Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Argh, I can hear the music in my head. It's a good thing you're so adorable, Recette, and that this game is very well designed, because the music will get inside your head and drive you crazy.

A pity Goons don't get to run the shop. Though then we'd probably be toast by week three at latest when we blow all our money on Beef Bowls.

eta: If we DO run the shop, I demand we go all out on Luxe. Show that so-and-so character how it's REALLY done.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Nov 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

quote:

B) You can’t evict somebody that quickly.

:eng101: Depends on your state in the US! In New Hampshire, it can be extremely fast, with a week or two of the seven day notice to quit. In Massachusetts, it can last months or even years.

quote:

Especially as Recette is the one who does all the actual work.

Hey now, she's invaluable later on in keeping track of bulk orders and other stuff.

If I could ask a favor for readability, could you italicize or bold your own commentary? It'd make it easier to follow and I'd very much appreciate it.

Night10194 posted:

If I remember right, hitting sales prices people see as reasonable also levels up the customer, which eventually leads to them having a bigger budget.

I really wish there was ever an incentive to actually haggle. A lot of the management is really fun and the game is charming as all heck but the actual negotiation is so absurdly weighted towards never haggling that it's just nuts.

Yeah, and they can end up with a huge amount more than their original budget. As for haggling, there's a place for it if you get a chain broken after 5-6 customers by that damned little girl.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

The trick with the little girl is to keep a bunch of relatively cheap items around even late into the game so that when she comes asking for a type of item (books and bracelets are her most common asks IIRC) you can sell her something she can actually afford on her tiny budget and not screw up your sales streak.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Xander77 posted:

By the late game the little girl should be dropping millions like it's not big deal.

Yeah, but in like week 2-3 is when she can mess with your leveling.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

There's a missing close italics bracket in the middle of the update at this line:

quote:

Yeah, Recette, really. I know it feels like the last one just ended, but we’ll just have to suffer through.

But thank you for putting in italics! It definitely improves the readability of the whole LP.

We've got only a couple tutorials left, and those really are the worst part of the game. The actual mechanics of running the shop are really well done. Also, people will almost always accept a first offer of 51% for their goods when selling to you, so if you don't mind missing on the near pin XP you can save some dosh that way. I personally do that because I have most of my cash invested in my goods for sale and don't leave a ton lying around for purchasing someone's heirloom ham sandwich.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Nov 12, 2018

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Truthkeeper posted:

Because buying something counts as a sale for the purposes of the sale chain XP bonus. So you have to grit your teeth and buy their ancestral family heirloom sandwiches.

Is the only other italics fix needed, I think. Pressing ctrl+I will italicize a selected set of text when posting, something I found invaluable in my own LPs.

Truthkeeper posted:

My main issue with the tutorials is that the game has to come to a screeching halt every time Tear wants to tell me how to do something. Not making them optional was a huge mistake. And for all the information that gets dumped on you, as we've established, so much of it is either misleading or flat out wrong that I almost feel like it would be better for the player to be thrown into the deep end with no instructions at all.

I'm not sure who would say it, maybe the guild master, but there should be another source of information on how building relationships with customers helps develop loyalty and willingness to spend more. Tear could even huff about how that's giving up much needed money in exchange for an uncertain future, but at least then the tutorials wouldn't be downright misleading. Also, yeah, autoskipping the tutorials would be really nice.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Huh, I replayed the game a few months back and I couldn't skip the tutorials but was using a new computer since I first played this in like 2012.

edit: I watched through those tutorials for nothing?! Shucks.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Nov 13, 2018

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Hey, Recette's got a peach tin in that box. Those things are like 2000 pix, she's rolling in dough!

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Treasures are always my downfall. I end up with a ton of inventory I can't move and which has devoured my liquidity, leaving me praying that people go on a binge for metal objects as the loan payment day draws near.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Well, if the customers pick them off the shelf specifically, they'll have the money to buy it. The problem is getting them to do that. The skinflints.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Caillou is such a little dingus.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Glazius posted:

Actually, the church is just hiring people to throw things into dungeons so they can also hire people to get them out again, thereby stimulating economic demand.

They better be doing this countercyclically.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Oh right, this loving rear end in a top hat. I'd almost forgotten about him (in part because I was locked in my store selling poo poo for the last week to make the 500k payment)

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I like Elan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

The Lone Badger posted:

No I don't mean "warrior specced in defense" I mean 60-ton armoured vehicles.

Those dungeons would be a lot quicker to get through if Charme was rolling in a modern Main Battle Tank with Chobham Armour.

Euria, on the other hand, is a dick.