Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Dear Santa,

I've a good little pagan the last year and I'm ever so grateful for all that have happened this year.

Gift Preferences: The quickest and easiest thing I can want for Christmas would be a bottle of Mikeller Black, but I can't seem to find it; if there's something like that I'll take it. Beyond booze, Anything Glorantha or CD's with trance, downtempo, or hip-hop. Beyond that, language books would be accepted, except for French and Spanish.

General Location: Northern Colorado, but things get weird.

Solemn Vow: Not once have I Grinched even as I was Santa for multiple people. That's not gonna change for this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm all caught up! Including Ettin. But not AnAnonymousIdiot, but they only just posted.

We're up to 28 goons so far. I'd love to pull a few more in before the deadline if possible. That would be merrier.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

It's been another crummy year, but I'm back and can participate this time around

Gift preferences:
  • If you've always wanted to do the hand made or unique gift thing then good news, I'm your guy! I like interesting things, anything legal in Australia; I really enjoy reading, I like cool and interesting things or treats from around the world. My dog Casper wants to let you know he's looking forward to opening and inspecting the box for me.
  • This is my BGG collection, DTRPG wishlist, and miniatures collection (check the tabs, they're colour coded by genre), this should give you some idea of what I already have, what I might want, and what armies/collections might need expanding. I also like cool things like dice bags, dice towers, or other neat and unique storage solutions for everything. If you think there's a mini one of my armies needs to have, go for it, I especially like creatively using altnerative minis in Kings of War. I also like to build hobby kits, 1/35 for armour, 1/48 for fighters to medium planes, 1/72 for large bombers, and any scale for ships (1/350 and 1/700 are the most common), plus Gundams are always fun. Alternatively, if there's a different game you think I might like, or some bit of gaming, modeling, or painting kit I might need, feel free to expand my horizons! Also my Amazon.co.uk wishlist (because Australian amazon majorly blows), but it's more of a general list of things rather than TG specific.
  • Maybe not: I'm set for paint brushes thanks to the Oath Thread. I'm also set for Deadzone and Warpath, and I have two big boxes of Reaper Bones 2 and 3, with Bones 4 on the way next year. I don't need any dice, either. Also no CCGs, and none of the goon identified "bad games" like Munchkin, Exploding Kittens, etc. I can't see a way to share my small RPG collection like above, but I have Apocalypse World 2nd, everything from the FATE Core kickstarter, Fragged Aeternum/Empire/Seas, Tiny Frontiers, Innocents, Hunt The Wicked, Inverse World, Legacy 2nd, Tachyon Squadron, and Corporia, because sometimes I get on KS when I'm feeling down. I don't have an RPG group, so any RPG would have to be a good read.

General Location: Adelaide, :australia:

Solemn Vow: I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of Santa, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the TG Secret Santa.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Nov 16, 2018

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Well, I will stand and be counted!

Gift Preferences: I play Bolt Action (British Commandos & US Airborne), so I'd happily take some more miniatures to add to my forces there. I'm looking to get into 40k 8th Ed, so some of the appropriate rulebooks would definitely be appreciated. The army/armies I'm building are Primaris Space Marines, Deathwatch and Imperial Guard, so I'd also appreciate some miniatures for those, although when it comes to IG Infantry, I'd request Mantic GCPS instead, since I'm already using those as proxies (although a Chimera would be nice).

Solemn Vow: I successfully avoided Grinching 100% of the time I've done this in the past, and I shall not start now!

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Gift Preferences: I loved having a board game enthusiast pick out a board game for me last year. It was really cool. I would like that again this year if possible.

Here is my BGG list of games I own:

https://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/NimSim?own=1&subtype=boardgame&ff=1

General Location: OH, USA

Solemn Vow: I will not grinch my Santee. I will neither send them a bootleg of 2018’s hit holiday film The Grinch, nor will I not send them a gift at all. For realsies.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
Gift Preferences: I have a stupidly silly collection of books (like into the thousands), but Trail of Cthulhu books could be interesting as my Gumshoe stuff is all Night's Black Agents. Likewise the new TORG and Spire is meant to be good so that's interesting. I can't find one bag of my dice at the moment, so as i'm running Delta Green again and stealing my player's dice for it, then that could go down well. Also if you're completely stuck, an awesome toy for my giant malamute that he won't destroy in under 17 minutes would make him happy.

As my next 2+ years of gaming is sorted with Delta Green and Star Wars, anything rpg-related you think would be a good read that's come out in the last couple of years (before that I was just buying anything I was interested in) would be great in general or quick easy board games for the occasions we're short-handed and want something fun to play and don't want to spend the time to unpack Gloomhaven. Ohh and I love cooking for my gaming group every week, so a cooking book also go down well as I read them for fun, though maybe something more regional than typical British/French/Italian which I have far too many of.

Definitely no D&D, Anime, White Wolf or and I have way too many unpainted miniatures I should really sell off, so no miniature/painting stuff. No Dongs.

General Location: Rule Britannia (United Kingdom)

Solemn Vow: I will not Grinch and will send my package via our wonderful Royal Mail at a speedy delivery anywhere in the world (until it gets to the other end at least). Am also happy to Ungrinch.

PST fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Nov 17, 2018

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Gift Preferences: I have far too many games, most of which I will never play because I am a shut-in. I have hopes for my children, however, and would be thrilled to get either RPGs or board games for them. They're 3 and 1.5, for reference, and we already have Candyland, Chutes & Ladders, Hi-Ho Cherry O and Don't Spill the Beans. I'd prefer some more off-beat games that aren't the usual Hasbro-style stuff but I'm flexible and the kids are not nearly as snobby. :)

They're just getting to the age where unwrapping things is fun because they're things inside the wrapping, too, so it'll be even more fun. :)

General Location: Eastern US

Solemn Vow: By the ears of the All-Father, I will not grinch!

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.
Gift Preferences: (in descending order of specificity) Tiny Epic Galaxies: Beyond the Black, either of the map expansions for the Firefly Board Game, cool PbtA games that aren't Fellowship, kickass dice, weird RPG supplements from the eighties and nineties.

I solemnly swear that I shall not Grinch.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012
Let's do it! Let's have some fun!

Gift Preferences: As far as TG interests, I'm mainly into indie RPGs and non-CCG card games these days. I also have a small collection of board games, but don't do much in the way or minis or wargaming. A physical gift would be preferred (POD ok). In fact, if you're the crafty sort, feel free to go nuts making something!

I tend to favor games that satisfy a tactical itch. I've gotten into Warhammer Underworlds recently and Netrunner has been my jam for a while now, but I have everything I need on those fronts. Before that it was D&D 4E. PbtA's always pretty good as well, but I believe I have copies of most of the really stellar games from that lineage. A lighter board game that supports 5+ players that my weekly RPG group could play on non-campaign weeks would be appreciated, if you want to go that route. My BGGeek & RPGGeek lists should be up to date, if you want to check a gift idea against them or try to get a better feel for my tastes.

Please, no dice, Reaper Bones, Munchkin-likes, WotC products, or support for industry dirtbags.

General Location: Merry-land, USA

Solemn Vow: I swear, by Monte Cook and the stars in the sky, your gift will be there. For better (not worse), till mid-JAN do us part, I'll gift you with every bit of my smarts. I swear.

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011
GIFT PREFERENCES
I play 40k (IG, Orks, Death Watch, Ad Mech), Team Yankee (East German), and Bolt Action (USSR and German). I like weird and unusual stuff. Paints and brushes are a good idea.
Unit patches, insignia etc. are cool and good. Food and Dongs? Sure, why not.

OATH
I have not Grinched yet, nor will I allow myself to do so.
This I do swear.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm caught up again!

We have 36 goons signed up to exchange 39 presents.

Just a note: I intend to wait fairly late tomorrow before processing the list and sending out everyone's Santees, and there's a chance I'll wind up doing it Sunday instead, because I may have an engagement Saturday evening. If so, please don't panic. :)

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Gift preferences: Any Carcasonne expansions besides the River. Two player board games besides 7 Wonders Duel and One Deck Dungeon. The World Wide Wrestling Roleplaying game I'm fine with this being POD. Keyforge started pack. A High Grade (HG) Gundam kit besides Master Gundam and his horse. Art book of stained glass. I don't really play any minis games or CCGs. I also really don't want food or dongs.

Location Wisconsin

Solemn Vow I love Dr. Suess, but will never turn into the Grinch.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Gift Preferences: I like good food, new Fantasy and Sci-Fi books I haven't read, and Steam gifts, tho I prefer at least some physical component over a purely digital Christmas even if it's only a bag of chocolate or something. Gotta open presents, man. Steam ID is same as my forums name.

General Location: Baton Rouge, LA

Solemn Vow: I am no grinch, sir.

Also major props to my santa last year who sent the Virga series. It was extremely good.

Rhjamiz fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Nov 26, 2018

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

IT HAS BEGUN

Alright folks, I'm cutting off sign-ups for the main round now! I will be sending out emails with Santee assignments for the next hour or two.

Of course, anyone can still sign up, because we'll be starting the first LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND momentarily - I'll post instructions when that kicks off.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Alright kids now it's time for
LIGHTNING BONUS ROUNDS!

Lightning bonus rounds are how you take part in the Trad Games Secret Santa thing after the deadline for the main round is passed. It's also how you can be greedy and exchange more than one present with your fellow goons!

Beginning today (November 17th), and continuing until no later than December 10th, we will have a series of extra bonus rounds and YOU can participate. The LIGHTNING BONUS ROUNDS work a lot like the main round. All of the rules apply except for the deadline for application. Re-read the rules in the OP just in case you forgot them.

OK so to sign up I post in the thread and send you an email?
Correct. You must do this even if you participated in the main round. Post in the thread. If you already participated in the main round you can link to your original post or just quote it to show your gift preferences. You must send an email to tgsecretsanta@gmail.com as well; if you already sent one this year I don't need your address again, but I do need another email regardless. My response to that email is your only confirmation that you've successfully signed up.

What then?
I will end each LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND according to whichever of the following things happens first:
  • 8 people sign up
  • 7 days have passed and at least 3 people signed up
  • We reach December 10th

Once each round closes I'll randomize the participants in the round and you all exchange gifts. You immediately fire off a Trad Games Present at your Santee, and they do the same! And of course the instant one LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND ends, the next one begins.

What about international shipping? :ohdear:
You can still tell me you prefer not to ship internationally – if it's impossible for you, let me know and I'll try to make sure that doesn't happen. But if you live outside the US it's probably required to ship internationally. Bear in mind that you can always buy something online from a store that operates in your target country and thereby avoid expensive shipping costs. (You might have to pay a currency exchange fee but that is typically much less money.) If I get a pool that contains nobody else in your country, I will contact you to check if you'd rather sit out to the next round.

It's better though if LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND participants can all ship internationally. Remember, you can always just order something online from the destination country: you usually just need a credit card.

So then what's the shipping deadline?
Of course, as we close in on Christmas day, you will have less and less time in which to accomplish purchase, shipping, and delivery. You'll have to pick an appropriate delivery option and be certain whatever you're buying is either in your hands, or definitely in stock at the retailer of your choice. You are still supposed to ship your item absolutely no later than December 15th AND get your gift delivered to your Secret Santee by December 19th! This is part of the challenge! But it probably means that you won't have time to make a hand-made gift or wait for something that is out of stock to get restocked. Strongly consider ordering online from a major retailer with a strong reputation for shipping things immediately.

Will I get matched with someone I've gifted or been gifted by before?
Possibly. For the main round I do my absolute best to avoid this, including making people ship internationally to avoid a previous match. But with limited goons, it's possible that the only way to be polite to the no-international-please people is to match you with someone you've gifted before. As always, you can give me a list of your mortal enemies and I won't match you with someone you despise.

ROUND ONE BEGINS NOW GO!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
FIRST :P

Cheer unleashed.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Great Cheer has been sent. Hopefully the recipient will enjoy their gift.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Cheer has been deployed!

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
I have performed the Ritual of Cheer.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Order placed, hope my santee enjoys it :D

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
So, I missed the sign-up for the initial rounds, but here's a lightning round submission:

Gift Preferences: To keep things easy, you can get me mostly anything for Warhammer Underworlds, except the starter sets and things only in the starter sets - that means any of the warbands except Garrek's Reavers or Steelheart's Champions, the deck sleeves (the generic ones would be best), playmat, deck box, or the Arcane Hazards. I could also handle some items from Mantic, Clash of Kings 2019 or the Dungeon Saga Heroes of Kickstarter. Xanthar's Guide to Everything for 5E would be cool, too. If none of these sound fun I can think of more options.

General Location: Saint Louis (USA)

Solemn Vow: I will keep up with the thread, send a gift on time, and will post in the thread when I get my present and tell us all what I got and who sent it to me.

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer
Gift dispatched!

As a note, I'm going to be out of town all next week but any packages sent will be tucked aside for me to get when I return on the 24th.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
Sent the main, gamey part off but trying to get something else going as well.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Note for my gifter, whoever you might be. If you haven't sent off my gift yet, I'd recommend avoiding sending anything through Canada Post. Their employees are on a rotating strike, and it's currently affecting my city, and the whole company has an enormous backlog that will delay gifting in general.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Gift ordered.

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Gift ordered!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

All statuses updated, and correspondences replied-to, hopefully! :)

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Absolutely not anxious about anything.

Bleak Gremlin
Gift part 1 ordered. Hope to have a 2nd order put in shortly.

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
I'm in for Lightning Round.

Hypnobeard
Sep 15, 2004

Obey the Beard

Gifts dispatched!

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Gift/s ordered and should be arriving soon!

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Absolutely not anxious about anything.

Bleak Gremlin

Bruxism posted:

Gift part 1 ordered. Hope to have a 2nd order put in shortly.

2nd part of order submitted! Hope it's well received!

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
Gifts R Dispatched

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!
With a remarkable burst of speed (santa must be smoking all the arctic Ice) I can say Gift received !

In Classic Christmas tradition I got a little red fire truck under my tree.

Specifically this dinky lil Japanese one.

Thanks Santa!

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Wow, that was fast. Sorry for the barebones packaging, the place I ordered from didn't give me the option to add a note or any wrapping that I could see. I'm not terribly familiar with model scales so I hope 1/24 isn't too large (though it probably helps that it's a kei truck conversion :v:).

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
As per my Santa's request, I have updated my previous post to include a list of the board games I own.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I'm pleased to report that my gift has been received! I will hold off on opening it until Christmas day, however. Can't wait to find out what it is!

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer

No Pun Intended posted:

With a remarkable burst of speed (santa must be smoking all the arctic Ice) I can say Gift received !

In Classic Christmas tradition I got a little red fire truck under my tree.

Specifically this dinky lil Japanese one.

Thanks Santa!

This is super adorable and is Christmasy+nerdy together.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!

Ephphatha posted:

Wow, that was fast. Sorry for the barebones packaging, the place I ordered from didn't give me the option to add a note or any wrapping that I could see. I'm not terribly familiar with model scales so I hope 1/24 isn't too large (though it probably helps that it's a kei truck conversion :v:).

1/24 is fine for a truck but maybe not so fine for like a battlecruiser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Yvonmukluk posted:

I'm pleased to report that my gift has been received! I will hold off on opening it until Christmas day, however. Can't wait to find out what it is!

Woohoo! I realised only after placing it that I didn't own up to sending you the gift, so this is me revealing myself (ooo err) as your Santa :v: