Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I tried to zipper merge this morning and now my nut sack is bleeding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Shouldn't have let the nutsack merge first.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

A humble bicycle commuter here, I'll just go ahead and swerve merge at my leisure

schmug
May 20, 2007

cross -post from schadenfreude thread. enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0SK1Tbw5Zc

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Road rage and poo poo is one thing but the sheer number of "small car brake-checks a truck" compilation videos is what really makes me conclude these people are just straight-up dumb as mud.

e: it's like people who wait until you're physically driving over the crosswalk before they start to cross and then get mad at you for not violating the rules of physics and coming to a dead stop 5 feet before you started

schmug
May 20, 2007

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Road rage and poo poo is one thing but the sheer number of "small car brake-checks a truck" compilation videos is what really makes me conclude these people are just straight-up dumb as mud.

e: it's like people who wait until you're physically driving over the crosswalk before they start to cross and then get mad at you for not violating the rules of physics and coming to a dead stop 5 feet before you started

dumb, and possibly suicidal

Gone Fission
Apr 7, 2007

We're here to make coffee metal. We're here to make everything metal.

The Walrus posted:

Okay so hoping someone can help me with this, I was driving through Colorado on an interstate and some doofus like 5 miles ahead dumped some hay bales off of his truck and only one lane was getting through. So there were signs and poo poo saying a lane was closed ahead, but everyone IMMEDIATELY got out of the right lane and into the left lane, leaving the right late completely open and absolutely loving traffic flow. I'd never seen anything like it.

We had a 14 hour drive that day and I didn't much feel like donating an hour of my time to mountain dwelling yokels that have never heard of a zipper merge so we just stayed in the right lane, planning on being there until the lane actually closed. But we only got maybe a km down the backup when some guy cut out into the right lane to block us from going any further, as if we were the ones being cunts. Which I mean, we were blowing past a bunch of cars but what the gently caress was going on? Once we merged behind this guy, not a single car passed us on our right. I'd never seen anything like it. Is this a weird Colorado thing?

Colorado has a great highway sign, in some places: "Left lane hogs cause traffic clogs." However, people are still people, and the ones who need to read that sign the most are either illiterate idiots or drunk blind people, so the signs don't seem to have their desired effect.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Gone Fission posted:

Colorado has a great highway sign, in some places: "Left lane hogs cause traffic clogs." However, people are still people, and the ones who need to read that sign the most are either illiterate idiots or drunk blind people, so the signs don't seem to have their desired effect.

meanwhile in NY they are literally removing 400 highway signs because they pose a distraction danger to drivers:

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/news/politics/albany/2018/11/07/new-york-begins-removing-controversial-love-ny-signs/1924164002/

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I bet half of them are like, "Ha, the trucker ran in the back of me, it's obviously their fault... what do you mean they had a dashcam?"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

schmug posted:

actually, just gently caress everyone all the time people are loving stupid

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Trucks shouldn't be allowed to pass unless there are three or more lanes

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

raton posted:

Trucks shouldn't be allowed to pass unless there are three or more lanes

If a truck is passing you, you should get the gently caress off the freeway because you drive like an old lady.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
I think the problem is more when you have a trucking going like 60 passing a truck going 55. It chokes the whole highway for two slower vehicles.

The same thing happens if two slower cars pass each other though.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

If a truck is passing you, you should get the gently caress off the freeway because you drive like an old lady.

Trucks "passing" another truck at a +0.0000001 mph differential is the problem this cool new law you won't believe is designed to fix

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

wilderthanmild posted:

I think the problem is more when you have a trucking going like 60 passing a truck going 55. It chokes the whole highway for two slower vehicles.

The same thing happens if two slower cars pass each other though.

I wish it was 55 v 60, if you're going 5 mph in a parking lot you're past a semi in a few seconds

It's often less than 1 mph in difference

The passing guy could have just slowed by a half a mile an hour and followed the other guy but can't be assed

Gone Fission
Apr 7, 2007

Laslow posted:

If you’re wondering why Americans have rage and mental issues, it’s the idea the a 40 minute or more commute is normal and acceptable.

Can confirm that a 40 minute commute causes rage and health issues, will never do it again.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Dandywalken posted:

Was set up to do a sweet zipper merge on the interstate and was getting hype. Then some bigass truck that was oblivious to everyone's spacing decided to roar in right at the merge point blaring Rob Zombie's Dragula and traffic ground to a halt.

A man I admire greatly and an example to all.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

raton posted:

Trucks "passing" another truck at a +0.0000001 mph differential is the problem this cool new law you won't believe is designed to fix
Trucks cause like 99% of the damage to roadways so really they should just ban them from highways, or tax the everloving gently caress out of them and reinvest the saved road budget into train tracks.

Heavy highway tax is like 500 max and they cause thousands and thousands in damage per truck per year

Dolphin fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Nov 13, 2018

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Dolphin posted:

Trucks cause like 99% of the damage to roadways so really they should just ban them from highways and reinvest the saved road budget into train tracks.

lmao

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They banned truck balls, why not ban the other half too

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Like have you ever heard someone say "boy, I wish there were more semis on the highway today"

No you have not.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

You aren't wrong but the roads are really there for the trucks, they just also let you use them.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Dolphin posted:

Like have you ever heard someone say "boy, I wish there were more semis on the highway today"

No you have not.

sorry u live in some bumfuck town with highways that only have 2 lanes :shrug:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The only people who should own trucks are those using them for commercial or professional purposes and really friendly white trash dudes with Grim Reaper window stickers.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chinatown posted:

sorry u live in some bumfuck town with highways that only have 2 lanes :shrug:
you're totally a trucker

lol if you
Jun 29, 2004

I am going to remove your penis, in thin slices, like salami, just for starters.

Gone Fission posted:

Coming down out of the mountains of Hot Springs, AR they have highway signs that say "merging between semis has caused XX deaths this year, don't be next" and the XX is a flip sign like at baseball games.

those are some god drat good highway signs

Gone Fission
Apr 7, 2007

JebanyPedal posted:

The only people who should own trucks are those using them for commercial or professional purposes and really friendly white trash dudes with Grim Reaper window stickers.

I think you mean Punisher + Semper Fi + These Colors Don't Run + Don't Tread On Me + AR-15 + Row-Of-Bullets + My Specific Obscure Military Occupation Code window stickers

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Gone Fission posted:

That's more for cars that sit in the left lane not passing though, my situation was literally a line of cars ten or more miles long sitting in the left lane not moving when the right lane was open right next to it.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Gone Fission posted:

I think you mean Punisher + Semper Fi + These Colors Don't Run + Don't Tread On Me + AR-15 + Row-Of-Bullets + My Specific Obscure Military Occupation Code window stickers

is calvin peeing on a ford logo passe now?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

The cool kids have Calvin pissing on Hillary now

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

raton posted:

I recently drove coast to coast across the US and this was the most annoying loving thing.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Gone Fission posted:

there are people, mostly entitled, old, curmudgeon assholes, who think that there is nothing wrong with doing that because "durrr I'm going the speed limit!"

these are the same people who complained when most parts of the us finally went back to the pre-1974 speed limits, which are still pretty slow for a lot of highways, with crys of "well, you'll just have to go around me* then!"

*illegally, because they are blocking the passing lane

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

The_Franz posted:

there are people, mostly entitled, old, curmudgeon assholes, who think that there is nothing wrong with doing that because "durrr I'm going the speed limit!"

these are the same people who complained when most parts of the us finally went back to the pre-1974 speed limits, which are still pretty slow for a lot of highways, with crys of "well, you'll just have to go around me* then!"

*illegally, because they are blocking the passing lane

There are a lot of people that do that and 90% of them either drive a Subaru wagon or a Buick

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dolphin posted:

Trucks cause like 99% of the damage to roadways so really they should just ban them from highways, or tax the everloving gently caress out of them and reinvest the saved road budget into train tracks.

Heavy highway tax is like 500 max and they cause thousands and thousands in damage per truck per year

Rofl trucks get you and everyone else the food you need to live. Your job at the dick sucking factory means nothing compared to them.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

zipper? i hardly knew her?!

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CassandraZara posted:

Rofl trucks get you and everyone else the food you need to live. Your job at the dick sucking factory means nothing compared to them.
i get all my sustenance from the dick sucking factory, moron

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Trucks are a required part of infrastructure, whether you like it or not. Can't have a train stop at every office and store.

Dumb fucks in cars aren't needed tho, they can take a train.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Truck her? I hardley knew her!

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.

Colonel Cancer posted:

Trucks are a required part of infrastructure, whether you like it or not. Can't have a train stop at every office and store.

Dumb fucks in cars aren't needed tho, they can take a train.

I mean if we didnt loving suck rear end at infrastructure and actually had an imaginary infinite money tree it would be nice to have high speed rail hubs in each city with dedicated commercial lines so trucks would be mostly pointless interstate wide.

But that will happen as soon as fuckers learn to merge properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dolphin posted:

Dolphin posted:

No you have not.

Dolphin posted:

i get all my sustenance from the dick sucking factory, moron

A good tripost

• Locked thread