Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

I dunno. He looks a little bit let down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

"Subliminals" was a huge thing in the 70's. Hidden sessy images in ads, a "study" showing a single frame of a Coke inserted into a movie increased concession sales 40%, background sounds and vocals in songs, etc. Even before the whole "backwards masking" poo poo of the 80's.

I heard a guy claiming the "Ooga-chaka" in Hooked on a Feeling was really "who got sucked off". And not some stoner rando, but a marketing guy. There were dire warnings that advertisers and the government would be controlling our minds with subliminals (Yep, the basis for They Live).

I caught on to it being bullshit when another researcher had a pic of a Ritz cracker with the word SEX allegedly imprinted all over it. He'd basically drawn the letters around all the bumps and bubbles on the cracker. If you look at any random close set group of similarly sized circles, you can fill in pretty much any letters you want.

(Or that's what they want you to think!)

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

That hasn't happened yet after all these years

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

I, too had the Taco Bell.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Braggart.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Great. Now my wife will have to send back the Kegelcizer 3000 she just got.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Goatman, before picture.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Melaneus posted:

A personal favorite:

Don't doxx me, bro.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Well that's going to spice up my earth science lessons.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Ahh. The legendary ancient burial ground of the Enchirito.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

How is former president Nixon NSFW?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Wow. Tolkien never said that about the ents.