Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Becky is
This poll is closed.
badass 56 21.46%
bloody 52 19.92%
best 57 21.84%
booyah 31 11.88%
BIG DOG! 65 24.90%
Total: 119 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015
Don't have to hobble if you're beneath the ring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Just a reminder to everyone that there is a Takeover this weekend and it will be a part of the prediction game

Also as a side note that Bayley/Sasha match was good and it's a shame it was a sham because if they gave it time (and airtime) I bet it would have been great.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Chris James 2 posted:

Dave said on Observer Radio he was told directly Braun/Brock isn't happening at Mania, so there's your "Brock kicks Braun's rear end at the Rumble" near-annual match

2018 he retained against Braun and Kane
2016 he no-sold, kneed the poo poo out of Braun and eliminated him

lol so if Brock doesn’t drop it at the rumble what the gently caress are they going to do

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol so if Brock doesn’t drop it at the rumble what the gently caress are they going to do

You know this is what's guaranteed to happen now. They've done it so many times it's lost all shock value. Brock will beat Braun, Vince will dump a boatload of money off into Brock Lesner's Ice Palace home and then Brock will drop the title to Roman Reigns doing a very cautious spear so he doesn't come disattached from his IV drip.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Meadowhill posted:

Don't have to hobble if you're beneath the ring

I think the joke here is that Shayna still has a leg/foot injury according to Rovert.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Brock/Cormier ain't happening in January and might not be until March 2 so he was already not losing at the Rumble.

Drew will save yall at *throws dart* Summerslam '19

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/1062231777253748736?s=19

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Brock/Cormier ain't happening in January and might not be until March 2 so he was already not losing at the Rumble.

Drew will save yall at *throws dart* Summerslam '19

i thought cormier was retiring in march

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i thought cormier was retiring in march

He's always been adamant he'd be retired by his birthday. His birthday's March 20. Rare cool move from Dana to hold an event early enough in the month that Cormier can get a victory lap win in

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
dana book cromier jbj, you coward

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

christ wwe just nut up and have becky tap out ronda "sandy hook might have been fake" rousey. they're going to gently caress up their hottest ticket so stupidly

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

christ wwe just nut up and have becky tap out ronda "sandy hook might have been fake" rousey. they're going to gently caress up their hottest ticket so stupidly

Ronda is still the needle mover and unless Becky can provably sell more T-Shirts, more tickets and become a household name all across the globe she isn't beating Ronda.

WWE isn't for the people who watch, it's for the people who could potentially watch.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Maybe they'll protect Becky because she's in that new Marine movie
I just re-watched the trailer and apparently she has fight scenes against Shawn Michaels?!

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

DLC Inc posted:

This is true. Not just because Becky has earned the win, but it tells a better story for Ronda.

In UFC she was completely dominant but when she was finally defeated back to back she left to WWE rather than exist in a place where she couldn’t be on top.

If Becky beats Ronda, you can tell a story of Ronda learning how to grow through adversity and failure and come back stronger to get her win at Mania in a moment of triumph and perseverance.

This will never happen though and she’ll just keep being lady Brock.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

dsriggs posted:

remember the only highlight of the last invasion season?

woo woo woo

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
drat that Balor/Ziggler match was badass

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

• Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar came out, and Heyman told the pro-AJ Styles crowd that Brock was going to beat AJ yet again. Jinder Mahal came out and pointed out that he was supposed to face Brock at last year's Survivor Series but was so focused on that he fell victim to AJ who took his championship. He offered to help Brock with his mantra, and a delighted Brock invited him into the ring (and quipped that Jinder had that "Jew thing" going on :cripes:)
lmfao what in the hell does that mean?

that Becky segment sounds good enough for me to check out RAW, which I still DVR despite never watching it anymore.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Not counting the the Battle Royale, which went less than 40 seconds before Braun's music hit, there was no wrestling in the first hour of the show.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

oh now i read the thread and someone linked to it being uploaded, and not even uploaded by WWE, clearly the best possible option.

thank you, psp goons, for saving me from fast forwarding 2h50m of trash

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Not sure how reliable this site is, or if its even true but:

https://www.mmaweekly.com/paige-vanzant-admits-wwe-interest-but-still-eyes-long-future-in-the-cage

God bless WWE for starting/wanting to go full inokiism. They are interested in grabbing Paige VanZant.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Is Inokiism good or is it for chumps? That's what I want to know, if it's to be foisted upon me.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

projecthalaxy posted:

Is Inokiism good or is it for chumps? That's what I want to know, if it's to be foisted upon me.

Chumps. Just MMA people trying to be wrestlers cause the Booker thinks it adds legitimacy to the organization.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

projecthalaxy posted:

Inokiism almost killed NJPW when they were doing it. That should tell you its a bad thing.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Strawberry Panda posted:

Chumps. Just MMA people trying to be wrestlers cause the Booker thinks it adds legitimacy to the organization.

vince stop loving around and sign thug rose

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Me trying to figure out what Brock meant by "you should hear this, after all you are Jewish."

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Like it's difficult at all to figure out what Brock meant at all or why the audience laughed.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

I guess Ronda is getting an alt-right gimmick

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

if vince wants shootfighters bring back brawl for all and have bart gunn/butterbean II

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

projecthalaxy posted:

Inokiism is good as hell and only geeks that care about revenue streams and ratings will tell you its bad

edit: though WWE is basically incapable of training people to work so it would suck anyway

Low Desert Punk fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Nov 13, 2018

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

fatherofmustard posted:

No, that's just the entire company.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

VJeff posted:

Me trying to figure out what Brock meant by "you should hear this, after all you are Jewish."

To Brock there are only two religions, his own (money) and other, all of other is the same.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

fatherofmustard posted:

give ronda a qanon gimmick

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
https://twitter.com/JohnCena/status/1062386041049346048

beijing john cena is... good

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It is endlessly hilarious that Ronda "turned into a blubbering mess and disappeared for a year after losing one time" Rousey is out there cutting YOU ENTITLED SNOWFLAKE MILLENIALS promos on Becky (who is literally the same age as Ronda)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Dear sweet lord, every time I think I can't love this man more.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Benne posted:

It is endlessly hilarious that Ronda "turned into a blubbering mess and disappeared for a year after losing one time" Rousey is out there cutting YOU ENTITLED SNOWFLAKE MILLENIALS promos on Becky (who is literally the same age as Ronda)

Ronda Rousey is 31.

Ronda Rousey® is 25.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
If WWE wants to go full Inokiism, they should hire Shibata and let one of their hack doctors clear him for competition.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/BeckyLynchWWE/status/1062395955511808002

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
I agree that all this Inokiism is bad. WWE should immediately fire all their Japanese wrestlers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

OctoberCountry posted:

I agree that all this Inokiism is bad. WWE should immediately fire all their Japanese wrestlers.

Finn spent time in Japan, he'll have to go as well