sick. i don't want that

not beans. I think everything else that can make them sick is garbage.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Bottom Liner posted:

The USPol thread has the worst IK behavior and asking in QCS to be able to at least put them on ignore was met with a simple “ no it’s not planned” so I don’t know where else to ask the mods to look at it and address it. Arbitrary enforcement of rules, 40+ posts a day arguing with people while waving threats about “posting about posters”, etc. People constantly call them out but they just get hit with probes and the IKs continue to poo poo up the place. Majorian is the one that receives the most complaints and causes the most derails and multi page arguments. Can’t even report them because they immediately see it in the queue and clear it I assume.

IKs can't see the report queue :colbert:

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Cease to Hope posted:

not beans. I think everything else that can make them sick is garbage.

okay then, just making sure. most of it's been like from half-eaten boxes of like rice krispies and honey nut cheerios that have been in there for a month or so

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Chickens can eat almost anything from what I hear. They'll hunt and eat rats and mice. Also each other.

There is only one thought in their mad little heads, and it is 'AM DINOSAUR'

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
if the cursed ponytail mod and majorian can't whip this place into shape, maybe make discendo vox a mod so we can hit the pedantic trifecta

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
god drat, every time i think i've found the low of neir:automata the game just digs loving deeper

i'm a decent chunk of the way into the third route and this poo poo is just grim

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

that packet of pearl barley had a solitary chickpea in it

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
and that cickpeas name, was albert einstein

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
The lebanese-style pita you can get in some stores in the UK is way better than the UK style of 'pitta' IMO. It's circular, much thinner and less claggy. Puffs up nice in the oven.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Bottom Liner posted:

i agree, uspol should be closed

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

They government is thinking about banning music and singing from bars. I think this would actually increase the number of people who go to pubs that usually have karaoke.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

god drat, every time i think i've found the low of neir:automata the game just digs loving deeper

i'm a decent chunk of the way into the third route and this poo poo is just grim

The game has like 9 endings and only 1 is "good". I dont think Yoko Taro has a high opinion on humanity in its current state.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Furnaceface posted:

The game has like 9 endings and only 1 is "good". I dont think Yoko Taro has a high opinion on humanity in its current state.

last night i hit the point where the game goes "man look at this dumb poo poo who invested themselves into fostering the growth of the next generation"

i mean i had heard about drakkengard and nier's reputation for being utterly bleak, but this is some next level poo poo

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Playing neir and then the velen parts of witcher 3 back to back to break my brain

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

i have inadvertently moved to the heartland of ukrainian australia; it was a solid life choice

yesterday a guy came by to fix our pipes, within sixty seconds of his arrival he'd decided he liked us and was telling us about his plans for the apocalypse

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

is the ukraniam diaspora in australia also inexplicably right-wing or is that just canada and yankeetopia

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

there's a kind of hollow-eyed nihilistic optimism that really appeals to me

like we are always expecting the worse to happen, but that's ok, because we've foreseen the worst and planned accordingly and we are prepared

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

V. Illych L. posted:

is the ukraniam diaspora in australia also inexplicably right-wing or is that just canada and yankeetopia
from what i've seen there's a huge and potentially violent right-wing component across all age groups, but also lots of people who are just naturally chill on like an existential level, and a small but sparkling undercurrent of progressives who love everybody and are at war with the first group (but only within the bounds of the community, which means they yell at each other a lot on facebook and hopefully irl but don't like, do anything legally)

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

it's one of those cultures where i only have to meet the non-bigoted ones, because the bigoted ones will not speak to the likes of me with a transparency that, having grown up in a deeply passive-aggressively decorous racist society, i kind of appreciate

e: it also helps that all the war criminals went either to melbourne, where i am not, or way out into the desert, where i also am not

perepelki fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Feb 23, 2021

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

if the cursed ponytail mod and majorian can't whip this place into shape, maybe make discendo vox a mod so we can hit the pedantic trifecta

I hereby state, and mean all that I say, that I never have been and never will be a candidate for moderator; that if nominated by any goon, I should peremptorily decline; and even if unanimously elected I should implement a word filter replacing "Manchin" with "Fu Manchu".

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
If elected moderator, my first act will be to ban the lot of you, and permanently delete all forums.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

That's what I'd do, too

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020

now i get to spend two hours watching the bright sparks in my class figure out how to use a whole new video meeting software

currently we're getting an extreme close-up recording of somebody slurping their coffee

e: i was wrong, it was a dog licking the microphone

perepelki fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Feb 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

perepelki
Dec 11, 2020