Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

I picked up a baseball board game called Bottom of the 9th. It's pretty fun! There are character cards with different traits for pitching or batting. There's dice, there's a rock-paper-scissor mental game to the pitching, and there's a speed roll-off mechanic with shouting.

When there's contact made, the two players immediately start rolling dice rapid fire. Whoever rolls a 6 first shouts "out" or "safe" and yes, you can shout the wrong one, and yes, it counts.

A majority of the gameplay comes from the two players putting down two chips. One labeled high/low, the other is inside/away. Every pitcher has a specialty pitch, say low and inside, that when thrown gives them some advantage. The batter might think he's going for that and puts his chips down as low and away. If he gets one or both right, now HE gets an advantage. I'm probably not doing the best job of explaining it, but it scratches some sort of itch for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread