Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

this morning i woke up to find out someone committed a mass shooting in my region, and that one of my coworkers knew someone there

then as i drove in to la to protest in support of the mueller investigation i noticed everything was on fire

now arriving back home i find things are even more on fire. what an absolutely lovely day

Hasnt California had basically negative rain in the last month? My family down there is kind of concerned since right now is typically very very wet where they live (Rancho Cucamonga).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

thanks for fixing the title

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

the absolute artistry of whoever it is who is orchestrating this whole tragicomedy

hallelujah

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Majorian posted:

Yeah it's real good.
it's one of those eps that makes me visit tviv just to confirm that they're still utterly incapable of understanding or enjoying anything

Furnaceface posted:

Wait Belgium stayed in the F-35 program?
was it ever really in doubt? not even massive scandals involving the military and our minister of defense withholding information on the issue and clearly loving with the whole process could slow it down. the question why we even need the planes was never asked, the other candidates never stood a chance, we're spending a couple of billion euros (who knows how many?) as a handout to the arms industry and so that the right wing here can feel like big strong boys who totally matter

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

quote:

One Paradise resident who fled the encroaching blaze told the Bee: "It was so hot. You could feel it."

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

gojm what are the fire management practices like in your neck of the woods? i want to study indigenous fire management techniques here

avshalemon
Jun 28, 2018

fire terrifies me

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Pirate Radar posted:

They’re also ways to ensure a permanent customer base for local companies. All your naval ships are built in Norwegian yards. Some of the parts for your F-35s will be built by Kongsberg.

what no hardly anything is built in norwegian yards

the frigate we managed to wreck yesterday was made in spain, our submarines are german and idk who makes our torpedo boats, but it's almost certainly not a norwegian company

it is true that our armament industry gets integrated into the supply chain for the f-35, but that only further strengthens the feudalism parallel in that the suzerain keeps control of their subjects through effectively giving private kickbacks to their clients out of the tribute

realistically there are far cheaper ways to subsidise the arms industry

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I was totally wrong about the “all” bit now that I double-check yeah

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I think I was thinking of your coast guard patrol vessels

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

avshalemon posted:

the absolute artistry of whoever it is who is orchestrating this whole tragicomedy

hallelujah

So happy I peaked in here to see this blessed image.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

https://twitter.com/sovietvisuals/status/1005042113111830531

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
tankies who are also tanks

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Cease to Hope posted:

tankies who are also tanks

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
i'm the four AFVs pretending to be tanks

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i'm the four AFVs pretending to be tanks

I’m the lack of the M36, M3 Medium, M24, and ooh uh the last would be hard, maybe the M22?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
M26 scores 2 out of 3 for me, so better than real astrology already.

Burgers need more than cheese tho.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

this morning i woke up to find out someone committed a mass shooting in my region, and that one of my coworkers knew someone there

then as i drove in to la to protest in support of the mueller investigation i noticed everything was on fire

now arriving back home i find things are even more on fire. what an absolutely lovely day

I hear there are "firenados" going on over there, stay safe.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

R. Mute posted:

it's one of those eps that makes me visit tviv just to confirm that they're still utterly incapable of understanding or enjoying anything

To be fair I was 100% certain the dance scene was a bit that was being played for laughs until like a minute into it. And then I suddenly realized, "Oh wait, this is both completely earnest and also really good."

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
avs set fire to that mickie d's, and god bless her

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

avshalemon posted:

gojm what are the fire management practices like in your neck of the woods? i want to study indigenous fire management techniques here

we use prisoners to fight fires for like, cents

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Furnaceface posted:

Hasnt California had basically negative rain in the last month? My family down there is kind of concerned since right now is typically very very wet where they live (Rancho Cucamonga).

sure it's dry, but no drier than it has been for most of the last fifteen years. this is the new normal

avshalemon posted:

it's honestly in a really frustrating state with tons of complicating factors. to put it very simply, the main focus is on hardening properties and infrastructure in vulnerable areas through buffer areas kept free of potentially flammable vegetation. the big problems with this is that a large part of it relies on owners putting in the time, effort and money to comply with these requirements, and that the areas that are vulnerable are rapidly expanding as climate change dries out and heats up our region

a possible solution to this is more widespread and aggressive use of controlled burns to safely deplete fuel, but continuous drought conditions, fears from the community, and regulatory inertia make this difficult if not impossible to implement

so now we're in permanent hellworld in which fires can breakout year round, in areas that have not traditionally hardened against them, all while communities continue to sprawl out further into the hinterlands. and the states only recourse seems to be efficiently evacuating people and then paying for rebuilding. climate change is already costing our state hundreds of millions if not billions of dollars a year just in this respect

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
simply rewrite the environmental laws which are diverting water uselessly into the pacific ocean

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
we would, but if we stop refilling the pacific then the gigantic moat we're maintaining around australia and new zealand will dry up and the inhabitants will escape

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/MarkArum/status/1060882019796836352

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUtsnXt-H80

can't keep this song out of my head

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Whom among us

https://twitter.com/marklowen/status/1061199406979076096?s=21

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

A friend of mine actually got to pull the old

:catholic: I'm the archbishop!
:) Pleased to meet you, I'm the official asking you for some form of official identification.

At the parish elections :newlol:

e: He was the official, not the bishop.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Majorian posted:

To be fair I was 100% certain the dance scene was a bit that was being played for laughs until like a minute into it. And then I suddenly realized, "Oh wait, this is both completely earnest and also really good."
yeah, i was kinda hoping they weren't going to play it for laughs from the start, but i have zero faith in the bravery of tv makers - glad i was wrong

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
https://imgur.com/gallery/i9Bqoop

Are we allowed to use these? Cause this would be real tempting.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Gatts posted:

No memes in dnd

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Gatts posted:

i have absolutely zero power here, but: no, you can't use those.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

R. Mute posted:

i have absolutely zero power here, but: no, you can't use those.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Gatts posted:

https://imgur.com/gallery/BXSq1

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
the rare hypercolor sea slug

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

fake news

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Gatts posted:

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Volkerball posted:

No memes in dnd