Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
Sign-ups Closed!

Welcome to the first second third Fountain Pen Something Awful Secret Santa! All countries and regions can participate, so long as your account is at least three months old. Newbies, we’ll get you next time.

Participants will exchange gifts valued around $20-30 USD ($25-30 CAD), but used ink samples/bottles or secondhand pens are fine as long as they’re clean. Gift cards are cool too. Check with your post office for shipping costs. Keep in mind that some goons live in places that freeze, which may affect ink. Another option is to ship directly from a shop like Goulet or Wonderpens.

Want to play?

First, send me an email at FountainPensSA@gmail.com. The subject line should say FPSASS18 <YourUserName>. In that email, please include:

Your SA Profile link:
(Optional) Your FountainPenNetwork Profile link:
Name:
Address:
Where you’re willing to ship to: Anywhere? European only, North American only? Other? Outer space? Farther the better?
Also include additional relevant information that you don’t want to publicly post, like maybe your Amazon wishlist.

Secondly, please post in this thread with your Dear Santa. You can tell Santa anything, but especially:

What you love, what you’d like to try, or what you definitely do not want.
What you already have. (Link to a Google Spreadsheet with your ink collection. You can also include this in your email to me if you’re concerned about privacy.)
If you’re cool with NSFW packaging or content. (Dong glitter exists. Just say’n.)
How you use your pens. (Art? Organization? Nanowrimo-ing?)
The shops you prefer, so your Santa can choose a gift-card.

Try to be open-minded about what you might get. $20 doesn’t go far with fountain pens! Hopefully everyone can be matched up, but if you live in Africa and no one is willing to ship outside of North America or Europe you might not be matchable. I’ll do my best.

Most exchanges have a deadbeat. We may vilify and shame them, depending on circumstances, but I’ll probably ask for volunteers to take on an extra Santees in January once the dust settles. I cannot promise that you won’t be deadbeated, as it’s out of my hands.

In summary, the rules are:
Send me an application email, and post in the thread. (Put your username and the number 18 in the subject line!) -- ie. FPSASS18 Pixelante.
Don’t play unless you can afford to send a value of at least $20 USD, with shipping fees on top of that.
If you aren’t okay with NSFW packaging or content, mention it in your Dear Santa post.
Label ink samples clearly.
Get your package in the mail before the 20th of December, preferably sooner.
Don’t be a deadbeat and stiff your Santee without warning. If poo poo happens and you can’t follow through, let me know.

[video type="youtu"]G8OIh0nvxgA[/video]

FAQ

* your Santa will almost certainly be different than your Santee.
* you do not have to reveal your identity to your Santee, but I think it's fun.
* you may open your present when you receive it. If you prefer to wait til Christmas day, go for it.
* it's very nice to post a thank-you to your Santa, but not obligatory.
* I'm not going to put a hit out on anyone who shipped too late to miss Christmas Day, but do try. Remember that shipping is way cheaper if you leave it lots of time--especially for those of us in Canada, who have rolling postal strikes on the go.

Pixelante fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Dec 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.
Dear FPSASS Santa,

What I love
I have an addiction to novelty. Please send me lots of ink samples so I can change inks weekly! I rarely use up whole bottles.

Is it blue? Is it purple? Is it teal? I will probably love it! (Ink, accessories, stickers, notecards, paperclips, bookmarks, notepads/notebooks, whatever. Those are my favorite colors and I love getting stuff in them.)

Shimmer inks and anything saturated are also good bets. (Blue/purple/teal can be desaturated and dusty and I'll love them, but other colors bright is better.)

What I'd like to try
I don't have many shimmer inks, but I like them, so more of those is cool. A sample of Diamine Golden Ivy to go with my Magical Forest, maybe? Or Robert Oster Heart of Gold? Or a purple? Or really anything out of the billion shimmer inks as I only have these three: Diamine Magical Forest, J. Herbin Emerauld de Chivor, and Nemosine Blue Snowball Nebula.

I haven't pulled the trigger on any Colorverse inks, but those look nice. They have some nifty names.

I bujo but don't get fancy with it. A set of stencils could be fun.

What I don't want
J. Herbin Vert Empire. I sent the bottle I had to another goon because I hadn't used it in years. So try not to get that color of anything. (Brighter, saturated greens are fine!)

What I already have
Google Docs stash sheet that also has some opinions on various items. Contains my ink, pens, and nibs that I have.

NSFW?
I come from the nail polish thread. Load up the dongs if you want! Just keep them inside the box.

How I use my pens
Journaling my ~feelings~, bullet journaling, and at work. I have a Lamy Nexx-M that hangs from my work lanyard and does pretty well, all things considered.

Preferred Shops
Anderson, Goulet, & Amazon are where I shop the most. Edit to add Jetpens; I forgot about them but they are fun office supply heaven.

effika fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Nov 30, 2018

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Dear Santa

I've been very good decent okay not completely evil this year.

What I Love
I like shiny things. I also like colorful things. Honestly, the gaudier and more hideous the better. Imagine you're shopping for fountain pen things for a magpie and that'll pretty much work.

What I'd Like To Try
Looking through my collection, the two things I seem to lack are green and red inks Very Christmas-y!

What I Don't Want
I have something approaching three million blue, orange, and brown inks. So maybe not those.

NSFW
Go nuts

How I Use My Pens
I use my pens for work, journaling, and tinkering.

Preferred Stores
Amazon.ca or Amazon.com

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.
Dear Santa,

Surely, organising this exchange balances out some of my eviler deeds this year.

Love: Just about anything to do with stationery. I burn through paper pretty fast, and rotate ink constantly. I doubt I'll finish a single bottle in my lifetime. I'm interested in trying a flex dip-pen, since my Noodler's Ahab is a bit stiff.

Already Have: Here's a list of inks I've got, and what I like.

Uses: I scribble a lot of notes for work, and enjoy elegantly crafted to-do lists. I wish my handwriting was better! Sometimes I do artistic things. I love italic nibs for personal stuff, but need to use fine nibs for conferences/work, since I end up doodling on cheap hand-out paper a lot.

Shops: I'm Canadian, so Wonderpens is always great. So is Goulet, since they carry a lot more stuff. Amazon is cool too. The local landscape for FP shopping has improved vastly in the last couple years (more options than the legendary pen rear end in a top hat of Vancouver Island) but if I want anything other than Noodlers, Herbin, or overpriced Iroshizuku I need to shop online.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
Email sent!

Dear Santa, here's my edited list:

Love:
  • Ink samples, of course! Particularly greens, purples, deep pinks, and red-black or blue-black. Not into shiny/glittery inks so much.
  • Stationery, loose-leaf for letters or notepads are both cool.
  • Cool postcards.
  • One of those cool TWSBI Diamond inkpots.
  • Birds are cool, especially corvids and owls, so any bird motif stuff.
  • Bees and dragonflies are nifty, too.
  • A blotter, why not?
  • Pen case/pouch.
  • Pen stand.
  • Extra vials and labels.
  • Sealing wax so I can be a ridiculous person have an excuse to buy a seal and sent some ornate holiday cards.
Already Have:
Pens:
  • Kaweco Sport (medium and calligraphy italic)
  • TWSBI 580 ALR (stub and formal italic)
  • Lamy 2000 (cursive italic)
  • Pelikan Souveran 400 (BLS stub)
  • Rohrer & Klingner glass pen
Inks:
  • Pilot Iroshizuku: take-sumi, tsuki-yo, ku-jaku, kon-peki, fuyu-syogun, syo-ro, momiji, yama-guri
  • Diamine Grape
  • Papier Plume: burgundy, pecan, Mardi Gras Indians Purple, Bayou Nightfall
  • So many blue sample bottles, you guys, please believe I'm good on this front
NSFW:
Whatever, I'm a jaded SF Bay Area denizen, do your worst (maybe not your absolute worst).

Use:
Notes, letters, jotting down ideas or micro-journal entries, doodling, checks, receipts, lovely poetry... really anything that you could use a writing implement for. Also, all of my pens have an italic or stub nib, which is because I like to write in italic and also want to get back into proper calligraphy.

Shops:
Amazon is always good. Jetpens and Pen Chalet are cool. So are Papier Plume and Birmingham Pen Co. Haven't bought from Goulet yet, but that seems popular, so let's throw that in, too. But honestly, anything you want. I'll appreciate it, I promise.

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Nov 30, 2018

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Dear Santa,

I'm doing well, how are you?

Love:
Send me your favorite ink! Or an ink you think is cool, nifty, a great color, whatever. But not anything that could destroy a pen, e.g. Bay State Blue (as much as I love that hue) or a glittery ink. A bunch of samples or a bottle of your particular favorite would be great!
Stationary is also appreciated.
In general, I love stuff that is usable: thick, quality paper; comfortable, easy-to-fill pens; every-day inks. Feel free to get me stuff along those lines or blow me out of the water with something different and exciting.

EDIT 2018-12-05: Also I'm left-handed if that influences your decisions at all!

Already Have:
Pens: TWSBI Eco (Medium? I think) and TWSBI Diamond 580 (Fine)

Inks:
- Noodler's Borealis Black
- Noodler's Black Swan in English Roses
- Iroshizoku Chiku-Rin
- Diamine Oxblood
- A bunch of samples of various dark blue and dark green inks that are not worth mentioning.

NSFW:
As you wish. No glitter, please. Also I'm gay as gently caress so dicks are good.

Use:
Notes and journaling. I think best on paper, and I have a stack of hand-written notes at work that I use to sort out ideas.

Shops:
Amazon or Goulet Pens. Or just whatever you want, really, I'm easy.

Solumin fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Dec 6, 2018

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Dear Santa,

How 's the North Pole?

Love:
Would love to get an ink you really like. I'm partial to darker work-friendly colors, but really anything interesting that I don't have is cool. (Only exceptions are something that could damage a pen or glitter inks.)

Already Have:
Pens: MB 149 - Medium, Edison Collier - Bold, Parker Premier - M, TWSBI 580 AL - F, MB - Noblesse Oblige - Medium, MB - Carrera - EF, Vintage Pelikan - Flex fine, Parker 51, - Medium.

Inks:
1. Noodlers - Apache Sunset, Subway Sepia, Zhivago
2. Diamine - Majestic Blue, Red Dragon, Sapphire Blue, Sherwood Green
3. Sailor - Souboku
4. Iroshizuku - Kon-Peki, Ku Jaku, Asa-Gao, Murasaki-Shikibu
5. J. Herbin - Perle Noir

NSFW:
Generally, no.

Use:
Work and journaling. I fill the world with insurancey goodness, one buzzword laden meeting at a time.

Shops:
Whatever you want, really, I'm easy.

Biffmotron
Jan 12, 2007

Hi Santa,

I've been a good boy this year. Or at least, there is no evidence to the contrary.

Love:
I like turquoise and bright blue ink, so samples along those lines would be great. I use note cards for random jotting and would like to send more personalized cards to people, so if you have a favorite card, a few samples and where to buy more would be aces! Most of my pens are in EF/F nibs, so if you have a spare broader or wetter pen, that'd be real nice, but totally not necessary.

Already Have:
Inks: Iroshizuku Asa-Gao, Lamy Turquoise, and Waterman Serenity Blue. A set of Pilot Parallel pens.

NSFW:
Inside of the packaging, I guess

Use:
Journaling, note-taking, general fidgeting with pens.

Shops:
Whatever, really, but Amazon and Goulet will get used.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
Dear Santa Claus

Despite posting in these here forums, I promise I've otherwise been good. I mostly use my pens at work at a hospital, so I'm a big user of more serious looking blues, greens, reds and blacks, but what's the point of samples if not trying out something different? If you don't mind I'm not a big fan of eyedroppers so far, but maybe it's just the noodler charlie that's a leaky poo poo. I'm kinda interested in weird and interesting china pens.

Pens I own and love:
Pilot: a pile of metros, M through F.
Lamy: Safaris in F and EF, All Star in EF, 2000 in F.
Kaweko: Liliput in M
China pens: PenBBS 350 in whatever size they come in (F?) Moonman M2.
TWBSI: Eco in B and F, Classic in EF, GO in EF.

Inks I own or have sampled:
1. Pilot: Yama-Guri (so pretty), Shin-Ryoku
2. Sailor: Tokiwa-Matsu (one of my faves for work), Kobe Maiko, Miruai (left a really nice stain on my lab coat), Iori (wish I got a bottle while they were still easily available)
3. R & K: Verdura (another daily workhorse for charting)
4. Noodler's: Raven Black, General of the Armies, Blue upon the plains of Abraham (really nice, RIP my bottle that I dropped), Midnight Blue (v. nice sheen), Bernanke Black, Borealis Black, Nikita.
5. Diamine: Sherwood Green (Often used at work), Denim.
6. Kyo No Oto: Adzukiro (seems to clog my metro easily, but really lovely colour), Hisoku.

Bring on the horrifying goon abominations. Just not on the outer packaging please, the lady at the post office wouldn't appreciate that. (It's super cold here, please specify for delivery with signature)

I mostly use my pens to chart patient files at work, with some occasional doodling at home, so my main attraction to FPs is good ink capacity and decent handling.

Shops: I'm a big fan of wonder pens, but am open to any others that ship to Canada.

Hope the elves don't filch your good pen!

babyeatingpsychopath
Oct 28, 2000
Forum Veteran

Dear Santa,

I use dip pens to write novels by candlelight. I like inks that are dark, archival, and compatible with real bird quills.
I have dip pen nibs dating back to the 1860s that still write beautifully, but only the most basic of plastic pens (nib holders).

I welcome all artistic embellishments to packages; my postal carrier has seen some truly bizarre artwork on the outsides of packages from goons before and hasn't called the police on me, even with my forums name as the addressee and "CANADA OR RUSSIA" as the return address. Please no glitter, it's an environmental catastrophe even worse than drinking straws.

Giant Metal Robot
Jun 14, 2005

Taco Defender
Dear Santa,

I have a TWSBI Eco and Pilot Kakuno I keep inked up with blues and blacks (Sailor Nano, Noodler Black, Iroshizuku Tsuki-yo, Take-sumi, and Kon-Peki) and use at work to keep to-do's, sketch ideas, etc, in about a thousand notebooks. Boy howdy do I love notebooks. Anything except lined paper. Loose leaf is also good.

Ink samples would be also be fun, especially deep green or crimson. Keep the ink SFW please. Anything to help improve my handwriting would also be great, books, rulers, links to resources, whatever you think has been valuable.

Packaging and Shops: No restrictions.

Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

From here, it's possible.
Dear Santa,

I'd be happy with one of your favorite inks, pens, or pen/ink accessories - anything you really love and think the world needs to be exposed to. Is there something local or unique that you would like to share? I'd love to try it.

If you need help narrowing your favorites down: My favorite ink manufacturers are Sailor (Jentle/Shikiori, Nano, Kobe, Bungubox, etc, etc), KWZI, Colorverse, and Robert Oster but like I said, if something wows you and I don't already own it, then I'll probably enjoy it! There are no colors that I actively dislike, but I tend to very rarely use shimmering inks. I also tend to shy away from iron gall inks nowadays.

If you want to send me a pen that you really enjoy, then thats great. I don't have much in the way of preferences for pens to be honest, probably because I haven't actually tried any pens outside of what I have listed in the Google Doc below. I have never tried out any of the newish Chinese pens (Wing Sung, PenBBS, Moonman), so if you really like those then by all means! I guess the only preference I have for pens would be that I don't much care for very fine (like Japanese fines, Western fines are ok) nibs. If you would rather send a cool pen stand or travel thing, thats cool too. I will say that I am good on stationary for a good while into the future, though.

If the list of things I already have happens to stump you, you are shipping internationally and want to save on postage, or if you are new to the hobby and don't really know what you yourself enjoy yet, then a gift card wouldn't hurt my feelings either. I'm pretty easy to please.

What you already have.
Here is a list of ink and pens I already own (fairly lengthy, sorry to be a pain): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zC2ZicPdwcB8uIsITrKVVpf_vZ3Hl1yX2-uEmCgvp1E/edit?usp=sharing

If you really like a particular item from a brand that is represented in the list above, but one that I have not purchased yet, don't assume that it is because I don't/wouldn't like the color! Again, I'm pretty easy to please.

If you’re cool with NSFW packaging or content.
As long as it is restricted to only inside the package, go for it.

I try to use my pens as much as I can for everything, but as a student they tend to get a lot of time writing notes. I also actively keep a Hononichi Techo planner and always swap out the ink color used in it after every month based on the season. In January I will also start using their relatively new 5-year journal in conjunction with the planner so I'd love to feature any pen or ink gifted for a month out of next year.

Vanness Pen Shop and Pen Chalet are my favorites.

kim jong-illin
May 2, 2011
Quick post so this ends up in my bookmarks to remind me to edit it later with my preferences.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.
Dear Santa,

I'm usually more interested in F or EF nibbed pens but I have played around with B or stub nibs and I have a full set of Pilot Parallels. I also like weird, unique, or vintage/retro pens.
I like pretty much every color of ink but I have several black inks so pretty much any colors aside from that is preferable.
Oh, I also like stuff that's unique to where you live or what you do even if it's not directly FP-related.
I'm enough of a weirdo to have and use melted wax and a signet to seal envelopes. I'm super down for other sealing wax.

What you already have.
I'm not nearly organized enough to have a spreadsheet of inks/pens. I have the usual several Metros, a Safari and an Al-Star, a VP, a Logo, several cheap Chinese pens, a vintage celluloid pen that I need to re-sac, the aforementioned Parallels, a dip pen with several nibs, and some others I'm sure I'm forgetting.
I don't have as many inks as pens--I have bottles of 54th Mass, Black Swan in English Roses, Nikita, Orange Indien, Tsukushi, and several different black inks. I also have a smattering of samples.
I have red supple sealing wax, and a signet with my last initial.

If you’re cool with NSFW packaging or content. (Dong glitter exists. Just say’n.)
Please keep the outside packaging SFW so my postal carrier doesn't look at me funny (more than usual, anyway) but do whatever you want to the inside.
It's also regularly below freezing here right now (dropping to the teens-twenties in Freedom Degrees in the next couple weeks) so you might want to keep that in mind.

I'm a writer (poetry and fiction) and my job involves a lot of writing and note-taking.
I keep trying to make Bullet Journaling happen and just picked up one of the special Leuchtturm BuJo notebooks that I'll be starting on December 1. I also use a pocket/passport-sized Traveler's Notebook as a wallet which is also where I jot down things like shopping lists or poo poo I need/want to remember and transfer to a different notebook later.
I love all kinds of FP-friendly stationery from HP copy paper to Tomoe River and Rhodia pads. Cards/notecards/postcards are also cool.
I am abjectly terrible at drawing or other visual arts but I keep trying because uh... I'm dumb/a masochist/stubborn?

My preferred shops are Amazon and Goulet Pens.

Kierena
Oct 15, 2010
Dear Santa,
I enjoy pens and ink of a wide variety, and I’m not too picky. The only thing I really don’t want is ballpoint pens as I have a wide variety that I use and love already.
Colored inks are definitely a fascination for me, and I love bright colors and shiny /sparkly things!
In terms of other types of pens and stationary I just have a pilot kakuno and some black cartridge refills.
In terms of NSFW stuff? So long as it’s inside the package it’s a-ok with me!
I mostly use pens for art and journaling, and I do inktober every year as an FYI. ;)
In terms of shops, I use amazon a lot, but otherwise I haven’t gotten time to order or browse more specialty shops. I have heard jetpens is good but I You know other places that are good I always like trying new things.]

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Assignments are out! Shoot me a PM or email if I hosed anything up.

e: If you haven't posted your letter to santa yet, get hopping.

Pixelante fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Dec 3, 2018

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
First off, thanks to my Secret Santa! The gift card has already been spent.

Second, I'm waiting on a couple of things, but everything should hopefully be ready to go out mid-week. My main worry now is deciding which pen and ink to use when writing the note.

Kierena
Oct 15, 2010
Thank you to my secret Santa! The ink came in a different color than the one on the receipt (Receipt said Red Dragon, but bottle is Earl Grey) I’ll have to go to amazon and see if I can get that sorted because as pretty as Earl Grey is Red Dragon would look STUNNING in this pen. The Moonman pen is GORGEOUS looking and wowed my office peeps with how pretty it is. I opened it at work so I’ll have to wait until I get home to fill and test them.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Going over to the post office during my supper break this evening. Hope everything gets there on time. Hopefully some of my more unorthodox packaging choices don’t put you off Santee!
e: in predictable fashion once I seal up the package I realize I didn’t put the card in.

Nine of Eight fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Dec 13, 2018

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Thank you Santa! Everything looks right up my alley. You did a great job picking out stuff I'd like. Nice job on the package decorations, too!

Dear Santee-- USPS turned my 2-day priority shipping into 2-week because I guess my stuff wanted a vacation? Anyway the goodies I needed came in and I'm about to send it off.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
My Santee's package is away! Should be there Wednesday afternoon.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Kierena posted:

Thank you to my secret Santa! The ink came in a different color than the one on the receipt (Receipt said Red Dragon, but bottle is Earl Grey) I’ll have to go to amazon and see if I can get that sorted because as pretty as Earl Grey is Red Dragon would look STUNNING in this pen. The Moonman pen is GORGEOUS looking and wowed my office peeps with how pretty it is. I opened it at work so I’ll have to wait until I get home to fill and test them.

I'm very glad you liked the Moonman and slightly bummed Amazon screwed up with the ink. I picked it for the very reason you said, kind of going with a Chinese theme. Did the seller fix the ink?

Giant Metal Robot
Jun 14, 2005

Taco Defender
I have no patience for Christmas, so my fingers are smudged with rainbows already.

The Sequoia Green is especially ace.

And then my partner stole away with the Tiananmen to draw a city. Thanks Solumin!

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Oh good, it got there safely! Merry Christmas :3:

Kierena
Oct 15, 2010

Moral_Hazard posted:

I'm very glad you liked the Moonman and slightly bummed Amazon screwed up with the ink. I picked it for the very reason you said, kind of going with a Chinese theme. Did the seller fix the ink?

I contacted them but I bought a different ink and a Moonman mini with some leftover birthday money. Unfortunately the second ink I picked up had the exact same problem. Its seems to be on amazons end too so I’m exchanging them both. I’ll keep you updated. In the meantime buying diamine ink from amazon in the south east is probably going to yield similar results until they sort themselves out.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.
My santee's package should be there by Friday.

Biffmotron
Jan 12, 2007

Thank you, Santa! Your package was amazing. I especially like the tsuki-yo ink and notecards.

I've been a little slow, but my package is in the mail.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice
Glad you liked it! That ink is one of my favorite blues.

Sorry about the lack of converter, by the way! Though apparently there’s some controversy over the CON-40 not being as good as the CON-50, so maybe it’s just as well?

Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

My Santee’s package is in the mail, but it will arrive on Wednesday :( Waited too long to order the item from Amazon and received the wrong thing. Added a bunch of ink samples for their gift arriving a little late, so hopefully that makes it worthwhile!

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Thanks for the lovely card Secret Santa!, I'm really looking forward to inking up some of the blues you sent me. The reds are already in action at work and I must say I was really surprised by how nice the Tianamen looks!
The paper on the notepad is really nice, I'll attach a picture of the colours I'm currently using later. Since you've expressed interest in how the Iori looks, I have no choice but to send you a nice postcard as a thank you.

Nine of Eight fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Dec 22, 2018

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Thank you Magnus Praeda for the awesome Moonman Mini and Noodler's Black Swan in English Roses. I really like the ink and it's not a color I would've picked out on my own. Merry Christmas pen crowd. :v:

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Moral_Hazard posted:

Thank you Magnus Praeda for the awesome Moonman Mini and Noodler's Black Swan in English Roses. I really like the ink and it's not a color I would've picked out on my own. Merry Christmas pen crowd. :v:

I'm glad you liked them! Merry Christmas!

Edit: A package appears!

Oh, a lovely card!

Holy ink samples, Batman! And a lovely Moonman as well!

Taxes posted:

My Santee’s package is in the mail, but it will arrive on Wednesday :( Waited too long to order the item from Amazon and received the wrong thing. Added a bunch of ink samples for their gift arriving a little late, so hopefully that makes it worthwhile!

Looks like USPS brought the hustle and got it here early. You weren't kidding when you said "a bunch of ink samples," wow! I'm going to have to invest in an actual sample rack now and put together a spreadsheet for all these colors.

Many thanks!

Magnus Praeda fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Dec 25, 2018

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Thank you for the lovely gift, Santa. The taxidermied armadillo will make a great addition to my collection and the handwritten note cursing my progeny nigh unto seven generations was a nice touch.

effika
Jun 19, 2005

grack posted:

Thank you for the lovely gift, Santa. The taxidermied armadillo will make a great addition to my collection and the handwritten note cursing my progeny nigh unto seven generations was a nice touch.

It's not a good secret Santa exchange if no one gets cursed!

grack
Jan 10, 2012

In all seriousness, though, thanks for the lovely package! The Monteverde green, in particular, is really nice.

Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

Magnus Praeda posted:

I'm glad you liked them! Merry Christmas!

Edit: A package appears!

Oh, a lovely card!

Holy ink samples, Batman! And a lovely Moonman as well!

Looks like USPS brought the hustle and got it here early. You weren't kidding when you said "a bunch of ink samples," wow! I'm going to have to invest in an actual sample rack now and put together a spreadsheet for all these colors.

Many thanks!

Ah I’m so glad! Hope you find a few new favorites in the samples!

Just checking to see if my SS has made it out to the post office just yet, haven’t seen anything pen-related in the mail lately.

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

A rather damp and very late postman delivered my FPSASS the other night. Sounds like Canada Post is still a bit swamped!

Thank you Nine of Eight for the BBS and heap of ink samples. Already trying out a couple of them, and really happy to have the fun-sized bottle of kiri-same. (I am never going to finish any of the larger Iroshizuku bottles.) Excellent choices with stationary, as well. I found some stickers stuck in the Rodia. :)

I hope you work in a lab because otherwise I'm a little worried about your access to blood sample vials.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
I work in healthcare; I hope the additives in those vials didn’t mess up anything about the inks. I was half convinced post Canada might seize the package thinking something hella weird was going on. The stickers were made by a friend; I was rooting though my stuff for bonus package content and found them.

Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

Still nothing from my SS :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

Pixelante, do you mind contacting my SS to see if he’s still active in the exchange?