Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
in for a penny in for a pound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Toalpaz posted:

Okay.... Pod... if youre really town whats town alignment called>...?

I've resolved that I'll only call other players dumb once each during this game, so we can get yours out of the way early! :sun:

:ramsay:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Xad posted:

happ hallowen

##vote Xad it's christmastime get with the program

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

guys

guys

i have a take....

mafia bad.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

this does not count as my one time for asiina since it's dril saying it just fyi, i'm sure i'll need to save hers for later

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Mysterious masonry crew checking in, in retrospect it makes sense since this is an even-numbered game like a temple soldiers game.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
saturday morning snype

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SolusLunes posted:

what's a temple soldiers game

Open setup that TNL runs now and then which consists of 12 players making up 6 unconfirmed masonry pairs. There's additional mechanics involving challenging between pairs but the masonries are what I was comparing.

I think this is the last one that happened: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3824349

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SolusLunes posted:

birb are you admitting to being asiina's masonbud

why this line of inquiry

---

my masonbud, beek, is okay

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

28766f69642a2930 posted:

this feels odd to me because your masonbud, beek, hasn’t really posted

this is true, but we did chat a bit in masondoc - i prodded him about whether his early push on dickb was sincere (i still don't love it) but his response was enough for me to set it aside for now.

so the masonries are what, dickb/xad, me/beek, birb/asii, toal/solus? Toal/Solus, anything to comment on from your masonry?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Bastardly posted:

Xad and I discussed votes and set up spec

gonna share with the class? interested to hear this vote analysis

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Bastardly posted:

I think birb's vote on Xad was bad and that's why I voted birb and Xad asked me if I thought he should be worried about birb's vote and I said "nah"

that's basically it

Hm. Xad why were you wondering if you should be worried about this vote:

28766f69642a2930 posted:

pod’s silence is damning ##vote xad

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Toalpaz posted:

my thinking was if they weren't posting they were using scum and mason chat exclusively.

this is not an organic opinion in an 8 person game wtf

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
##vote toal it rhymes kinda

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
"hmm this person beek i don't know has not been posting so they must only be talking out of thread"

it's an 8 person game and you think someone has not posted at all since the start of it?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

i suppose i would like you to quote specific posts and maybe even bold particular statements where you think pod is faking content b/c im not seeing it and i'd like you to prove it instead of just vaguely gesturing at his posts

hey Toal you should answer this, it's a good question!

28766f69642a2930 posted:

it seems like the kind of thing I’ve seen town Toal do tbh

you're not wrong! but now I want to see if they have the chops to back up their aspersions flung willy-nilly

SolusLunes posted:

So if we're looking for someone to lynch and I haven't seen any serious arguments or good reasoning for a target:

I suggest we start with the lurker who hasn't made enough posts to avoid lurker rules, or the one who's just barely over the threshold. e.g Beek or Xad.

I'm leaning towards Xad but since they'll be freely lynchable tomorrow if nothing changes:

##vote beek

on the other hand, this is real bad - just brushing off everything posted thusfar to make it a postcount numbers game. ##vote soluslunes

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Toalpaz posted:

I floated the idea of multiple masonies to him in our mason chat, because it wasn't in both of our role pee ems and a masonry in such a small game would have been odd unless everyone was a masonry. and 2/8 so 4 masonries of 2 divide evenly.

help me understand because i'm not tracking - where do you get the concept of multiple masonries from "...so 4 masonries of 2 divide evenly"?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
##unvote

I'd vote DickB or Toal.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Bastardly posted:

Sol is either right about set-up, or a lying sack of scum

what even is this

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Not worth dunking one of the cop claims to test it yet, I prefer to revisit after the night's results.

##vote toalpaz is back where I'm at.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Votecount for Day 1

Toalpaz (3): 28766f69642a2930, 28766f69642a2930, 28766f69642a2930, Podima, Asiina, 28766f69642a2930, Podima, BottleKnight, Podima
Podima (1): Toalpaz
BottleKnight (1): SolusLunes
Xad (0): 28766f69642a2930, 28766f69642a2930, Podima, Podima
28766f69642a2930 (0): Dick Bastardly, Dick Bastardly
Dick Bastardly (0): 28766f69642a2930, 28766f69642a2930
SolusLunes (0): 28766f69642a2930, SolusLunes, SolusLunes, 28766f69642a2930, Podima, Xad, 28766f69642a2930, 28766f69642a2930, Podima, Xad

Not Voting (3): 28766f69642a2930, Dick Bastardly, Xad

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 12th, 2018 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 40 minutes.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'll tell you this, I know something about Sol that if I were scum, I would be a complete idiot to kill him/her.

Sol was in all the masonries at one point.

If I knew that as scum, and I knew Sol was comfortable enough in his/her trust to share that with my masonry, then why wouldn't I have used that trust to fish out town PRs in my mason chat?

Dick Bastardly posted:

we also agreed to cop each other to test sanity

Dick Bastardly posted:

Xad can verify all of this

This feels both prepared and desperate. What, did DB find out Solus was going to cop him and decide to go for the big play?

Would vote DB.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I can confirm Solus was in our masonry and didn't mention being anywhere else.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hello! I'm a Backup that inherited Toal's PGO.

I don't like that DickB, the guy tracked to the kill, immediately hopped onto pushing the unclaimed people as a secondary option as the field started to narrow.

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'm still at work, but in an hour or two I'm deffo re-reading pod and asiina thoroughly.
Hell, re-read everyone thoroughly.

Xad posted:

this part isn't true! Solus said he saw asiina and birb claim to each other

a little surprised you didn't call me out on that

He doesn't even bother to apply critical thinking to Asiina's claim, instead simply going for the next path of least resistance without any further justification.

Dick Bastardly posted:

Good catch, I must've glossed over that bit.

Not looking good for pod.

##vote Podima

---

Dick Bastardly posted:

I still intend to re-read when I have a better opportunity but so far looks like Xad is Pod's bane this game

Also I want to see DickB follow through on this "re-read" of me, I still think he's the scum looking for the easiest way to distract people.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

Yeah I think it could be DB/Pod.

Let me run through possible combinations.

Birb is my friend (also his results have come through) and I know I'm not scum, so scum must be spread out between the remaining two masonries.

BK+Pod and Xad+DB

BK/DB: Unlikely since why would BK bus his scumbro like this.
Pod/DB: Maybe
BK/Xad: Xad and BK visited DB so not possible
Pod/Xad: Pod could have killed Solus and Xad did ??? to DB, this is kinda unlikely though since nothing bad happened to him.

Yeah, so it looks like the scum team is DB/Pod.

idc which one we vote

This assessment conveniently leaves out two possibilities - that you're scum, or that scum had a sham masonry in addition to their scumchat as a safeguard against what I assume is people who lose their masonbud join the other masonries, now that we know Solus joined all remaining masonries briefly.

It's secondary to the DB thing at hand, but I don't want people to take the way Asiina's laid it out as concrete facts.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Xad posted:

I've been wondering the same thing all day and the only real point in his favor is that even when solus mentioned that he was in EVERY masonry, DB didn't try to get him to spill the beans on claims that may have been made, which would have been incredibly useful for scum. That, and the fact that killing solus INSTEAD of doing that as scum seems like a mistake, BUT knowing that solus and DB had agreed to cop each other, you'd kinda HAVE to kill Solus or be prepared to argue that he's an insane cop

solus seemed pretty sure that if there were only 2 scum, they definitely weren't in the same masonry, and probably weren't me and DB, because me and DB had claimed to each other, and nobody else had

granted, DB didn't bring up his role until after solus claimed cop, so that's not exactly a point in DB's favor

if DB was the only player seen going to Solus, then it seems incredibly likely that it was DB, otherwise there's a ninja NK, but I don't know how likely that is in a game this small

I'm all for a massclaim at this point, I think

Also I am glad you started playing today, I was semi-casing you in my masonry on D1 to Beek and Solus on N1 but this is good. I'm skeptical that DB would have been ballsy enough to try and press Solus when you were right there, and it makes more sense that he would simply go for cutting the Gordian Knot since a townie in every masonry (which he told you two and nobody else) is a huge boon for town in terms of information gathering. That would have been a lot to bring to the table today.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
We did it! :toot:

I was a Ninja/Juggernaut (my choice) and Asiina was a Godfather.

Asiina and I submitted a kill on DB Night 1 (ninja) and were VERY CONFUSED about mysterious redirection hijinks when Solus died instead - we never even considered that an 8 person game with a scumteam of 2 would also have a SK.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I think this setup would have been fun with dual SKs personally!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Toalpaz posted:

I nailed scum and was cruelly ridiculed by town for speaking the truth.

You named us both on D1 lol

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Yeah when you mentioned that idea I was like drat that is a cool idea with this

I dunno how I feel about de-masoned folk getting to chill with everyone. I don’t want them to be solo, but I want them to not have full backlogs. I’ll weigh it some more

The effort-intensive (but not really) way to do it is to create new masonry channels for each day so that newcomers don't get the previous day's backlog.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

28766f69642a2930 posted:

Toal remember that most of the people who voted you weren’t on your team, and it was in their interests to vote you

don’t worry too much about it

Yeah this is accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
That looks good! How was it?

• Locked thread