Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

I wish I could have been a fly on the wall during these talks, as all the fifa and conmebol executives were vehemently against playing at a neutral ground until someone suggested there could be a money spinning opportunity in the Middle East.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

What in the gently caress

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

blue footed boobie posted:

I wish I could have been a fly on the wall during these talks, as all the fifa and conmebol executives were vehemently against playing at a neutral ground until someone suggested there could be a money spinning opportunity in the Middle East.

A passionate crowd of literally hundreds of fans could cheer the teams on too

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

A passionate crowd of literally hundreds of fans could cheer the teams on too

River fans who magically got airline tickets from undisclosed sources and who would, of course, promise not to cause any trouble.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I hope an army of South American’s burn that place to the ground

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

give it a few more hours and they'll decide that the first leg should be invalidated since it wasn't also at a neutral ground and they'll host the new first leg in UAE and the second leg in Qatar

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

give it a few more hours and they'll decide that the first leg should be invalidated since it wasn't also at a neutral ground and they'll host the new first leg in UAE and the second leg in Qatar

Beijing first leg surely

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
I think you'll find the stands filled with loyal Boca and River fans, intermingling with each other in brotherhood and a shared enjoyment of the game. If they don't, they can kiss their Indian passports goodbye.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Invalidade both legs, suspend River for a century and let Gremio thru. It's only fair.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
https://twitter.com/ZetaOrlando/status/1066504560930406400

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

of course petro-dollars were involved, it always is

(could be worse, it could be in Saudi Arabia)

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

I think this is the buenos aires mayor? Anyway lol

de curry GOAT fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Nov 26, 2018

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
He looks like Michael Hogan.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
attacking a team's bus to own the lib(ertadores)

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?

de curry GOAT posted:

I think this is the buenos aires mayor? Anyway lol

Yup, he used to have more hair tho.
Like a lot more https://loveartnotpeople.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/24282385_304427616722732_1926878807_n.jpg

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

They took the drat thing out of monumental in a taxi

https://twitter.com/lagrondonatwitt/status/1066791478524080129?s=21

Redczar fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Nov 26, 2018

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

The leader of the River ultras was arrested before the match, he had a bunch of money from ticket scalping and the 300 tickets reserved for the ultras, the cops seized everything so the ultras had no tickets to enter the match.

The rumor is that he threatened that if they couldn't go to the match there would be no match, so the attack on the bus was planned with intent to stop the match from happening. No idea how true any of this is but that's a conspiracy theory going around.

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

attacking a team's bus to own the lib(ertadores)

lol

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

The city of Genova is offering to host the game at the stadium of Genoa and Sampdoria:

(in Italian): https://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Estero/26-11-2018/superclasico-genova-river-boca-310747833990.shtml

Would be cool but I have a feeling if the game is played at all, and does go out of South America, it'll definitely be in some Arabian shithole.

e: And the Ferraris is only 35k or so seats...

Gigi Galli fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Nov 26, 2018

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Gigi Galli posted:

The city of Genova is offering to host the game at the stadium of Genoa and Sampdoria:

(in Italian): https://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Estero/26-11-2018/superclasico-genova-river-boca-310747833990.shtml

Would be cool but I have a feeling if the game is played at all, and does go out of South America, it'll definitely be in some Arabian shithole.

e: And the Ferraris is only 35k or so seats...

this would be extra cool since Boca were founded by Genovese immigrants

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Lmao what a shitshow.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
So apparently they don’t know what they’re doing with this until they figure out whether to disqualify River Plate. This is all such an incredible clusterfuck.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Sounds like they might play it in Miami

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I heard that Paraguay was an option too, but Boca just want River disqualified lol

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Simone Poodoin posted:

I heard that Paraguay was an option too, but Boca just want River disqualified lol

https://twitter.com/JuanG_Arango/status/1067480647491616769

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
How does moving the match to the country next door fix anything? At least Argentinian police have some experience managing hell

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

poty posted:

How does moving the match to the country next door fix anything? At least Argentinian police have some experience managing hell

It might have something to do with the G20 summit that's being held in Argentina.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Apparently this will be played on Dec 9th at the Bernabeu

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
It'll be a less exciting match, but I guess that's what happens when rival fans stab each other.

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
Quoting the radio host “the Libertadores’ up final will be played on the country the Libertadoress were trying to get rid off”

Would nobody think of the poor guys that stole their tickets on Saturday after the match got cancelled? All that effort for nothing.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Now he just has to steal somebody else's plane ticket

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

https://twitter.com/DanEdwardsGoal/status/1068575596572233730

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

lol, the plot twists never end

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?

Hahaha.
Just change the name to Copa Conquistadores and be done with it.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
River Plate have refused to play the final in Madrid

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Good.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

Make them forfeit.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

In other words, Boca won the final 3-0

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
This saga is better than actual football tbh

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Blue Star Error posted:

This saga is better than actual football tbh

:emptyquote:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Has anyone told River Plate that their fans attacked Boca’s bus?