Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
The Emissary
AC 15 | HP 12/26 | SP 2/4 | Spells 2/2 | Spell Save DC 14

The Emissary grunts with pain as the Butcher's vicious hook attaches itself, and again when she slams into him at the end of her trip, before falling into the pit silently.

After a few beats and the announcer's irrirating excitement, she clambers back up to the ledge where a sudden, explosive gust of wind quickly blows her to the adjacent side. She lands less than gracefully, cringing at her wounds, and points an outstretched arm at the Butcher. A sharp icicle already floats next to her hand. Seeing him tussle with Dagath, she redirects slightly and hurls it towards the flaming druid, before limping back behind cover.

quote:

Move: Half movement (15') to climb to ledge
Bonus action: Tempestuous Magic movement to R3
Action: Ice Knife vs Ranthir: 1d20+6 19, Piercing: 1d10 2, Cold AoE (vs DEX): 2d6 7
Move: 15' to S0

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Nov 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Arcturus Solar
AC 15 (+2 Shield of Faith) | HP 36/36 | Spell Slots 2/3 | Spell Save DC: 13

Arcturus roars in anger as the sorcerer is hooked, and seeing her escape does nothing to cool his wrath. He charges into melee with the Butcher and swings, but the blow is hasty and catches nothing but the thickest parts of the killer's armor.

pre:
Move: T4
Action: Great Axe Attack vs AC 14 rolls a 10 even after proficiency and bless. Horrible miss.
Active Spell: Bless (Concentration/1 minute)

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Earl Kettler

The firebolt from the druid scorches Earl in the chest, and it brings back the memory of his death at the hands of the Drow. Determined to not make the same mistake twice, Earl heeds the advice of his new demon pal and try to let the druid know it's his time. He turns his great axe around and jams it in the dirt like a shovel while whispering a short incantation, and when he does so a spectral shovel appears dug in to ground next to the druid. The shovel raises up, and at Earl's direction slams in to their arm with a crunching noise. When it makes contact, a small burst of black negative energy emanates from the shovel, and some flesh on the druid's arm sloughs off. Next, Earl grasps his holy symbol, which looks like a bony hand clutching scales, and calls forth a spectral hand of his own. The hand launches towards the druid and clutches his arm right where the shovel had landed, decaying more of the flesh and preventing the wound from healing.

quote:

Bonus Action: Cast Spiritual Weapon in square q9, attacking Ranthir. Hit with 20* for 6 force damage, activate Touch of Death Channel divinity dealing an additional 13 necrotic damage for a total of 19
Action: Cast Chill Touch targeting Ranthir. Hit with 21** for 6 necrotic damage. Ranthir can not regain hit points until the start of my next turn.
Move: Advancing to p11.

*1d20+1d4+6: 20 [1d20=10] [1d4=4]
1d8+4: 6 [1d8=2]
**1d20+1d4+6: 21 [1d20=12] [1d4=3]
1d8: 6 [1d8=6]

HP: 24/31
AC: 12
Concentration Save: +2 with Advantage

Spell Slots Remaining:
1st - 2/4
2nd - 2/3
Concentration: Bless
Active Spells: Bless (8 Rounds), Spiritual Weapon (10 rounds)

Reik fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Nov 14, 2018

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Butcher

"You made a BIG mistake getting close to me." he flashes a cruel grin as he frees his right hand of the hook and uses both hand for his cleaver. He slashes Dagat diagonally in the chest, and the wound starts to bleed a lot, almost unnaturally so. He swirls to strike Arcturus too but the strike glances off his gladiator armor.

quote:

Action:Butcher Strike vs 17 AC Dagat: 1d20+7 18
8 slashing damage to Dagat. Also receives 1 bleeding damage at start of your turn for 2 turns (bleeding damage can stack up to 3)
Butcher Strike vs 15 AC Arcturus: 1d20+7 11 MISSES!

Ranthir

The floating druid for once is reeling from the necrotic energies that flayed his scorched flesh. "YOU... YOU DEMON, YOU DARE TAINT THE FLESH OF A PROTECTOR OF THE GROVE?" his shape rapidly begins to change, and his voice becomes deeper, growlier. "SUCH CRIME..."

"...CANNOT BE FORGIVEN!!!" The beast swipes left and right, with only the right connecting into Earl's flesh. He follows up with a vicious bite that almost takes the cleric's left shoulder off.

quote:

Action: 2 Swipes vs 12 AC Earl: 2#1d20+4 5 13
7 Fire damage to Earl
Bonus Action: Bite vs 12 AC Earl: 1d20+4 24 CRITICAL STRIKE!
2x4 = 8 Fire damage to Earl

code:
Ranthir, the Scorched Druid - p10
HP: 63/100
AC: 14
Mini-Boss: Can choose to succeed a saving throw 2 times per combat (1/2)
Immunity: ?????
Vulnerability: ?????

The Butcher of the Lower Wards - s5
HP: 81/130
Resistance: ?????, Frightened

PLAYERS TURN!

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Dagat Tuth
HP: 27/36 AC: 17 HD: 4/4d10
SD: 0/4d8 Save DC: 13
Second Wind: Used Action Surge: Used

Dagat lets out a small grunt as the first solid blow against him manages to land. "By all means continue to believe you have the upper hand," Dagat's axe flits downward once again, opening another nasty gash in the Butcher's surprisingly sturdy legs "This will be over soon enough."

quote:

Dagat bleeds 1hp down to 27, 1 turn of bleed 1 remaining.

Action: Great Axe vs Butcher 19 to hit for 12 slashing damage after Trip Attack

Butcher makes his save and is still standing. Sorry I can't pin that advantage giving in Arcturus :v:

Bonus Action: Tunnel Fighting Stance- It doesn't eat my reaction to make an attack of opportunity when an enemy leaves my reach. [1d20+5 for 1d12+3 slashing]

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Earl Kettler

Earl reels in pain from the teeth of the panther tearing out his flesh. He looks down and inspects the wound for a few seconds "I reckon that one ain't gon heal on its own." He channels positive energy through his holy symbol and places his right hand over where his left shoulder used to be. The muscles begin to repair and the wounds close. He does a couple rotations of his newly repaired left shoulder before directing his ethereal shovel to return the favor by striking the panther.

quote:

Two DC 10 concentration saves from hits taken passed with 25, 11^
Action: Cast Cure Wounds on self with 2nd level spell slot, healing 15* damage.
Bonus Action: Make attack with Spiritual Weapon targeting Ranthir. Barely hit with 14** for 9 force damage.

^2#1d20+1d4+2: 2 # 25 [1d20=20] [1d4=3] 11 [1d20=6] [1d4=3]
*2d8+4: 15 [2d8=3, 8]
**1d20+1d4+6: 14 [1d20=4] [1d4=4]
1d8+4: 9 [1d8=5]

Concentration Save: +2 with Advantage

Spell Slots Remaining:
1st - 2/4
2nd - 1/3
Active Spells: Bless (7 Rounds), Spiritual Weapon (9 rounds)

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Arcturus Solar
AC 15 (+2 Shield of Faith) | HP 36/36 | Spell Slots 1/3 | Spell Save DC: 13

Some heroic blows are sung of in legend. Others serve merely to amuse the homicidal crowds in gladiatorial arenas. This was probably just the second, but only time would tell. Seeing Dagat wounded and Earl struggling with the burning druid, Arcturus calls upon reserves of rage and speed he never knew he had. It was time for the Butcher to die, once and for all.

The paladin swipes the axe across the Butcher while he is distracted with Dagat, drawing blood. He then draws back the weapon for a mighty blow and leaps forward, slamming it full force into the Butcher's gut and burying it nearly up to the hilt. Then, with a cry of "BURN IN THE SILVER FLAME," he channels all of his righteous hatred into the weapon, flooding the serial killer with glorious burning light from the inside out.

I forgot to add my Strength Modifier to the damage when I rolled it, so I fixed that in post.

e: I forgot about my Sentinel Feat, which lets me use a reaction to make a free melee attack when an enemy within 5 meters targets someone else (who doesn't have the Sentinel feat) with a melee attack. The Butcher attacked Dagat and AFAIK I don't have anything else to ever spend a reaction on, so I'll always do that when it comes up. New total of 39 damage.

quote:

Reaction: Sentinel Greataxe Attack vs AC 14: 16
Sentinel Greataxe Damage: 1d12+2 7 (7 Slashing)
Action: Great Axe Attack+Bless vs AC 14: 1d20+1d4+4 26, Natural 20, Critical Hit! Spending a spell slot to make this a Divine Smite, adding an additional 4d8 (2d8 doubled by the crit) Radiant to my damage roll.
Greataxe+Divine Smite Critical Hit: 2d12+4d8+2 32 (10 Slashing, 22 Radiant)

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Nov 15, 2018

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ark
AC 13 | HP 31/31 | Spell Slots 2/3

"Charging forward, you fools..." Arkane mutters to himself as he runs forward, unsheathing a crossbow kept to his side before taking aim at the flaming tiger, loosing out a bolt that hits the creature on its right flank!

quote:

Move: To O6
Action: Taking out light crossbow, shooting Ranthir Crossbow Shot: 1d20+4 17 Crossbow Damage: 1d8+2 9
Concentration: Shield of Faith on Arcturus.
Bonus:Reloading Crossbow

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Marbles
AC 14 | HP 24/24 | Spell Slots: 3 | Spell Save: 12

Realizing his more burly companions have the butcher in check, Marbles repeats his performance from before, launching another dagger but disappearing before the freak has a chance to respond.

Move: 15ft to U3.
Action: Throwing a dagger at Butcher for 1d20+6+1d4=17. Hit for 1d4+2d6+4=13 (piercing) damage.
Move: 15ft to T0.
Bonus Action: Hide at 1d20+6=16.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

The Emissary
AC 15 | HP 12/26 | SP 1/4 | Spells 2/2 | Spell Save DC 14

Ducking out from behind cover, The Emissary again focuses a pool of magical energy into her palm and pulls a thin string away with her other hand. Aiming one hand at each enemy, she blasts bitterly cold, icy-white beams at each, connecting with both targets. She then slides around to the other side of the pillar, while the fighting continues. Both the Butcher and the rampaging Ranthir slow slightly as the spells hit.

"Someone please put that distended creature out of our misery!"

quote:

Move: to R3
Action: Casting Ray of Frost as a Twinned Spell (1 sorcery point for cantrip)
Hit rolls: 2#1d20+5+1d4 Butcher hit - 16, Ranthir hit - 19
Damage rolls : 2#1d8 Butcher - 4, Ranthin - 2 (Cold)
Move: to U1

+hit should be +6, not +5 because I hosed up in Orokos and redoing it seemed unfair (and unecessary)

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Butcher

The barrage of attacks, specially Arcturus's vicious smite, finally begins to have an effect on Butcher's freak constitution. Severely injured on his entire body, he musters all the strength he has lifting his cleaver. "This...this ain't over yet...!!" he says with labored breath. Seeking revenge on the paladin, two rapid swings of the cleaver strike the aasimar's flesh, making him bleed profusely.

quote:

Action: 2 Butcher Strikes vs 15 AC Arcturus: 2#1d20+7 15 20
8 + 8 = 16 total Slashing damage to Arcturus. Also receives 2 bleeding damage at start of your turn for 2 turns (bleeding damage can stack up to 3)

Ranthir

The wild-shifted druid continues the mauling of Kelemvor's cleric, ignoring all other attacks happening to it. The flaming paws tear and scorch Earl's flesh, much to the crowd's delight. Another follow-up bite almost takes his jaw off.

quote:

Action: 2 Swipes vs 12 AC Earl: 2#1d20+4 23 19
7 + 7 = 14 total Fire damage to Earl
Bonus Action: Bite vs 12 AC Earl: 1d20+4 23
4 Fire damage to Earl

code:
Ranthir, the Scorched Druid - p10
HP: 41/100
Immunity: ?????
Vulnerability: Cold

The Butcher of the Lower Wards - s5
HP: 13/130
Resistance: ?????, Frightened

PLAYERS TURN!

frajaq fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 16, 2018

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Arcturus Solar
AC 15 (+2 Shield of Faith) | HP 18/36 | Spell Slots 1/3 | Spell Save DC: 13

Arcturus stumbles back from the blows, bleeding freely from two gashes, and his return swipe misses. In spite of his injuries, none of the fire goes out of his eyes, and the pain fails to break his concentration on the blessings of the divine.

"It isn't over yet, no. But I'll see you dead, Butcher, that I swear!

quote:

Takes 2 bleeding damage, 1 turn of 2 damage remaining.
Concentration Saving Throws (x3) DC 10: 3#1d20+2 14 20 12, accidentally rolled with a mod of +1 but either way I manage to keep concentration
Action: Greataxe Attack+Bless vs AC 14: 1d20+1d4+4 10, miss

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ark

Arkane once again shoots at the flaming druid, but this time the bolt goes wide! "To the Abyss with this, if I had my old gun this would be done a minute ago...!"

quote:

Action: Shooting Ranthir again with the crossbow...Crossbow Shot: 1d20+4 11 bless: 1d4 1 It goes wide!
Concentration: Shield of Faith on Arcturus.
Bonus:Reloading Crossbow

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Nov 16, 2018

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Dagat Tuth
HP: 26/36 AC: 17 HD: 4/4d10

Having had just about enough of the cannibal's rambling, Dagat silently swings his axe home in the shadow of Arcturus' own missed attack. It was a solid hit, but the stocky madman was still hanging on by the barest thread.

quote:

Dagat bleeds 1 and is no longer bleeding.

Action: Great axe vs Butcher 24, before confirming Earl's bless is up, hits for 8 slashing damage.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Earl Kettler

Earl continues to mend his scorched wounds as quickly as the twisted druid can deliver them. Seeing the Butcher on his last leg from the relentless assault of his newfound friends, Earl redirects his ghostly shovel over to deliver the final blow. This time, instead of bludgeoning the foe the shovel turns on it's side and slices through the gut of the butcher, his entrails spilling out as he falls over.

quote:

Three DC 10 concentration saving throws passed 17, 22, 24
Action: Cast Cure Wounds on self with 2nd level spell slot, healing 18! damage.
Bonus Action: Move spiritual weapon 15 feet to square r6 and attack the Butcher, hitting with a roll of 25 and dealing 8 force damage.

Spell Slots Remaining:
1st - 2/4
2nd - 0/3
Active Spells: Bless (6 Rounds), Spiritual Weapon (8 rounds)

Reik fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Nov 16, 2018

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

The Emissary
AC 15 | HP 12/26 | SP 1/4 | Spells 2/2 | Spell Save DC 14

Leaving cover, The Emissary watches the Butcher's guts fall out as she scurries closer. With an "Oh" and a look of mild disappointment on her face, she releases a thread of magical energy, which snaps back into place, then points her hand at Ranthir. Another frozen beam zooms towards the burning druid, hitting him in the side.

quote:

Move: to S3
Action: Casting Ray of Frost VS Ranthir: (1d20+6+1d4) 21 1d8 2 (Cold)

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Marbles

With the butcher fallen, Marbles scurries across the arena and comes to Earl's aid, raking his sword across one of the panther's legs

Bonus Action: Dash 30ft to P5.
Move: to Q10.
Action: Attack Ranthir for 1d20+1d4+6=15, hit for 1d6+2d6+4=14.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Arena Finale

As the spectral shovel tears Butcher's belly and make his guts spill out, the serial killer looks down with genuine surprise on his face. "Didn't know....it would end like this... BLAARGHH" He falls down heavy, Arcturus and Dagat jumping back to not get hit by his immense dead body. The crowd goes crazy, shouting "REBORN! REBORN! REBORN!" and clapping at the extreme violence being displayed down there.

The intervention of Marbles and Emissary in Earl's duel with the druid turns the tables around, a combination of the clerics attacks, kenku's blade stabs and a well-aimed Ray of Frost from the sorcerer enough to put Ranthir down for good. He staggers back, his form slowly returning to his scorched body, this time without any flames. You can finally see how horribly the flames have ravaged this elf's body. "...Rest? At last.....?" is all you can hear as his body turns to ash in an intense flare, leaving only a black ring and a pulsing ember heart on the ground.

The announcer speaks up. "THEY HAVE DONE IT! AGAINST ALL ODDS THE REBORN OF HOAR SLAUGHTERED THEIR FOES! GLORY IS YOURS TO CLAIM!

TODAY

YOU

ARE

VICTORIOUS!!!!!!!"
the screams, cheers and claps from the crowd are almost deafening at this point.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A hidden gate in the middle of the left wall opens up, where a squad of guards calls for you when the crowds start to clear out and noise go down. They don't have manacles to put in your hands, and don't make any aggressive motions. They just put a respectable distance between them and you as you walk inside to the inner workings of the Broken Spire Arena. You don't go down to the cells though, you stand in a hall with decent furniture and no smell of blood, sweat and piss.

You find the familiar plated form of Huldrak (and his duodrone) standing by a big table, six modest chests side-by-side, with a big piece of parchment in front of each one.

When the modron spots Marbles it begins to move toward the kenku but Huldrak stops it, shaking his head. "...I HAVE to get that fixed later" he clears his throat and his bombastic voice echoes through the halls. "REBORN OF HOAR... I COULD NOT BE ANY PROUDER OF WHAT I'VE SEEN TODAY. YOU PROVED YOUR VALOR TO THE DOOMBRINGER BEYOND ANY SHADOW OF DOUBT!"

He pauses to glance at the tables and his voice lowers down. "I bring you three rewards....and a request from my lord." He picks up one of the papers as an example to show to the group, and Dagat sees his name of it. "Official papers of Curst citizenship. You are no longer prisoners."

Huldrak opens one of the chests and you see a mixture of silver and gold coins, a couple of random gems added into the mix. "An appropriate reward, for what you have risked here today."

quote:

Each party member gains 600 gp

A couple of guards bring some pieces of equipment from the fallen enemies... and Ark's broken gun. "You deserve it, specially considering how...little most of you arrived with. Use it, sell it, do as you see fit."

quote:

Grappling Hook Device - Requires a free-hand, can make a Ranged Attack vs AC using STR modifier, drag people in front of you. Range: 75 feet. 2 turns cooldown.
Requirements: 16 STR

Butcher’s Blade+1 - 2d4+1 Slashing damage - Versatile (2d6+1). Bleeds the enemy on hit, causing 1 damage for 2 turns (stacks up to 3)

Ranthir’s Ember Heart - ??????????

Ranthir's Ring - ??????????

Arkane’s Broken Thunder Cannon - Can be repaired into an usable Thunder Cannon by spending 100gp worth of materials and working on it for a day (8 hours)

"As of now, I have no hold over you. Nevertheless, my Lord Octavimus has requested your presence as soon as possible, at the Temple of Hoar, near the center of the city. I advise you to heed his request, as he's the only one on this city that could shed light on your situation.".

You now have some downtime to do what you want, take care of your wounds, visit a tavern and rest, buy stuff in the bazaar/blacksmith, explore the city, ask for information, talk to Huldrak more, etc etc etc.

frajaq fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Nov 17, 2018

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Arcturus Solar
AC 15 (+2 Shield of Faith) | HP 36/36 | Spell Slots 1/3 | Spell Save DC: 13

Victory, the first of many to come. The world was rid of two evil creatures, and Arcturus was one step closer to the vengeance he craved. All in all, he feels satisfied for the first time since his resurrection. He lays his free hand against his shoulder and channels healing energy through his own body, then simply basks in the crowd's adulation. Today, he hoped, they all learned the most important truth: light always triumphs in the end. Obviously what they had actually learned was that they enjoyed watching bloodshed, but it was good to hope.

Later, once the crowds are gone and Huldrak has said his piece, Arcturus looks over the assembled gear of their fallen foes. He reaches for the Butcher's Blade, hesitates, then grabs it and tests its weight. His face twists with distaste at the cruelty of the weapon and the stains left behind by countless victims, with smears of his own blood the most recent. But in spite of his disgust, he would use it.

"I loathe everything this weapon stands for, but I have righteous vengeance to claim and I will not let my personal feelings stand in the way of justice. No resource can be wasted. I will reconsecrate it to the light." He turns to address the others, giving them a nod of respect. "You all fought well. I commend your valor in particular, Earl of Kelemvor. I am going to seek out equipment better than these rags, and then... I suppose I will visit Lord Octavimus, for lack of any clear way out of this place and back to my home. With any luck he can provide us a path to our vengeance, or at the very least point us in the right direction."

Arcturus uses Lay On Hands to restore his missing 20 health. If anybody wants a whole 4 HP back from my terrible racial healing hands power, just say so.

Shopping List:

Chain Mail (75 gp)
Shield (10 gp)
Quiver + 4 Javelins (1.4 gp)
Explorer's Pack (10 gp)
Traveler's Clothes (2 gp)
Holy Symbol Amulet (5 gp)
Playing Card Set (1 gp)
Healer's Kit (5 gp)
Climber's Kit (25 gp)
Healing Potions x2 (100 gp)
Wealthy Inn (2 gp)

So I'm at 363.6 gp remaining. Arcturus also takes a short rest in an inn to restore his Channel Divinity.

Dachshundofdoom fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Nov 22, 2018

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Marbles

Marbles was perfectly happy to snatch up the shiny ring before anybody else got a chance to. "An appropriate reward." he claimed with a smug little beak-grin in Huldrak's voice. Letting out little cooing noises as he turns the trinket over in his hands, he barely even notices that Arcturus is making preparations to head into town. The paladin's first few steps, however, are enough to shake him from his wonder. "I am going to seek out better equipment," he echoes in Solar's voice, before hopping along after the intense looking man, while still admiring the ring.

Shopping for the following:
- Hand crossbow (75gp)
- 100 bolts (5gp)
- Shortsword (of good quality, gonna leave behind the arena's weapons) (10gp)
- Arcane Focus, Crystal (10gp)
- Burglar's Pack (16gp)
- Traveler's Clothes (2gp)
- Studded Leather Armor (45gp)
- Disguise Kit (25gp)
- Forgery Kit (15gp)
- Thieves' Tools (25gp)
Which totals 228gp.

I will also find a good meal and attempt to identify the ring.

Wahad fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Nov 17, 2018

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

The Emissary
AC: 15 | HP 25/26 | SP 1/4 | Spells 2/2 | Spell Save DC 14

A nasty cut in The Emissary's leg knits back together under the glow of the paladin's hand. "Thank you, Arcturus Solar. For the fight as well." Turning to the others, she continues her praise, sounding remarkably genuine. "You all fought ably, would that I could say the same for myself. Thank you all for your invaluable contributions to this insipid game of theirs." Getting to her feet, The Emissary still looks worn, but is clearly more confident and relaxed now that nothing is visibly bleeding any more. She crosses her hands and gives a shallow bow to the group. The gesture is odd, but clearly well practiced.

"If no one minds, I'll take this heart until we can find out if there's traces of its owner's maliciousness left. Fire tends to leave... strong impressions behind."

"I suppose I shall meet you all at the local Lord's home later."

The word Lord sounds different coming from The Emissary. Her every word reverberates, but Lord rings briefly in your ears just a moment longer than it should, as if it were too important to leave. After these last words, she gives her odd bow to Huldrak, and leaves.

Shopping list -
- Fine Clothes (12gp)
- Travelers clothes (2gp)
- Arcane Focus, crystal (10gp)
- A dagger (2gp)
- A diamond (50gp)
- Explorer's Pack (10gp)
- Also 2GP for a relatively fancy inn room, with a bath.
Total 88gp

I dunno how much we have until Octavimus wants to meet us, but I'd like to use a short rest to identify this heart and roll hit dice, and some sort of investigation roll(?) to see if I can find someone who knows of The Emissary's home plane. My background feature means there's plenty of people fascinated enough by me to listen to my descriptions of home, so I figure even if I don't find someone who can help, it'll at least have gotten the word out that I'm looking.

e: Spend two hit dice for 5 + 4 bringing The Emissary up to 25hp.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Nov 22, 2018

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ark

Arkane picks up the shattered gun and grunts. Repairing it will take the better part of a day, and there's other equipment he must tend and acquire soon... Specially if he's to start picking up what happened since he died. Looking at the Kenku flapping around with its shiny, he immediately moves to grab the ring from his hands, and takes it up to his eyes. "Wait a second, birdbrain. Need to check what the hell this thing is supposed to do. Give me ten minutes and then you can have it back."

Using Detect Magic to see if the ring's got any magic mojo on it and an Identify ritual if positive.

Shopping for:
Repair on Cannon - 100 GP
Building an Arcane Magazine - 25 GP
Handaxe - 5 GP
Smith's Tools -20 GP
Alchemist Supplies - 50 GP
Traveler Clothes - 2 GP
Parchment (10 pages) - 1 GP
Ink + Pen - 10 gp
Tent - 2 GP
Leather Armor - 45 GP
Crafting a Bag of Holding (Free!)
Total: 260 GP

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Marbles

Marbles lets out an outraged wark as Arkane moves to grab his newly-acquired ring, pulling his hands back to save his treasure, but the tiefling is too quick for him. "Have it back," he grunts in Arkane's voice, jumping up and down around him as he does whatever he plans to do. Seeing that the man only means to study the object, however, the kenku eventually quiets down, though he still nervously taps his claws against the ground as he waits for the inspection to finish.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Earl Kettler

Earl has a solemn look on his face as the light fades from the druid. The butcher appeared to revel in his work, while Ranthir seemed a prisoner like himself. Earl joins his companions to the market, and asks the locals about temples in the city as well as what they do with the bodies of those that die in the arena, if there's a mass grave or whatnot. He would also like to try and purchase a map of the city.

Shopping List
-Warhammer 15g
-Shield 10g
-Scale Armor 50g
-Holy Symbol of Kelemvor, Reliquary 5g
-Explorer's pack 10g
-2 Flasks of Holy Water 50g
-Potion of Healing 50g
-Climber's Kit 25g
-Traveler's clothes 2g
-100g of powdered silver.
-2 Healer's kits 10g
Total 327 gold

Reik fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Nov 17, 2018

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Dagat Tuth
HP: 35/36 AC: 17 HD: 3/4d10
SD: 4/4d8 Save DC: 13
Second Wind: Available Action Surge: Available
Inspiration: No

As the final blows are struck, Dagat's grip on the haft of his shoddy great axe finally loosens and the rough weapon slams to the ground. The crowds are letting out an absolute roar to express their pleasure, but he had a hard time basking in it. Blood sport was hardly a part of his daily life and now that the moment was over it was beginning to weigh on him, the edge of discomfort blunted ever so slightly by the monstrous nature of the Butcher. Until the recent events that had lead to his death Dagat had only had to fight against the occasional skirmish by the foul creatures that resided in the sea, taking the life of a person was still unsettling, monster or not.

The guards eventually emerge, intent on ushering the conquering heroes out of the arena, shaking Dagat out of his stupor. Huldrak presents their rewards and Dagat seems mildly baffled. The fact that one would need to prove they lived somewhere a foreign idea. The money is at least familiar in the abstract, plenty of visitors to Talagain at first offered coin before having the islander's customs explained to them. He wasn't on the island any longer though, and in coming days Dagat would have to actually learn how an economy worked. For now he just expressed a seemingly appropriate level of gratitude and stepped down to hear what else Huldrak had to say.

Dagat holds back, listening to Huldrak as the mad dash for the various macabre items begins. It seems if he had any hope of actually taking his revenge he'd have to play along with this Octavimus' requests. Once the mad dash to scoop up the macabre spoils of their victory is over, Dagat approaches the table where the guards had lain out the gear. The sole remaining item is the odd machine the mad cannibal had been wearing. It was far too bulky for most of the assembled to ever have a hope of using, Arcturus aside if he put some time into bulking up, but it seemed like it could be put to good use. It was clearly not meant to be worn by someone with a 300lb shell on their back, but he managed to compromise, the machine settled in on his side with the hook dangling at his waist, ready to be snatched up and flung.

With their business here done, Dagat gives a stiff shrug "It is unlikely that I would find my way home by chance, so I imagine I shall see you all at this Octavimus' temple soon enough." He glances out toward the hustle and bustle of the city "I shall need to secure lodgings and food before a trip to trade in tales and goods, but without doubt I shall see you again." At that he tersely leaves, mistakenly striding out into a world he was nowhere near ready to experience.

Hours later and Dagat is sitting on the floor of a room he managed to book a few blocks from the city center, the floor scattered with an abundance of dubiously useful items that were pushed on him by keen merchants, smelling fresh blood in the waters, in the markets he'd visited. He'd managed to equip himself with the basics of combat to be sure, but the nearly completely empty pouch of coin, that had just a brief time ago been bulging, was a dizzying experience. Rested, washed and having managed to apply his marks of station across his shell with an expensive lacquer, Dagat sets out into the city once again. He had nothing else to do and no real means to do it with if he had further tasks, and so he made his way toward the center of the city to meet this Lord Octavimus.

quote:

Acquired:
Butcher's Hook

Shopping:
Clothes (Fine) Shell Paints 15gp
Alchemist's Fire x4 200gp
Antitoxin 50gp
Brewer's Supplies 20gp
Cook's Utensils 1gp
Drum 6gp
Dungeoneer's Pack 12gp (backpack, crowbar, hammer, 10 pitons, 10 torches, tinderbox, 10 days rations, waterskin, and 50' of rope.)
Glaive 20gp
Healer's Kit 5gp
Holy Water 25gp
Perfume (Vial) 5gp
Pot, Iron 2gp
Potion of Healing x4 200gp
1.3gp paid into a Comfortable room/meals for a day.

Dagat setting aside 37.7gp for the remaining month's worth of Comfortable Living(Food and Board), leaving him at 0gp remaining.

Short Rest- Resting in his room before heading to meet Octavimus.

Spent 1HD and gain back 9 hp leaving him just shy of full.
Action Surge, Second Wind and Superiority dice regenerate.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Nov 17, 2018

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Shopping Around Curst

As the party go about their ways around the city, there is something you all immediately notice: this ain't no cheery town.

Dusty, rusty, sandy. Curst is uninviting as it can get. Most citizens and traders have a sour look in their faces, no matter the race. Curst guards and Octavimus's bladelings mercenaries eye each other with disdain, and you can almost taste the tension in the air, like anything could explode at any moment. From time to time you hear shouting and crashing sounds coming from some alley or another.

Earl and his map

You are able to acquire a very rough map of Curst and it's areas.

nothing is to scale, just for you guys to get a rough idea

Emissary at the Tavern

The "best" place for temporary lodgings the party could find so far was the Traitor's Gate Tavern, a very rough-looking place but decently clean and with surprisingly good food.

It's there that Emissary tries to find more information about how to go home, and figure out herself how the scorched druid's heart works. Her title, natural charm and exotic appearance are enough to attract much attention from the most decent-looking people in the place. Many of them listen to your tales and wonders from home, but it seems none can help. One of them, a hedge wizard of some sort, gives a suggestion. "It seems you have need of a planewalker. I know none that reside in Curst currently, but most of them, between their travels and business across the planes, take rest in Sigil. Your best bet would be there."

quote:

Ranthir’s Ember Heart - Once per day, as a Bonus Action, activate the heart to conjure a flame shield around you, giving you +1 AC, Fire Resistance and deal 5 Fire damage to however attacks you in melee for 6 rounds.

While talking and drinking a bit, beneath one of the drinks the Emissary ordered is a small crude paper, a message in red ink written in it.

quote:

"Dear Reborn

Quite the show you and your friends gave today at the arena

After you have your talks with The Big Cheese himself, how about gathering your friends and coming behind Tacitus's Warehouse, near the Junkyard, after midnight

If you want to *really* know what's going on, and how to get to Sigil"

You ask the bartender where the note came from, but it seems he has no idea.

Meeting Octavimus, at the Temple of Hoar

Having acquired proper supplies and equipment using your meager reward from the arena spectacle, you meet up together at the bazaar and head towards Inner Curst, and towards the Temple of Hoar. You find out that the Inner part of the city is just as lovely as the Outer, only has even more guards and people dress a bit nicer.

Only the huge three-story administration offices building is bigger than the Temple of Hoar, and right in front of it, a huge bronze monument of the symbol of Hoar.

Or would be, if it the coin wasn't split in half on the ground and heavily vandalized, like some explosion hit it right in the middle. Bladeling guards surround the area while a few clerics and workers survey the damage.

Most of the clerics you spot walking up the stairs of the temple seem to be able fighters, and they momentarily revere and whisper about you before moving forward with their tasks.

You arrive at the main hall of the temple, and you immediately spot the massive figure of Huldrak before anyone else. "MY LORD, THE REBORN HAVE ARRIVED." the plated juggernaut says, as makes way for an important-looking figure to walk forward, surrounded by a mix of temple guards and bladelings.

The human looks to have been born with an arrogant look in his face. He spends some time glancing between the six of you, a curious look in his face, as he seems to be speaking to himself. "...across the planes indeed. My patron's reach is far greater wide than I imagined. Or perhaps your bright souls yearning for vengeance so brightly that He couldn't help but grasp it."

He switches quickly to a more pleasant and direct voice. "Oh! But where are my manners! Even in a place such as this, such things are important. You may call me Octavimus. I have many titles but the most relevant right now is that I am a humble Chosen of Hoar, and I lead this temple in His service." He pauses.

"Arcturus Solar, Dagat Tuth, Earl Kettler, The Emissary, Arkane and Marbles... just like me you came from far away, to arrive at such a strange and brutal place. I imagine your heads must be full of questions regarding your current circumstances. It would please me greatly to shed light on it, so everything becomes clear and we can move forward. So please, ask away!"

And just what do your characters ask?

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Dagat Tuth
HP: 26/36 AC: 17 HD: 4/4d10

Apparently a quick bath and a re-equip had done wonders for Dagat. The tortle striding into Hoar's temple no longer held a sluggish shabby aura around him. Crimson paint flowed around his eyes and down his face, blending into multicolored stripes of laquer that covered the edge of his shell to denote his statiom and achievements. He'd of course need a proper attendant to complete the work one day, but for now he'd reclaimed some of his dignity.

The state of the temple would have been a surprise if it had been the first bit of the city he'd seen, but given his time in the bazaar and wandering the streets before finding the Traitor's Gate, the defaced temple was hardly unexpected.

Huldrak gets an inclination of the head in greeting as the hulk calls out their presence. Grip tightening on the haft of his glaive, Dagat shifted his weight side to side to dispel some discomfort. He'd been on the other side of such introductions hundreds of times before and the unfamiliarity was odd.

Giving his shell a thump with his free hand, Dagat copied a gesture given to him by many visitors to Talagain before, bending forward in as best a bow as he could manage. "This Hoar is unknown to my people, but I am not one to turn away aid when it is given." Dagat glances briefly to the rest of the Reborn before continuing "I certainly wish to avenge my people, a sentiment I likely share with my fellow abductees in some fashion, but I will not see that done idling in some city in the middle of nowhere. What is it exactly this creature wishes done that I might secure its aid in my own endeavors?"

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Arcturus Solar
AC 19 (17 +2 Shield) | HP 36/36 | Spell Slots 1/3 | Spell Save DC: 13

Plate mail was outside of Arcturus's price range. More importantly, he felt... drained. Death had taken something out of him, and he no longer felt confident that he could bear the weight of such heavy armor. He would settle for a suit of chain instead, and upgrade his gear once he felt worthy again. Still, he was at least part of the way back to being a glorious shining knight of the light, and he walks to the temple of Hoar with his pride restored.

He surveys the damage to Hoar's symbol with mild interest. While he had no qualms about smashing the temples of evil gods, he did not get the sense that this Hoar was necessarily a servant of darkness. Not to mention that like it or not, he did owe Hoar for this second chance at life. After Dagat asks the most obvious and pressing question, Arcturus asks his own.

"This is clearly not Eberron; which plane is this?" He then motions to the smashed coin. "And who has defaced your temple?"

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

The Emissary
AC: 15 maybe | HP 25/26 | SP 1/4 | Spells 2/2 | Spell Save DC 14

When she hadn't previously been travelling, The Emissary tended to plan her days. She made these plans quickly, even when stressed, so striding away from the arena, she already had a full agenda to see to - she needed clothes, supplies and a room with a bath. After a wash, some first aid, and a little time spent studying the glowing heart, she put on her nicer new clothes and went down to the tavern to make some inquiries. Here, she confirmed her biggest worry. Her mission was definitely postponed.

She found out they were in Curst, which was in the Outlands, which was somewhere. Not somewhere on the continent, nor somewhere across the sea, but somewhere so far removed from home that everyone she spoke to had their own increasingly bad analogy to explain it. She, and the others, were trapped in a place that would prove almost impossible to navigate home from without a guide - a planeswalker. So the wizard said, and she'd liked his explanations best.

This far from home, she supposed, the stupid heart probably wasn't even a relic of the Fire Lord. It was just a thing. A dull elemental thing, bereft of the primordial potency of home. She hands it off to Arcturus when the group meets at the bazaar, with some quick usage instructions.

"Before we get too far, I was given a rather suspicious letter. Someone wishes to speak with to us after we meet with 'the large cheese' - that means the Lord of this region, the bartender said. Whoever sent the note claims to know the way to Sigil, where I was told we might find someone to take us home." She passes the note from the tavern to Marbles to verify, and gives a broad smile. "I hope everyone else feels as productive as I do."

The Emissary remains cheery all the way to the Temple. Home was further than she'd like, but she was about to meet an entirely new Lord - the undying godlike leader of the people of Curst. The others seemed less excited, but this was everything she had been trained for, and it was reassuring to know that this place wasn't so alien after all. She gives a smile and a little wave to Huldrak as she enters with the others and then, as he introduces them, bows respectfully for Octavimus' approach.

"Lord Octavimus, I am the sole emissary of the Storm Lord. My words carry his weight, and on his behalf I greet you. I ask your understanding and patience while I am in your domain and I will offer my cooperation in return." The Emissary ends her bow and when she gets the chance, adds to the other's questions :"Are 'Reborn' common? What purpose would compel your Hoar to gather non-worshippers here like this?"

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Nov 22, 2018

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ark
AC 13 | HP 31/31 | Spell Slots 3/3

A plain old leather breastplate, under his travel clothing and poncho, is what Ark decides to wear once away from the Arena. He spends most of the time alone, repairing his newfound weapon and assembling new equipment for whenever he decides to leave Curst, something he wishes it's as soon as possible. He heard of the place before, but it is mentioned just as a "last place to search" for men of his profession, where not even the most desperate bounties would risk too much time. The Tiefling eventually heads to meet with the other 'reborn', knowing that finding a way out of this place alone would be impossible for a single person. "You summoned people who have knowledge in battle, and sent them to fight as gladiators. A nice test, I guess, but I know already why you called us. So who's the target that your God want dead enough to bring a bunch of killers back?"

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Nov 23, 2018

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Earl Kettler

Earl surprisingly looked more appropriate in his gladiator rags than his new raiment. Covered in scales and skulls, the Cleric of Kelemvor's grimdark armament does not match his general optimism and candor. He gives a nod and a smile to Huldrak when they enter the temple and listens intently to Octavimus. "Oh wow, I didn't reckon I'd run in to another Chosen out here. I'm a Chosen of Kelemvor, myself. He's got me on a very important quest right now, I imagine that's why he had your Hoar fellow to pull me back out of the Fugue Plane after that run in I had with that Drow lady. Maybe my quest needed me to get out here to help you lot out, it's the least I could do after you got me out of that bind."

If Octavimus is the kind of person that would know or be able to determine, Earl is definitely not a Chosen of Kelemvor, but he does not appear to be attempting to mislead anyone, he's just mistaken.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Marbles
AC 16 | HP 24/24 | Spell Slots: 3 | Spell Save: 12

Marbles, for his part, makes for a very handsome bird when he's taken care of. His feathers are glossy once again, his beak shiny, and he is decked out in simple, but well-made clothes. The ruby ring is flaunted prominently on his finger, a gaudy display on an otherwise mundane appearance. When he arrives in the hall with the rest of them, he happily echoes Huldrak's statement in his own voice: "THE REBORN HAVE ARRIVED!" But he leaves the questions to his companions, who seem more comfortable with that sort of thing. Nonetheless, he eagerly studies Octavimus' appearance, whatever jewelry the man may have on him of particular interest to his beady eyes.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Dagat

"Many gods have different names in other planes, even I cannot grasp all facets of The Doombringer. Mayhap there was a god of vengeance or retribution in your home plane?" He pauses and smiles. "This city may be in the "middle of nowhere" from an initial perspective, but all is not hopeless if you understand how portals work, and how the clever get around here. We'll talk about what aid I may provide when appropriate."

Arcturus Solar

"You're in the Outlands, my friend. I'm relatively new to this plane and it's intricacies myself, so you'll have to excuse me if I don't have a scholar's full knowledge of it. The best way I could describe it is that you're in the center of the multiverse." He pauses. "A bit overwhelming, but the truth nonetheless, from here there is access to every Outer Plane in existence, if you know where to find them. From the Seven Heavens of Celestia all the way to the Infinite Layers of the Abyss. I know not myself what yours 'Eberron' is, but it does not matter. If you came from there and my God was able to grasp your soul, I assure you, somewhere in this center, be in The Outlands or in Sigil itself, there is a way home."

His face turns sours when he's about to talk about the severe vandalism and exploded holy symbol monument. "Ah... that. No doubt handiwork of the Revolutionary League, one of the infamous factions of this center of the multiverse. As you can imagine not all Curst denizens are happy with my presence, and it seems these Anarchists already had some heavy presence around here. Some nights ago the barracks where some of my bladeling mercenaries were garrisoned was firebombed too. And I suspect these attacks will not stop anytime soon."

The Emissary

He smiles at you. "Ah, you serve one of the Elemental Lords itself then? Interesting." He considers your question. "You Reborn are not. In fact, your group are the first ones. You have to understand, even for my God, any God for that matter, it is no simple task to resurrect beings from diverse planes like this. You have arrived here because my presence and my temple are the tiniest of footholds of Hoar in this plane of existence. You are here, regardless if you care for Hoar or not, because you care about retribution against those that did you wrong, be it a single person or an entire nation. The exact why of it, even I don't know, but I am sure Hoar will benefit in some way if you succeed."

Ark

He raises his hand at your question. "Let me make something perfectly clear, there is nothing that compels any of you in aiding me, my temple and even Hoar Himself. It is true that I have something that your group could aid me, but that would have to be mutually beneficial. In fact, Hoar himself ordered me to give you all a gift, after our little talk is over."

It doesn't escape your notice that he avoided talking about the arena fight.

Earl Kettler

After the cleric is finished talking, Octavimus has a puzzled look in his face. "You..are?" he says, and for a couple of seconds his eyes flare grey while he stares at you. "I sense no overflowing divine energies from you, but then again, I've yet to learn how much is drained from a person when they are Reborn. Nevertheless it is good to see someone else from Toril in this city."

You can ask more if you want, otherwise I'll move things along soon and he'll give you a 'gift'.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

The Emissary
AC: 15 | HP 25/26 | SP 1/4 | Spells 2/2 | Spell Save DC 14

The Emissary stands up straighter when Octavimus acknowledges the Elemental Lords, practically glowing with pride and respect. Naturally a Lord would be better informed than the locals she'd met so far.

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Marbles
AC 16 | HP 24/24 | Spell Slots: 3 | Spell Save: 12

"There is a way home." Octavimus' voice repeats back at him. "Home." Though the inflection remains the same, one cannot help but feel there is a tinge of longing to it as Marbles bows his head. The bird remains silent for a moment longer, before looking back at Octavimus. "A gift." he continues, holding out his hand matter-of-factly. "Hoar himself ordered." he adds, looking more determined now.

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Arcturus Solar
AC 19 (17 +2 Shield) | HP 36/36 | Spell Slots 1/3 | Spell Save DC: 13

Just as Octavimus had never heard of Eberron, Arcturus had never heard of the Outlands. Disappointing. But if this place was truly the hub upon which all of the planes spun, then there must be a path back. That aside, the thought of Anarchists disturbed him. He'd always felt that law was a force for good, and any law that could never serve good was no law at all. Those who would see true law and order cast down never had good intentions, so far as he was concerned.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ark

Ark grunts and crosses his arms. It seems he won't be able to coax an answer out of him like that. This 'gift' sounds highly suspicious, but he'll stay enough to listen to the cleric's proposal.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Dagat Tuth
HP: 35/36 AC: 17 HD: 3/4d10
SD: 4/4d8 Save DC: 13
Inspiration: No

Dagat works his mouth for a second as he pondered the Hoarite's non-commital response. The news that there were portals that could potentially get him home was a ray of hope at the least.

"My people draw our power from the spirits of the land, but I am not entirely unfamiliar with the divine. I cannot say I have heard of a being similiar to your Hoar, but given what has happened it's a hard thing to deny the power of."

Coming to the realization that this church is currently his best option, Dagat slams his fist against his shell again and nods "My weapon will swing at your behest so long as you intend on enabling me to avenge my people-" His hand tightens on his weapon "-and so long as your morals do not align with those who've spited me."

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Marble's mimicry surprises Octavimus, but much less than it did to Huldrak. "Ah... Hoar's gift is not material, but valuable nonetheless."

He turns to Dagat and nods. Very well, I'll explain what I desire: I would ask that you investigate the Revolutionary League presence here in Curst... and then eliminate their leadership. In exchange I would supply you with proper magical equipment, pieces from my old adventuring days and from this temple's trove. After that you would be on your own however, for the Path of Vengeance is an arduous one with many trials."

He then pauses and raises his hand before any of you can answer. "Think about my offer over the night. Remember that proper retribution requires patience and planning."

Octavimus's Gift

"Like it or not, all of you have a tiny spark of divinity after The Doombringer brought you from the dead."

The Chosen of Hoar closes his eyes and begins channeling something. You feel a shiver on your spine as immense divine power begins to emanate from him, and all his bodyguards and Huldrak kneel toward him. When he opens his eyes his eyes are shinning white and you know someone else is on Octavimus's body

A powerful, resonating voice comes out. "My first and only gift to you." He raises his left hand open towards the group. "Your destiny."

You all fall on your knees in horrible pain as something flares inside your chests. You feel as something ignited your hearts, burning with anger.

Your vision turns white before painful memories come flashing back. The moment you were killed, betrayed. The moment everything went wrong. The moment you suffered the greatest injustice in your life. And you see the vision repeat. Again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again...

"This is who you are now." a voice from within. "Accept my power to destroy those who have wronged you."

Choose one

quote:

Campaign Feature - Minor Mark of Vengeance

You accepted Hoar's gift on your soul. Once per day as a free action, after you have suffered damage from an enemy, return half of the total damage suffered to that enemy as pure unavoidable damage. You also gain +1 on your next attack or spell against it.

or

quote:

Campaign Feature - My Path Is My Own

You deny Hoar's gift and any trace of him on you, for now. Once per day as a free action, when rolling for a saving throw, add +3 to the result. If passing the throw would've halved damage, halve it again.

:siren: Regardless of what each one of you pick, you all also gained enough experience from everything you suffered so far to reach Level 5! :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Dagat Tuth
HP: 43/44 AC: 17 HD: 4/5d10
SD: 4/4d8 Save DC: 14
Vengeance: Available

The first sound from Dagat after the visions hit was a pained gasping for air. Reliving his drowning time and time again had been unpleasant to say the least. But there was a renewed anger flaring up in his heart and his shock is worn away.

When the gift had been offered Dagat saw no point in refusing. The Lord Octavimus had promised them aid in their quests for vengeance and that was a start. The magical armaments that were to come later would likely be of more aid, but yes this was a decent start.

Hobbling back to his feet and reclaiming his dropped weapon, Dagat gives the Lord a solemn nod, his breathing already having settled after the ordeal, his body standing firmer than it had just moments before. "If this league is intent on spreading fear and danger then I have no qualms with removing them."

quote:

Dagat accepts the gift.

Level 5
+8 hp
Extra Attack: Can attack twice per Attack Action.
Prof Bonus goes to 3 bumping up my trained skills and Save DC by 1.