Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Must be kind of concerning for the castle to have alchemists loaded for winged radioactive bear coming in the front gate to jump into these paintings all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Robindaybird posted:

Depends on series, Iris series have antagonists, Sophia has one. Most conflicts are either environmental, or achieving personal growth.

Yeah, so far the main conflict here has been "Lydie and Suelle's dad is a deadbeat who saddles them with work he should be doing himself and sometimes even jacks their hard-earned dough, and they have to improve at alchemy, build a name for themselves and keep a roof over all of their heads despite him."

I'll say for now though that there's been abnormal weather, and the Kingdom of Adelet has just enacted policies to attract renowned alchemists with money and fame and to collect Mysterious Paintings, and they ain't doing this out of the goodness of their hearts or for cultural enrichment. Something big is on the horizon, to which only Mireille and Mathias are privy.

mastersord posted:

From the few of these Atelier games I've seen LPed here, do any of them have a proper evil antagonist? Everyone seems so nice and friendly compared to NPCs in almost all other games I've seen and played. I think that is what keeps me away from these games. I feel like I'm watching a girl's doll commercial. The player is talked to and treated like a child by everyone, when they're supposed to be high-school aged (and can take down a Griffon 10x their size with just a staff, a pair of revolvers, and some improvised explosives made from random stuff found in the woods). I think they can handle themselves without a chaperone.

That being said, the crafting systems is these games intrigue me immensely.

Thank you for LPing this.

hey thanks for dropping in! It's great to get feedback, and hell, I'm just some random goon sharing a game I love with LP and hoping I communicate it well enough.

Glazius posted:

Must be kind of concerning for the castle to have alchemists loaded for winged radioactive bear coming in the front gate to jump into these paintings all the time.

Hey, they're also supposed to be pretty dangerous, which is why Mireille only lets trusted, competent alchemists in.

...either that or she's sending two 14 year old girls plus her younger brother off to their demises in a spoopy hellworld. Which is it? Tune in next time!

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Nov 26, 2018

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Ayesha needed to rescue her sister, so that's a clear conflict. But there wasn't really a character who was the antagonist, it was just a kind of system that made things happen

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Even without a prolific evil antagonist driving the plot for most (or any) of the game, I feel the writing, even so far, has had plenty of stuff that's been entertaining in its own right (and hopefully it came across as such in text format, and hell I had the first update close with the Lydie catching on fire and the twins getting blown up due to Sue's impatience), and a story about two scrappy poor twins getting better at alchemy, making a name for their run-down atelier, and striving to honor the promise they made with their mom on her deathbed and attain a better life is pretty compelling. There's a here here, with these two and the people supporting them or getting in their way.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Part 3-4: A Mysterious World

Music: Forest in Turmoil -Lydie-

The Spooky Forest: Intro and Curse

Wow! This is amazing! Nothing like the last world we visited!

Oh, Mathias! No, I mean, outside! Nothing like the world outside, ahaha!

Yes, well, that’s true. This is quite different from a normal forest.

…Ugh…

Sue? Is something wrong? You don’t seem your normal cheerful self.

I’m scared…

Huh?

Ah, I should explain. Sue’s weaknesses are ghosts and bugs.

That’s a bit unexpected. This forest is going to be like this all the way through, though. What do you want to do? Go back on your own, Sue?

No. I’ll go with you… I’m scared, but I can’t leave Lydie alone.

Very well then. I understand you, believe me. This place is pretty freaky. Let’s start by finding Lucia. Looking for someone might help you get over feeling so scared.

Sure… Thanks, Mathias.

Don’t think anything of it. But don’t drop your guard either, okay?

Hmm… Hum-de-dum-de-do…

Heheh! I was scared at the beginning, but actually it isn’t all that bad in here!

There we go! That’s the Sue I know and love!

Look at that. What does it say?

I’ll read it, hold on. “To the one reading this sign.”

Uwah!

Hey, Sue! Wipe those tears from your eyes, okay? It’s just some dumb old sign…

Hyaaaaah! G-G-Ghosts? No way! Get away from me!

Monsters! Watch out, girls!

Looks like a Bomb will work wonders… take this!

There we go! It’s like they never came… Sue? What’s the matter?

Lydie… I want to give up… I’m going to be cursed for the rest of my life!

C-Cheer up, Sue! Remember what it said on the sign! Come to the graveyard if you want the curse to be lifted. So that’s all we have to do!

You’re right. Of course, you’re right! You gotta be right, right? Why would that sign be there otherwise?

False hope? Part of an elaborate trick? There’s nothing to say that sign was telling the truth…

Oh no…

Mathias! Please don’t make things any worse!

Oh, my bad…

Lydie…

Sue, you’ll be fine. Come on. We’ll all head to the graveyard together!

OK, Sis. Sniff… I’ll try…

First, we have to find our way to the graveyard. Let’s start by going right…

We found a bunch of these weird Ripple Stones, but it doesn’t look like there’s anything further this way. So let’s turn back! Now!

The materials here are something special, though. We certainly can’t find anything like them in the woods near Merveille… they really could help us become the best alchemists in the country!

I get it, but what are we waiting for? Let’s turn back already! We can get more of the good stuff elsewhere in this world!

So we’ll have to take the left fork in the road, then.

Bingo. Looks like we’ve got a bridge to somewhere here.

These mushrooms are so bright! Like a bunch of lanterns! But it’s still a dead end.

There was a path to our east, right? You lead the way, Lydie…

There sure are a lot of jack-o-lanterns everywhere. As far as the eye can see. Whoever made this painting really committed themselves to an aesthetic.

It’s dark, the lighting is scary, and there’s spooky pumpkins everywhere! And we got attacked by ghosts! And we got tricked into reading a sign that cursed us! What was wrong with the painter?!

Oh! To our northeast there’s a path deeper into the forest! Let’s-

The Rival Accursed

Was that Lucia screaming just now?

She’s the only one who screams like that… Sue, we must check this out!

Looks like Lucia is up ahead in the… Whispering Marsh.

That sounds lovely.

Lydie! Over there!

I taste terrible, I’m telling you! I’m so slim, there’s almost no meat on me, either!

Lucia, are you alright?!

What! Lydie and Sue?! What are you two doing in here?!

Long story. Anyway, it looks like you could use a hand! Let’s g- whooooooooa!

Ah, be careful! That black monster is really strong!

Why didn’t you say so sooner?!

At least we got the drop on it! I’ll start with a Craft!

I’ll draw its attention!

My turn with the Craft!

Looks like that didn’t finish the job…

Whatever! I’ll handle this!

He’s sturdy, if nothing else…

Whew! A job well done.

Phew! I really thought I was about to become a lunch for a moment there!

You don’t look badly hurt, anyway. Thank goodness.

What’s the plan? Do you want me to take you home?

I’d very much like to take you up on that offer, but there’s a reason I can’t leave…

Oh, don’t tell me…

I read this sign by the side of the road back there, and now I seem to be cursed.

What! You too, Lucia?! We read the same sign!

Oh my, you too?! I definitely don’t want to remain cursed…

You said it. How about we work together to reach the graveyard?

That sounds like the best option in this situation. Let’s break this curse together! That said, I’m really not much of a fighter.

No need to worry about that. Just stick near me and I’ll keep you safe.

You will? In which case, I’ll tag along. Thank you, all three of you.

Let’s go up this pathway to the northwest.

You know what? The faster we go, the quicker it’ll take my mind off everything around us.

Well, we hit the end of this fork in the road. But I must ask… what do you all think is with this shed? And that boat in the corner?

Don’t tell me… maybe the painter’s ghost lives in that shed? And he takes that boat out for joyrides?

Sue…

Let’s turn back now, Lydie! Before his ghost bursts out to get us!

If that way didn’t work out, then this way is our best bet. Let’s keep going down until we hit something…

But not to that house! That obviously haunted house!

After some twists and turns…

The Trees’ Trials

There’s something beyond these branches!

:devil: Hold it right there!

Wicked Trees, is it? Just who painted this picture?

Talking trees! This place really is like some sort of nightmare!

No way. This isn’t happening. Talking trees? Impossible. I didn’t see a thing. Not a thing!

You think you can extort us for passage? A few quick bombs will clear this up!

Lucia chucks some bombs.

See, girls? Worked like a cha-

:twisted: Grow, my thorns! Block their path completely!

No more bombs! Lucia, what were you thinking?!

Fine, don’t make a big deal of it! I make mistakes sometimes, you know!

:devil: Like we said. If you want to come through, feed us! Bring the best fertilizer you can find!

They’ve got us over a barrel. A wooden barrel! Seems we have to do what they want.

:twisted: Heh, glad you see things from our perspective. Go on, find us some of the good stuff!

Fertilizer is for plants. Which means…

You can find it in the ground. Hurry!

A spot like this!

The Trees’ Trials Mk. II

:devil: I can smell it from here! That’s some quality fertilizer! Get it on my roots, quick!

:twisted: You kept your end of the bargain. Use those silly legs and waddle on through, then!

Phew, it all worked out in the end. I wasn’t warned about greedy trees!

You’re just as bad though, Lucia. Trying to blow your way through…

H-Hah! You don’t have to remind me! Let’s get moving, anyway. I want to break this curse as quickly as possible.

Past these trees is… the Fearsome Graveyard!

We made it! I hate that I sound happy about that, but…

Now that we’re here, we’ll finally be free!

But it looks like we’ve a ways to go before we actually reach a graveyard.

Don’t tell me… we’ll have to trawl through the dark and mist?

The party does so, until…

Lucia’s Plan and Sue’s Choice

Ah! Sue, Lucia! That looks like the graveyard to me!

Yes, you’re right! This is where it said to come to break the curse. So here we are…

Hey. There’s another sign over there.

I’m not going anywhere near it!

I won’t either! Mathias. You read it.

Me? Why? Gah… Very well. I guess I don’t have much choice.

Really? Even if it breaks the curse, that sounds like a bit of a hassle.

Don’t say that, Lucia! If you want to break the curse, you have to do this right!

Lydie is right! This is all to break the curse! You don’t want to be like this forever, do you?

You’re right, of course! Very well, I’ll do it! I’ll sprinkle water like you wouldn’t believe! Ohohoho! Get ready, graves! I’m going to drench you all in water!

I don’t think we need to go that far, unless you are asking to be cursed even more…

I bet we can draw the Holy Water we need from that well.

There’s a lot of graves in this graveyard, though…

All the more reason to get to it! And a one… and a two… and a-

Stick with the plan, Lucia! We need to break this curse!

I’ve had an idea about that, actually. Spraying each grave separately is just taking so long. So why don’t we spread it all around so that it will reach every single grave?

Huh…

Ohohoho! The ultimate idea! This is your chance to get on board, Sue?

So you heard them. It’s a hassle spraying our hard-foraged Holy Water on each and every one of these graves! Maybe Lucia’s onto something here. But on the other hand, Sue’s got a bad feeling about cutting corners here, and hell, Lucia just caused some extra trouble for everyone by trying to blow up the wicked trees instead of just giving them some drat fertilizer. Still though, menial work is menial work, and a shortcut sure sounds tempting…

With that, help Sue here make a decision. Do we agree to Lucia’s plan, or do this the long and hard way like the spooky sign said to do?

You have until Friday, 7PM PST to vote RESULTS:

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jul 12, 2019

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Wow, literally none of you trusts ohohohojousama rival, huh? Thanks for participating, I'll record through the end of the chapter tomorrow!

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Wow, literally none of you trusts ohohohojousama rival, huh?

Not really, we just want you to put up with this tedious task for our amusement :twisted:

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Part 3-5: Sue’s Choice

I know what to do!

Sue’s Decision

Thanks, Lucia, but no thanks!

Very well. I just hope you don’t regret that decision.

You know what? I don’t think I will!

Music: Forest in Turmoil -Suelle-

There’s another down… and another… and another…

This really is a hassle. But I made this decision, and I’m sticking to it!

Even if I have to draw more of this freezing Holy Water!

Lucia sounds confident. What do you think, Sue?

I’m just going to take it slow and steady. I feel we’ll just get in more trouble for not taking this seriously.

We’ll see about that! I’m going to break this curse and be out of here before you know it!

Ohohoho! I can feel the curse breaking already!

Oh… wait! No! No! Gyaaaaah!
I highly recommend you watch the video just to hear her scream, if nothing else :v:

Uwah! It looks like Lucia is having a bit of a rough time?

Just let her be. She earned every minute of it. Now let’s get back to it.

After they finally finish…

Phew, that should be all of them.

Haha, looks like you paid dearly for your crimes. Ready to take things seriously now?

It’s bad enough that ghost came to curse me even harder, but now I have to listen to you rubbing it in to boot?

The writing on the sign has changed. What does it say?

Mathias…

Okay, fine! I’ll read it! “Thank you for spreading the holy water. The curse on you has now been lifted. Thank you very much for playing our little game with us. We’ve prepared a little gift for you. Please accept it.

-All the denizens of the Spooky Forest.

P.S. We hope you won’t try to cut any corners again in the future.”

You hear that, Lucia?

I know, I know! I certainly don’t want to ever be terrified like that again!

I think they’re meant as a gift for you two, anyway. Go ahead and keep them.

What? You don’t want them, Lucia? But they’re so pretty!

Hehe. I’m older than both of you, after all. No need for me to get greedy.

Hehe! In which case, thank you very much!

Wild Cotton and Golden Threads obtained.

Leaf Pattern Fragments obtained.

Right then, you three. I think it’s time to leave. You must all be tired, right? I know I am!

Sounds like a plan. Come on, twins. We’re leaving. I just want to get home and have a shower.

Sue has acquired the skill “Queen of Mischief”.

Queen of Mischief - increases Speed.

Reward Loops and Pride

It was a lot of fun! There were ghosts, talking trees, all sorts of things!

We got cursed, and it was pretty scary, and now I’m totally exhausted, but still…

C-Cursed? I know you just got back, but will you tell me more about the world in there?

Of course! It was pretty nightmarish as we were trying to lift the curse, but honestly, it doesn’t feel so bad now that it’s over.

There were ghosts and bats! And lots of monsters I don’t think you could see in the outside world! These weird little doll soldiers, and weird black paint monsters! One was like a Puni, but also a pot of weird liquid. And there was also a black paint scythe monster that nearly hacked Lucia to pieces…

Hah!

There were also rare materials I don’t think you can find in the outside world either! And lots of stuff like ores and crystals and gems that would be hard to find in the countryside. And all of these materials are more than usable even though we found them in someone’s fantasy world!

Speaking of someone’s fantasy world… it felt like we were dancing on someone’s strings the entire time we were in there! We got cursed almost as soon as we got in, and we had to do as some freak talking trees wanted us to do, and then we had to sprinkle holy water across an entire graveyard.

It’s like the world inside the painting reflected the whims and will of whoever made it.

That’s all very interesting. I have a much better understanding of “The Spooky Forest” now. Can I ask the three of you to keep on helping with the paintings?

What? We have to go back in again?

I’d really rather not!

We’ve no idea what can happen in there. Those with some experience seem best suited to helping us. So once we obtain a new painting, I’d like to ask for your help with it too. What do you say?

So there are other Mysterious Paintings? We’d love to help you, of course!

Me too. I can’t afford to let this pair get any more ahead of me…

Thank you! Which means I need to hurry up and find some new Mysterious Paintings!

Say, Sis. How about they work on their atelier ranking while you look for more paintings?

Hey, that’s one of your better ideas! Let’s do that. Unless you three don’t want to?

No, that sounds fine to me. Do you both agree?

Sure thing! Heheh, that means we need to work to improve our rank again!

That settles it. Now, I think I’ve kept you here for long enough already. You can take back anything you found in the painting, and use it as you like. See you soon!

Hey, Sue…

What is it, Mathias?

Hyah! D-Don’t make fun of me, Mathias! You dummy!

Hahahaha!

That evening…

Just what am I doing? I can’t believe it’s come to this. I’m the owner of Atelier Borthayre, and…

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jul 12, 2019

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Maybe she could hire some guards with the giant pile of money she has from all her customers?

Just a thought.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Glazius posted:

Maybe she could hire some guards with the giant pile of money she has from all her customers?

Just a thought.

now why would she do that when she can instead use that money to develop new and exciting and possibly petty and cruel ways to troll the twins :colbert:

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Chapter 3 debrief

Chapter 3 is over with, and with that, we’ve seen the twins get their name out there, advance to G rank, and in what you were all waiting for, explore a new Mysterious Painting! We also finally got a new party member!

Speaking of G rank, here are the twins’ ambitions for that:

As you can see, everything here is pretty trivial! And hereafter, you’re gonna start some chapters with (more likely than not) at least some of these ambitions already done! On the flipside, you’ll also run into some ambitions that’ll require you to have synthesize items with a certain trait, and if you don’t have an ingredient with that trait, then tough luck.

Character Art/3D Models:
Liane OA (NOCO)
This is actually a palette swap of her Atelier Firis OA. Which I can let slide since her role in this game is marginal.
Mathias OA (NOCO)
Mathias 3D Model
I really like Mathias’ design because it matches really well with his role in the story: some combination of blue blood, knight, and jester.

…Come on, the dude literally has the name of the country in his surname, he clearly isn’t just some everyday guy!

Location Notes and Memos:
Merveille:

This is a gallery behind Merveille Castle that houses Mysterious Paintings. They plan on displaying other unusual paintings, so maybe they’ll take mine one day! Hehehe!
Dammit game, REDACTED hasn’t even been formally introduced yet!

Mysterious Painting:

This is a very dark painting world. I often hear a whispering coming from between the trees. However, I can never make out what they’re saying…

Speaking of Mysterious Paintings, having traveled into one in earnest, we now have access to a map for them!

You might vaguely recognize the area above the Spooky Forest from the painting in the basement. Are the twins ever going to get back in and investigate it for real? You’ll see much later on!

Music:
Forest in Turmoil -Lydie-
The forest isn’t a true place of horror, but more home to charming and playful ghosts. The tracks that play when in the paintings differ slightly depending on whether you are playing as Lydie or Sue in terms of the instruments used. Generally, Sue’s versions are more cheerful and poppy, while Lydie’s are calmer and more restrained. (Yanagawa)

Forest in Turmoil -Suelle-
Sue is more easily frightened, so the opening of the track has been adjusted to reflect this sense of fear. Incidentally, I myself don’t like horror movies. If the ghosts were a little friendlier it would be fine, but they all seem to want to attack… In fact, ghost or not, I’m afraid of anything that shows animosity towards me. (Yanagawa)

Flying the Nest -Lydie & Suelle-
This is a combination version of the emotional instrumental arrangements. I had no plans to make this, but as both the Lydie and Sue versions are just instrumental arrangements of the opening theme, this combined version appeared as a by-product of just that. (Achiwa)

This song’s respective components didn’t appear during the chapter, but I’m linking them anyway:

Flying the Nest -Lydie-
This is an instrumental arrangement of the opening theme for use in emotional moments. This piece is for Lydie, and features prominent use of piano and violin. It is something of a stereotype, but these are the instruments that go best for a mild-mannered girl like her. (Achiwa)

Flying the Nest -Suelle-
For the fearless Sue, I used guitar and oboe as the central instruments. Guitar is unsurprising, but many of you may find the choice of the oboe unexpected. I tried a few others, like the whistle, but there was just something about the oboe that matched this piece well. Perhaps it’s just that I love the oboe. (Achiwa)

Moving on, character themes!

What Do You Know?
A carefree, handsome man, with a few issues. If you want to last a long time as a male character in the Atelier series, this is actually the position to occupy. He may look flighty and unreliable, but when push comes to shove… The characters who are too cool to begin with always end up meeting some stick end, and are often given some weird fetish to boot. No one wants to become comic relief. (Achiwa)

Wind Chaser (Lydie & Suelle Ver.)
A rearrangement of the theme for Liane. In Atelier Firis, we intentionally made the rhythm for her theme weaker and gentler in order to suggest her internal fragility. This was unnecessary in this title, meaning that the final result is a jauntier, more cheerful feel to the arrangement. (Achiwa)

DEBRIEF debrief:
So far, the twins’ drive to fulfill their promise with their mother—to become the best alchemists in Adalet—has brought them into the Atelier Ranking System, and thus directly in contact with Mireille, Mathias and the agenda of the Kingdom of Adalet. Lydie and Sue are alchemists living and working in a kingdom that, all of a sudden, is proactively trying to attract alchemists, and we’ve already seen this newly implemented system attract powerful newcomers such as Ilmeria (and Liane’s sister?). The Kingdom of Adalet is also going out of its way to collect Mysterious Paintings, and to have trusted alchemists explore them and divine their secrets.

Speaking of the Atelier Ranking System, the twins’ G rank exam required them to collect monster eggs… and take out increasingly prevalent and increasingly dangerous monsters ransacking the countryside close to Merveille. If it’s this bad already this close to the capital, what’s it like in the kingdom’s hinterland? And do these developments have anything to do with the unseasonal thunderstorms the twins and Mathias were grumbling about during the first two chapters?

We’ll see more about that next chapter!

Finally, just for the record:

This right there is how you know the twins are Atelier protagonists :allears:

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jul 12, 2019

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
No one knows why it is that only alchemists ever seem to reassure humble, everyday barrels that they are, in fact, barrels. One must only assume that they have reason to suspect differently.

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Glazius posted:

No one knows why it is that only alchemists ever seem to reassure humble, everyday barrels that they are, in fact, barrels. One must only assume that they have reason to suspect differently.

Gotta be careful about barrel mimics maybe?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Two hour recording session done, though I don't think I'm gonna be able to hit the next rank exam or painting for another week or two. This batch is pretty much all character scenes plus synthesis and gathering which I won't be showing.

Low key one of my worst fears is that I accidentally delete all my footage while slicing it up to get a clip to upload :sweatdrop:

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Nobody knows why Gust games are obsessed with barrels, but one of the most common theory is one of the head people is from a line of barrel makers

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Lydie's favorite shoujo manga even involves barrels. Very intimately. It's gotta be a 20 year long meme at this point.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Part 4-1: Paintings, Princesses and Purchases

The Family’s Atelier

You do love to study, don’t you Lydie. I get a headache if I read for more than five minutes.

You just focus on hating it too much, Sue! It’s fun, learning all sorts of fun things from books.

Not me. I’m not smart like you, Lydie. I’ll leave all the intellectual stuff to you.

Hmm. Should I press the point, as your sister? Or stop trying to force you to do something?

From Mireille, then? She wants us to come to the castle to tell us the next exam requirements.

Is this that Atelier Ranking System? I was surprised to hear you two signed up for that.

Hahaha! We didn’t discuss it with you, did we? Sorry about that, Dad.

No harm done. It looks like the system is working, anyway. Many new alchemists have moved into the city, and there’s an energy in the air as they compete. Some ateliers are already shooting up through the ranks! We can’t afford to fall behind!

She’s right! Dad, you just messed up another request! The client was really upset!

Hahaha! These things happen. No need to worry!

Boy, I can’t believe you… We’re needed at the castle, anyway.

No problem. Just take care.

The Princess and the Painting

First, before I forget, this is for you. Your next test requirements.

Thank you! We’ll read them over carefully later.

Good. The reason I called you here, though, was for something else. You see… I’ve obtained a new Mysterious Painting! As we promised, you can go in once you raise your rank.

Wow, really? Mireille, what kind of painting is it?

You’ll find out once you get there, won’t you? Where’s the fun in telling you beforehand?

Bah! One thing I’ve been meaning to ask you, though… Just how are you collecting these Mysterious Paintings? Are they just lying around somewhere?

Hahaha, I wish! We negotiate and buy them from the current owners. They’ve been suddenly discovered not so long ago, and are now becoming very popular. Some of them were even appraised as national treasures. It’s not easy to arrange our budget for all this… But we believe they are worth it, which is why we’re willing to spend so much collecting them.

N-National treasures? I can’t imagine how much they cost! You really are amazing, Mireille. Having command of so much money, if you need it!

What? Princess? Mireille, I’ve never heard you make a joke like that before!

Joke? I’m not joking. My full name is Mireille Ferrier Adalet. First princess of Adalet, although you don’t seem to believe it. Mathias is the first prince, of course.

R-Really? I’m sorry, Mireille… I mean, Your Highness! I’ve been so rude to royalty, all this time!

Ah, you can stop that. I hate all that formal stuff. Princess, Highness… I’m still just cute and cheerful Mireille! Alright?

Hahaha! Cute and cheerful it is, then!

Hehe, that’s the way! Keep working hard and raise your rank as soon as you can! And before you go… here’s your subsidy as a G rank atelier!

1000 Coll! Look at all this money, Sue!

Right! A higher rank means we’ll get even more!

And the Mysterious Paintings are gonna get us there! To the gallery!

Yeah, right.

Hold on. This painting looks different from when I last saw it…

Oh, you’ve got a good eye! That is another reason why they are called “Mysterious” Paintings, you see.

Wow, really? So even if we’ve been to a painting before…

Yes. Visit it again and something may be different. You should investigate all of that, too.

In we go!

Playing with Fairies

Hey, Lydie. Wanna play with this fairy?

Let’s!

Nice! Now…

Did I poison it? It’s not like I coat my ammo in venom…

It must be something about this painting. But be careful about them doing the same to us!

Some time later…

Alright, moving on! Mireille said that this painting could change next time we came in… but we haven’t seen anything different yet. Let’s go further in!

Something at the… Whispering Marsh, right?

Right! Last time we went here, the right fork in the road was a dead end. Let’s try that way.

I don’t remember these creepy pumpkins being here last time!

Creepy or not, they sure make a nice shortcut!

No kidding! The less time we have to spend in here, the bet… hey, Lydie, why are we going back to the graveyard?

There was a church back there, and I saw something behind it before we left last time.

But there’s ghosts there!

But we won’t be there for long. Now let’s go!

I don’t see anything, except for a huge boulder to our left.

Pant… pant… you weren’t kidding!

Just keep at it!

Finally!

Looks like you were right, Lydie! There’s a treasure chest back here!

Looks like… I have no idea what this is.

Anyway, back to the castle!

Should we check in with Mireille?

Let’s! Even before we learned she’s the princess of this country, I wanted to get closer to her!

The Hypercompetent Bureaucratic Princess

Next. Ah, tax related? Take these documents to the tax office.

:unsmith: Thank you!

Next. Oh my, divorce? Fill this form then. Next!

Phew. Hey, girls! Is this about your Atelier Rank?

Ah, no… We just want to talk to you, actually.

That’s more than welcome. Work has just calmed down a little, too.

You handled that work so efficiently, Mireille!

Yes, well, I have confidence in my work. I’ve been doing this since I was small, after all!

Ah, that confidence is so cool! You are wonderful, Mireille!

I know. Cheerful, honest, and so skillful! Just the kind of woman I want to grow up to be!

Oh… uhm…

Wow… Have we made you blush?

Don’t…

What?

I’ve been living in a world of adults since I was a child. Doing this job is just what I was raised to do.

Hahaha, that’s unexpected! You’re so beautiful, well dressed, and smart!

I know! You have such smooth skin, too. Not to mention your wonderful handwriting!

Hold it, girls! Stop it. Stop it! I can’t stop blushing!

What are they playing at now…

Hehe, I think that’s enough fun with Mireille for now. Let’s go to Soleil Street!

The twins move on.

Phew. Everything is ready.

Soleil Street Shopping Spree

Wow, you’re right. The boss of a secret organization!

Excuse me, sorry, but I’ve no recollection of starting any secret organizations.

Uwah, you heard that? Sorry! Come on, Sue, you apologize too!

Ah, sorry. I just remember someone calling you “boss” and, you know…

I see. I need to tell my subordinates to be more careful with what they call me. Ah, sorry. I’m Corneria. Boss - that is, head - of the Corneria Enterprise.

Music: Camellia Sazanka (Lydie & Suelle Ver.)

Corneria? We’re…

Lydie and Sue, I take it?

Suelle is my name. Everyone just calls me Sue.
Voiced out, Corneria called her “Sue-chan-san”, hence this sequence.

Hahaha, yeah, Lydie and Sue it is. Nice to meet you.

One thing, Miss Corneria… Just what is it that your Enterprise does?

Miss Corneria… The way you say that, I have to say, it takes me back! The Corneria Enterprise is the name of my shop. It’s actually quite famous, in other lands. So I’m here doing some market research in order to expand into Adalet.
And Sue called Corneria “Coru-san”, like how Sophie would call her “Coru-chan”. Hence why Corneria suddenly felt nostalgic, but that’s lost in the text here.

Wow… I thought the boss just sat at a desk and looked at documents!

Hey, Sue! I’m sorry for my sister, she really is…

No, it’s fine. In fact, most of the time, that’s precisely what happens. However, a move to a new market is best to be seen through by yourself. I’m just about to open a street stall to check the market for myself!

Ah, that makes sense. In which case, will you show us what you are selling?

Yes, of course. I’ve got plenty of confidence in my lineup, I can tell you that!

These Crafts look great! We’ll take them!

280 Coll, please!

Pure Oil, Multicolor Dye… this also looks like it could come in handy for another time.

Well?

Uwah! Your shop is packed with some of the best items I’ve seen!

Tell me about it. We could do some real fine synthesizing with some of these goodies!

Synthesizing? Could it be that you are both alchemists?

That’s right. I guess you could tell that from hearing “synthesizing.”

But of course. I see, so you’re alchemists?

I’m sure she just gave me a really creepy smile. No, I’m just imagining things, right?

Maybe. Anyway, let’s move on! Right down the street to Hagel’s!

I-Is this a job request?

That’s right! I need you to fetch me some real quality ground metal!
Read: Ingot

Ground metal? That’s it? Any particular reason why you are asking this of us?

I’m recalling something about a pot with two bottoms and an endlessly spinning door knob… We really don’t need that.

Those are just silly ideas I came up with when drinking with Roger. This time I’m making something much more serious, don’t worry!

Alright… Then you won’t mind telling us what it is you’re making?

Nope, that I can’t do.

You aren’t serious at all! You’re planning on making something totally weird again!

No I’m not. I’ll pay you, so please just do the job!

Alright, okay. I’m not really trusting this, but work is work.

Well, we have plenty of Ingots to spare, so might as well.

Hagel! We…

Hagel, not again! I can’t take these sudden bursts of masculinity!

Hey, I have feelings too, you hear?

A-Ahaha. Anyway. What caused your outburst this time?

That thing you’ve got right there. I think we can use it to customize your weapons.

Really? How?

Here, let me explain. There are accessories I can attach to your weapons. And detach. For a fee, of course!

These accessories have their own traits and effects, which your weapon, too, can have so long as they are attached. They can make your weapon stronger, more accurate, or boost your combat skills… sky’s the limit! But remember, only three traits at a time can be active!

Hmm, I see. You can do something like that…

Me? Of course I can! Customization will let you make exactly the weapons you desire, you’ll see! I’m not going to mess up! Just come and see me, any time you want to try it!

That’s nice to know, thanks Hagel! Anyway!

Ah, that’s just what I needed! Some fine, fine ground metal. Great work, girls! I can make something really great with this. I can’t wait to get started!

In that case, I think we’ll stay and watch. I’m still worried about what you’re going to make…

Yeah, good point. We’d better keep an eye on him.

I don’t mind an audience, but being stared at that hard makes me really uncomfortable.

We’ll just back off a bit, then.

Some time later…

Good, it’s done!

…statue of a man with a shiny head?

Uwah! No one said bald!

You just said it, you little…!!

Uwaaah! That’s not fair!

Hold on, Hagel… This statue’s face… Is this you?

Yes, that’s right! Well done, Sue. Nice that you at least understand art!

Didn’t you say she had no clue when we were here before?

Let me level with you. As part of promoting my store I’ve been placing statues of myself around. They’ve become a bit too popular, though. Statues of the God of the Forge, they call them.

Huh… Because it looks a bit divine?

Uwah! I can’t say anything, can I?!

I don’t mind a bit of fame, but it has its downsides too. You can’t be too careful. So I decided to try a smaller size. That is what you see before you now, girls!

Okay. This sounds about as totally ridiculous as I was expecting, but very well. What is this for?

Decoration, of course! The bedroom. The living room. It will brighten any space where you place it!

Brighten? More like intimidate…

Hahaha, that’s fine too! That just makes it more worthy of being displayed!

Right…

Right. As a reward, this one is for you.

What? W-We don’t need that…

Huuuh?

W-Wow! What a lovely gift, thank you very much!

She can barely force that gratitude. Still… W-What should we do with this? A paperweight? A doorstop, maybe? You know what… Toss it in the cauldron and see what happens… That sounds like the best idea.

Let’s go, Sue. Maybe Liane will have something…

Wait, is that…

An Unobtainable Flower?

:shepspends: That piece? That’s 10,000 Coll.

Then I’ll take it. For 9,500 Coll.

:shepspends: Huh? Alright, I can drop to that! Thanks!

Wow. You barter with them?

In a pretty brutal fashion, I might add.

Geh, you two! You saw that?

Yes. We’ve been spying on you!

W-What?! That’s not a very nice way to pass the time!

You really are rich, though, aren’t you Lucia? Buying all that expensive stuff, bam, bam. Flower oil shampoo, and hundred-year spices… That luxury brand mixing stick, too! Wow!

Uwah, it’s all too much for me. My tummy is aching just from hearing the list!

Well, we make enough money to cover all this. Here you go, here’s a little something for you.

We can’t possibly… haha, I’m kidding, of course we can! Thank you!

Hehe, no need to worry. After all, I’m like your big sister! Go ahead and eat! Ohohoho!

Lucia leaves.

Hahaha, thank you. You really are incredible, Lady Lucia!

Sue, Lucia’s not here anymore…

:blush: Uwah, I’m so jealous! I want her to hand me some sugary treats!

:v: Hah, like you have a chance. Lucia is an unobtainable flower!

Lucia? An unobtainable flower?

Hahaha! That’s hilarious! Unobtainable? She’s a dandelion that can grow anywhere!

I mean, she is pretty… I guess that’s how people who don’t know her see her?

Maybe… Wow. So many guys who just don’t have a clue!

You know someone else who’s pretty? And owns a shop by the garden?

Liane! To the garden!

Ah, Lydie and Sue! I’ve some rare goods today! I dare say you won’t find these anywhere else!

Really, Lydie? That book is so expensive…

But it has recipes for stuff we can use to make gems! Buy it now, and it’ll repay the investment tenfold! Liane! Here’s the 780 Coll!

Hehe, thank you!

Let’s go home immediately and divine its secrets!!

Hmm… so that’s how it goes… hey, Sue! Wake up already!

I’ll leave it to you, Lydie… just tell me everything important once you’re done…

She’s unbelievable sometimes…

Learned Granate recipe.
Learned Jet recipe.
Learned Polish recipe.

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jul 12, 2019

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Part 4-2: Love, War and Alchemy

Declaration of War

Ah, Lucia! Are you here for some tea?

Finally, a social visit! I’ve got a new card game, if you want to play?

No, that’s not what I’m here for. I’m here today to declare war! War on you both!

War?

As the owner of Atelier Borthayre! And as your… *mumble mumble*!

Lucia leaves.

Hey, wait! Hold on! What does “mumble mumble” mean? I didn’t catch that part!

That was so sudden. If she wants a war, though, that’s what we have to give her.

Still, though… war…? Is that how Lucia sees this?

Lydie, we need to be ready for anything. We cannot afford to lose to Lucia!

You’re right. We shall redouble our efforts, Sue!

Let’s! We’ll start brushing up on our synthesis.

A few hours later…

The Mentor and their Father

Whaaat?! How can you be so calm? We have to do something!

Sure we do, but I think it’s too late. Hahaha…

This is no time for laughter! Uwaaah, help!

What?! O-Okay! Hey, it’s stopped!

Phew, that was close. This one catches a lot of people off guard.

Thank you so much. You literally saved us. You just turned up at the right time!

Hehe, I was watching outside. I thought it was about time you blew up your cauldron!

Gah, are we that predictable? Why do I feel so ashamed?

Haha! I’ve got you in the palm of my hand. This is for you, then.

A textbook? Wow, it’s packed with detailed information!

That’s right. It should contain all the data you need to proceed to the next level. If you read all of that, your abilities could double!

D-Double? Are you sure?

Oh, you doubt me? Then I’ll give you a task. Make the item here and bring it to me. Doing that should show you that this textbook is worth your time.

Hmm, okay. We’ll give it a try.

Don’t try, do! And don’t make that cauldron explode again! Bye-bye.

Ilmeria leaves.

She came over just to bring us this book. She’s so different from Dad, I can’t believe it!

Hahaha! He just leaves us to our devices, really…

Yeah. I’m so glad that she’s a kind teacher! We have to work hard to keep her on our side!

You’ll have to work much harder than that, Sue!

Learned Tanning Fluid recipe.
Learned Leather recipe.

Are you awake now, Sue? Teach wants us to bring her a piece of Leather to show her we understood the homework. But we need to make Tanning Fluid first.

Suspicious Fluid from the Spooky Forest, two batches of Magic Grass… so, Tauns will work… some Puni Liquid… and Blue Neutralizer!

This trait will come in handy on leather for armor!

Now for the leather itself. A Broken Rock should do the trick for synthesis…

As will this combination of ingredients.

This is gonna be some amazing leather! I know that Teach will be impressed!

Last but not least, traits!

Oh, looks like Dad came up from the basement!

Sue?

Hey, Dad! I just had a thought. You’re kind of an artist, right?

Just? “Kind of”? I’ve been an artist and alchemist for as long as you’ve known me!

Whatever. Does that mean you know about Mysterious Paintings?

(…Looks like Sue’s struck gold!)

Why? Some alchemists on the street were talking about it, that’s all…

Huh. To answer your question, yes, of course I know about them. Mysterious Paintings are pieces of artwork created using alchemy and that have worlds inside them. Many alchemists have tried but few have succeeded in creating them, making them very expensive. Their existence has only been proven recently. Until that, it was all just rumors. As an interesting note aside, the first to ever paint one was a female alchemist named Neige…

Stop, stop! That’s too much information to absorb all at once!

Kind of surprising, too. You sure do know a lot about them!

That’s because, like I said, I’m an artist and alchemist!

Me too! We told you that we went inside it! We saw a different world in there!

Nope, that can’t be. I painted that picture! I can’t make Mysterious Paintings, never! Hahaha!

As always, so confident about the stuff you can’t do!

In any case, you thinking you went inside it is all a dream. Just forget all about it.

Roger returns to the basement.

Whew! That was a close call.

Bah, another plan fails. But I’m not giving up on that painting yet!

He sure seemed relieved to get away from us after you brought up the painting in the basement. Anyway, we’ve synthesized the leather, so let’s report to Ilmeria.

The twins go to Ilmeria’s atelier.

If you’re finished, then go ahead and submit your work!

Good, good. It looks like you’ve done a good job. Well done.

We did it, Lydie!

Mmm!

How about that textbook? Did it help you?

Yes, a lot! It was so easy to understand!

With all the images and diagrams I could read it too, no trouble!

When you’re awake, anyway…

You have great in textbooks, Ilmeria! Wherever did you find it?

Oh, I didn’t buy it. I made it!

What?! You made it yourself?! Your handwriting is amazing!

That’s what you take away from that revelation? Well, I guess I’ll take it. But I’m glad you two liked the textbook I made you. After all… The textbook I used myself was really difficult. Very hard to decipher, just horrible. So I decided, if I ever got students of my own, to make my own textbook for them. I really broke down everything I had trouble with, so it should be quite easy to follow!

It was! Thank you so much for doing this for us!

We’ll keep it safe, we promise! Hey, we’ll make it a family heirloom!

Y-You don’t have to go that far! A bit of an exaggeration there! I hope it can be of help to you, though. It wasn’t easy to make, I can tell you that much! Show me that all my hard work was worth it!

We will! Oh, and do you want me to write a book report on it? I can do that, if you like!

Ah, no… That won’t be necessary. Anyway, off you go! Bye-bye!

Wow, Lydie! She practically kicked us out after you offered to write that book report!

I don’t think I went too far… anyway, let’s get back to work.

Later that day…

Hospitality…?

Ah, Lydie. Throw those materials there into the cauldron, will you?

Sure thing. Heave-ho!

You’re ignoring me? Really? After I’ve come all this way to see you? I’m a guest. A guest! Bring me some tea, some sweets, do something!

That’s no way to welcome anyone! I guess it can’t be helped. I’ll wait until you’re done.

Sorry, Lucia. We won’t be much longer.

So you say, but…

What happened to “we won’t be much longer”? You don’t seem any closer to finishing!

Hahaha. Sorry, we’ve actually started over about three times.

Having you wandering around doesn’t help, Lucia. I can’t concentrate!

And now you’re blaming me? Gah! I think my patience has run out!

Sorry, we don’t have time. We need to finish this work today.

That’s right, Work over Lucia, I’m afraid! Can you please just sit there quietly?

Sniff… Wah! Very well. I’m leaving! That’s what you want, right? Uwaaaah! Lydie and Sue, I hate you!

Eh, Lucia!? What should we do? She ran off!

I didn’t think she would actually cry. Still such a crybaby. I do feel a little bad, though… But we do have to finish this work. We’ll make it up to her next time, that’s all.

Still… remember what Lucia said about a declaration of war? You think maybe Lucia’s coming in here to distract us so we can’t get better at alchemy?

She would! But all’s fair in love and war, I guess.

That afternoon…

All done for the day! Time for some me time…

Ah, you’re reading? More studying?

No, actually. Look!

I can see where you’re coming from, but it’s really a romance! A serious love story!

Hmm, give it here. Hmm… Yes, it looks legit soppy.

The main character runs a bar, and falls in love with a girl who makes barrels for him. They have a strong bond, but all sorts of problems get in their way!

Like?

Mold grows on her barrels, and then a giant Puni appears and stops the flow of beer!

Hold on. It sounds like a comedy to me!

But the love of the two of them allows them to make it through! Ah, that’s the power of love!

I can’t take any more of this… Lydie, you’ve always loved romance stories.

Yeah, I know!

Uwah, you’re joining me in the conversation again?

I just love these pure romance stories. It so makes me want to support the lovers!

Hahaha, make up your mind, Lydie! One moment your eyes are sparking, the next they’re filled with rage! Still, romance! I’m a girl too, so I don’t dislike the idea! But we’re a bit busy at the moment.

The next day…

Bought Attention

Sue, can you get the door?

Girls! Out of the goodness of my heart, I’ve come to see you again!

Hey, Lucia. This isn’t going to go any better than last time!

S-Sorry, we’re really busy again today.

Hahah, I’ve already accounted for that! My plan to get some attention from you this time is perfect! Look at this! The greatest sweets you can find anywhere in the city!

The rulers of all sweet things! Doesn’t that cost around 30,000 Coll?

What do you think? Want to have a taste? If you spend some time with me… You can have the whole thing! Hahaha, decide! Sweet heaven, or more boring work? Which is it to be?

Sweet heaven!

Ohohoho! You girls are pushovers!

I wouldn’t say that. Who can resist a dose of sugar and some gossip about love!

We’ve almost finished all our work, too. So let’s start eating!

I’m not sure I like the feeling of buying your time, but if you are happy, I guess it worked out. By the way, though, I am still a guest. Could you at least try to treat me like one?

Ah, right! We did prepare a few things for when you came again. Sue, can you go get them?

Here, look! We picked these cookies up from the shop of this old lady who lives nearby.

These are the ones! The ones I’ve been wanting to eat! Ah, perfect!

Hahaha, go ahead and eat them all. We got them especially for you, Lucia.

Great! Heheh, they really do look delicious.

Hehe, you still have that sweet tooth, don’t you Lucia.

Some things never change. She’d always trade small, expensive treats for a multitude of cheap ones! Not that I’m one to question anyone’s tastes. We get to eat this little beauty now!

You said it. In which case, less talking and more eating!

Later that afternoon…

Lydie! Want to take a walk in the garden?

Let’s! I really need to walk off these sweets…

Mathias picks up an official

:yikes: Ah! Sorry, I’m not… I mean, no!

She leaves.

Gah, another failure. This really isn’t working.

Hahaha, how sad! Mathias, failing to ask a girl out again!

Gah, you saw that? Just the pair I didn’t want to be seen by, too.

Mathias, let’s get real for a moment. Your success rate is super low, right?

What! How did you know that? You’re not wrong, but there’s no way…

It’s your silly lines. “Lovely as the ocean”? I think my grandpa used that one!

But this is all from a book! It said this stuff works!

You can’t rely on a book. A girl wants to feel like you’re looking at them, and only them.

Guwah! Lectured on love by a kid!

Come on, Lydie, contribute something. Why do you think Mathias is always failing?

Me? Well, I guess because he doesn’t have a job?

Haha! Nice angle there, Lydie! Carry on!

Well, I wouldn’t want to date someone who’s just hanging about outside at this time of day.

Hold it. Lydie, could it be? You don’t like me?

Ooof! Now this is getting personal. I mean, I wouldn’t exactly call you reliable myself…

One thing. I’m not unemployed, OK? I do have a job, which I do often!

I’ve never seen you do it. You can’t complain if people think you’re unemployed.

I’m not unemployed! I’m not! You’ll see!

Mathias runs off.

Ah, you chased him off! Wasn’t that a bit harsh, Lydie? Could it be, you actually don’t like Mathias that much?

No, that’s not it. It’s just, sometimes, he reminds me a little bit too much of Dad.

Ah. That actually makes a lot of sense, hahaha!

Dammit! Humiliated by the twins… I really gotta cleanse my palette after that!

Mathias picks up Grace

Here I am, at the church… I wonder if there are any pretty ladies around here? Ohhh?

I need some carrots and some onions. Hehe, I’m going to cook up a delicious curry!

I’m sure a curry made by your angelic hands would taste delicious. Especially if we ate it together.’

Hehe, aren’t you a smooth talker! And wasting your talents on an old maid like me.

Old maid? Please, if you wish to reject me, I can take it. No need to bend the truth…

By my vow to the divine, I am not lying! I am in my fifties, I’ll have you know.

You are? That’s older than my mother! But you don’t look it at all…

Regardless of what you see, it’s the truth. Why don’t you try picking up someone younger, hummm?

I approached you because I was struck by your beauty. That’s all there is to this!

Oh, my! How about this, then? Let’s go shopping together, and then have some curry back at the church. How does that sound?

S-Sure, that sounds fine. I’ll help you carry the shopping bags.

Thanks, that’s a big help. Shall we?

Hmm, this is odd. How did things turn out like this? I need to hone my skills further!

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Hmm. The mysterious paintings change. Like... by chapter, or is there some other alchemy (ha!) at work here?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Just like the world outside isn't static, neither are the worlds inside the paintings; they're alive, so to speak, and will have something different (e.g. a jack-o-lantern bridge) after you finished the chapter where they're introduced.

No, it's not explained beyond that.

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Dec 10, 2018

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Respite…?

Mysterious Souvenirs

We’re definitely not slacking off! We already increased our rank to G!

Heh, sounds like you are working hard. I recently just went up to rank B myself.

B Rank! Ilmeria, I’m stunned. We’ll never catch up with you, will we?

Never say never, but I am your teacher, after all. I need to stay ahead of my students!

We’ll catch you one day, you’ll see! We’re going to be the greatest in the kingdom, after all!

Good. That’s the spirit. Keep that goal in your minds! Anyway, now that I’m here, anything you want to ask? Synthesizing, or anything else, fire away.

Ah, there is one thing. Do you know what this material is?

Inside a Mysterious Painting, actually. You know about them, Ilmeria, don’t you?

Yes, Mireille filled me in. I was too busy to help her out myself, though. Still, if you found these inside of a painting, they could contain all sorts of incredible powers. You’d better not rush into using them. Just keep them safe, for now.

I guess you’re right. We wouldn’t want to cause a massive explosion or anything, would we!

It might blow our atelier clean away! I’ll just put them back in storage, for now.

I think that’s the best decision. If there’s nothing else, then, I’ll be on my way. If you need me, come and see me anytime! Bye-bye, girls!

Ilmeria leaves.

A material that even teacher has never seen before? These paintings really are incredible!

They are! And I’ve thought of items that will help us gather even more valuable materials from them!

Such as?

Let’s start with a water bag!

You mean a…

Hmm… we’ll need a lot of leather. And quite a bit of oil. And some thread and metal.

This should scoop a fair bit of water for the time being!

Portable REDACTED

Oh, you’ve finally made that portable toile…

It’s a bag for carrying water! A bag to collect water from outside! Come on. At some point, you must have wanted to collect water, but had nothing to put it in, right? We use a lot of water in alchemy, too. So I thought this might be useful.

Hmm, OK. And in an emergency it can also serve as a toile…

Guwah!

Honestly! I hate your lack of delicacy, Sue! Seriously!

Ah! I’ve upset the wrong firebrand now, hehe.

You know what… let’s make an insect net next!

A… a what?

Insect Net

Components don’t matter for the Insect Net’s performance, so I’m omitting its synthesis.

Yes! We made an Insect Net! Now we can go and catch all sorts of bugs and insects!

Tell me, why did you make one of those? What’s the point in catching some dirty bugs?

What’s the point? Some of them can be nasty, but some of them are quite charming!

No way. All those legs, all that flying around, so hard and horrible and glistening and ugh! Most of all, there’s just too many of then! Gah, just thinking about them makes my skin crawl! In any case, I don’t think we need that item! Not at all! I vote we throw it away!

Oh, Sue. On your shoulder, there’s a…

Sue runs away.

Hehe, I was just kidding. We made this net, though, so we’re definitely going to use it!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaagh! Get it off, off, off, off!
Just for the record, for those not watching along: you can, in fact, have Sue catch bugs. She’ll even piss and moan the entire time, which adds to the charm.

The next day…

An Alchemy Exam

What is it, Dad? You’ve got a very serious look on your face.

Did you eat something bad? There’s some medicine in the cabinet over there…

That’s not it! I’ve something to tell you. I’ve had a super genius synthesis idea! However, I need a load of materials to realize it. It’s not going to be easy to collect them all. Yet it would be a waste to never let this idea see the light of day! You know what that means, right?

No! I mean, yes, I know what it means, but no! We’re not going out to collect your materials!

This kind of thing never ends well. I think you’d better leave it well alone.

How did I raise two such rude girls! This idea is all for your sakes!

Then out with it!

Let me ask. Have you ever wished we had more space in the atelier?

Sure, I’ve thought that. What? You’re going to do something with our storage?

Yes, that’s it exactly! I’m going to make your wish come true!

One of Dad’s ideas that actually sounds appealing? Very well, then. Just this once…

Hehe, I thought that’s what you’d say. Here’s your list, then!

What’s going on here? It’s just like a promotion test!

Hahah! I used my artistic skills to make it as close to the real thing as I could!

Hahahaha! In any case, my dear girls, I entrust the collection of these materials to you!

So Dad needs a lot of Ingots for whatever it is he says will be good for us.

Good thing we have a ton of em. We-

Pranks and Phobia

That’s hardly a bug! It’s tiny. Come on, then, hold still.

Lydie walks to the door.

There you are! Free to go!

Phew, it’s gone. Talk about an invader! A criminal in the house!

Hahaha. You really do hate bugs, don’t you Sue? When did that start, though? When you were a kid I remember you holding them with no fuss…

You want to know? Do you? Well, it was when I was seven…

Ah, you’re just going to tell the story?

I got up to some real nasty mischief, and so Mom put me on a timeout in the store shed. She even warned me about the ghosts in there! I was tearing up before she even closed the door! Then, in the dark, I started hearing something. It was like they were crawling all over me!

Uwah. I remember that. You were screaming your head off!

That’s right! I couldn’t do anything else! If I moved I thought I’d start crushing them! That’s when I started to hate bugs. Just thinking about them gives me goosebumps…

I see. You’ve earned some sympathy from me, then.

Glad to hear it! Mom could be pretty strict, couldn’t she? I was just playing around!

Yes? And what exactly did you do?

So much for sympathy. That would upset anyone… Which means your bug phobia is your own fault! If a bug comes close to you again, I’m not going to sweep it away!

Aaaah, no, that’s mean! Please, help me! I won’t survive without you, Lydie! Lydie! Please, Lydie! Sis, come on!

…Just kidding! Anyway, we should have enough Ingots for Dad. Let’s see what he’s got planned.

Y-Yes, Lydie! Anything to get my mind off of bugs!

A Fatherly Act

Yes, for the record, Roger’s “exams” also require you to max out a gauge. Is it required to unlock the True Ending? I don’t know, and I ain’t risking skimping on them.
Anyway, for this one, the maximum gauge condition is giving Roger 10 Ingots

Hahaha, great work! I will now present the evaluation from your dear father!

This screen indicates you aced Roger’s “test.”

Alright! Now we just have to leave it to Dad…

So you say, but… I can’t help but feel nothing good will come out of leaving it to Dad.

Some time later…

There! All done!

Can’t you tell? It’s a container!

Yes, we can see that much… What I’m asking is, why did you make it?

What? This is what you wanted. More containers means more storage room, right?

Only one thing makes sense here. We were fools for expecting anything more from you.

I can’t believe it… All that time gathering materials! All those materials! Wasted!

What exactly were you expecting, then? I guess I failed to explain myself. Ah, another screw up!

Enough, dummy-daddy! You’ve earned that name again today!

Well, anyway. It’s done now, so just try to make the best of it. After all, look how many I’ve made! Hahaha, we’ll never run out of storage space again!

W-We don’t need this many. You’ve actually made less room! We only need one!

What? After I worked so hard on all of these? That’s harsh!

You know what? I guess he isn’t wrong that we’ll never run out of storage space, ever.

After disposing of all the excess containers…

A Break Gone Awry

Sure, okay. Where do you want to go?

Let’s go to Soleil Street!

Music: Bright Girl (Lydie & Suelle Ver.)

Hey, Sue… that old man down that alleyway like he’s in a bind.

Gah, I can’t believe this! I shouldn’t have taken my eyes off her, for even a moment!

Let’s go see what’s got him down! Hey. What’s going on. Are you in trouble?

Huh? Ah, kind of… I’ve been separated from my daughter. I’d like to search for her, but we only just arrived here. I’ve no idea where to start.

That’s terrible! We’ll help you find her, right Sue?

Yes, you can count on us! We know this city like the backs of our hands, after all!

Wow, thank you… That would be a big help. Sorry, I didn’t tell you my name yet… I’m Fritz. And you two are?

Oh! I’m Lydie, and this is my sister Sue.

Nice to meet you. Hey, Mr. Fritz. What’s your daughter’s name, then?

Ah, of course. Her name is Drossel. She has black hair and endless energy. If you see a girl bouncing around full of life, that’s probably her.

Hahaha, that actually sounds pretty easy to find! We’ll look around!

She obviously wasn’t on Soleil Street, and it doesn’t look like she’s on Lune Street either.

The bridge between Lune and Soleil is a great place to spot someone out all over the city! Let’s try there!

Still no sign of her.

Let’s head toward the beach. We didn’t check there yet.

Hmm, I have to say… we’re not having much luck are we?

Too soon, Lydie…

Gah, I wanted to share this with Dad! Where’d he go?

Black hair! Endless energy! Bouncing around!

That’s her! Excuse me?

Hello! Do you need something?

Well, sorry if we’ve got this wrong, but are you Drossel?

Yep. That’s me. Who are you?

I’m Sue and this is Lydie. Cute sisters from this city!

Ahem… We were searching for you, on Mr. Fritz’s request.

Ah, I se! My dad is getting all worried about me again. It seems I have a little bit of a problem myself… Sometimes I get separated from him.

It’s alright. At least we found you. Mr. Fritz is waiting on Soleil Street. Come on, we’ll show you the way…

Soleil Street, right? Thank you! See you later!

She ran off! And Soleil Street isn’t that way!

I have a real bad feeling about this… Let’s go and tell Mr. Fritz we saw her, anyway.

The twins return to Soleil Street.

The Puppeteers Reunited

And seeing as she isn’t here with you… She isn’t back yet?

Hmm. I think I know what’s going on… Sorry for all the trouble.

No, not at all. We should have dragged her here by the hand, shouldn’t we…

Could that be classified as some kind of special ability?

It has been hard on me, too. Sometimes she just vanishes, like mist… Hmm, there’s no other choice. I’ll just have to search for her again…

Hahah! Victory! I’ve proven myself again!

Drossel! W-Why are you coming out of that person’s house?

What? I was just walking along and ended up here…

Walking along where?!

You can’t expect her to answer that… This is pure Drossel.

Please, don’t just accept it!

Anyway, this is great. Now we can start our performances!

Performances? Do you belong to a circus?

Haha, no. Puppet shows, actually! We’re travelling puppet performers. Although I tend to be focused on writing the scripts.

Wow, puppeteers! I’ve never seen a puppet show before. Hey, can you show us?

Hahaha! So you like the idea? Wonderful! That’s wonderful!

Eh? Mr. Fritz? …He sounded a bit too enthusiastic there…

I’d love to put one on for you right away, but we aren’t ready yet. It will have to be another time.

Sure, that’s fine too. Any time you are ready, just let us know!

Great! We’ll definitely put on a show as soon as we can, so look forward to it!

What?! This is our house?!

Ahem… So, you two, please come and see us any time.

Any time! That’s when you’re welcome!

Great, thanks! We’ll be sure to take you up on that offer! See you later!

Mr. Fritz had a bit of an odd moment there, didn’t he? I hope we don’t have to worry about anything…

Anyway, leisure! Instead of hunting for Drossel! It’s been a while since we’ve been to the church, right? Let’s go see what’s up there!

Goblet of Ire

:smith: Uwah! I’m sorry!

W-What’s going on here?

:catholic: Hey, girls. Ines broke a goblet used in our services.

:smith: I’m sorry. My hand just slipped!

:catholic: Just? You need to be more responsible!

I think that’s enough, Chloe. No need to be so hard on her! Everyone makes mistakes sometimes. No need to get vindictive!

:catholic: Sister Pamela… But…!

Hehe, it’s all right. Lydie and Sue here will make us another goblet, won’t you girls?

That’s right! We can whip up one of those in… hold on, us?

Why are you pushing this on us?

Ah, those sparkling eyes! That’s a low blow!

Fine! Fine! We’ll make this goblet, if we must! So please, Chloe, don’t make things any harder on Ines.

:catholic: Fine, I won’t. If that’s what all of you think. Looks like you’re off the hook, Ines.

:smith: That’s right!

All right! Please go ahead and make the goblet!

Hehe!

I know we have that Goblet to make, but I think Sister Grace wants us for something too!

Right, that sorts out the drinks. Next, some sweets…

Services for a Social

Well, I’m getting ready for a church gathering. We have some new participants as well. I’m very busy!

Hey, that sounds lovely! We’ve just been too busy ourselves to take part recently.

:smith: Hey. What’s that “church gathering” she’s talking about?

:catholic: You’ve been helping without knowing that? It’s an open church event held by the Head Sister. Anyone is free to come and we do all sorts of things like games and readings.

:smith: Wow, that sounds great!

Hey, Sister Grace. What are you going to be doing this time?

An origami class, actually. I’ll be teaching the class, so I’ve been brushing up myself!

Let me see the book… Uwah! There are all sorts of techniques in here! A rabbit, a crab, even a puni!

Wow! That’s some serious folding you’ve got planned, Sister Grace!

Of course. I’m responsible for making sure everyone has fun, after all. However, there is one issue… I’m having trouble getting enough paper together.

:catholic: Or, to put it another way, someone completely forgot to order any paper at all!

:smith: Uwah, I said I’m sorry!

I think I see what happened. Hahah, Sister Grace! You can leave that part to us!

Hey, good idea! We can synthesize as much paper as you need!

That would be great, but are you sure? This is for origami, so it needs to be good quality paper.

Hey, what is this? You don’t think we can do it? Our alchemy skills are getting better every day!

That’s right! We’ll show you exactly what we can do, Sister Grace!

Hehe, if you’re willing to go that far, very well. I will leave this in your hands. Bring as much of the most beautiful paper you can make. Thank you!

The twins go home.

We got dragged into more stuff… anyway! For a goblet, the old one was made of Ertona Crystal…

But we can’t get that here! There’s only one place in the world that has Ertona Crystals, and that’s Ertona!

Bah! Guess we’ll have to put that one on hold, then. Hope they can get by without a goblet for a while. Anyway, for paper…

Good thing we have so many high-quality plants! And we just need some water and neutralizer, and we’re set!

Good quality, and many components… I get the feeling that using this Darkshroom as a catalyst will let us do all of these ingredients justice!

The spots from the catalyst really made this paper fibrous!

That’s four pieces of Zettel! We should probably prepare more, since I get the feeling Grace will need plenty for an origami social.

Alright!

The next day…

The Sister’s Stewardship

Here you are, Sister Grace. This is the paper you asked for!

Thank you so much. The quality is quite remarkable, too! Did you really make all this?

Yep, we sure did! We made it together!

Then I’m very impressed. This is a massive step up from that watery medicine you used to make…

Talk about conflicting feelings! It’s like we’re being praised, but also learning something very unflattering…

Hahaha… Was it really that bad? Anyway, I guess you can hold the church gathering now!

Yes. That’s everything we need. Now I have to do my part! More people coming each time is great, but it also means I have to step up my game! Just how much fun can I help everyone have? As the organizer of this event, that’s where I need to show my skills!

Ah, you’re on fire! A true entertainer!

:catholic: No, she’s a nun…

Which reminds me… I thought the idea of the church gatherings was to bring in more worshippers?

Yes, I think she mentioned something like that. A while ago now, though… Has she forgotten?

:smith: Do we maybe need to rethink our priorities a little?

Uwah! No, not at all! The church is open to all. If it is bringing joy to many people, I am sure God is happy with that.

Wow, nice recovery.

:smith: I am impressed.

Flawless dodge, as always.

Hohoho! I have preparations to make, farewell.

Sister Grace leaves.

Hmm… Sister Grace can be a little strange, but that’s why I love her!

Me too!

Anyway… it’s been a while and we’ve done plenty. It feels like the reputation of our atelier has increased a lot. Maybe we can take the next exam?

I was thinking the same thing. Let’s go and ask Mireille about it!

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jul 12, 2019

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

So, yeah, a few very dense and long updates later, it's back to the main plot, though I'm gonna get busy in the week before the holidays so I dunno how my update schedule will shake out; I've got everything through the end of Chapter 4 recorded.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Part 4-4: The Race to F Rank

An Exam and a Race

What do you think? Do you want to try the next Promotion Test?

Yes!

We’re ready!

Very well. The next exam is…

Hold it!

Correct. In which case, I’ll tell you all together. The task this time is… this!

Defeating monsters close to the city? There have been a lot of monster sightings recently. Though this is the first I’ve heard of something as dangerous as dragons close by…

There have. Our knights are trying to keep up, but there are just too many of them.

It’s that bad that you need us to help out, huh?

Twins, Lucia. Will you combine your strength and defeat these monsters for us? Then I’ll promote you all. What do you think? It sounds like a pretty good deal, right?

Not to me! I can handle defeating monsters alone!

Hey! Hold on, Lucia!

Ohohoho! We’re rivals. I don’t need to work with you! I’m going to defeat all those monsters and rank up all alone! See you later!

Ah! Sue, let’s move! We need to defeat the monsters before Lucia does!

She thinks she pulled one over us, huh? Well we’ll show her in the end!

The reports say the monsters were sighted at the Great Woods of Gurm-Adis… which is about a day out from the capital.

Let’s hurry!

I’m not seeing many monsters so far… maybe they’re deeper in the forest.

Deeper in the forest it is, then. They don’t call this place the Great Woods for nothing. Anyway, no sign of Lucia so far…

And the Winner is…

Speak of the…

You’re here already? I’m going to defeat them all first!

Hah. We won’t lose to you. We’ll defeat them all first!

Pick up the pace, Lydie, or she really will beat us there!

Uwah! I’m trying!

Some time later…

Pant… pant…

Even I’m winded from all that running…

Hmm, this is odd. I don’t see any monsters anywhere…

And certainly nothing as dangerous as a dragon…

But I can’t believe Mireille would lie to us about the exam…

Huh? Over there, look!

Yes, can I help you?

Music: Song of Leaving Home (Lydie & Suelle Ver.)

Oh, I defeated them. I heard about some dangerous monsters and I came to take care of them.

You defeated them? You defeated our examination targets?

E-Examination? Is this part of the Atelier Ranking System?

That’s right. Wait a sec, lady… How do you know about it?

How do you think? I’m in the ranking system too! I’m Firis Mistlud. I’m a traveling alchemist.

Firis, is it? I’m Lydie, and this is my sister Sue.

We’re twins, and alchemists too. Ah, and this is Lucia.

Hahaha, nice to meet you all. I’m really sorry for messing up your exam, though. Hmm… I know! Will you come to my atelier? I want to apologize to you all. I’ll really make it up to you there!

To your own atelier? Can we?

Of course! It’s a pretty unique one too, so I’m sure you’ll love it. I put it up in the Garden of Merk. I’ll be waiting for you there!

Firis leaves.

Did she just say that she “put up” her atelier? What does that mean?

There’s only one way to find out. I take it you’re coming too, Lucia?

No, not today. I’m going to go and get Mireille to set me a new task. I’ll get her to do the same for you as well. After all, I want to beat you fair and square!

Very well, Lucia! You never make things easy on yourself, do you? Just let us know the details!

We might as well beat it ourselves. It’s cold and rainy and I need a warm bed and pillow like you wouldn’t believe it!

The next morning…

Firis said she’d be waiting for us somewhere in the Garden of Merk, right? Let’s go catch up with her!

A Big Tent and a Big Sister

Lydie! Look!

That tent! Could it be…?

Lydie, Sue! Over here!

Ah! This is your tent, Firis? We noticed it here before! And it’s an atelier?

Come on inside and take a look. I’m sure you’ll be surprised!

Very well. In we go!

Well?

What! We just walked into a tent, right? So how is it so big inside here?!

Surprise! This tent was made using alchemy. It twists space, expanding the insides!

Twists space? Alchemy can do that?

It sure can! There’s nothing alchemy can’t do!

An apology for defeating those monsters. I’m so sorry for messing up your exam!

Beast Meat received.

No need to apologize! You didn’t know. Thank you for this, as well.

You’ve shown us this amazing atelier, too. You hardly have to give us anything else!

Thank you! Both of you.

Hm, was that the do-

That's-

Wah!

She just leapt right past us…

L-Liane! Quit it, I’m having guests!

Who cares about them! My love for Firis is unwavering!

Liane? Liaaaaaane?

Yes… Well, we just met. So Firis is the sister you mentioned?

That’s right! The cutest, most precious, most darling younger sister in the whole wide world!

I’m sorry about this, you two. Liane always gets a bit worked up when it comes to, well, me. It might take her a while to calm down. Could you come back another time? I’m really sorry.

The twins leave.

Ah, we didn’t get a chance to ask Firis what her rank is! With that tent, I bet it’s pretty high.

I think so too. We just have to ask her next time. Now, let’s go and see Mireille.

The twins leave for the castle.

There you are, twins. I’ve got your new exam task all ready for you!

The New F Rank Exam

What? More monsters?

Sorry! The more we hunt, the more show up. They are causing so many problems for the city.

Why do you think that is? Are they looking for food? Or running away from something scary?

I’ve suspicions, but… no. We still don’t know. All we can do is clear them out for now. I’ve given Lucia a different exam this time, so there’s no rush. Just be sure to defeat them.

We will!

Hold on, Sue. Before we return to the Great Woods of Gurm-Adis… I just realized something about Liane’s shop.

Did you… oh. Now I’m curious myself…

The Lovely Firis

That’s right! She’s my darling baby sister! Sweet enough to eat!

Haha, so the name of your store, “Lovely Firis”…

Right again, it’s taken from Firis’ name. It lets me feel like we’re together all the time. When I told her about it, she got all embarrassed! That was so cute too! Ah, I can hardly put it into words just how great Firis is!

L-Liane? Come back to us, Liane!

Lydie… I’m sorry for bringing all this up. Run for it! She’ll never shut up if we hang around here…

G-Good point! Liane, we’ll see you later!

I mean it! Run like an angry ghost is chasing us!

Hey, Sue… do you think Liane even noticed that we ditched her?

Nope. Anyway, new exam! Let’s get to it!

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 12, 2019

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Part 4-5: Renown and Restoration

Uwah, look at all these monsters! I can see why they’re causing so much trouble.

You said it! We have to do this, not just for our exam but also for the people of the city!

Now let’s get to it!

A few bombs should fell this Wood Golem!

Hey! Don’t leave me out of the action!

Your turn, Mathias! You want in on this?

What do I look like, an alchemist?!

Oh, right. Sorry. Anyway, just take defensive maneuvers since this thing’s armor is too tough for your sword to even scratch it.

Uwah!

That looks painful. But thankfully this thing’s slow… so Lydie and I just have to seize the chance!

That’s one down!

And a lot more to go… but we can’t stop yet!

Hey, Sue. You think we might have better bang for our effort if we hunt down monsters that stick in packs?

Sure thi-uwah! These guys got the jump on us!

Nngh… gimme a break!

Alright, now let’s finish this!

That’s three!

Heh… I’m all the stronger now!

There really do seem to be a lot more monsters here than there were for our previous exam.

All the more reason to give it our all. Next up!

Puni! These ones are stronger than the ones we’re used to fighting.

But they’re nothing an Ice Bomb can’t handle!

Six!

This makes it nine!

Eleven!

Newfound Renown

I hope so, but there are still some monsters here. I think we should defeat a few more?

Hey, hello. We’re here to defeat these monsters, actually.

:v: Wow! You’re even fighting monsters now? You really do take every odd job you can get!

Do I have to tell you this again? We run an atelier, not an odd job store!

:v: Hahaha, I’m just poking fun. In fact, your atelier has a pretty good reputation nowadays! Careful, good quality work, so they say, with no job too big or too small. Here you are, defeating monsters! Thank you, both of you! I’m going to spread the word about town! The twins with an atelier, protecting us all from monsters!

The twins’ neighbor leaves for Merveille.

Hehe, well done! A good reputation is worth a lot… Wait… girls? Why do you look so stiff?

Most people didn’t even know we run an atelier… We’re just not used to positive comments!

Hahahaha! That’s so precious! You’re lost for words because you’re so happy? Hahaha! My stomach hurts! You guys are just too cute!

E-Enough with the laughing already! We’re done! Finished with this topic!

Haha, yes, I’m stopping. There’s nothing wrong with being happy for being praised, though. Such pure, innocent feelings are always worth holding onto.

Anyway! We’re not done out here yet!

Right! If there’s anything we know about Mireille, it’s that she rewards us for going the extra mile on our exams!

Fourteen!

Seventeen!

And that’s twenty! But we’ve been out all day, and we’re running really low on supplies… and stuff to patch Mathias up with. Let’s go home!

The next morning…

Victory and Rewards

:siren:Flower stamp condition:siren: : Defeat 20 monsters in the Great Woods of Gurm-Adis.

Great work! With this, my dear twins, you have now reached F Rank!

Yes! Another step forward! What about Lucia?

My my! If it isn’t Lucia? You took your sweet time, didn’t you?

Grr… don’t tell me…

We’ve already reached F Rank, actually! Hahahaha!

Ugh! A matter of seconds! We made it at almost the same time, so this is a draw!

Sure, keep telling yourself that!

Hehehe, you really are great friends. Lucia, you’re up to F Rank too. Well then, all three of you. As promised, I’ll take you to your next Mysterious Painting.

Yes! Heheh, what kind of painting is it this time? I can’t wait to see it!

Just you wait and see, girls. You may have beaten me to F Rank, but… I’ll prove my superiority to you during this exploration!

Bleeeh! That’s our line! We are not going to lose to you now, Lucia.

There is one thing about the painting, however… well, you’ll see. Let’s gather in the gallery.

The royals, the twins and Lucia gather there.

Impressive, right? I found this one. The negotiations were pretty tough, too.

Impressive, Mathias! Without further ado, then, into the world of the painting we go…

Hold on? Nothing’s happening. Mathias! Did you get lumbered with a fake?

As if! Sis, explain.

You see, “The Luminous Ice Grotto” is very old. It’s lost its power as a Mysterious Painting.

Lost its power? How can we go inside and investigate it then?

There is a way. A way to restore the lost power of a Painting. And that way… is called… Restoration!

Was the build up really worth it, for something that obvious?

Ahem. In any case, that’s how we return the lost power of a Mysterious Painting.

Restoration requires Mysterious Paints, also known as “Neige’s Paints”. We asked Ilmeria, but she’s already got her hands full.

Sorry, but could you start by helping her out!

Of course! Ah, but we don’t need your help, Lucia. Actual students should be the ones to aid their teacher.

Seriously? Then I’ll accept your offer. Restoration sounds like a pain, to be honest.

Hahaha. Let’s go and talk to our teacher.

The twins go to Ilmeria’s atelier.

Their Mentor’s Old Friend

Why is Firis calling Ilmeria Teach. They don’t have that kind of relation.

Quiet! Just give me a moment! You’re in the way of my synthesis!

Hey, Firis. What are you doing in our teacher’s atelier?

Heheh, I was just walking along and spotted Ilmeria. So I followed her back to her atelier!

We’ve been friends for a long time. Right now, though, I’m really busy with work! So please…

Ah! Work! That reminds me, Ilmeria! We have some Restoration we need to do.

Some what?

Mireille and Mathias filled us in. They said that they asked you to help make Neige’s Paints to restore the Luminous Ice Grotto, but also that you were too busy for it.

Right, painting restoration. How far did I get with this… I received the basic recipe, rearranged it, but didn’t get around to the synthesis. Just wait a moment, I’ll get to it…

Don’t worry, Ilmeria! We’ll handle this. You seem busy, so just carry on!

Right! You’ve done so much for us as our teacher, so please! Rely on us for a change!

Really? That’s very kind of you. Take it straight to Mireille once you’re finished.

Sure thing! Leave it to us!

So tell me, Ilmeria. Why do they call you teacher? When did that happen?

Can I please get some peace and quiet! Ah, I’ve got a good idea. You go and help them out! It’s not like you have anything better to do! The two of them are going somewhere very interesting!

Somewhere interesting? I want to go! What do you say, you two? Do you mind?

Not at all! Having you along would be a big help, Firis.

Hehe, that settles that then. One thing, though. Firis?

I want you to support them without doing their work for them.

Hahaha, I understand. I won’t get too carried away.

Ilmeria? Firis? What are you whispering about?

Oh, it’s nothing. Shall we get started on our little adventure, then?

Off you go! Good luck making the items you need for the Restoration!

Hey, Lydie… it’s great that Firis has joined, but now we have to figure out formations.

Formations?

Yeah! So we can support each other and our friends and get the most out of each other on the battlefield.

Right! Those of us in the back row will have tricks up our sleeves to pull our weight!

You got it, Lydie! Anyway… Firis?

Sue?

Back me up, will you?

Sure! I’ll do everything in my power to support you!

Right! Speaking of formations… Lydie, let’s go over something before we synthesize the paints!

The twins go home.

What’s on your mind, Sue?

Hey, Lydie. I’ve been wondering about this for a while…

Battle Mix

Hmm, I’ve no idea. They’re so lovely, so I can’t stop collecting them. Maybe this is a good chance to experiment with them a little?

Count me in. Coming from the worlds inside those paintings, I bet they’ll make something amazing!

Hmmm… So they’re called “Archeus Anima”… and they’re incredible reactive…

Let’s mix it with some materials… whoa!

Sue. This is even more incredible than I expected!

I know. We can use this to skip the synthesizing process! Although I don’t understand how it works.

Mix gunpowder and it makes bombs. Mix herbs and it becomes medicine. How do you think it works? Is it like a portable alchemy cauldron? Or could it be…

Enough fussing over the details! The important thing now is how to use this in the future! Luckily for you, I’ve had an idea already! Show me that notebook for a moment!

Sure!

Hmm… Right! There we go!

W-What’s this?

Ta-dah! Leave it to me! A revolutionary idea that will let us synthesize during battle!

We can use materials and Archeus Anima during battle to synthesize on the spot! It sounds convenient and useful, yeah?

Wow! That might be revolutionary after all. The effects are weaker than just synthesizing normally, but the speed is just amazing!

I know, right? It also takes so much less room than all those bombs and medicine! Viva la survival on location!

Hahaha, I don’t think you’re using a lot of those words in the right way, Sue. Still, this is definitely super convenient. Let’s give it a field test as soon as we can!

Now with that… time to make the paints!
The synthesis literally doesn’t matter when making paints for Restoration, so. Just be sure you have the ingredients on hand!

Restoration and… Roger?

Finally! I can’t wai-

Dad? You know about these paints too?

Hahaha, of course! Those are what you need to paint a Mysterious Painting. They are also called “Neige’s Paints”, after the first person to make a Mysterious Painting.

You’ve impressed me again, Dad. You know all the strangest stuff!

Hahaha! What do you mean by “strange”? Anyway, what do you need those for?

What? (He suddenly started sounding really unusually serious there…) Oh, nothing in particular. We just wanted to see if we could make them! That’s all!

Is that so? Just don’t go sticking your heads into danger, alright?

Roger leaves.

Huh. Dad’s like a different person when it comes to Mysterious Paintings.

I know, it’s crazy! We’ve made the paints, anyway. Let’s go and show them to Mireille.

The twins go to the castle.

Restoration

Good, good work. We’ll start the Restoration right away.

The three go to the gallery.

Restoration might sound exciting, but it’s simple, really. First, twins, take this.

New Dream Paintbrushes received.

That’s right. I’ve tweaked them a little. The Dream Paintbrushes exist to perform Restoration. Now, I’ll explain how Restoration is performed. First… you’ll need the Mysterious Paint tailored to the painting you’re restoring. Then just use the Dream Paintbrushes and the Mysterious Paint… and voila! That’s how it goes. Do you want to give it a try?

Whoa! I just lifted the brush, and it did all the work!

Hehe, simple, right? Now the painting is restored. You can go into “The Luminous Ice Grotto”.

I can’t wait!

It’s time to call Lucia, then. I’ll send Mathias.

Ah, Mireille? Could you also let Firis know that we’ve finished with the restoration?

Oh, Firis as well? Yes, we’ve asked for her help as well. Hehe, that’s reassuring. After all, she’s…

Hm? Something about Firis?

No, it’s nothing. Right then, both of you! I’ll be expecting another fruitful investigation!

After the gang assembles…

Hey, this is a Mysterious Painting! I heard a bit about these from Ilmeria.

Looking at them from the outside is quite different from getting in there. You’ll see!

What are you mumbling about? We’ll leave you behind, Lucia!

Hey! Hold it! Wait for me!

Right! Time for a new journey! Now… how do we get in?

You have to wish to enter. To experience the world inside…

…Whoa!!

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jan 14, 2019

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Part 4-6: Their Rival’s Challenge

The Threat in the Grotto

Music: The Glittering Blue Depths -Lydie

Wow! It looked pretty on the outside, but it’s even more beautiful now that we’re actually inside!

Beautiful and fantastical! Let’s get this investigation rolling!

Hahaha! No need to tell Firis twice!

Ah! Just look at her go…

We can walk around, and touch things too! Hahaha! This is amazing, like a waking dream!

She seems very excitable. Is she really older than us?

Hahaha, does it matter? That’s really adorable, if you ask me.

Everyone! Check out these flowers!

Ah! Look at how clear and beautiful this all is! What’s it made from? Crystal?

I’ll see for myself… Uwah, it’s cold! It’s not crystal, but ice. This entire cave is made of ice!

I see. So this is the Luminous Ice Grotto itself. Achoo! We should have packed something warmer.

Kyah! What was that? A monster?

I hope that’s all it was. Let’s proceed with caution. We don’t know what’s in here.

I see rocks everywhere. I bet that rocks in this painting will be full of rare gems and crystals!

Music: The Glittering Blue Depths -Suelle-

Oh? Hey, Sue! Can I see that crystal?

This?

No way… that’s an Ertona Crystal! There’s only one place in the whole wide world you’re supposed to be able to find these, and that’s Ertona, the mining town I hail from! Amazing! This place really is like a dream!

Hate to burst your bubble, Firis, but just look up!

Is this whole tree made of ice? Or crystal? Right down to its flowers?

Wow! This is all so incredible!

Now that we’re deeper in… this section of the Luminous Ice Grotto is very labyrinthine. “Glacial Labyrinth” is pretty fitting.

Labyrinthine?

Like a giant maze.

There you go again with your big words… oh!

Behind that rock, there’s a treasure che-woah!

Oooh, Sue! Use that Ice Bomb!

Sure thing! It makes sense that Ice Bombs will pack more punch in a frozen world like this. …Hope this thing’s ready for some pain!

Hehehe… my turn!

Woohoo! Nailed it! Now, off we go!

Psst, Sue. Did Firis just…

Fire an arrow that caused a huge ice explosion? She made the Ice Bomb look like an ice cube… we really oughta ask her how she does that!

It probably takes some time and effort to charge that up and then unleash it. I don’t think we can rely on her to fire off those ice-imbued arrows every time we toss a bomb.

Right…

The treasure chest had a weapon sub-part, but there’s nothing further in that direction.

So let’s back the way we came. Nowhere to go but to take a right…

Peril, Promises and Plans

Uwah, there it is again. It sounds like it’s getting closer, too.

Hey! Lydie might be frightened, but I’m certainly not.

Settle our rivalry? How?

That monster we’ve been hearing. The one who defeats it first will be the winner!

What? That sounds a bit dangerous. I don’t think we should be playing games in here…

Ohohoho! Then I win by default! I knew it, I’m the best!

Yes! I’d expect no less from my rivals. The contest begins now!

A-Are you sure, Sue? I have a bad feeling about all this.

Anyway! Forward! We can’t back down now, Lydie!

Hmm, something really bothers me about Lucia. For Lydie and Sue’s childhood friend, she sure acts really strangely around them…

Oh, Mathias? What’s the matter?

Tell me, why are you always so aggressive with the twins? You’re childhood friends with them, right?

Oh. Well. I’ll tell you, I guess, so long as you promise never to tell anyone else.

Sure, I can make that promise. Come on, tell me. I really want to know.

Very well. You promised, remember? The reason is… *whisper whisper* That’s it!

Haha! That’s your reason? Hahahaha!

Hey! What are you laughing for?! I’m never telling you anything else, that’s for sure!

Hahah… wait, I hear something huge coming!

So do I! Like wings flapping, but much heavier…

Kyaaaaah! It just suddenly popped out!

W-Wait… W-What’s going on? It feels like it’s just watching us?

Don’t wait to see what it does! Everyone, throw some bombs! T… Take this!

Are you even trying to hit it? Because you’re not! Now let me show you how it’s done!

You aren’t either, Lucia! Did you practice to so completely lack control?!

Calm down, both of you! That monster is too fast to hit with bombs!

Awaaaaah! R-Run for it! Can we just run away from this one?

I don’t think we can… Look at that face! Even if we run, it will just chase us!

Uwah, that looks bad! It’s about to launch a nasty attack, I can tell!

Uwaaah! Save me, Lucia!

Hey, quit it! Don’t use me as a shield!

Graaaaaaaah!

Nyaaaaaah!

Phew… we… we made it in one piece!

Somehow! But what about…

Aaaah… Ah?

What’s with that thing? It froze Lucia and then just left?

Does that monster have a grudge against Lucia? Ah, no time for that now! Lucia! Lucia!

Thank you, Lucia. I’ll never forget your sacrifice. Goodbye!

No! Sue, you can’t! We can’t give up on Lucia!

I’m kidding, of course! But what can we do? Use some bombs to melt the ice, maybe?

That might work, but just be careful! Use too strong a bomb and…

You’ll blow Lucia to pieces? Is there such a thing as a “just right” bomb, though?

We’re out of options! Whether or not it works… we’ve only one way to find out!

Gulp! We’re staking it all on this bomb!

Boom!

This is bad. We need to warm her up, and quickly. Il won’t be happy with me for this, but… It’s an emergency, so I’ll use alchemy! Hmm… This medicine should stabilize her! And I oughta start a campfire to keep her warm…

A campfire? We can at least help with that!

Later, around the campfire…

Phew, that’s nice and warm. I didn’t expect to get frozen so suddenly!

I’m sorry, Lucia. I just grabbed you and used you like a shield.

I’m sorry too. I never expected things to take such a chilling turn.

Well, I’m glad to see you show some repentance. I forgive you. See my generosity!

You know what? I’ll give you that, just this once.

One thing I have to say, though. Investigating these Mysterious Paintings is a bit dangerous! With so many monsters around, there’s no telling what will happen next. Is this really safe for Lydie and Sue?

You raise some good points. More experienced alchemists might be more suited to all this…

No! I won’t allow it. I won’t let anyone else handle this!

Same goes for me! I want us to be the ones to continue these investigations!

Sue I can understand, but you too, Lydie? Why do you both feel so strongly about this?

I know, we still have a lot to learn. Keeping that promise still feels like a distant dream… And yet, with the materials from inside these paintings, even we can make incredible items!

We need the materials from here to help increase our Atelier Rank. Please! That’s why we need to continue to investigate these paintings! No matter how dangerous they get!

Please! We have to do this! For our mom… to become great alchemists, to run the best atelier in the kingdom and fulfill the promise we made with her… there’s nothing we won’t do!

I see. So these investigations will help you make your dreams come true? In which case, Mathias, let me ask you on their behalf, too! Please, let them continue…

Say no more. I can hardly turn you down after hearing all that.

You two are as awkward as ever, aren’t you! Let’s just carry on with the investigation. If something happens, you can use me as a shield again. I’m your big sister, after all!

Ah!

Ahem. We need to complete the investigation into this world, first. We’ll settle our rivalry later. In order to complete our task safely, we will need to work together to defeat that monster.

Easy to say, but how do we accomplish that? It’s too fast to hit with our attacks.

Hmm…

Lydie. Do you have an idea?

Hm? Oh. Yes, I think so, but it’s probably a bit too dangerous…

We’ll decide that once we hear it. Just tell us. It might be a good idea.

Okay, well, first we hit its wings with bombs. Slow it down, to make it easier to hit with attacks. To land that first attack, though, we need to create an opening. That means we need a decoy.

I see. That sounds like a job for me.

Are you sure? You might get frozen again!

That monster does seem a bit obsessed with me. So nobody can do the job like I can. After that… We just have to defeat it before anyone gets frozen.

…Alright! First, then, we need to find it.

Gyaaaaaah!

The monster’s nest might be in that direction. Let’s go and take a look.

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jul 12, 2019

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Part 4-7: Settlement

Up ahead! Treasure!

Would you look at that… actual crystals!

I dunno how to use these, but I bet they’ll be useful in alchemy! Anyway, back on track!

No kidding about this cavern being full of spikes. This world is seriously pretty… but also seriously dangerous.

And the greatest danger of all, the monster’s nest, still lies somewhere ahead.

At least this cavern isn’t as labyrinth… whatever! Onward!

Eeek! What is that huge, hulking monster?

Dunno, but my gut tells me to steer clear of it! It looks like it can take a real beating before going down.

Hey, Lydie. Remember when we were in that painting in the basement and got attacked by that black Puni thingy? Or when we rescued Lucia from the black monster with scythe-like arms in the Spooky Forest? I have a hunch that giant back there is related to them somehow.

We’ve seen monsters like that in every painting so far. Are they demons from the paintings?

I don’t get anything about it. Anyway, we’ve got bigger lizards to skin! We’re closing in on the ice dragon, so we oughta be on our guard now.

Now that we’re in the deepest depths of the Luminous Ice Grotto, the path forward has become straightforward.

We’ve finally reached the deepest depths… so I’ll steel myself for what’s to come.

There’s a clearing ahead… oh!

Showdown and Settlement

There it is. No time to waste, then!

O-Okay. Gulp!

Lydie, are you sure about this? You seem quite nervous.

I’m f-fine! I’ll make sure this works!

What about you, Lucia? I think I’d make a better decoy.

Thank you for your concern, but I’ve got this.

Understood. Just say the word if it all gets too much.

Right, Lydie, Lucia. Time to get to work!

Right!

Graaoooooooow!

Uh! It turned our way…!

He took the bait! Lydie, now!

U-uh… I can’t move…

Hey! Lydie! Move now, or Lucia is in big trouble!

Graaoooooooow!

Music: Softly Turn the Page

Ugh!

You… both of you, are going to surpass me and become the greatest alchemists in the land! Right?! In which case, this should be no problem for you! You can do this with your eyes closed!

Yes! Thank you, Lucia! As for you… eat this!

Gyaaaagh!

Music: Gemini Wing

Come at me, you overgrown lizard!

I’ll keep us all safe!

Ugh, what a pain! What IS this thing made of?! Lufts would be our best bet against it, but those’ll cause the cave’s icicles to drop on US to boot! …At least the environment’s still good for the Ice Bomb!

Let’s go!

Stand back! Here it comes!

Uwah!

Mathias! Heal up!

Don’t need to tell me twice!

Now, let’s try this out…

Light him up, Firis!

You got it!

Ah, haha… that could have went better…

Hyah!

That went better than Mathias’ attack, at least.

Hey!

Maybe Crafts are our strongest, safest bet, then!

Here it comes again!

Was that all this time around?

I’m glad that was it! Now let’s keep at it!

Now’s our chance! Eat this!

Ah! That didn’t finish it off… so just to be safe!

Get ba-

Aaaaargh! This is bad! Real bad!

I’ve been taking the brunt of this dragon’s abuse, so it’s only fair I treat myself!

Let’s finish this!

Wait, Lydie?! If you don’t finish it off with that, then-

Well?

Phew. It worked! Thank you, everyone. Especially you, Lucia, for doing the difficult part!

Hehe, no need for that. This was all thanks to Lydie’s plan.

Hey! M-M-M-M-M-Mathias! You promised not to say that! Especially not in front of these two!

Hahaha! Whoops! But now that the cat’s out of the bag… How about being honest about how you feel, for once?

What’s all this? What are you talking about, Mathias?

When I asked Lucia why is she always so hard on you two, do you know what she whispered to me? That even though she’s older than you, neither of you ever ask her for anything.

Haha! Hahaha! Lucia, that’s what you’ve been thinking?

Hahaha! How sweet! Lucia, you little sweetie!

Uwaaaah! You’re wrong! All wrong! I don’t think that at all! We should continue the investigation! We’ve defeated the monster, so let’s get moving!

Lucia runs ahead.

I can’t believe her, honestly. We rely on her for so much! Can’t she see that?

I know! Not that I’d ever admit it to her face. Hehe! Anyway… I guess that monster was the boss of this place? Because there isn’t really much left for us to explore.

There’s a pathway, I guess. Let’s see where it ends up.

The party proceeds to the end of the pathway, where they find…

Truce

Hey, you’re right. The color is different, though. I wonder what they are?

Shiny Crystal Fragments obtained.

Phew, anyway, that’s the end of this… achooo! Can we get out of here now? I’m about to catch a cold.

I suppose you’re right. But I wouldn’t mind looking around a little more…

Haha. So adventurous, aren’t we!

Lydie, Sue. This isn’t the end of our rivalry. Nothing has changed. Even if we grew up together, and I’m like a big sister to you. That’s that, and this is this!

That’s what now? You need to spell it out.

Hahaha! Of course, Lucia. We’ll continue to count on you for so much, I’m sure!

Leave it to your big sister! Now let’s get out of here.

A Licensed Alchemist and a Suspicious Alchemist

There were all sorts of things in there! I got frozen by a monster, acting a decoy, all sorts.

That sounds crazy! I’ll need a full report. Ah, Firis. I have your next exam ready.

Thank you, Mireille. I’ll do my very best on the next one, too!

That reminds me… Firis, what rank are you at the moment?

Oh, didn’t I tell you? I’m currently B rank.

Hehe, she’s a certified alchemist. It goes without saying that she’s good.

Hm? Why is everyone gawking at me all of a sudden…?

Lydie has acquired the skill “Gentle Heart”.
Gentle Heart - Increases the Recovery amount.

Meanwhile, somewhere else…

The mysterious boy rummages around, until he finds…

Hmm, very interesting. Hehehe… This is all I need! Hahahaha!

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jul 12, 2019

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
My one complaint about this game is it doesn't have frequent enough boss fights to test that you crafted well enough, which makes this chapter one of my favorites gameplay wise

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

I actually had one party member KO'd my first time fighting this boss because I had no idea what I was doing with formations or crafting; as it turned out, just having Mathias tank all of the dragon's attacks with defense buffs let me get by with default equipment this time around, even though everyone's offensive firepower is still pretty low.

And hell, later on sheer brute forcing boss fights without even getting hit actually becomes a viable strategy if you craft the right things to use and equip, but we're still multiple chapters out from getting access to those gamebreaking items.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Chapter 4 debrief

Yeah, yeah, each chapter progressively needs more updates to cover everything. It comes with the territory of more of the cast showing up (another Mysterious series protagonist and three more characters) and the plot picking up. On that note, Firis joining and formations being introduced really gets the battle system going, and it’s gonna be more fun than ever once the party fills out (and since I have the two DLC characters, fills out and then some).

For ambitions, here are F Rank’s ambitions:

Gee Sue, I wonder why Mathias doesn’t have better luck with the ladies what with his :airquote: master pickup artist :airquote: mindset

Character Art/3D Models
Corneria OA (NOCO)
Fritz OA (Yuugen)
Drossel OA (Yuugen)
Firis OA (Yuugen)
Firis 3D Model
Firis’ outfit should look a bit familiar if you’ve played the previous titles; it’s a combination of Liane’s blouse and Sophie’s coat, as homage to two of the most important people in her life.

Location Notes and Memos:
Merveille:

This is Firis’ atelier. It sure is convenient to be able to have your atelier in a tent. I wonder if we could do the same…

This is Fritz’s house. There is a system in Merveille of leasing houses cheaply to travelers. That is why so many people visit.

Outskirts:

This is a damp forest with lots of swamps. Fall here and your clothes are in for a world of dirt. I hear there’s always a bottomless swamp out there, so we should be careful.
Hey, Lydie, could you tell me a bit more about who the hell Gurm and Adis were? No? Okay. Game doesn’t care beyond mentioning them, and so neither does Lydie.

Mysterious Painting:

This painting world contains ice that looks like crystal. It’s very beautiful, but it’s extremely cold to the touch.

Bestiary Notes:

It’s a hell of a dick move that this thing’s got resistances to Fire and Ice, which neuters my best source of damage output (Firis’ follow-up attacks), and a weakness to Air, in a painting world where your entire frontline gets chunked whenever you use a Luft. Did I mention that the first time I fought this boss, I got someone knocked out that way?

Music:
The Glittering Blue Depths -Lydie-
This is Lydie’s music for The Luminous Ice Grotto. The sound director made me retake the piece several times, saying he didn’t want to hear any liquid in it - everything had to be frozen solid! But actually, there are parts of the map where the water isn’t frozen… In the end, I almost overused the synth pads which gave a sense of cold to the atmosphere, and eventually got the okay. (Yano)

The Glittering Blue Depths -Suelle-
This is Suelle’s music for The Luminous Ice Grotto. The drums here aren’t synthesized, but are recorded live, and the baseline is a little more jumpy. The atmosphere of the piece is a little more speedy. By the way, can you see a little visual warmth in the scene, perhaps due to the reflection of the light, that counteracts the cold? I tried to reflect this element as well when selecting my instruments. (Yano)

Gemini Wing
Lead and backing guitars are played by series regular Toshinori Hiramatsu, with his usual panache. This piece was ordered for use in generic scenario boss battles. Personally, I like the way we managed to achieve that balance between the light touch of a standard battle and the heaviness of a boss battle. (Achiwa)

Song of Leaving Home (Lydie & Suelle Ver.)
Firis’s theme returns. Her character theme in the previous title incorporated her loneliness and uneasiness at journeying into the unknown, but in this title she has grown into a fine alchemist, so this version reflects her newfound confidence. (Achiwa)
The themes for the returning alchemists so far (Ilmeria, Firis) really put on a much more mature air compared to when they were maybe a year or two older than the twins back in their debut games. Which is fitting; they get to play the role of reliable, supportive adults in the twins’ lives, which is pretty welcome given pretty much the entirety of Roger’s screen time thus far.

Camellia Sazanka (Lydie & Suelle Ver.)
Corneria’s theme again. She still seems to be operating her shop, and there hasn’t been any dramatic change in her appearance, so I was at a loss as to what changes to make to the piece. In the end, I took inspiration from her clothing, and incorporated something of a Japanese taste into the music. (Achiwa)

Bright Girl (Lydie & Suelle Ver.)
This is the theme for the puppet-loving family Fritz and Drossel. Checking their events in the game, I felt that Drossel’s “Bright Girl” theme would serve well as a base for the track. Come to think of it, there was a secret message hidden in the comments for that track… (Achiwa)
I do not have a copy of Atelier Firis, and thus have not beaten the game and do not have access to the composer’s notes for that game, so no comment.

Softly Turn the Page
An arrangement of the opening theme for use in an event scene. A large part of the reason it is difficult to arrange a piece written by someone else is that many tracks are almost designed to work only in the way they were originally intended by their creators. How to arrange them without breaking that balance is the true challenge. (Yanagawa)

DEBRIEF debrief:
The twins have their rivalry with Lucia, who’s competing with them in the race to S rank. But at the same time, as the Atelier Ranking System has brought more alchemists to the city, it’s brought characters such as Firis and Ilmeria who serve as reliable, supportive mentor figures for the twins—but who are also, for the time being, eminently much more experienced and powerful alchemists than they are. But if the twins are to have any hope of fulfilling the promise they made with their mother, then they have to blast right through that tension.

Meanwhile, it seems the Kingdom of Adalet’s monster problems keep getting worse! The twins didn’t have to fight the rampaging dragon in the Great Woods of Gurm-Adis, but ultimately for the F Rank exam, they still had to put down a small company’s worth of monsters there. What’s with this worsening monster problem, all of a sudden? Is something terrible about to happen?

…We’ll find out soon enough! Maybe some of Merveille’s powerful newcomers, like Ilmeria or Firis or that strange silver-haired boy who showed up at the tail end of this chapter, might know something.

Finally, just for fun…
BONUS: Bug Catcher Sue

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Jul 12, 2019

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Part 5-1: The Budding Alchemy Hub

Their Place in the Hub

Rumors? About the prettiest sisters in the city? Ah, I’m so embarrassed! Pretty, you said?

Stop sleep talking! Go splash some water on your face and wake up. I’m talking about your Atelier Ranking! The streets are abuzz with your exploits! The talented twins who are quickly making a name for themselves!

Wow, that’s great! All our hard work has paid off!

Okay, don’t drop your guard now. We’re aiming for the top, and we’re not there yet!

Keep your heads on, that’s right. Many people still have a reputation higher than yours. Ilmeria, Firis, and a guy called Alt, all have very high ranks.

Alt? I don’t think we’ve met him.

No need to worry about other people. You just keep going at your pace.

Off he goes… wait, who’s knocking?

Hey, is that a customer? Come on in!

Uwah, a Puni! What’s it doing at our atelier? Hold on, I think it’s delivering that letter?

I don’t want to keep on calling you to the castle, so I’m sending you the next Promotion Test conditions. Good luck with them! To my dear twins, from Mireille.”

Puni-puni!

Hmm, the requirements look pretty similar. We need to raise our reputation to take the exam.

Very well! It’s time to aim for E Rank!

Oh, there’s more in this envelope… a subsidy of 2000 Coll, and a certificate saying we’re allowed to travel to Braisewest. The badlands west of the city.

Oh! Lydie! We have Ertona Crystals now, and we’ve kept Pamela waiting long enough on the Goblet!

Quite a good job, if I say so myself… Ah! The power of foresight tells me that Ilmeria is about to arrive!

Huh? What’s brought this on so suddenly? You can’t be…

Enhancing Agents

S-She really did turn up! Sue, that was amazing!

Hahah! I’ve got a handle on the way our teacher acts now!

W-What does that mean? I’m not sure what I’ve done, but it feels like a defeat… In any case, are you ready for my lecture?

Ah, of course! Please go ahead.

Very well. Ahem. This time I’m going to teach you about a special item to enhance your synthesis!

Enhancing Agents can change the color of components you’ve put into the cauldron.

Ah! I think that’s what the Water Crystals we found in the Luminous Ice Grotto can do!

That’s not all! Some enhancing agents can change an entire ingredient’s components to a particular color, and some very rare ones can even allow you to reuse an ingredient! You know what this means for synthesis, right?

That sounds incredible… it can let us synthesize powerful items that we couldn’t make before!

That’s right! But they can only be used once per synthesis, so choose carefully. That’s everything. Did you get all that?

Yes! Mixing in a special item allows for even more stupendous synthesis!

Hold on, Sue. That sounds a lot like what you said last time.

No, it isn’t. I said “incredible” before. This time I said “stupendous”! We learned different stuff, so I said something different! I’m not recycling comments over here!

Alright, alright, I’m sorry! I take that back.

Hahaha. I’m sure it all makes sense in your head somewhere, Sue. In any case, this is a vital technique in order to reach the next level of alchemy. Make sure you remember it well. That’s my lecture for today. Bye-bye!

Ilmeria leaves.

What?! My hunch… was completely wrong?

How do you… oh. That was a real loud roar from your belly…

Hahaha, so it was just your empty tummy telling you Ilmeria was coming?

Ahaha… I’ll make do with something else for now. First thing in the morning tomorrow! Goblet delivery!

The next morning, the twins go to the church, where they find…

Connections Made and Missed

Ah, almighty lord~!
I give you thanks again today~!

Hahah! Why the singing, Sister Grace? Did something good happen?

Hehe… The church gathering was a great success! I’m still all excited about that, I suppose! You making all that paper was a big part of it, too. Thank you so much.

Hold on? It’s over?

Yes, a while ago… Ah!

Sister Grace! That’s not fair! You didn’t invite us!

That’s right. We helped to get it ready and everything! I was looking forward to that!

A-Ahem… I need to get back to work!

You can’t run from this! You’d better get another one set up, pronto!

And this time, we’re getting an invitation!

I understand, I understand! I am truly sorry! Next time I will make sure to let you know. I’m already making my plans.

Ooh! What’s it going to be next time?

Hehe, a puppet show! I’m going to use some handmade puppets to put on a performance!

Wow! That sounds like fun, too!

Sister Grace! We’ll help you again, with whatever you need! We’ll help you so much, you’ll have to invite us!

Y-You don’t need to go quite that far, girls… I’m going to invite you this time, don’t worry!

Hahaha, I was just kidding. We’ll help you either way, don’t worry.

It must be hard getting all of that ready on your own. Just let us know what you need.

Thank you. In which case, can you find me some of the cloth I need to make the puppets?

Cloth? What kind of cloth do you need?

Well, it should stand out! Be really eye-catching! Aside from that, I have no requests.

Very well! Just you wait and see, Sister Grace! We’ll bring the best cloth we can find!

Good, thank you. This brings the next church gathering one step closer!

Hmm, Sue, you know, we have some pretty high-quality cloth in storage.

Yeah. I suppose we can let go of it.

Sister Grace. We’ve got the cloth here for you to make the puppets.

Thank you. Ah, it’s just as high quality as your paper! Wonderful! I’ll be able to make some wonderful puppets with this.

Can I ask something? Can you even sew?

Uwah! I was just wondering! Sorry!

Anyway. Look forward to the show, girls. I have some experience with puppetry. You will see some wonderful puppets and a wonderful story! I can promise you a performer like no other performer can provide! Hahaha!

Alright, alright, just make sure you invite us this time!

That’s right, you’d better not forget again! Never again!

You’re really not going to forgive me for that, are you? Don’t worry, just be a little more patient!

I’m glad that Sister Grace has something else lined up for us! But let’s not forget why we came here this morning.

Pamela! Get Chloe and Ines as well!

Ah, what a lovely goblet! Thank you, both of you!

:catholic: They’ve made this lovely new goblet, so be sure not to break it again, understand? I’m sorry for being so hard on you before.

:unsmith: Thank you!

:catholic: Uwah, hey! No hugging on church grounds!

:unsmith: I’m so happy!

Hehehe!

Thank goodness for that. Another case closed!

It looks that way.

Ah, Sister Grace! Hello!

Hello. Pamela really is a wonderful nun, isn’t she? Covering for others’ failures, improving relationships while solving the issue… She comes across as kind of an airhead, and it can be very deceptive. But she’s rather clever indeed.

Hahaha! It might be rude to say “actually”, but she’s actually very reliable!

I guess so. She just comes across as not all there sometimes!

Which is just something that makes her so special.

Right… Eeek! What was that?! It sounds like something just broke!

:catholic: Ines! Not again!

:smith: I-I-It wasn’t me this time! Not me!

Ah!

Don’t tell me, Pamela?

Hehe! Sorry!

:catholic: What?! Pamela, what just happened?

I’m sorry… My hand just slipped!

:smith: Maybe we can just make it stick together with something? Do you think that might work?

It makes her special, alright!

Hahaha, yeah… That’s it for our involvement in this, I think!

Still, though… Pamela really is something special, isn’t she, Sue?

Hey, girls. I’ve got something I want to ask. Is there something that I don’t have in stock that you would like to see in the shop?

Hmm, nothing really comes to mind… What about you, Sue?

What was that? “Mom’s”?

Ah! I’m sorry! Pamela! Pamela’s shop!

Hahaha! Sue, you put your foot in your mouth this time!

Uwah! I can’t believe I just said that…

Hehe. I sort of can understand why, though… Pamela is so kind, and she smells nice too… She’s like a mom.

Oh my! That makes me very happy! Lydie! Sue! You can call me “Mom” as much as you like! Go ahead, give it a try! Call me Mom!

Very well… Ahem. Mom!

Mom! Ah, it sounds better than I thought.

I’m right here, girls! Yes, I quite like the sound of that!

Maybe we’ll call you Mom every now and then?

Say, Mommy dearest… Can you also give us a discount?

Hehehe! Not a chance!

Bah! Anyway, we’re done here.

The twins are passing through the Garden of Merk, where they see…

Sisterly Bonds

It’s fine, it’s fine. Go ahead!

Hello, both of you. What are you doing?

I was just giving Firis her allowance!

And I was just turning it down. I’m not a child anymore! Liane was trying to give me almost all of her earnings! You worked so hard to earn it all. You should use it for yourself.

You seem to have the wrong idea. I am using this for exactly what I want! Giving it to you, Firis! That’s all!

Ugh… She just won’t listen…

Haha! You really do love Firis, don’t you, Liane?

Of course I do! I can’t live without her! I can’t wait to see her in the morning! I eat lunch while thinking all about her! In the evening, I think about her some more! And even when I dream, it’s all about her! Loving Firis! That is my life! That is my everything!

Let them look! They mean nothing in the face of my love for you!

That’s how you’re going to be, huh? In which case… I didn’t want to do this, but… Be quiet or I won’t talk to you again today.

…ngh!

Hahaha! Liane, you’re too easy!

Hehe. You two are very close, aren’t you?

Yeah! She has her quirks, but I love Liane too.

Firis! I’m so happy, Firis!

And there we go again… That’s it for today, Liane, sorry!

Firis walks off.

Hehe, the two of them are so close! We can’t lose to them, can we?

Right!

Wait, Lydie… what are you doing?

Liane has more rare books for us! And I almost feel bad for her after she got shown up by Firis like that…

Ah… ahahaha… I know better than to try and stop you from buying books…

They contain recipes for gems! You oughta love those, Sue! So let’s go home and read up.

…Oh, that’s where they live, huh? Thanks!

The Thunder God of Yore

Hello, Firis! Hold on? Did we tell you where to find our atelier?

Nope, Ilmeria told me. There’s something I want to ask you both.

Ask ahead, then!

Tell me, if you can. Are there any legends about thunder in this region?

About thunder? Let me see…

That sounds promising! Can you tell me about it?

Sure. Long ago, there was a raging god named Falgior, who razed this area with the power of lightning.

Eventually, a hero and an alchemist worked together to seal Falgior away in a painting.

The Thunder God Falgior, an alchemist, and sealing a god in a painting?

Everyone living in Adalet knows this story. It’s very famous.

Hahaha! Parents even tell their kids they’ll set the Thunder God on them if they don’t behave! I always thought it was just a fairytale, though. I’ve no idea if it’s real.

No worries. Thanks for telling me. Here’s a little something, a thank you gift!

Strength Meat received.

You think? That’s one meal for me. Hehe, I hope you enjoy it!

Firis leaves.

T-This is one meal?

Hahaha! I wonder why she wanted to talk about lightning all of a sudden, though?

Now, time to read up!

Read “Encyclopedia of Gems Vol.1”.
Learned Raw Granate recipe.
Learned Raw Smaragd recipe.
Learned Raw Jet recipe.
Read "Encyclopedia of Gems Vol.2”.
Learned Raw Sapphire recipe.
Learned Raw Ruby recipe.
Learned Raw Diamonds recipe.

Later that day…

Strides Made and To Be Made

There, that should do it!

Hmmm… You know, Lydie, you’re getting pretty good at alchemy.

You think so?

Yeah. You don’t get the neutralizers wrong anymore, or tip the cauldron over in a panic…

You know what, you’re right. The same goes for you though, Sue! You don’t get the heat wrong anymore, and you don’t break any flasks anymore either.

Yeah, you’re right. I think I’m finally getting a hang of the basics.

Hahaha, you’re right. We’re definitely improving. But we’ve still a long way to go! Come on then, Sue! Let’s aim even higher!

Jerry Manderbilt fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Dec 24, 2018

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it
so is Liane creepy as poo poo or is it just me

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
Definitely not just you.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

I mean Liane's first two events after Firis' introduction to the story both end with the twins going :yikes: at her, well, doing her thing about Firis.

And the twins definitely won't be the only ones who will react that way.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh, we're venturing into the prisons of various sealed evils. That makes sense. So it's actually better for these paintings to degrade so the demons don't get out? Or do they just pop back into existence immediately if someone slashes the canvas?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Part 5-2: Heirs and Gifts

Come on Lydie, get it together!

Faults and Forgiveness

Just for the record, here is the one time all game long the translators have Lydie uttering the words “dummy-daddy”

Hey, if you’ve got time to cry you’ve got time to synthesize! We really aren’t going to make it!

Waaah! This is hopeless, really hopeless! How can we hope to make it in time?

It’s no good, Lydie is out of commission! I’ll have to handle this alone!

After Sue does the thing…

Phew, it all worked out.

I’m sorry, Sue. I lost my head again.

Hahaha, don’t worry about it! It isn’t your fault, Lydie.

It’s your fault! I’m not forgiving you today!

Alright, alright, wait. I’ll take responsibility this time. I do feel bad! I even got you this gift, not as a bribe, just something to say how sorry I am! Here!

Come on, Sue. Forgive your old dad, will you?

I guess I can, this time. But never again! As for this plump chick… Wow, it’s so cute! It just needs a ribbon and it would be even cuter!

Heh! My daughters, so easy…

For life! Lydie? Hey, Lydie! Forgive me! Wait, please! I’m begging you!

Let’s go to Ilmeria’s, Sue.

Sure, but… why now?

There’s something I want to ask her.

Ah, girls! What brings you here today?

Leinweb-heir

Uwah, look at you! Ilmeria said it was “hard to decipher” and “horrible”! You want to see that?

No need to tease her. Curiosity is a good thing. If you want to have a look, I’ll show it to you.

Please, Ilmeria!

Alright! Hmm… ah, here it is!

Yes, reading this isn’t easy. It’s filled with stuffy old expressions, too.

It’s no good, I can’t look at that! The person who wrote this must have been super strict!

I guess you could say that. A very particular person, one might say.

Hold on. Do you know the person who wrote this?

Of course. That book was written by my father. Look at the cover.

“Alfred von Leinweber”. The same surname as you, Ilmeria!

Hold on, Leinweber? How am I only just noticing this?! You don’t mean the Leinwebers who are known as one of the three great houses of alchemy?

Yes, that’s right. I’m his heir.

Uwah! Even I’ve heard of them! I had no idea you were that incredible!

A super elite alchemist! Not someone we should just be chatting to like this!

You dummy, it’s fine! There’s nothing different about me just because of my famous family. I’m your teacher, and you are my students. That isn’t going to change.

Ilmeria! We’ll follow you, as far as you’ll lead us!

To the ends of the earth! In the bath or the washroom!

Y-You don’t have to go that far! You need to learn some boundaries, you dummy!

Eeek! We’ll see you later, Ilmeria!

Haha, whoops…

She practically chased us out after that! Sheesh, Sue… anyway, speaking of upping our game, I also had a question for Lucia.

Alright. Off to Atelier Borthayre, then!

Borth-heir

(…What in the…)

Lucia? What are you doing?

Finally, it’s finished! The ultimate application of alchemy - a super enhanced umbrella!

An umbrella? What are you going to use an umbrella for?

What! You? Lucia? You’re going to fight?

How many times do you have to ask? Yes, me! I’ll be fine! I might not have incredible reflexes, but I’ve got this umbrella! I can smash monsters to pieces with it closed, and block any attacks with it open! No normal umbrella can compare to this alchemy-enhanced miracle… prototype!

Adding “prototype there really spoils the effect…

At the moment, it smashes monsters just a little and blocks weaker attacks when open…

That sounds awful! You’ll get killed for sure!

S-Shut up! I can cover for the rest with my own hard work, that’s all.

So you say, but…

There you go, then. I’ll be joining you in battle from now on. You can count on me, girls!

S-Sure… Let’s see how that works out, Lucia.

I’m worried. Really worried about this.

Think it was weird that Lucia’s been tagging along for the painting investigations while not being a member of the party? Well, so did Gust, because they added her as the first of our two DLC characters! She functions as a pure support unit, with skills that buff and speed up other frontliners, and she can’t use bombs or healing items.

Anyway, now that we’ve got her ear…

The Heir and her Airs

Really? It’s rare for you two to have any questions. Go ahead. I’ll do my best to answer.

It’s about alchemy, and more specifically, the temperature of the cauldron.

There are Raketh and Maggs type cauldron temperature controls, right? So with the Raketh…

Huh? What’s got you so excited, all of a sudden?

No, I mean, I just wasn’t expecting an alchemy question. I got a bit too excited!

You’ve got some alchemy skills after all, Lucia. We thought maybe you could help us.

You’ve made the right decision, girls. Let your big sister help you out! Now, regardless of the type you are using, when mixing you will first want to…

One explanation of stuff I can’t explicate on later…

Wow, that actually all makes sense. It sounds so obvious when you say it!

Wow. I can’t believe even Lucia made that almost as easy to understand as our teacher!

“Even” Lucia, you say? I study hard every day, I’ll have you know.

I hate to have to admit it, but it really looks that way. Say, Lucia. I’ve got a request.

Could you teach us again, in the future? We don’t want to bother Ilmeria too much.

Sure, I can do that. Come and ask me anytime.

Ah, this could get annoying… Maybe we should just go and see Ilmeria after all?

Yeah, good idea. I think that would be faster.

The twins leave.

Ohohoho! Respect your big sister, please! Ohohohoho! Cough, cough!

Meanwhile, at the castle…

Alright, that’s it on my end, Mireille… oh?

A Precious Puni Present

Hehehe, eat up, eat up! Ah, Ilmeria.

Mireille. I’ve got some questions about that Puni.

Puni?

I’ve seen it before. Just where did you find it?

I didn’t find it, I was given it. By the mayor of a town called Reisenberg.

From Edel? So that’s the Puni from the certification exam!

Well, “know” might be a stretch… My recollection is more like “used as a target”…

I see. Glad you found a place for yourself, anyway.

Puni?

You’ve got a new job now, right? A cute one carrying letters around on your head. I’m sorry for throwing those bombs at you during my exam. Keep up the good work!

Puni! Puni puni!

Look at the praise being heaped on you today, Puni Saemon! I’ve got some more work for you, too. You’ve got three mountains to cross to deliver this, and I need it done by tomorrow!

Hahaha! Looks like it’s still in a harsh work environment. I’m supporting you, Puni Saemon! But that reminds me… I’ve my own Puni to go home to. I’ll be back, Mireille!

A Precious Pet Puni

Punipuni!

Ah, you really are so adorable… Hehe, hehehe…

Yes, it is adorable. Can I have a touch?

Oh, me too, me too! Can I poke it?

Hehe, sorry. The door was unlocked, so we came right in.

Y-You two seem to be treating this place like it’s your own house these days…

No, no, not at all. But more importantly, teacher… What’s it like, keeping a palm-sized puni?

Huh…? What do you mean?

Well, I’ve always wanted to have a palm-sized puni, ever since I was a little girl…

But I always told her she couldn’t, because I knew she’d make me look after it.

But if they’re easy to look after, then even I could do it! Then I could get one! So tell me, Ilmeria! Do I have what it takes to look after a palm-sized puni?

Ah… Definitely not.

What?! How could you…?

Haha, that’s harsh, even by my standards. Are they really that hard to look after?

Not really, no. All you have to do is give them food and water everyday. But they’re so little, and so soft, that they often get stuck in little gaps. In other words…

Oh, I see… Sue’s always so bad at keeping organized that she’s guaranteed to lose it.

I-I’m not bad at it… I just don’t do it, is all…

…But if you want to keep a palm-sized puni, you need to start by keeping your room tidy, Sue.

Urghh… I never anticipated this…

Hahaha. But if you do learn to tidy up after yourself better, I won’t object to you keeping a Puni.

Hmm, I don’t know… I think I’ll make do with coming to see Ilmeria’s Puni…

But… But I’m saying all you have to do is tidy up after yourself and you can have one…

…Okay, that’s enough! It’s time we go home and get back to work.

The twins do so, until…

The Certification Exam

No one asked you to come! I was just about to take a break, too.

In which case, let’s have some snacks and a chat. I’ll make the tea!

Alright, there’s that! Lucia loves these! Oh, right! I’ve been meaning to ask you, Lucia. Just how impressive is it to be a certified alchemist? I know it’s amazing, but that’s about all. What are the details?
If you’ve played Atelier Firis, you might recall stuff about “licensed alchemists”. I guess Koei Tecmo didn’t send their new translators the memo about past translation standards. Anyway,

Oh, good question. Being certified is the highest - and only, really - qualification for alchemists. They hold the exam once a year, but only one or two people pass. That means certified alchemists are incredibly skilled.

Only one or two a year? Is it that rare?

Have you tried to get certified, Lucia? You like qualifications, right?

That’s true, yes, but there are lots of hurdles in the way. The exam venue is far away, for a start, but you also need to collect references.

References? References to what?

References from certified alchemists. Endorsements for taking the exam, basically. You need three of them to take the exam. Not easy in Adalet, with so few alchemists around!

Hmm. The only certified alchemists I know of are newcomers: our teacher, and Firis.

My father told me that Merveille had a certified alchemist, long ago… But they aren’t here anymore. He was pretty adamant about that for some reason! So I’ve pretty much given up on getting certified.

I see. So our teacher and Firis have both passed this super hard exam? I’m even more impressed!

Hey, girls! There’s something I want to try! I’m sorry about flaking earlier, so… you treat yourself to a well-deserved break, alright?

Sure thing!

Promises and Pancakes

Wow, they look delicious! Time to tuck in! Munch, munch, slurp… Hmm, they’re good! Not too sweet, the perfect blends of honey and butter! I’m in heaven! Ah, I’m stuffed! That was totally delicious!

Thank you. I remember Mom used to always make them for us.

Yeah. Oh Mom…

Hey! You’re not backing down now! No fair! You always chew me out when I say things like that! Promise with Mom Number 2! “Always keep your promises!”

Hahaha, I’m sorry! But in order to keep this promise…

Yeah… First we need Dad to get his act together…

In which case, fat chance of us keeping our promise… Hey! I was just kidding…

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

Glazius posted:

Oh, we're venturing into the prisons of various sealed evils. That makes sense. So it's actually better for these paintings to degrade so the demons don't get out? Or do they just pop back into existence immediately if someone slashes the canvas?

I'll just say that answering this would be pretty big short to long term spoilers, but you'll get some answers within a chapter or two—and they might not be what you're expecting.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Ahh, I hope you show off Illmeria's ever growing collection of pets.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

It's on the backburner, along with stuff like Sue having to use bugs in synthesis. For now I've a backlog of events in this chapter I'm still figuring out how to organize.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Hopefully we can move on to the next page. Just 2 more posts should do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Doing my part