Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
Payday comes friday, which is when I get things ordered and shipped. No grinches here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
What's this I receive on a Sunday morning? Ah, mail inspector is here to- mail inspector what are you doing

Ahem! But let's see what's inside.

Badass axe elves!

Even more badass insane night goblins!

HEAVY METAL DICE- mail inspector, please, I'm trying to take pictures-

And SCUM AND VILLAINY (please excuse mail inspector)

Thank you so much, nameless Goon Santa!

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Gifts away

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
After some wrasslin' with the post office to get them to release it, what should arrive at my door but a box full of fluffy white things?

Accompanied by a very friendly handwritten note...

And...wait, there are dragons...it's...

...a copy of Tsuro! This is one of the handful of games that are so popular in my parts that the previous owner's set literally fell apart from overuse, so the gift is both excellent and timely! Thanks, Secret Santa!

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Tsuro is a really fun game, nice choice by your Santa :D

To my Santa, Auspost have your parcel somewhere in the local post office but couldn't find it either time I went there today... I'll hopefully get a call tomorrow saying they've got it ready for me to pick up.

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Absolutely not anxious about anything.

Bleak Gremlin
Christmas miracle! My TG Secret Santa gift finally arrived!

A gift from Leperflesh himself?! What a privilege.

Nice! One of the games I lost to the deluge was Warhammer Quest, the version of this game that existed before FFG and GW had their falling out. I've been eyeing this game for a while and am looking forward to seeing what they tweaked! Thanks!

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
So I'm posting this in the hopes that I can participate in the final lightning round because I've been busy at work and Secret Santa pretty much slipped my mind.

Gift Preferences: Oh man, I have a whole list and everything here: Link. But if you don't want to use that (my family is big on the list), here goes:

I like pretty much anything Aquaman. I also like Black Manta, who's his best villain. If we're talking Aquaman things, I prefer the non-Jason Mamoa version from the comics instead of the one from the movies.

I super dig on Star Wars and on RPGs. As such, I have pretty much all Star Wars RPG stuff. I have the core book for Starfinder and One Ring and no other books for them. I'm interested in looking into Legacy RPG, Infinity RPG, Torg, Genesys, Overlight, Dragon Age, and Unity. I have the Core book and 13 True Ways for 13th Age, but nothing else, and 13th age is cool so that'd be neat.

I've been trying to get into podcasting, but I find it really hard to learn how to do it because my mind blanks when learning AV things. If you have a way to make that easier, I'd definitely be down. I've got all the equipment I need, just none of the skill to use it.

I prefer not to get clothing, kitchen things, or board/card games if possible, please. However, cards that can be used in RPGs (such as if it's a random encounter deck or something like that) are neat and will see some use eventually.

General Location: Kirkland, Washington (basically Seattle)

Solemn Vow: I ain't gon' Grinch you, dog. I ain't gon' Grinch you at all.

That's it! Here's hoping I can participate still. If not, Merry Christmas everyone!

Swags fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Dec 13, 2018

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bruxism posted:

Christmas miracle! My TG Secret Santa gift finally arrived!

A gift from Leperflesh himself?! What a privilege.

Nice! One of the games I lost to the deluge was Warhammer Quest, the version of this game that existed before FFG and GW had their falling out. I've been eyeing this game for a while and am looking forward to seeing what they tweaked! Thanks!

Whew! I'm glad it finally made it. I actually tried to get you another gift, but not all items on Amazon can be shipped to your address, for reasons unexplained by them. This one was available, though, and it looks cool!

Swags posted:

That's it! Here's hoping I can participate still. If not, Merry Christmas everyone!

Aw, Swags! I'm glad to see you here again. We don't have anyone else signed up for the current round, and the previous round only had 3 goons in it, so I'd be kind of shocked if we still get one. Anyone that wants to volunteer should speak up right away, though! Perhaps with a relaxing of the delivery rules for this final round, it'd be possible: something like, delivery by new year's day? I don't want the thread to drag out, but I hate to see anyone not get to participate.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

LeSquide posted:

What's this I receive on a Sunday morning? Ah, mail inspector is here to- mail inspector what are you doing

Ahem! But let's see what's inside.

Badass axe elves!

Even more badass insane night goblins!

HEAVY METAL DICE- mail inspector, please, I'm trying to take pictures-

And SCUM AND VILLAINY (please excuse mail inspector)

Thank you so much, nameless Goon Santa!

You are welcome! I spread things out with elves/goblins for your eventual Warhammer Fantasy 3 ed (I'm assuming), Scum and Villiany for space blades in the dark action, and forged the dice for any use you can find (sorry, I only know how to make steel dice).

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Cotton Candidasis posted:

You are welcome! I spread things out with elves/goblins for your eventual Warhammer Fantasy 3 ed (I'm assuming), Scum and Villiany for space blades in the dark action, and forged the dice for any use you can find (sorry, I only know how to make steel dice).

YOU MADE THE DICE YOURSELF?!

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Absolutely not anxious about anything.

Bleak Gremlin

Leperflesh posted:

Whew! I'm glad it finally made it. I actually tried to get you another gift, but not all items on Amazon can be shipped to your address, for reasons unexplained by them. This one was available, though, and it looks cool!

Some vendors are picky about shipping to my address, it's weird. I actually have a backup address, but shipping to that can take even longer - sometimes 2-3 months! Thanks again for the great gift.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
I sent off my lightning round package today, and when I returned, karma had provided me with the package from my lightning round santa!

Had to get the all-clear from the mail-sniffing dog. He isn't looking for bombs or drugs or anything, he just really loves sniffing the mail, and who am I to deny him?

Some sort of 40K boardgame. I've never heard of Heroes of Blackreach, but it looks proper orky and it'll be fun learning to play. Thanks, Santa!

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
So.. today was not a good day. Today was the grinch of days. And it was almost over, so when I woke up to take another pain pill at 9:20 PM, there was nothing that could make this day a good one.

I was wrong.

There was a package at my door. What could be inside?

Oh my, They really went all out on the packaging. We're talking about multiple layers of wrapping here. And what's inside?

(needle scratch, jawdrop, jackpot game show sounds)

Holy poo poo, TGSS, you made me a goddamned liar. Today was great. I'm going to use all of this stuff (whoever you are, you must have caught that I'm a L5R LCG player from my posting history, because the tokens were a great surprise!)

So in short, thank you. You redeemed a lovely painful day. And you really have a future as a professional gift wrapper ;)

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!

JackMann posted:

I sent off my lightning round package today, and when I returned, karma had provided me with the package from my lightning round santa!

Had to get the all-clear from the mail-sniffing dog. He isn't looking for bombs or drugs or anything, he just really loves sniffing the mail, and who am I to deny him?

Some sort of 40K boardgame. I've never heard of Heroes of Blackreach, but it looks proper orky and it'll be fun learning to play. Thanks, Santa!

Thanks, Let me know if I can follow up on this with ya (the description that was up when I purchased it made it look like it was orc miniatures for use in WH40K), it's an addon for the actual board game.

SirFozzie fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Dec 11, 2018

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Leperflesh posted:

Aw, Swags! I'm glad to see you here again. We don't have anyone else signed up for the current round, and the previous round only had 3 goons in it, so I'd be kind of shocked if we still get one. Anyone that wants to volunteer should speak up right away, though! Perhaps with a relaxing of the delivery rules for this final round, it'd be possible: something like, delivery by new year's day? I don't want the thread to drag out, but I hate to see anyone not get to participate.

What the heck, sign me up for this last lightning round! I understand the feeling of almost missing out.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

It only took 3 visits to the post office but they did eventually find the package. I'm still at work and it was a box in a box so no photos sorry.

Santa gifted me Coup: Rebellion! The work group have a couple of copies of coup and the expansion floating around but we've never played this version, so it'll be a new experience when we bust this one out. Thanks heaps mystery Santa :)

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012

SirFozzie posted:

So.. today was not a good day. Today was the grinch of days. And it was almost over, so when I woke up to take another pain pill at 9:20 PM, there was nothing that could make this day a good one.

I was wrong.

Holy poo poo, TGSS, you made me a goddamned liar. Today was great. I'm going to use all of this stuff (whoever you are, you must have caught that I'm a L5R LCG player from my posting history, because the tokens were a great surprise!)

So in short, thank you. You redeemed a lovely painful day. And you really have a future as a professional gift wrapper ;)

I'm glad I was able to brighten your day!

There should have been a nerdy holiday card and attached letter included in the box somewhere. I hope it wasn't lost in the sea of wrapping paper. :ohdearsass:

SirFozzie
Mar 28, 2004
Goombatta!
it was lost in the bubble wrap, but holy poo poo part 2 man. you have some huge good karma comin your way. Thanks very so much/ :)

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
I got a package!

It's a gift! For me!

A charming message.

Ratboyz!

Thanks, Santa!

P.S. Still haven't heard back from FewtureMD if they indeed received part two and if SirFozzie got the physical Christmas Card in addition to the .pdfs.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

SirFozzie posted:

Thanks, Let me know if I can follow up on this with ya (the description that was up when I purchased it made it look like it was orc miniatures for use in WH40K), it's an addon for the actual board game.

Yup, woops!

Heroes of Blackreach, the full boardgame is like $75. If JackMann can't make use of this expansion, maybe you guys can work together on a return/exchange or something.

thegodofchuck posted:

I got a package!
Thegodofchuck's santas: I need to know which of you sent this, please.

quote:

P.S. Still haven't heard back from FewtureMD if they indeed received part two and if SirFozzie got the physical Christmas Card in addition to the .pdfs.

Let's handle this sort of followup via email - it's easier for me to maintain a thread of correspondence that way.

ibntumart posted:

What the heck, sign me up for this last lightning round! I understand the feeling of almost missing out.
Sure thing, please send a new sign-up email for ROUND 3 (I know it's redundant, but I can't use the same email for two separate threads... it's logistics), thanks!

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Package is in the mail and should arrive by the end of the week via FedEx. I really hope my Santee enjoys what I've made this year!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Leperflesh posted:

Sure thing, please send a new sign-up email for ROUND 3 (I know it's redundant, but I can't use the same email for two separate threads... it's logistics), thanks!

Sent!

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Ratboyz were me. Gotta post my own gifts also

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Thank you Internet Santa!

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

LeSquide posted:

YOU MADE THE DICE YOURSELF?!

I did, by hand. :)

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib

SirFozzie posted:

Aw, I don't want to put you out another seventy-five bucks, especially after I screwed up the shipping address on you. Thanks, though!

And what the heck. I'll go for round three. E-mail incoming!

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

SirFozzie posted:

I was wrong.

Oh my, They really went all out on the packaging. We're talking about multiple layers of wrapping here. And what's inside?

(needle scratch, jawdrop, jackpot game show sounds)

I had nothing to do with this Santa, I just want to say how stoked I am to see one of my indie games being gifted. I hope you enjoy! :)

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

Cotton Candidasis posted:

I did, by hand. :)

That is even cooler.

The cat keeps trying to knock them off the table and gets confused when they don't fly across the room like regular dice do.

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
By the powers of Amazon Prime, the first part of my gift should arrive by Friday! The second part of my gift would have cost an extra $71 to get it there in the same timeframe, so hopefully it will arrive by the end of the reception period. They compliment each other quite well, but one is not necessary to enjoy the other!

Rhyos fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Dec 12, 2018

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK we have three goons and I'm gonna close LIGHTNING BONUS ROUND 3 now! It's too late if you missed this last train, woo woo

Emails with Santee assignments are sent! Go shop!

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Dec 12, 2018

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
And my final gift is dispatched, this one upon the internets. Another year of successful Santa-ing.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Gift is sent. It is in the hands of the Amazon gods now.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

Ephphatha posted:

It only took 3 visits to the post office but they did eventually find the package. I'm still at work and it was a box in a box so no photos sorry.

Santa gifted me Coup: Rebellion! The work group have a couple of copies of coup and the expansion floating around but we've never played this version, so it'll be a new experience when we bust this one out. Thanks heaps mystery Santa :)

Had a lovely card waiting for me today as well, Leperfish did pass on the note that you were sending one but I managed to forget so it was a nice surprise. Thanks again 😀. We had our first training session on Wednesday, should be at operational readiness by the new year.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Alas, I don't have pets, but I do have some cool metal dice now! Thanks, Santa!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Ephphatha posted:

Had a lovely card waiting for me today as well, Leperfish did pass on the note that you were sending one but I managed to forget so it was a nice surprise. Thanks again 😀. We had our first training session on Wednesday, should be at operational readiness by the new year.

Operation Potato Peeler is a go :hai:

Glad I lucked into just the right version of Coup then!

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Dec 13, 2018

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Sion posted:

Alas, I don't have pets, but I do have some cool metal dice now! Thanks, Santa!

You should expect a second package, according to my spreadsheet. :)

Swags
Dec 9, 2006
Secret Santa package has been shipped!

Thanks to ol' Leperflesh for letting me participate last minute.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

d'awww
my old buddy Swaggers deserves a christmas present

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
Just got an update - the second part of my present should be arriving on the 17th - just in time to meet the deadline! Hope both presents are enjoyed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

Leperflesh posted:

You should expect a second package, according to my spreadsheet. :)

:wow: