Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

SirPhoebos posted:

Kind of wish I could have gotten in on this. I've had a lot of fun with this mod.

You still can! We're only on our second session! There's hundreds of years to go! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Joe Wilson
Jul 4, 2007

Justifiably Mad!
I'm waiting for 1.2 of ATE to come out to try a new campaign. Been a while. Had a fun co-op campaign where my buddy played the duke of Chicago and I played the Duke of Cuyahoga, both Catholic rulers. We got maybe 20-30 years in, but my internet is so terra-bad that we had to stop.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Raenir Salazar posted:

You still can! We're only on our second session! There's hundreds of years to go! :)

While it looks like a couple of my preferred starts have already gotten et, I might be tempted to try out the Badgerlings.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I also joined that game and it was fun. I forgot to take screenshots for a proper AAR, but a brief synopsis of things I remembered:

Started as a vassal duke of Louisiana, which was taken over by crusaders. I was outwardly Catholic but secretly Voodoo. I attempted to make my children secretly voodoo, too. I succeeded on my eldest, but failed on my other two. My eldest got Midas Touched, which was nice, but then also got cancer, meaning he lived for about a month after my elderly first character died. My second character, Duke Tim, was zealous and I liked roleplaying too much to make him secretly Voodoo, even after he lost it for cynical due to an event. I did, however, notice that the Quick woman I married was Reform Judaism, so I had her educate my two heirs, both girls, so I would be Reform after succession. I did this for two reasons: The first is that reform is a feminist religion and I started with Absolute Cognatic, and didn't want to deal with the opinion penalty for having a female ruler from all of my Catholic vassals. The other is that Catholicism is both boring (why play a mod with a whole host of new and interesting religions if you're just going to play Base Game Catholicism?) and also very good, possibly the best religion in the game, and I am too much of a contrarian to do that.

This (probably) got my first reform ruler murdered without an heir, though that might also have been that I hadn't bothered to convert anybody yet, had my spymaster messing around in the HCC instead of discovering plots, had a bad intrigue score, and had my cousin with a claim that my current ruler also has to deal with, since I only died like a year or so before we stopped. Her sister is either just barely 16 or just slightly before it, and now my cousin with a claim is my heir, so I'm being extra careful in not getting murdered.

On a non-religion front, I was the strongest vassal in Louisiana at the time, meaning that if the ruler died without an heir, I would inherit. I therefore decided to murder my way through the entire ruling family. I managed to murder the king's brother, but didn't kill the king before he had a daughter. Thankfully, I killed him before he could have another kid, meaning I had a 13 year long regency to deal with. I absolutely could have killed the daughter at any time, as I was regent and everybody hates young female rulers in Catholic realms, so I focused on her remaining family, who were annoyingly in another realm and, therefore, harder to kill. I did manage to kill them, which also expanded Louisiana as their lands fell into my Queen's control, but I ended up getting caught, which absolutely ruined my relations with almost everyone. I also forgot that mothers can inherit lands that their children owned, even if they're of a different dynasty, if there's no other options, so I needed to kill her mom too. By this time, the girl had grown up, but I wasn't too worried about her having kids; someone else made her a Zombi somehow, which, amongst other things, provided a health and fertility malus. I was confident I could kill her mom before she had kids. And I did, though not in the way I was expecting. My queen not only never married, she also decided to fight in the front lines in a vassalization war, which got her disfigured and severely wounded. But it wasn't the zombification, the severe wounds, or my assassins that killed her, as she ended up killing herself and leaving her mother in charge.

Her mother had no dynasty members, she was old, she was still a female ruler in a Catholic realm, and I was still the strongest vassal. At this point, I just made a plot to fabricate a claim on the kingdom, which I did. I was tempted to just make a faction to install myself as the king, but all the murdering had made almost everyone hate me, so I just ended up killing the new Queen anyway and became King. I had to grant independence to some territory due to the max county limit, which was fine, but I forgot about the 'no vassal merchant republics' rule until later, so I also granted independence to my vassal of New Orleans, which brought me under the size limit. I was in the middle of reconquering them, so I could personally hold the land this time, when we ended the session.

Apart from the too-early deaths of my starting character's first son (drat you cancer) and Duke Tim's first daughter (I'm still not sure who murdered her) that was a pretty good session for me. I could have become the king much sooner if I just bothered to fabricate a claim and make a faction to install me, but I've always wanted to murder my way through an entire family to get a title.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice
Awesome synopsis! For the first time in literally years AARs for our campaign seems to be accomplishing their original purpose: Attracting Attention (which is why btw, writing up an AAR of at least 500 words or equivalent effort gets you a 'reward', make sure to crosspost the AAR to the paradox aar thread we have up and claim your reward!)

I'll be posting my own AAR soon, I took a couple of screenshots, and I took saves when we rehosted so I should have some.

SirPhoebos posted:

While it looks like a couple of my preferred starts have already gotten et, I might be tempted to try out the Badgerlings.

You should! We desperately need new blood to keep diplo fresh. CK2 is shaping up to be a fairly PvE centric campaign since everyone is far apart, but things tend to get a little more cutthroat in EU.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Got a weird bug or something that I'm trying to figure out - playing as Dhofar as a tribal Bedouin Muslim ruler, my tribals holdings that have both Desert Riders and Camel Riding Grounds but only seems to produce horse archers, not camels. My other holdings that just have camels DO produce camels.

I cant see a way to get rid of the Desert Riders nor any other way to make the camels show up. Any ideas?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Two weeks worth of updates to examine and consider!

At the end of the first session my burgeoning Kingdom was established, the reign of my first ruler going strong.

The end of the First Age of Reclaimation...

You can see on the map the shape of all the player realms including my own. My realm has some "holes" in it due to some last minute
releasing of vassals with negative loyalty in order to allow myself to adjust my realms, primarily switching to Primogeniture before forming the Kingdom title.

The Second Age of Reclaimation Begins...

The third map shows the end of what I call "The Second Age of Reclaimation" where I reclaimed the released territories and expanded my way south into California.

gently caress the Redwoods, you'll know why later

During this period the player north of me in Vanvouver continued to die out and his republic failing for good, he decided to move further north into northern British Columbia to play I think a tribal? Their troubles would not end.

The second age of Reclaimation would come to an end with the death of Matriarch Iriael of the most Azure dynasty Lazuli, otherwise known collectively as the Lazulae. Her daughter, Ariael would rule for 10 years and bring the Second Age of Reclaimation to a close with her ascension. By the time of her death Iriael had brought the realm of the Azurites as far south as the redwoods of California; though this would be the source of no end of costly conflict with the Empire of California.

Ariael came at a good time, with her high diplomacy and Grey Eminence education she was fit to fix the failings of the First Matriarch, and forge bridges and lasting relationships between the new subjects brought into the fold during the Wars of the First and Second Reclaimation. She was initially seen as untrustworthy (lol at -100 relations with all my vassals due to not liking Iriael and her 0 diplo) but over her reign began the arduous process of righting the ship.

Caeniael would marry Jahanshah ibn Zakariyya, and gain the blood of Zakar. Woo +5 relations with various groups?

With the death of Caeniael, Ariael's daughter she was bedridden with despair and died. Lord Abaddon the Sea Devil would take the throne as Regent until the next Matriach is of age.

Abaddon was initially a Level 2 Tough Soldiers but campaign experience during the First Age of Resolution leveled him up to being a Skilled Tactician and gradually I would bring his Martial up from 18 to 27 through various items and other choices. My strategy in these games is to raise my learning to above 10, get the necronomicon, and go through the scholarship focus and join the Ivy League in order to speed up my teching before switching to whichever focus looks useful, for Abaddon this was Stewardship since I was having difficulty maintaining a realm with 8 counties.

Why the Age of Resolution? Because this was the time to remain STEADFAST and RESOLVED to win as I got routinely invaded, over and over again! Woo~

First was California, presumably in revenge for taking the Red Woods, I managed to fend them off and was going to demand tribute to win back some gold but the California player to the south decided to join the AI's war against me, dick move. So I accepted a white peace with the AI instead since I was winning this was easy enough.

You gotta know when to hold them and know when to fold them and this was not a time to try to hold the line against those numbers.

Which was something like 10,000 troops vs 14,000 or more.

Then the British Columbia player was invaded BY THE RUSSIANS!!!

They promptly surrendered the coastal now-free real estate since the event troops were apparently just too much to handle given their economic-military state.

While that was happening JAPAN of all people invaded me. I apparently don't have a screenshot for this, they invaded Redwood, the continued BANE of my existence.

However their troops seemed to be nothing special

I was tempted to surrender and hope they invade south to annoy the other players but it seemed winnable and so instead I fended them off, baiting them to attack my stack of troops across a river. I even took him prisoner!

Nyehhehehe, I got lots of puzzles for you to do with my brother Sans!

Annoyingly he refuses to let me ransom him back or to marry one of my daughters.

West Snake being the most underrated polity at this time!

My problems remain my anemic levies after the death of my high martial starting ruler.

And very soon after that after I had managed to fend off the Japanese then I got invaded AGAIN.

You remember the Russians? I remember the Russians. I wish I didn't remember the Russians because THEY INVADED ME NEXT.

Dealing with Invasion after invasion which halted my expansion to a dead stop has been incredibly frustrating; complicated that the constant
tribal raids with anywhere between 150 guys with pointy sticks to freaking 3,000 dudes with pointy sticks means my capital is being constantly raided and my levies keep taking a hit. I'm debating the next time I see a big stack land on my capital just landing them in my country and see if I can at least take advantage of it but I have no idea how that mechanic works or if its actually worth it.

After dealing with the Russians which was very touch and go because I won a battle, then lost a battle, then won a battle, before finally sitting there waiting for the ticking warscore to reach 100% before peacing out. I had to borrow some money from a player to afford my mercs.

Back to the Black Sea from which you came!

At the end of the session I don't have too much to do, I got some options to try to finish up my expansion but my levies are half of their max and my treasury is low, it feels risky to me but I have some openings. Namely Lincoln, who while tribal is losing to an invasion to a child of destiny who hilariously was the intended son/heir of the player north of me. Puget (the green province dividing my territory) is in my de jure so thats maybe a quick and easy victory.

End of Week 3 Player map:

End of Week 3 Realm map:

All Hail Kickatus!

e: to fix new line issues.

Raenir Salazar fucked around with this message at 08:50 on May 27, 2021

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
What's the beta to use for the current most recent GoT mod on the paradox forums? https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/release-a-game-of-thrones-v2-2.1393307/

We're trying to use it but the checksum with a fresh install + the 3.3.3 patch it's supposedly for ain't right and the mod UI bugs out.

(alternatively is there an up-to-date download somewhere else?)

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

God, I really wished they had ever fixed the muslim adultery event. I'm loving sick of dealing with that event every couple months with any muslim ruler that dares to actually love one of his wives. Really dragging down any time I try to do something with muslims.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weavered
Jun 23, 2013

ShootaBoy posted:

Crusader Kings II: Really dragging down any time I try to do something with muslims.