Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

my dog died im sad posted:

I think there's even a Pokemon that's just a sword with eyes. I could be mistaken.

:thunk:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
What's that pokemon called that's a vibe with two condoms for eyes?

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Which of these is not a real Pokemon:

1) a ring of keys
2) a pile of garbage
3) a snowflake
4) a sandcastle

Answer: all of them are Pokemon, of course

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

SciFiDownBeat posted:

1) a ring of keys
2) a pile of garbage
3) a snowflake
4) a sandcastle

What about

1) a normal bird
2) the other normal bird
3) a third normal bird
4) a normal rate
5) a normal crab
6) a normal weddel seal

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.

SciFiDownBeat posted:

1) a ring of keys
2) a pile of garbage
3) a snowflake
4) a sandcastle

You forgot the newest one. A brick wall.

Yes I know that Stakataka is an ultra beast, and technically not a pokemon. gently caress off

naem
May 29, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's Ryan Reynolds (sadly not Frank Reynolds) as a talking yellow capybara with electricity powers who solves mysteries with teens.

You'd think the country that brought us Scooby-Doo would be less easily weirded out by the idea.

scooby-doo is one of western civilization’s finest achievements

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Anything touched by Casey Kasem's gilded voice is to be treasured.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Pikachu has really gotta pikashit

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat
im not watching the trailer because the concept of a live-action pokemon movie gives me serious anxiety for reasons i cannot explain and which i am not interested in investigating

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

Soiled Meat
like i saw the gif of the jigglypuff thing and it makes me feel like im having a dissociative event

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

chernobyl kinsman posted:

im not watching the trailer because the concept of a live-action pokemon movie gives me serious anxiety for reasons i cannot explain and which i am not interested in investigating

how could this possibly give you anxiety???

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
What is Pokemon??
https://carm.org/what-is-pokemon

CARM posted:

Is Pokemon dangerous?  Potentially, yes it is.  It conditions the child who plays the game into accepting occult and evolutionary principles.  Haunter can hypnotize, eat a person's dreams, and drain their energy.  Abra reads minds.  Kadabra emits negative energy that harms others.  Gastly induces sleep. Gengar laughs at peoples' fright.  Nidoran uses poison.  The Psychic type of Pokemon is among the strongest in the game.  Charmander, Haunter, Ivysaur, Kadabra, and many more evolve.  The children are taught to use these creatures to do their will by invoking colored energy cards, fights, and commands. Much of it is reminiscent of the occult and eastern mysticism

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

Soiled Meat

how could this happen

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

Drunk Nerds posted:

What's that pokemon called that's a vibe with two condoms for eyes?

Beaker!???

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

quote:

Update 7/16/2016: The original CARM article on Pokémon was written in 2007. Recently, Pokémon has experienced a resurgence. In fact, it is now the number one viewed article on CARM. My daughter who, I just found out, plays Pokemon Go, told me it's fun and that there are no occultic overtones associated with it. So, downloaded the mobile phone app version of Pokémon and my daughter and I played it for 1/2 hour. So far, nothing occultic has surfaced in the new version. I'm going to continue my research.

no one is safe!!!! :gonk:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

dudeness posted:

why is there a surf shop in the middle of the most megacity city

Most surf shops are high-end fashion places with some surfboards as decoration these days last I checked

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
Tell that to the Surfboard Pokemon.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Is this a Pokemon?

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

chernobyl kinsman posted:

how could this happen

Elvis hosed a Kirby

BattleCattle
May 11, 2014

EorayMel posted:

Is this a Pokemon?

That there’s a Slugma, I reckon.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
i hope im on drugs when i watch this, inshallah

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

EorayMel posted:

Is this a Pokemon?

I think that's a nudibranch?
according to google, that would mean the equivalent pokemon is a "shellos" or it's evolution, "gastrodon"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

There's also a sea cucumber Pokemon, Pyukumuku. It pukes up its own stomach and punches you with it.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

But can Detective Pikachu solve the greatest mystery of all? Why did they take pepsi blue off the market?

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
drat this looks bad as hell.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I just remembered that there is a part in the game where you have to trap a Gengar. Despite it being a silly 3DS game with a talking Pikachu it was pretty drat creepy. I wasn't even aware that Gengar is really huge, but finding him him and his creepy rape smile legit freaked me out.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I wish Dom DeLuise was still alive to do the voice.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There's also a sea cucumber Pokemon, Pyukumuku. It pukes up its own stomach and punches you with it.

man, how the hell are there three saltwater slug pokemon and not one friggin opossum?

you'd think the ice cream, sword, honeycomb, etc. would be from running out of ideas, but even just regular-rear end nature has more going on

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I hope theres a joke about Raichu being Pikachu that went through puberty.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Streak posted:

drat this looks bad as hell.

Counter-point: It, in fact, looks cool and good.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

JediTalentAgent posted:

I wish Dom DeLuise was still alive to do the voice.

Yeah that would be better than what they went with. It's not that I hate Ryan Reynolds or anything, it's just that his voice REALLY doesn't work coming out of a fuzzy lil critter. Danny Diveto would've worked perfectly but maybe he turned the down :shrug:

Shy and Shameless
Jul 15, 2015

Raised by birbs
Gonna be some innocent fun. ...and I know it's dumb, but come on: the concept of interrogating someone that will not talk is fundamentally funny.

Nerd question is this, though: what pokey has the potential power to shift the landscape like in the trailer? Could be a psychic attack, perhaps.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
This is what Dom DeLuise Pokemon 1992 would have been, though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMyGjQflNnc

edit: I could have sworn at first that TJ Miller was the voice of Pikachu for a few seconds.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

krinklechip posted:

Gonna be some innocent fun. ...and I know it's dumb, but come on: the concept of interrogating someone that will not talk is fundamentally funny.

Nerd question is this, though: what pokey has the potential power to shift the landscape like in the trailer? Could be a psychic attack, perhaps.

Literally any of the legendaries. But that's if and only if this movie stays consistent with any of the other shows/games.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Cubone posted:

man, how the hell are there three saltwater slug pokemon and not one friggin opossum?

you'd think the ice cream, sword, honeycomb, etc. would be from running out of ideas, but even just regular-rear end nature has more going on

They had trilobite and horseshoe crab Pokemon in the first games and they still don't have a dolphin

This may be a surprise but these video games are made by huge goddamn nerds

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Linux Pirate posted:

Yeah that would be better than what they went with. It's not that I hate Ryan Reynolds or anything, it's just that his voice REALLY doesn't work coming out of a fuzzy lil critter. Danny Diveto would've worked perfectly but maybe he turned the down :shrug:

As I said, DeVito and Deluise would be too old and grizzled for the role. Detective Pikachu is just a wannabee great detective. He's too young for the job and really just wants to talk about great coffee.
Oh and poo poo candy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3rudfcUmDw

Lodin fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Nov 14, 2018

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Lodin posted:

...and really just wants to talk about great coffee.

Now I'm imagining Kyle MacLachlan's voice coming out of pikachu.

necroid
May 14, 2009

Picnic Princess posted:

Also on a scale of 1 to 1488 how angry are white nerds about the lead being a black kid

lol @ all those comments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

font color sea
Jan 23, 2017

Expelliarmus!

Shmorky might have been a pervert, but he knew his stuff

• Locked thread