Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
uhhh okay sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
helol it's me, Xad, definitely not scum. Please do not vote for me

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

28766f69642a2930 posted:

what the h*ck is ‘mafia’? I thought this was the dickyb spook thread

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
happ hallowen

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

yeah, can confirm. Neither of us are mason recruiters or made the masonry, we're both p confused as to why we're even in one. Unless DB is like...a scum mason recruiter and is lying but eh no reason to believe that right now

28766f69642a2930 posted:

:wrong:

it’s not christmas it’s...

IT IS FRIDAY OR MAYBE SATURDAY DEPENDING ON TIME ZONE

Podima posted:

##vote Xad it's christmastime get with the program

DB was/is spooked, christmas is no time for spookings

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
masonpals seems like a neato theme for a game

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

28766f69642a2930 posted:

whoa tat wasn’t me, whomever changed that votefinder alias is the real scum ##unvote

SolusLunes posted:

hey waaaaaaaaaaait a minute you tricked me, that's a vote for me, you monster birb

##unvote

28766f69642a2930 posted:

oh that’s okay then ##vote whoever

hmmmmm :thunk:

also yeah DB and I talked about the massclaim thing in our chat, we both agreed that it feels like it's too early. I've never been in a game where a massclaim actually happened though (at least not until there's like 4 people left), so I'm not sure I should be any kind of authority on that. Gut feeling is it would just give scum all the power roles as targets.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

28766f69642a2930 posted:

okay well I’ll wait for a better idea from solus and dickyb then

*dies of respiratory failure*

*brought back to life in a tank because we’ll have that technology by then*

*heat death of the universe*

*still waiting*

you could...play mafia? Instead of trying to "solve" the game d1

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Podima posted:

Hm. Xad why were you wondering if you should be worried about this vote:

I was asking DB in masonchat about DB's vote on birb, since it was after birb had voted for me and I wasn't sure if it was related or if DB had some secret n0 ability or something. It was not :v:

Everyone's still mostly shitposting, but

Toalpaz posted:

Actually I kinda have to say, I think pod is the type of person who fakes content by speculating about the game's set up until someone's dumb enough not to know one of their friends nicknames so they can jump on them.

That stuff asking for people's opinions on their mason friends and guessing the masonries doesn't mean anything, and actually knowing the composition of the masonies is easier with scum chat cause you're immediately working with your scum pals in other masonies to get the lay of the land.

##vote Pod

this is Definitely Not Shitposting and it feels like a bit of a stretch

I also don't like how much you (birb) were pushing for a massclaim on d1, even as a joke

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Well, there's 8 players, so I'd imagine there's...what, 2 scum? Wonder if they're in the same masonry or not. More likely they're spread out I think

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Podima posted:

help me understand because i'm not tracking - where do you get the concept of multiple masonries from "...so 4 masonries of 2 divide evenly"?

Didn't pretty much everyone claim their masonries in-thread? That'd actually be something good to check up on, one sec

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

SolusLunes posted:

So if we're looking for someone to lynch and I haven't seen any serious arguments or good reasoning for a target:

I suggest we start with the lurker who hasn't made enough posts to avoid lurker rules, or the one who's just barely over the threshold. e.g Beek or Xad.

I'm leaning towards Xad but since they'll be freely lynchable tomorrow if nothing changes:

##vote beek

smh are you seriously assuming I'm not gonna post even once before deadline, I haven't even voted yet!

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

28766f69642a2930 posted:

dickyb looks much scummier the longer they keep pushing me as a dunk candidate

I am hoping this isn't true because he's my only masonbud

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

28766f69642a2930 posted:

okay okay I’m not voting Toal asiina or pod

birb you've voted and unvoted for everyone except for pod and beek

who scum?

28766f69642a2930 posted:

dickyb looks much scummier the longer they keep pushing me as a dunk candidate

oh, answered my own question

BottleKnight posted:

This is the scummiest post I’ve seen in the thread and I think it’s p voteable

this is a good post

##vote Solus

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Oh poo poo lol

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
##unvote

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
##vote toal

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'll tell you this, I know something about Sol that if I were scum, I would be a complete idiot to kill him/her.

Sol was in all the masonries at one point.

If I knew that as scum, and I knew Sol was comfortable enough in his/her trust to share that with my masonry, then why wouldn't I have used that trust to fish out town PRs in my mason chat?

yeah this is all true

solus showed up in our masonry last night and told us that actually he was in EVERY masonry, and seemed to imply that he ONLY told us, and that he trusted that we weren't scum

then solus and DB agreed to cop each other to test for sanity

honestly I'd be more suspicious of DB if not for the fact that solus was in our masonry last night. Killing him seems like a reaaaal bad choice if DB is scum

BottleKnight posted:

because he knows he could get caught lying, and he would've been caught

i'm a tracker and i tracked dickyb to solus last night

occam's razor is on dickyb being the killer

this is a bit unsettling tho

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

BottleKnight posted:

gah this is bizarre

:agreed:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
I've been wondering the same thing all day and the only real point in his favor is that even when solus mentioned that he was in EVERY masonry, DB didn't try to get him to spill the beans on claims that may have been made, which would have been incredibly useful for scum. That, and the fact that killing solus INSTEAD of doing that as scum seems like a mistake, BUT knowing that solus and DB had agreed to cop each other, you'd kinda HAVE to kill Solus or be prepared to argue that he's an insane cop

solus seemed pretty sure that if there were only 2 scum, they definitely weren't in the same masonry, and probably weren't me and DB, because me and DB had claimed to each other, and nobody else had

granted, DB didn't bring up his role until after solus claimed cop, so that's not exactly a point in DB's favor

if DB was the only player seen going to Solus, then it seems incredibly likely that it was DB, otherwise there's a ninja NK, but I don't know how likely that is in a game this small

I'm all for a massclaim at this point, I think

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
other thought: beek could be lying about seeing DB visit solus, beek didn't mention it until AFTER DB said that he had copped solus

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
oh right beek is a TRACKER, not a watcher. So DB could have actually gone to solus, and beek saw it, but that doesn't mean DB had to have killed solus (or that there's a ninja)

fuk

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

28766f69642a2930 posted:

I watched you & beek visit dickyb haha

yeah I docced the wrong claimed cop :negative:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Okay, so so far we have:

28766f69642a2930: watched DB, saw Xad and beek
Asiina: ???
BottleKnight: tracked DB to Solus
Dick Bastardly: copped Solus, got a town result
Podima: ???
Solus: Copped DB, died
Xad: Doc DB, success

and Toal was a PGO

if everyone is telling the truth, Pod and asiina are scum

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Xad posted:

because me and DB had claimed to each other, and nobody else had

this part isn't true! Solus said he saw asiina and birb claim to each other

a little surprised you didn't call me out on that

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

28766f69642a2930 posted:

what if there are no scum :iiam:

then who killed hannibal solus???

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Dick Bastardly posted:

Good catch, I must've glossed over that bit.

Not looking good for pod.

##vote Podima

what made you choose pod over asiina?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Asiina posted:

Yeah, I don't trust that there are two cops and I think Solus forced DB's hand.

##vote DB

do you think pod could be the last scum, then?

Right now I think it's either DB/Pod or Asiina/Pod

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'm gonna be honest I totally forgot that Asiina claimed VT in thread.

:same: honestly

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
I'm not voting until beek (and Pod) weigh in

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Dick Bastardly posted:

Vote for the common denominator, you'll be glad you did I'm fairly certain.

this is a little pushy, especially when there are over 24 hours left in the day

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Dick Bastardly posted:

There isn't really much more to do than vote me and give me my sweet release.

Doing so however will kill a sane cop, but y'all do you.

My scum picks are birb (early gut feels) and Asiina (claimed VT but I think could be a ninja)

Nobody watched Solus, there doesn't need to be a ninja for you to have not done the kill

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Dang welp, this was a really cool setup, thanks for hosting Kashuno, gg everyone

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
DB why the dang heck did you fakeclaim cop like what the actual gently caress lol

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Asiina posted:

I love that it was a totally fabricated case that Solus joining the masonry and suggesting they investigate each other ended up trapping DB into killing him, but that's what actually happened. :allears:

An interesting setup. I think in a small game having guaranteed one scum only per masonry does make it pretty solvable, but I do like the idea of lonely masons getting to hang out with everyone else.

I couldn't doc myself, so by claiming D2 I was basically already dead unless we lunched scum :v:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Kashuno posted:

Yeah when you mentioned that idea I was like drat that is a cool idea with this

I dunno how I feel about de-masoned folk getting to chill with everyone. I don’t want them to be solo, but I want them to not have full backlogs. I’ll weigh it some more

the Death Note game had neato mechanics like this, since everyone wasn't necessarily in a discord channel with their own alignment, and nobody knew who anyone was except the scum/death note peoples I think

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Toalpaz posted:

I nailed scum and was cruelly ridiculed by town for speaking the truth.

I also named both of them and then dickyb murdered himself because he fakeclaimed cop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Toalpaz posted:

Basically, I think people are so wrapped up in the style of a post (the best scum post to make is one that cool and smug because town assumes that's innocence for some reason) that they refuse to look at intentionality. Idk, just trying to understand what was so bad about my d1.

if you ever see me responding to a post with nothing but a simple "lmao" know that I am definitely scum and you should vote for me

• Locked thread