Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
I like Wolf 359, because I've heard of it and it makes me curious about why I've never heard of Wolves 1-358.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

joke_explainer posted:

gently caress, dude, you're gonna be so bummed out in like 400 years
Is that when I hear about the final missing one of Wolves 1-358?

roomforthetuna

joke_explainer posted:

I’m sorry. It was a poorly crafted joke based on Star Trek: The Next Generation, a popular television series in the late 80s and 90s, sci fi set in the far future. The season 3 cliffhanger featured a devastating battle that doesn’t go well for the protagonists at Wolf 359.
I enjoyed this very much indeed in conjunction with your username. :golfclap:

roomforthetuna

Twenty Four posted:

contractually obligated to still make a show called "Stargate".
Similarly, in the early days of cinema the actors names were obliged to be censored in the end credits as part of the actor anonymity contract, and the characters of their names were replaced with stars, eg. Charlie Chaplin would be credited as ******* *******.

One studio worked around this by announcing at the beginning of the movie whose names were going to be "starred", hence the phrase "starring Charlie Chaplin". It turned out that having their names known was to the actors' benefit, so the anonymity clause has been removed from the standard acting contract, but the term "starring" lived on.