Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«5 »
  • Post
  • Reply
Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010



Dagat Tuth
HP: 44/44 AC: 17 HD: 5/5d10
SD: 2/4d8 Save DC: 14
Second Wind: Available Action Surge: Used
Vengeance: Available


Dagat spares no thoughts for the escaping anarchists, they'd been tasked with dealing with the anarchist leadership and it seemed they had that well in hand. The panicking cowards might eventually regroup and decide on a new leader, but that was a problem for Octavimus and his small army to deal with on another day.

All it takes is a quick snap of the wrist to clear his blade of Nikola's blood. Turning his attention to the Genasi he raises his weapon, now poised to strike a killing blow on the anarchist leader he restates his earlier offer "As was said before, I am willing to offer clemency to you in hopes that people more persuasive than I might sway you back onto a less harmful path, but I will not offer again." He nods down to Nikola, his arms tensing "This one is on the brink, but may be tended to still. I would suggest thinking wisely about your response."

The tortle lets out a mirthful snort as his new compatriots stroll in through one of the side passages, another captured anarchist in their possession. He glances at the genasi and tilts his head "You asked where the rest of us were? Well your question has been answered." He nods appreciatively to the squishier members of the group "I trust you had little issue?"

quote:

If the Genasi seems like he'll be cooperative Dagat will use a charge off his healing kit to stabilize Nikola for transport back to the church.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at Feb 5, 2019 around 02:53

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013



Pillbug

Arcturus Solar
AC 19 (17 +2 Shield) | HP 44/44 | Spell Slots 4/4 -- 0/2 | Spell Save DC: 14
Warhorse: AC 11 | HP 19/19


When it becomes apparent the Genasi isn't going to resist further, Arcturus lowers his blade, but not his guard. Baffling and infuriating as he found these Anarchists, it made him glad to see they weren't beyond honor and reason.

"You've secured the freedom of your underlings. I take it you've seen the light?"

Absolutely nothing in his stance or tone even hints that he realizes he's made a pun.

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


Marbles
AC 16 | HP 27/30 | Spell Slots: 1/3 | Spell Save: 13

Marbles, for his part, seems to be enthralled with his new rainbow sword, while he happily hops behind the crew, occasionally swinging the blade once more with a handy flourish. When they stumble upon Dagat and Arcturus facing down the other anarchists, the kenku puts it away again, ready to aid in the fight... but it proves ultimately unnecessary. "You gambled," Marbles says, in that same smooth voice of an older man which he uses to praise himself, "and you lost." A series of clicking sounds follow; the gravity of the situation seems ultimately lost on the bird.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011



Ark
AC 14 | HP 31/31 | Spell Slots 2/3

"He got his friends to escape, Marbles, that kind of spiteful acting sours a victory." Ark says as he points his cannon at the head of the bound Halfling that Earl is carrying. a cold look in his eye as he stares right at the Genasi's direction. "I like to think of myself as not a spiteful man, but if this guy decides to make things harder to us, it won't just be his wounded companion that he's going to lose."

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!


The Emissary
AC 12 | HP 32/32 | SP 2 | Spells 3/1/2 | Spell Save DC 15


The Emissary rolls her eyes at Ark's continued weapon pointing. Presumably it was another bluff. Ideally, it was another bluff.

"We had an unfortunate run in, but we survived. We also destroyed what weapons we found - these large, unwiedly crossbows. If there were more, they were already gone when we arrived.", The Emissary says, answering Dagat. Turning to the apparent leader, she continues. "I am sorry for the ones who died. They seemed to doubt our stated intentions. This is simply for the safety of your city - if you care for it, you should accept my friend's offer of clemency."

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014


Anarchist Shutdown

The huge Earth Genasi responds without any emotion at the situation. "Enough. You have won Curst for the Hoarites. For now. I'll come peacefully as long as Nikola is treated." The bloodied mage on the ground tries to say something, she struggles to even say a word and just coughs up a lot of blood instead, Dagat's inflicted injuries on her being that severe.

With the halfling already hogtied the group does the same for the Genasi and Nikola while she's treated. Dagat and Arcturus don't take any chances with the Genasi brawler and double the amount of restraints on him, while escorting him out armed and ready for anything. The crew does a quick cleanup on the hideout but don't find much, the Revolutionary League seems to most of the time carry their stuff with them. You leave the same way the paladin and tortle came, exiting at an abandoned warehouse.

You make your way back towards the Inner Curst area toward the Temple of Hoar, the sight of you six striking figures escorting three dangerous-looking criminals draw a lot of sights, but no exaltation or cheers, just a lot of rushed whispers between the crowds as they try to figure out whats happening and undoubtedly spread rumors about it. As you reach the foot of the stairs to the temple a lot of the Hoarite members silently observe the captured anarchists, a dark expression on their faces.

As you head up to the main chamber where you previously discussed your deal with Octavimus, you spot the man himself alone, kneeling at an altar for his god. The Chosen of Hoar turns around at the sound of so much movement. He smiles at the sight of the captured targets. "Ah, the Reborn. And you bring me a gift... you work very efficiently do you not?" he glances at the enormous Genasi. "Is he the leader of the nasty thorn in my side?" he looks back at the group. "Report on what happened, please."

In addition to that, you can start thinking about one reasonable item upgrade for your character, since Octavimus did promise to aid you in that in return for this service. I'm not familiar enough with how rare certain equipment are in 5e D&D, so you could help me up with that, just be reasonable for a lvl 5 party.

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010



Dagat Tuth
HP: 44/44 AC: 17 HD: 5/5d10
SD: 2/4d8 Save DC: 14
Second Wind: Available Action Surge: Used
Vengeance: Available


Dagat gives a deep inclination of his head as Octavamis welcomes the crew back from their short day of work.

He gives a slight shake of the head when the Hoarite points to the genasi "If the halfling who leaked information to us is to be believed, then the person your inquries must be directed toward is the human, Nikola"

Settling into a more casual stance he continues, glancing at Arcturus from time to time for affirmation "There wasn't much to our investigation on this end. Arcturus and I ran into a helpful dwarf by the name of Trakius, selling second hand or corpse looted weapons in the market, who pointed us to the elf we delivered to Huldrak earlier. The elf's companion in turn pointed us to the safehouse that housed our recent confrontation."

quote:

I don't have any of my books in front of me for another week and a bit, so I don't have any hard requests. Posting might be a bit rushed/spaced out til I'm back home proper, but I'll try to keep on top of it.

My preference for items is probably Weapon->Utility->Defense, but I'd be happy with whatever.

Dagat could use a +1 glaive or halberd(Major Item non-attunement) or something with a twist like the Butcher's Blade (Likely attunement if it did anything more than a small tweak above a normal +1.)

Being a tortle means armor is useless to me so a Cloak of Protection (+1ac/saves. Major Item attunement required) would be a helpful patch.

A Clockwork Amulet (common, minor non attunement) could be handy. Lets you choose to have a 10 on an attack roll once per day rather than rolling.

I'm not crazy about consumables, but it's hard to argue with a pile of minor potions of differing sorts, they can come in handy.

Gimmicky custom items(reusable or not) that would help widen the breadth of what I can contribute as a pure martial would be solid too.

Successful Businessmanga fucked around with this message at Feb 24, 2019 around 21:39

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!


The Emissary
AC 12 | HP 32/32 | SP 2 | Spells 3/1/2 | Spell Save DC 15


The Emissary rises from an overly extravagant bowing position she had assumed when Lord Octavimus first spoke, and continues on from Dagat. "As this was happening, Marbles, Ark, Earl and I investigated the junk yard. Some children directed us to underground tunnels where we captured the halfling and, regrettably, were forced to kill several others. After this, we destroyed some weaponry, and followed the tunnels to find our companions."

"I must confess, Lord Octavimus, we found ourselves in the thick of things, quite under-prepared, and we have startlingly little helpful information for you. Please forgive us."

She collapses back into her practiced bow.

quote:

I know less about D&D 5e items than you, so I dunno consider this a placeholder until I can look through a list or talk it over with the others on discord.
After a look through the uncommon items, I think one of these three things would help most -

- A Wand of the War Mage +1 (Ignore half cover, and +1 Bonus to Spell attack rolls)
- A Cloak of Protection (+1 to AC and saving throws)
- A Cloak of Elvenkind (When the hood is pulled up, enemy perception checks are rolled at disadvantage, and stealth rolls are made with advantage as the colour shifts to camouflage. Fussing with the hood takes an action)
Cloak of Elvenkind isn't combat useful to me like it might be to Marbles, but Em isn't awful at hiding, and the only reason she hasn't tried stealth yet is because it hasn't occurred to her.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at Feb 21, 2019 around 18:06

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013



Pillbug

Arcturus Solar
AC 19 (17 +2 Shield) | HP 44/44 | Spell Slots 4/4 -- 0/2 | Spell Save DC: 14
Warhorse: AC 11 | HP 19/19


After the others say their piece, Arcuturus gives a brief bow and adds his own piece.

"The Genasi sacrificed his own freedom to ensure the escape of his underlings, and Nikola claimed the Anarchists have enough hideouts to sacrifice one like they did today. Whether this was bluster or the truth, I can't say. I imagine there are other underground spaces in this city. Interrogating the captured Anarchists might reveal more, in time, but I'm sure that as we speak they are reorganizing to minimize the damage these captives can do. Would you like us to keep searching?"

quote:

My wishlist for uncommon magic items in rough order of their power and how much I'd like to have them:

1. Gauntlets of Ogre Power: Major item, attunement required, sets Strength to 19. Pretty much the best possible magic item right now for the 14 Strength melee/caster hybrid that is Arcturus.
2. Cloak of Protection: Major item, attunement required, "You gain a +1 bonus to AC and saving throws while you wear this cloak." Not a dramatic increase, but will always be useful.
3. Adamantine Plate Armor: Major item, counts as Plate Armor but also turns all critical hits on the wearer into regular hits. I won't be able to wear this for a long time (level 8) when I can increase my Strength, but it'd be nice to have it around for then.
4. Saddle of the Cavalier: Minor item, "While in this saddle on a mount, you can't be dismounted against your will if you're conscious, and attack rolls against the mount have disadvantage." Obviously not universally useful, but will make me pretty much guaranteed to remain mounted during any outside fight where I can bring the horse. 120 feet of movement every single round probably won't be useful, but it's certainly impressive! (I will eventually get Find Greater Steed at which point Flying will come into play and having this item will be much nicer).

So yeah, pick whichever one you think is appropriate.

Wahad
May 19, 2011



Everything by design.


Marbles
AC 16 | HP 27/30 | Spell Slots: 1/3 | Spell Save: 13

Marbles seems to be happy to let the others do the talking, busying himself with turning the rainbow blade over in his hands while he waits for business to be done. He doesn't bother telling Octavimus about the potions, either. He found them, fair and square.

Wanna get a moment to identify the shiny sword and the potions at some point. Further magical item wishes, in no particular order:

- Headband of Intellect (the most directly useful, sets Int to 19)
- Slippers of Spider Climbing (lets me walk on non-slippery walls and ceilings)
- Bag of Holding (for storing all the shinies!)
- Gloves of Missile Snaring (in case dudes want to shoot the bird)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011



Ark
AC 14 | HP 31/31 | Spell Slots 2/3

"The organization seems to have been beheaded at least. Unless there's a leader lurking in the shadows that we haven't met yet, but without their lieutenants, whatever that group was planning won't come to pass... For a while." Ark says with a shrug. For all he cares he solved Octavianus' problem, but a nagging voice inside tells him that the god's emissary won't let them go so soon.

Hmm, maybe a Headband of Intellect? Got not much 5e experience.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004


Earl Kettler
AC: 17 | HP 19/38 | Spells 4/2/1 | Spell Save DC 15

"Aw shucks, it was nothin' you know? We just went down to the ol' junk heap and pushed some stuff around and next thing you know we're walkin' down a hall waist deep in people tryin' da stab us and whatnot and there was this one guy that looked like a bull but not a bull but he didn't do much so we just took care of them and brought em up here you know us chosen gotta help each other out and stuff." Earl's recollection of the events does not mesh well with the group's gruesome memories of how he "took care" of them, but Earl doesn't appear to be holding anything back on purpose, it's just another day at work for a "Chosen of Kelemvor".

quote:

I think Earl will go with a Sentinel Shield if that's alright.

Reik fucked around with this message at Feb 22, 2019 around 18:05

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014


Just Rewards

Octavimus listens to the report from the group, paying attention to every word, even Earl's mash-up of words. "And all of this in one day of investigation. Most impressive indeed. It's a shame some of them escaped but..." he glances at the captured Anarchist leadership just as masked Hoarites appear from a door leading downstairs into some lower temple chamber. "...I do believe we can make them talk.".

The masked Hoarites take the prisoners off your hands as Octavimus leads you to an armory of sorts deeper into the temple, where an unarmored Huldrak is seem to be polishing his enormous armor, and you finally learn that he's a grey-skinned half-orc of some sort, massively muscled as you might have expected. He stands at attention when Octavimus arrives with all of you.

The Chosen of Hoar continues "It's about time I make good on my end of the deal. Expect your paths of vengeance to have many trials and hardships, as is expected in service to The Doombringer..." he smiles as he takes off his majestic dark-grey cloak, and presents it to Arcturus. "...so it helps to be properly equipped. And a leader must look the part." It seems that Octavimus assumes the paladin to be leader of the Reborn of Hoar, true or not.

quote:

Arcturus receives a stylish dark-grey Cloak of Protection, it has some sort of emblem on the back, surprisingly not of Hoar, but of a noble house of sort, a twin-headed snake coiled around a staff.

Huldrak grabs his enormous glaive and motions toward Dagat, waiting for the fighter to pick it up. "MAY IT SERVE YOU WELL, AS IT DID FOR ME. I SLAUGHTERED YANDALL THE MARROW-DRINKER, A MURDEROUS ICE-GIANT AND HIS FAMILY WITH IT, ONE OF MY FINEST RETRIBUTIONS IN THE NAME OF HOAR. TAKE GOOD CARE OF IT."

quote:

Dagat receives a +1 Glaive, "The Equalizer", deals +1d4 damage to enemies of size bigger than the user.

The blade at the end seems to be heavier than expected, explained as a mechanism in the handle seems to suddenly stretch it, explaining the effectiveness in killing giants.

On a nearby wall Earl picks a shield that seems perfect for him, it seems to made out of some deep dark alloy, and was carved in the format of an angry eye that gazes through all lies.

quote:

Earl receives a Sentinel Shield.

Marbles spots a very shiny golden headband resting on a small fluffy pillow, which seems to fit the kenku perfectly. As you put it on your head, you suddenly feel like you understand the multiverse better than before.

quote:

Marbles receives a shiny Headband of Intellect.

The Emissary receives a rather heavy but exquisite wand from Octavimus himself. "Not many of Hoar's followers have arcane skills, but the few that do leave their mark. This one was from a dear companion of mine, before she departed this existence. May it serve you well, fair lady."

quote:

The Emissary receives a +1 Wand of the War Mage. With the exception of a vibrant magical ruby at the top, the wand seems to be made of dark green insect chitin, sturdy but surprisingly light-weight

Ark notices a strange metal gauntlet/shoulder gear combo near an absurdly large composite bow. It fits your right arm perfectly, and you feel your gun lighter and easier to handle while wearing it.

quote:

Ark receives the Sureshot Gauntlet. Once per combat, if you miss an attack with your ranged weapon, you may reroll it with a +1 bonus. This mechanism made of brass seems to shift the weight of your gun around, and handle the recoil quicker. On the shoulder, a brass detail in the shape of a skull seems to grinning.

This is only the half of an update, the remaining (and Marbles identification of acquired items from the tunnel fight) will come tomorrow, but feel free to react to your rewards/talk between yourselves, whatever. Or just chill until next update, that's cool too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010



Dagat Tuth
HP: 44/44 AC: 17 HD: 5/5d10
SD: 2/4d8 Save DC: 14
Second Wind: Available Action Surge: Used
Vengeance: Available


Dagat spares the anarchist captives a final glance before putting them out of his mind. The Reborn's actions had removed an element harming the city through it's misguided actions and now fresh wounds could begin to heal. Octavimus' soldiers would no doubt be able to root out the remaining trouble makers.

There's little time left to ponder any longer over the consequences of their actions as Octavimus leads them deeper into the temple. Huldrak gets an approving nod as he displays the physique of a proper warrior, but the tortle's attention is quickly pulled to display of gear stowed in the space.

Dagat isn't sure what to make of his new weapon at first, his swings feeling clumsy as he gives it a good few practice swings. Eventually he manages to get the unbalanced feeling under control, his mind and body adapting to the idea that the haft will extend and allow him to use the increased weight to swing ever harder at more unconventionally sized enemies.

Placing his palm against the flat of The Equalizer's blade, Dagat gives a grunt of satisfaction, it was a weapon that would have seen great use during the invasion of Talagain. The enemy had used great beasts, summoned with their odd arcane magics, that had been a great deal harder to deal with than any man he'd fought before. With a handle gained on his blade, Dagat gives a stiff bow of thanks to Octavimus and then to Huldrak "A fine tool. I imagine will find its purpose fulfilled time and time again as I follow the path opened to avenge Talagain."

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • Post
  • Reply
«5 »