Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dancer
May 23, 2011
It's a goddamn travesty that Jan Gustafsson isn't doing the chess24 stream. I'd much rather have him instead of Grishchuk (I say as a 1200 player, please feel free to ignore me :v:) (and yes I know it's because he's almost certainly helping out Magnus).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Flayer posted:

A little depressing to see Carlsen play to a draw so easily from that position by move 34. This is an ultra conservative mentality and is very boring to watch. There was no obvious path to win on the board but young Carlsen would have at least tried.

Maybe he's aiming for them rapid tie-breakers :v: .

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Quick note for who isn't following via chess 24, the stream has consistently gotten better throughout the match. The hosts were a bit awkward at the beginning, and Sopiko was kinda side-lined a lot (partially understandable I guess, the two others are simply better players) but now they've all gotten used to each other as a group, and also figured out a way to treat Sopiko's contributions more seriously (even though there are still occasions where she suggests something that's "obviously wrong" to the others).

• Locked thread