Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hito
Feb 13, 2012

Thank you, kids. By giving us this lift you're giving a lift to every law-abiding citizen in the world.
I want to try out whatever the "most competitive" variant is; ie, if someone was going to run a Fujoshi tournament, whichever settings would be chosen for that.

But if that's not really well-defined yet then I can just defer my vote and leave it to the others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hito
Feb 13, 2012

Thank you, kids. By giving us this lift you're giving a lift to every law-abiding citizen in the world.
I guess I will third Standard/No Yandere then! But I will also do the bookkeeping that would be done for Soft Triangles to see if it would make a difference in the end.

hito
Feb 13, 2012

I'm going to write out my rationale for certain choices in-thread as spoiler so Gutter Owl can see how at least one new player thinks. Other players in game, please use honor system and don't read the spoilers.

I'll look at Red's outermost desires.

If no one manipulates focus (a big if for player 4, granted), I end up on Yellow. But the only gifts are the accessories, and we already see two in the bank. It's pretty dangerous to go for one, since whenever someone plays one, another player is guaranteed to be able to counter it. This might lead to a weird standoff where no one takes one at all! (If it looks like that's happening, I might use it on a red herring hoping to have it countered and mislead people.).

Going one focus after default is probably smart anyway, though - it means I'm good if one person moves focus once, and if no one does and I REALLY want to use that person it's only 100. There's also two athletic cards in the bank and a Sports Team club drive. So I think I'll choose Red so I know who a good target for her is. Then I can try to learn her targets Secret desire later.

hito
Feb 13, 2012

Alright, now my spoilers where I write thought process for GO/spectators include info I got from PMs, so please REALLY don't hover if you're another player in the game. :)

I'm going to spend 1 coin to burn the leftmost Fashionable Accessory and start a Rumors round on Orange's outermost desire.

For spectators: my ships are Red/Orange, Indigo/Green, and Orange/Yellow, in that order. Red's secret desire is Prefers the Best.

The move by Chaotic Flame is heartening - it's a move I was planning, so there's a chance he has the same Red/Orange ship I do. Rare Pair is nice and all but having someone else hustle for your #1 ship is nice too. Not gonna try to read too much into Some Numbers / El Fideo's plays, they could mean a lot of things.

I have basically four moves here that I see:

1.) Green gives Indigo the accessory. It's just for the point for giving a gift, not because it matches the desire, so I'm not heartbroken if someone uses the secondary power to deny it. This only costs 100 yen because of pocket change.
2.) Green gives YELLOW the gift as a bluff. Misleads people about my ships and hopefully scares someone else into investing to clear it. Because yellow cares about gifts this is the most likely play to get denied. But I'm not sure if there's mechanical value in bluffing this much. This also only costs 100 yen.
3.) Green studies with Indigo. This costs 400 yen, which is a lot, but it makes Indigo love Green AND puts them closer together, so it's a power move.
4.) Just fire Rumors to get to the bottom of Orange, Green, or Indigo. It's a decent round to rumors because I can buy while only paying 1 coin and trashing something I don't want, and the sellers don't make too much money.

I'll do 4. 3 is tempting because it's a lot of value, but I bet I can make the same play for cheaper somewhere down the line.

hito
Feb 13, 2012

Gutter Owl posted:

hito, your thoughts are incredibly helpful for playtesting, and I'm very grateful for them! However, I'd prefer you PM me your thoughts, and I can include them for spectators in the postgame writeup. That way no one has to worry about accidental cheating.

Would that work for you?

Sure.

I'll buy.

hito
Feb 13, 2012

Sell.

hito
Feb 13, 2012

I'll hold on to my filthy riches for now and do a cheap play.

Move Focus twice to Green (-200), then use Study Together (free due to Club Drive). I'll move her adjacent to Indigo.

hito
Feb 13, 2012

At least in my case, I assumed that moving adjacent meant that siding still had to be respected between the two characters, so that I was compelled to do right side. In this case, I'll do right side even if not compelled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hito
Feb 13, 2012

I'm a try-hard playing this for the mechanics and not the theme, so I'd quite prefer to do the new version, and I'm happy to stay on for a relaunch.

• Locked thread