Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009
I had been playing guitar for years. My wife plays piano, but was jealous that my guitar was way more portable than her piano.

She got a got a cheap Luna ukulele after a few unsuccessful attempts at playing my guitar. Since it is way easier to fret than a steel string guitar, all she really needed to work on was strumming.

Coming from guitar, the uke is crazy easy to play and even more portable than a guitar, so I decided to get my own.

But i wanted something different and got a Kmise banjolele. Sounds like a banjo, plays like a ukulele. Followed some advice I found, and took off the back and shoved a rolled up wash cloth under the head by the neck. Also had to file the bridge a little to keep the A string from popping out.

Definitely recommend it to anyone who wants the sound of a banjo without going all in on a banjo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU